Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 11:19   #181
BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review

I am very dissappointed that skoda is not facelifting the Rapid to the UK model http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/rapid

The current indian rapid satisfies all my needs on pricing, etc. but I cannot take that grill and bonnet.
Old 27th August 2015, 17:43   #182
BHPian

I am planning to buy this vehicle and is on my shortlist.

How has the ownership been so far, would you recommend buying it?

I plan to use for daily office commute of about 60kms.

In terms of ground clearance do you find any issue in driving over craters or in water logged streets?
Old 27th August 2015, 19:45   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

In terms of ground clearance do you find any issue in driving over craters or in water logged streets?

So far so good. Have driven the car for more than 12K kms in the last 8 months. Ground clearance has never been an issue. I would recommend you to buy this car.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 17:19   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

I had booked the Rapid but cancelled it and booked the Vento instead. No problem with the Rapid. Great car to drive and has 5mm more ground clearance than the Vento. We decided to go in for the Vento because it feels fresh after the facelift and everyone in the family prefers it over the rapid. The manual cars have a bigger discount than the DSGs. Got about 60k discount on the Elegance DSG on the rapid.

Waiting for my Vento DSG TDI to be delivered now
Old 28th August 2015, 17:46   #185
BHPian

Even I am a fence sitter and love the car but not sure if it's worth 12lacs. Scared to take the decision knowing the skoda after sales service. Can vouch that ride quality is way superior than vento
Old 29th August 2015, 20:10   #186
BHPian

Visited the VW, navi mumbai showroom today, horrifying experience. They were giving me a customers car for test drive. I told them this is against my ethics and left the showroom instantly. Booked a Skoda dsg as they were comparatively better than VW staff.
e4gleeyez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 12:19   #187
BHPian

I saw the underbody of the polo. The engine has a proper fully coverd shield. The rapid 1.5tdi dsg doesn't come with any protection for the sump. Even the dsg dq200 side is fully open and not covered. Can u guys please confirm if that's the case with your cars as well... ?
Old 5th September 2015, 15:41   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
I am very dissappointed that skoda is not facelifting the Rapid to the UK model http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/rapid

The current indian rapid satisfies all my needs on pricing, etc. but I cannot take that grill and bonnet.
I don't believe that is just a facelift. Even the interiors are considerably different. IIRC this is an altogether new model, and given that the Vento was launched before the Rapid, I would expect it to be the first one to replaced in India.
Old 13th September 2015, 18:35   #189
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience

Its been 5.5 months and 5500 kms with my Rapid elegance plus 1.5 TDI DSG BP and the journey has been exciting.

However I observed something today morning while I went on a drive till Ambur from Bangalore. Here it goes:

I left Bangalore at around 8AM and it was a steady cruise and I was maintaning speed between 100kmph and 110kmph. Reached Ambur and parked the car after idling the engine for more than 30 seconds. I took about an hour for my work and started my journey back to Bangalore at around 1130AM.

This is when the "issue" started. I always set the MID to display the speed in digits. However, the MID would automatically change to display the temperature gauge at 90 degree centigrade. I thought it was a mistake and set the MID back to speed by pressing the buttons at the end of the right stalk. But again the MID automatically set itself to temperature gauge and it climbed till 95 degrees. This is when I felt uncomfortable and took serious notice of it. I know that the ambient operating temperature is 90 degrees. So I immediately changed the climate control to 25 degrees (it was at 21 earlier) and reduced the car speed to 75kmph. After a few mins the MID set itself back to display the speed. This happened intermittently all the way till i reached BETL flyover. All this while the MID would display the temperature and after me reducing the speed, it would change to my original setting. I am not sure if this is a problem or its just the way it works. No other warning lights switched "ON" all this while.

Can anyone please tell me if this is indeed some problem which needs attention?

More details which might help you:

Car is 5.5 months and 5500 kms old.
Oil level is closer to the "A" marked on the dipstick.
Coolant level is about half an inch above the MIN line on the coolant reservoir
Outside temperature ranged from 29 to 33 degrees (when this issue occured)
50% of the time I was on cruise control set at 100kmph

Also this is the 2nd time im facing this issue, last time was about 2 weeks back on a drive to Nandi-Hills.

Any suggestion/help will be of great assistance.

Thanks
Kiran
Old 13th September 2015, 19:04   #190
Senior - BHPian

A good idea to nail the issue without giving the car to the service centre would be to buy the cheap obdII ports from Ebay India and connect it to your smartphone. Download an app called torque pro.
The moment this error shows up again, just open the app, connect to the obd and check if the coolant temperature has actually gone up to 95 degrees, or your mid is playing up.
I think there's some electrical problem with your mid, sensor malfunction or maybe rats have chewed some wires near your sensor.
Let us know what happens..
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 19:18   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
A good idea to nail the issue without giving the car to the service centre would be to buy the cheap obdII ports from Ebay India and connect it to your smartphone. Download an app called torque pro.
The moment this error shows up again, just open the app, connect to the obd and check if the coolant temperature has actually gone up to 95 degrees, or your mid is playing up.
I think there's some electrical problem with your mid, sensor malfunction or maybe rats have chewed some wires near your sensor.
Let us know what happens..

Surething. Will try to check this issue using the OBDII reader. However I am not able to find Torque Pro from app store. Is there any app specific to IOS?

Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 19:19   #192
Senior - BHPian

You will need an Android device to accomplish this cheap. The obd for the iPhone and the app cost quite a bit more than the Android counterparts.
A good idea would be to borrow an Android tab and keep in the car for the time being..
Old 25th September 2015, 13:51   #193
BHPian

I am thinking of replacing bulbs inside projectors. I have no clue what power they are or what is the setup for low beam and high beam. Need suggestions on upgrade, is it just one bulb change or for both low and high?

Is it H4 or H7?

I have weak eyes and need high powered lights that dont trouble other drivers.

Should I go for HID and put in existing projectors or get night vision plus or osram. Kindly recommend.
Old 5th October 2015, 10:31   #194
BHPian

Gave my Skoda Rapid DSG for 1st General Check up last Tuesday (7000 Kms). Apart from fluid top-up there werent any major work done. And I wasnt charged any amount either since the fluids that were topped up were less than 1 litre. However, the SA told me that there was some software update done. In his words it was "23P7 CAMPAIGN DONE". This is also mentioned in the final invoice that was given to me.

Any idea what this campaign update is? Is it ECU software update and if so what is the version number? Does it do any improvements to transmission?
Old 5th October 2015, 11:01   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
However, the SA told me that there was some software update done. In his words it was "23P7 CAMPAIGN DONE". This is also mentioned in the final invoice that was given to me.

Any idea what this campaign update is? Is it ECU software update and if so what is the version number? Does it do any improvements to transmission?
Could it be a DSG Software Update? There is a talk of a DSG software update doing the rounds. I also got this info from the dealer (Details in below post)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3816821

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks