Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2017, 10:07   #796
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
[OFFTOPIC: anyone have tried GoodYears? am getting it for around 5.5K per piece from Amazon, wanted to go for Michelin, but its 9K].
You've really sobered up your driving style. Great to know this clutch is lasting.

I've only used MRF Wanderer Sport, Apollo Aptera HL and Michelin Primacy SUV (all on road versions). Out of the three I would rate the Michelins the best in terms of on road performance and quietness (comparitively).
Old 26th December 2017, 12:15   #797
BHPian

Got the Duster AWD clutch replaced at 39000 km at a cost of Rs 18670; no warranty for wear and tear items like the clutch. Also got the 40K service done at a cost of Rs 9642. I did not do the wheel alignment and balancing at the ASS. Later got it done at an MRF outlet and found that the steel threads on two of the tyres were exposed. Got three new MRF wanderer tyres replaced at a cost of Rs 20400. The spare was only used once, so it became the fourth tyre.

Now the Duster AWD is a beauty to drive, and performed flawlessly on the Sunday drive of over 250 km.

Will be driving to Ernakulam today and onwards to Horsely Hills, AP this week. Hope the vehicle holds up and allows us a nice holiday.
Old 28th December 2017, 18:16   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
You've really sobered up your driving style. Great to know this clutch is lasting.
Not sobered up...but learnt to leave the clutch alone like 95% of the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I've only used MRF Wanderer Sport, Apollo Aptera HL and Michelin Primacy SUV (all on road versions). Out of the three I would rate the Michelins the best in terms of on road performance and quietness (comparitively).
Thats my preference as well. Will go for the Primacy over this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Got the Duster AWD clutch replaced at 39000 km at a cost of Rs 18670; no warranty for wear and tear items like the clutch. Also got the 40K service done at a cost of Rs 9642. I did not do the wheel alignment and balancing at the ASS. Later got it done at an MRF outlet and found that the steel threads on two of the tyres were exposed. Got three new MRF wanderer tyres replaced at a cost of Rs 20400. The spare was only used once, so it became the fourth tyre.
My tires are still good for another 5K Kms, lasted like 75K Kms...Don't you think it was too early to replace the tires? was it an uneven wear? if only two tyres had the problem?
Quote:
Will be driving to Ernakulam today and onwards to Horsely Hills, AP this week. Hope the vehicle holds up and allows us a nice holiday.
all the best and hope you have a peaceful drive.
Old 29th December 2017, 07:40   #799
BHPian

Quote:

Thats my preference as well. Will go for the Primacy over this weekend.
Is it available in stock size? Did you also check Conti?
Do post your review Primacy SUV. My wanderes are touching 40k. Should last for another 10k.
Old 1st January 2018, 12:33   #800
BHPian

Quote:

My tires are still good for another 5K Kms, lasted like 75K Kms...Don't you think it was too early to replace the tires? was it an uneven wear? if only two tyres had the problem?
all the best and hope you have a peaceful drive.
Lucky you, the roads in Kerala wear out the tyres much faster. The MRF dealer said it could have lasted till 50K, but the front right tyre has camber outside the limits. This has to be adjusted by Renault.

The Horsely hills trip of over 1700 km total, turned out to be really good with the Duster performing beautifully, just the way all the owners expect the AWD to behave. It was sheer driving pleasure over village roads, two laned ones and hitting 150kmph on the NH7. Acceleration on tap even in 6th gear for easy overtaking and the luxurious suspension providing a cushioned ride over the really bad roads. Just wish it would be this good all the time.
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:57   #801
BHPian

The last few posts were of bad views on the duster and about its reliability. Let me add something here to cheer you guys up. For a long time I have been itching to take my Duster 4wd for an off road trips. I got much more than what I asked for last week when I took it to vagamon(kerala) for an offroad.

For those who are aware of this "jeep only territory" as per the locals, I successfully did the vagamon-ullupini medows- upto ulupinni caves. The duster did it beautifully. I got almost 10-15 "this CAR wont go there" comments all through the trip.

Attaching the youtube links here.

The glare on the dash cam is a spoiler. sorry for that. Please excuse the dates on the video. My dash cam was running on a wrong setting.

Last edited by nettooran : 2nd January 2018 at 23:59.
nettooran is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 23:48   #802
BHPian

Renault Duster price has been increased by Rs. 8599 - Rs. 13,799. Attaching the updated ex-showroom price list for Calicut below.

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-duster_jan-2018.jpg
knightrider_7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 07:22   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
For those who are aware of this "jeep only territory" as per the locals, I successfully did the vagamon-ullupini medows- upto ulupinni caves. The duster did it beautifully. I got almost 10-15 "this CAR wont go there" comments all through the trip.
Superb body control is so evident in your videos, thank you for posting. The AWD Duster just glides regally over non-existent trails to the point where one gets alarmed at the lurching seen in the preceding vehicle. Amazing!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 08:13   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
The last few posts were of bad views on the duster and about its reliability. Let me add something here to cheer you guys up. For a long time I have been itching to take my Duster 4wd for an off road trips. I got much more than what I asked for last week when I took it to vagamon(kerala) for an offroad.
I did the same route too. The car did it effortlessly without slipping the clutch. Did the Vandiperiyar-Sathram route,Thollayiram estate and Aranamala routes in Wayanad and unlike my Thar you don't get tossed around.
A member did the Munnar-Kollukumalai route too if I remember correctly but wouldn't recommend that route on a Duster.
I had replaced one injector under warranty. Please be careful of bad fuel stations guys. Have been filling from Reliance ever since.
tomraven99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 15:51   #805
BHPian

I drove the Duster AWD to Kolukkumalai and though the 7km drive was very challenging, the vehicle performed beautifully. Here are a couple of photos showing the road conditions.Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-20161029_113813.jpg

Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-20161029_120847.jpg
SajiNSalin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 20:32   #806
BHPian

Quote:
I drove the Duster AWD to Kolukkumalai and though the 7km drive was very challenging, the vehicle performed beautifully. Here are a couple of photos showing the road conditions.Attachment 1714010

Attachment 1714011

Great!!. I had gone there in the second week of December, but the road to Suryanelli was blocked. Did not have the time to go the alternative route. hope to do it some other day.

When did you attempt it? I heard they dont allow private cars now. Is it true?
Old 9th January 2018, 09:19   #807
BHPian

I had gone to Kolukkumalai in late October 2016. Since I had booked accommodation in Kolukkumalai estate, I was allowed to drive up. It is a private road through Harrison Malayalam estate, and they allow private vehicles only if you are staying overnight. The road is very bad and takes more than one hour to travel 7 km. Trekking up to the estate will take more or less the same time.
SajiNSalin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 06:09   #808
BHPian

Finally changed the shoes to Yokohoma Geolander HT of stock size as it felt better than Michelin Primacy LC. Michelin was a tad softer IMO and it was not to my personal liking. Did about 120 KMS after changing the tyres and I must say it's 32K very well spent.
Changed the Battery as well as it was beyond recharge and have caved in, I have a SUB, Amp and extra lights connected to the Battery and my SA said that's the reason for disintegration early and he quoted 9K for replacing with another Exide. Changed it to Amaron of higher capacity for 6.5K from the same tyre shop. After a very long time it feels good to drive Duster again. Aux Lights upgrade is pending unable to decide between roof mounted lights and clip on Hellas on the grill. Currently leaning towards roof mounted lights...
Old 8th February 2018, 16:51   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Duster AWD clutch replaced at 39000 km at a cost of Rs 18670;
Really surprised to see this. My duster AWD is reaching 70k kms sson and has minimal signs of weak clutch. still on the first set of clutch! Have seen lot of duster owners saying service people suggesting replacement of clutch?

Do not understand how it can fail this early. Can everybody else let me know at what point they have replaced their clutch on AWD?
Old 9th February 2018, 11:13   #810
BHPian

Completed the 40k service yesterday at Renault Mysuru. Total bill was Rs13100 including Brake pad change which was Rs3800. Battery is functional and Tyres will probably last another 10k.
SA advised to change the suspension components during 50k service. That will be approx 20k and outside extended warranty.

Our Dusty AWD has completed 2.5 yrs and it has been a fuss free experience so far. Only two niggles faced throughout the ownership:
- MediaNAV malfunction the day after the delivery
- Fuel indicator malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiran77 View Post
Do not understand how it can fail this early. Can everybody else let me know at what point they have replaced their clutch on AWD?
Luckily no issues with the clutch so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks