Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2015, 14:06   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Update - Got the 7500 kms free checkup completed at Jai Auto Delhi yesterday. The SA was courteous and wait time was 30 mins. He took note of few issues like creaking sound from the armrest and glove box. Checked on the ECU update however there was no information available. The car was returned the same day within promised time and no charges were levied.

Issues so far - The AC flow from rear vents is very low and hardly sufficient for rear seat passengers. SA told me that since it's just an extension of the front blower there was no improvement possible.

I have completed 2200kms in about 2 months. Checked the engine oil level and it is at the half mark on the dip stick. Should i be worried about it and get it topped up or should i wait till 7500jms check up?

Also what is the mileage that you are getting in city? Im getting a rather pathetic 12kmpl in city driving conditions in Bangalore where the car never crosses D4. My drive to office is on one of the congested route in Bangalore, indiranagar to ecospace(bellandur) via murugeshpalya. Is this poor mileage attributed to the low engine oil level?
Old 26th May 2015, 14:10   #167
BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruns_22 View Post
I am facing one big issue right now which is worrying me. I had taken the car to Bangalore yesterday and noticed that the alignment was slightly off and the car was pulling to the left. But this apart I was shocked to see steering vibration/shake at 80kmph + speeds.
Please get the wheel alignment done and these problems should go. Also check the tyre pressure.
rejeen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 18:38   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I have completed 2200kms in about 2 months. Checked the engine oil level and it is at the half mark on the dip stick. Should i be worried about it and get it topped up or should i wait till 7500jms check up?

Also what is the mileage that you are getting in city? Im getting a rather pathetic 12kmpl in city driving conditions in Bangalore where the car never crosses D4. My drive to office is on one of the congested route in Bangalore, indiranagar to ecospace(bellandur) via murugeshpalya. Is this poor mileage attributed to the low engine oil level?
Hi Kiran, my daily drive in Delhi includes a mix of highway and bumper to bumper and I get a mileage of about 14 to 15 kmpl on AC. 12 kmpl in Bangalore traffic looks reasonable to me. Also I believe you should refer your service station for an oil top up. You need not panic so much but do visit the service station.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 17:18   #169

Update on my car.
Car has been in the service centre for past 4 days. It took them so many days to figure out that the steering wheel vibraion and vehicle pulling left are due to wheel alignment issues and have supposedly fixed them. There was another issue with the wiper that it was shuddering when being used. Service guys came back today saying that windshield is faulty and needs to be replaced. Another itermittent problem was that that the A/C switch was going off automatically(Mine is a manual A/C and not climatronic).
I am really worried that I had been handed down a substandard vehicle.

The only saving grace is I am having a courtesy car given by the dealer yesterday but still it doesn't take away all the frustration i am facing because of the poor quality of the product.

Last edited by manson : 28th May 2015 at 17:29.
Old 28th May 2015, 18:50   #170
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing one big issue right now which is worrying me. I had taken the car to Bangalore yesterday and noticed that the alignment was slightly off and the car was pulling to the left. But this apart I was shocked to see steering vibration/shake at 80kmph + speeds. It is not continuous but keeps kicking in at intervals. I am thinking it could wheel related issue. Any pointers folks?
The steering wheel vibration is due to wheel balancing. I had the same problem with my brand new car and got it fixed by the dealer after a couple of trips. Ask the dealer to do a wheel balancing and everything should be fine.
Old 9th June 2015, 12:45   #171

Anybody having issues with the wiper in the rapid. Mine is still vibrating when used. The service guys are not able to figure out the issue and are saying that this a known issue in rapid.
I need feedback from current owners on this please.
Old 14th June 2015, 00:53   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody having issues with the wiper in the rapid. Mine is still vibrating when used. The service guys are not able to figure out the issue and are saying that this a known issue in rapid.
I need feedback from current owners on this please.
No there is no such issues with Rapid. Indeed the wiper operation is super smooth and silent. It usually happens when the rubber of the blade becomes hard. One of the reasons for this could be that your car was parked under direct Sun for prolonged periods (may be at dealer's yard before you took it home). This causes blade's rubber to get hardened, resulting in vibrations. Please get the blades change and it should be fine.
abhi_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 16:41   #173
BHPian

Hello people, I took delivery of my Rapid TDI DSG elegance plus a few days back.I have covered just about 250kms as of now.The car seems smooth getting thru gear changes, though now as smooth as my 3rd gen honda city V AT torque convertor.My rapid has been thru the thick of Bombay's bumper to bumper traffic in the last few days. Every time the car crawls/creeps forward, it feels like the gearbox jitters a little bit.

It also upshifts from D1 to D2 almost immediately with absolutely no increase in speed.(d1 shifts to d2 at about 2 to 3kmph). In both D1 and D2 the car creeps at about 5kmph.

i am wondering if its good for the gearbox to keep crawling/creeping in d1 d2 for very long extended periods in bad bumper to bumper traffic. Also has any one also experienced juddering while climbing over speed breakers and climbing slopes.

PS:- Strangely the Rapids Owners Manual has absolutely no information regarding the DSG other than regular info on the gear lever operation which could also be for the regular torque converter gearbox (1.6MPi AT), no driving instructions etc for the DSG. Even more strange is that there is not even a mention of the DSG in the end glossary, let alone any other specific information.
Old 9th August 2015, 11:36   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Cheap is the word! But why? When the Fabia, Octavia, Laura, Yeti and Superb all get a neat transparent plastic flap tucked between the windshield and the A-pillar on the driver side, why not use the same part?

Attachment 1299278

That said, kudos to Skoda for providing cruise control on the facelift. That and the halogen projectors gives it an edge over the facelifted Vento.

Great review Anshuman.
The plastic card/receipt holder could have been designed to hold RFID Cards for tolls and boom barriers. PLus, manufacturer convenience of switching sides from LHD to RHD.
Old 17th August 2015, 08:20   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxax View Post
I'm happy to announce the end of my search for a second car that can help us start touring India by road all over again. We've booked the Skoda Rapid 1.5 Elegance Plus AT in toffee brown.
This is the first car I'm buying with automatic transmission and I plan on going to other garages than just relying on Gurudev Motors for spares and service.

Do I really need to buy the Skoda Shield (Extended Warranty for 3rd and 4th year)? I am planning to drive at least 48,000 km in the first two years.

Will the standard 2 year unlimited kilometer warranty not suffice?
Old 17th August 2015, 10:29   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxax View Post
This is the first car I'm buying with automatic transmission and I plan on going to other garages than just relying on Gurudev Motors for spares and service.

Do I really need to buy the Skoda Shield (Extended Warranty for 3rd and 4th year)? I am planning to drive at least 48,000 km in the first two years.

Will the standard 2 year unlimited kilometer warranty not suffice?
The Dq200 has got a history of reliability issues.
German cars are about drivability and driver experience and not on reliability.

I believe that general mechanics go about fixing problems by random RnD rather than training. Once a car goes to other garages it will keep visiting garages for some problem or the other as was the case with my skoda Octavia mk1 AT, so much so that I sold the skoda and bought a Honda AT.
I would highly recommend the shield just for the peace of mind.
abhijitnallani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 13:25   #177
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Planning to book the Elegance plus DSG TDI in a day or two.
Any points to check??
And what is the best deal i should get from the dealer? Right now he is only offering a 30,000 discount on the ex-showroom price and nothing else. Is that good enough for a car so old?
Old 17th August 2015, 18:25   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
The Dq200 has got a history of reliability issues. German cars are about drivability and driver experience and not on reliability.Once a car goes to other garages it will keep visiting garages for some problem or the other as was the case with my skoda Octavia mk1 AT, so much so that I sold the skoda and bought a Honda AT.
All that said, am curious to know. Why did you buy a Rapid DSG? Given that you've had first hand experience with Skoda's service and DQ200 history.
Old 17th August 2015, 18:34   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
All that said, am curious to know. Why did you buy a Rapid DSG? Given that you've had first hand experience with Skoda's service and DQ200 history.
Because if you want a fun car with the convenience of an automatic - that's the only option.
In some cases, its the only option if you want a fun car!

Had an ok-ok experience with our old Octy, but still ended up with the Laura which gives me enough stress every time its due for a workshop visit, and if Skoda launches the Polo GTi and Superb with good pricing, it'll be the only option in the respective segments for us fun-loving enthusiasts.
Old 18th August 2015, 21:33   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
haha.. my wife asked me the same question

My Honda Ivtec 3rd gen AT was absolutely flawless. Just fill petrol, start the car and drive it. It had some kinda knocking sound after about 30k kms thru the steering when driving over bad roads at speed which was attributed to the steering rack, which got changed under warranty. The honda steering rack costed around 70k which was absolutely free under extended warranty,but other than that nothing absolutely, no issues. Zero.

BUT, the music system package sucks,Being a musician myself i know what thin undampened metal does to music. the sheet metal and window glass is extremely thin and you can hear the conversation from the passengers in the Rickshaw next to you with your aircon running and your windows rolled up.

The Illumination inside euro cars is spot on.Driving dynamics and suspension is whole another story.
The New Honda City is build to such cost cutting targets that its far worse than my 3rd gen city.

I don't plan to keep my car beyond 5yrs anyway, hence wanted 4 years of peaceful driving experience.
abhijitnallani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks