Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2020, 15:16   #1051
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster AWD : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Seems like an injector failure to me!
The same lights were on, when the the injectors gave up in my Duster. Plus the symptoms were same too. Engine sounded coarse and it was jerky.

Sharing the pic-
Attachment 2044810
Agreed - either an injector or fuel pump, considering the kms run. I had the same symptoms for fuel pump failure. If you are lucky, it might self heal if the debris is cleared automatically (happened with @PapaBravo).
GhostRider28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 23:26   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
Agreed - either an injector or fuel pump, considering the kms run. I had the same symptoms for fuel pump failure. If you are lucky, it might self heal if the debris is cleared automatically (happened with @PapaBravo).
It could also be a leak in the intercooler hose. I got these warning lights and had to change the intercooler hose which costed Rs. 16,800 at the Service Centre.
nazeer_ahamed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 13:14   #1053
BHPian

Quick questions for AWD folks:

Question 1:
Does the Renault AWD have the same shock absorber part numbers as the 2WD versions?
A friend's 2015 Duster AWD needs a suspension replacement or upgrade and he's looking to get this done in the aftermarket rather than in the showroom.

The car's only done about 40k km but spirited driving in ghat sections and not slowing down too much for speed breakers on highway runs has sort of eroded the magical ride quality.

What are the upgrade options (and costs please) available? Are OE suspension parts readily available in the aftermarket?

Question 2:

When does the differential oil for the AWD need replacement? Apparently the showroom technicians shrugged off the need to replace the oil and said they had 'never done it' and therefore it isn't required!

Thanks in advance.
airfoil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 11:50   #1054
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
Quick questions for AWD folks:

Question 1:
The car's only done about 40k km but spirited driving in ghat sections and not slowing down too much for speed breakers on highway runs has sort of eroded the magical ride quality.

What are the upgrade options (and costs please) available? Are OE suspension parts readily available in the aftermarket?

Question 2:

When does the differential oil for the AWD need replacement? Apparently the showroom technicians shrugged off the need to replace the oil and said they had 'never done it' and therefore it isn't required!
I guess the tyres, at the nd of their life, are the main culprit here. Change them before going for new shocks.

Try for replacement shocks under warranty if they are leaking. Suspension leaks are covered in warranty till 40K km and then after that based on goodwill with your service center.

I would never fit aftermarket shocks on the AWD even though I have gone that route for the 2WD. Reasons:
  1. From what I have heard only the front shocks are identical to 2WD, and can be sourced from outside, making me not save much.
  2. Spares via Renault are guaranteed for 20K km or 6 months after installation. Since AWD shocks have a known premature leaking issue, I would rather have some sort of warranty than none.
  3. Its not just the shocks, there are bump stops, rubber bushes and the 4-wheel alignment also to be done after replacement. I would have some peace of mind by getting the job done through ASC which has the facility and the know-how to do these jobs by default rather than skip on them to save money.
  4. I know that the AWD is a special car and like to keep it well maintained even if I spend a bit more.
For the differential oil change, get it done mandatory at a 20K interval. The oil just costs 800 odd bucks whereas the differential costs 1.27 Lac.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 10:51   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

For the differential oil change, get it done mandatory at a 20K interval. The oil just costs 800 odd bucks whereas the differential costs 1.27 Lac.
Thanks Tgo. Planning to get the differential oil change from FNG. Which grade of oil to purchase from open market? Any pointers.
Also, do we know whether Indian AWD duster has Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)? Planning to go for fully synthetic engine oil. Amsoil signature 5w30. The oil grade changes based on DPF. The euro spec Duster has DPF fitted.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 15:14   #1056
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Which grade of oil to purchase from open market? Any pointers.

Also, do we know whether Indian AWD duster has Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)?
Renault Duster AWD : Official Review-oil.jpg

First one was elf (renault branded) while the other one was a generic Castrol bottle. Both times it was done at the ASC, hence I think it was the correct grade. Gou can use either.

The AWD in India doesn't have a DPF.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 20:03   #1057
BHPian

My Duster AWD went for the 70K service even though it had completed only 67595km. I had serviced it a year back, so to maintain the extended warranty I had to give it for service. During the lockdown the vehicle was not used for over 3 months and when I started it, it turned on at the first instance, but the handbrake had jammed and there was a loud sound indicating the rear brake liner had stuck on the drum. Anyway, I drove it and a couple of weeks back, the handbrake failed and it seemed the rear brakes too. This happened out of town, so I drove slowly back to Trivandrum using downshifting the gears as much as possible and returned without any incident.

Called up Renault Trivandrum and they sent a driver to collect the vehicle. They discovered that another fuel injector had failed ( third one so far) as well as the radiator fan. Both are covered in the 5th year warranty. I asked them to change the differential oil also, which they did. This is the first time I changed the differential oil.

They have alerted me to an issue with the steering, though I did not feel anything out of place. I have to replace a couple of tyres and after that they said they will look at the steering again. This seems to be in warranty.

Went for a 200 km nonstop drive today, and the the vehicle handled beautifully.

Total cost of service, rear brake shoe replacement and differential oil Rs 20,178.
SajiNSalin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 23:11   #1058
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
I have to replace a couple of tyres and after that they said they will look at the steering again. This seems to be in warranty.
My AWD had the big warranty repairs pile-up exactly at the same odo reading as yours. AC direction control, differential, turbo and the indicator stalk. From 68k to 99k all these things were replaced. Just keep an eye on everything out of place and get it replaced even if it means dropping the vehicle off for a week.

Get 4 tyres replaced as a set.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 18:15   #1059
Distinguished - BHPian

Few video's from an off-roading event, where I was behind the wheel. Duster AWD's performance was impressive!

A detailed report on the OTR-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...ml#post4901206 (Pics & report : Offroading with Kolkata Offroaders)

Last edited by Samba : 8th October 2020 at 18:16.
Samba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 18:26   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

First one was elf (renault branded) while the other one was a generic Castrol bottle. Both times it was done at the ASC, hence I think it was the correct grade. Gou can use either.

The AWD in India doesn't have a DPF.
Thanks Tgo. Elf is not available locally. Have ordered Liqui Moly 75w90 GL4+ from Amazon along with Amsoil 5w30 for the engine.
Old 11th October 2020, 18:54   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tgo. Elf is not available locally. Have ordered Liqui Moly 75w90 GL4+ from Amazon along with Amsoil 5w30 for the engine.
But you are changing the viscosity from 75w80 to 75W90 wouldnt that cause any issue?

I am in the same boat as you with regards to sourcing the right grade. Since its gear oil I did not want to mess with it.
Old 11th October 2020, 19:08   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
But you are changing the viscosity from 75w80 to 75W90 wouldnt that cause any issue?

I am in the same boat as you with regards to sourcing the right grade. Since its gear oil I did not want to mess with it.
Have looked through multiple Dacia and Nissan X-trail forums/pages. All are recommending 75w90/80w90 gear oils. Even the pic shared by Tgo above has Elf universal 80w90 listed.

Here is a Russian webpage with detailed info along with video of oil change. The webpage has other videos related to Duster service.

https://bugulma-lada.ru/en/remont-i-...koe-maslo.html
Old 11th October 2020, 19:50   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Have looked through multiple Dacia and Nissan X-trail forums/pages. All are recommending 75w90/80w90 gear oils. Even the pic shared by Tgo above has Elf universal 80w90 listed.

Here is a Russian webpage with detailed info along with video of oil change. The webpage has other videos related to Duster service.

https://bugulma-lada.ru/en/remont-i-...koe-maslo.html
Thanks super informative link.

Quote:
The viscosity class of the native 75W-80 API GL-4, in the absence of such a viscosity class, the products 75W-85 API GL-4 and 75W-90 API GL-4 can be considered
They mention GL4 and not GL4+, would it cause any issues/additional wear & tear due to extra additives.

Anyways keep the updated after you change and let us know how it goes.

From TGO post, this is what i could make out.

75w80 -> gear oil
80w90 -> differential oil ( for awd)

Not sure if they can be interused.

Are you changing only differential or both?

Last edited by SideView : 11th October 2020 at 20:13. Reason: Adding info
Old 11th October 2020, 21:49   #1064
BHPian

Quote:

They mention GL4 and not GL4+, would it cause any issues/additional wear & tear due to extra additives.
That was for the gearbox. For rear differential its 75w90 GL5 or GL4/5. Check the Liqui Moly 75w90 review on Amazon. The GL5 is not suitable for gearbox.

Quote:
From TGO post, this is what i could make out.

75w80 -> gear oil
80w90 -> differential oil ( for awd)

Not sure if they can be interused.

Are you changing only differential or both?
Planning to change only differential oil.
Old 22nd October 2020, 20:44   #1065
BHPian

Past the 70K service, a few 250km weekend outings and the last of the diesel injectors failed. Duster AWD back with Renault Trivandrum for replacement of the injector and steering problems. Gosh, can't take this vehicle out for even a short drive without ending up with some problem or other. Got to wait a week before they source the injectors from the company and complete the replacement. Seriously thinking for a replacement vehicle which has better reliability!
SajiNSalin is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks