Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 13:52   #586
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You are welcome..!!

That is easy. For one, the service history of the vehicle should reveal any accident repair as should the insurance NCB.......Get the vehicle thoroughly checked at an M&M service centre or an trusted independent garage and you should be set to take a decision.
Devdath sir - just one question. How does one go about checking the service history? In the US, there is the carfax service wherein one can check a car's history. Is there an equivalent service here? If I go to M & M's dealership for the same, how can I expect them to help me with this info when it is not in their interest to do so? After all, I am not buying from them.
Old 27th April 2016, 10:24   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
Got delivery of my Black S10 4WD on Friday, 8-April-2016. Next day itself went to Guruvayur temple with family. It was a 500 Km drive.
Congrats on your new buy. Wishing you lots of happy miles.
How is the ride comfort in the new Scorpio.
Do we have the boat ride feeling and body roll ?
Did you get any freebies or discount on the purchase?

We have very less number of ownership report about the new Scorpio, hardly 2 or 3.

Last edited by deemash : 27th April 2016 at 10:26.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:15   #588
Senior - BHPian

Recently I hired a Zoomcar S4 Scorpio for an outstation trip with 6 adults and a child on board. This kind of served as an extended test drive opportunity over 750 kms in 3 days. Following were the observations.
1. Engine, as mentioned time and again, is a very responsive one, awesome to drive on the highways. This vehicle can munch miles for sure and without any fuss.
2. As correctly mentioned by many before, the vehicle begs for a 6th gear, on the highways.
3. The gear console area simply doesn't 've any space to keep even a small bottle or a sunglass or small things. How on earth this design got approved is a mystery! A vehicle which is supposed to run for hours on long trips, should have had at least some storage provision for these kind of things.
4. Tailgate rattle was evident on the uneven roads, might be a normal characteristic of Scorpio as reported by few.
5. Ride quality on good roads is ok and vastly improved from the previous generation, however on the bad roads it is still not that satisfactory.
6. ABS is an absolute must for such a vehicle. Under a slight unplanned braking situation, things are not very confidence inspiring at moderate or higher speed (I never went beyond 90-95 except some small empty stretches where touched 100 for couple of minutes, within city it was below 60 all throughout) That 'nose-dive' thing is still present to some extent.
7. AC for the 2nd row in peak summer (40+) is ok only when the fan speed is at 3. A roof mounted unit might ve been better probably.
8. As reported in the official review itself, door plastic latches are of very bad quality and require very tender handling.

There were few other things like vehicle constantly pulling towards right and bit more of rattle but those might be due to rough handling of a rented vehicle as people mostly tend to abuse the rented SUVs.
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 09:34   #589
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Devdath sir - just one question. How does one go about checking the service history?
M&M is amongst those Cos in India which has a centralised repository for all its vehicles serviced across any ASC across the country. Also, even though you are not buying the vehicle from them, they are usually helpful in letting you know the history.

However, if the vehicle has been repaired or serviced outside, M&M will not have a record of it and hence, neither will you.

In case you are still not able to get the service history, let me know and I will get it for you.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 14:25   #590
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply. I was too busy with office and some travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Congrats on your new buy. Wishing you lots of happy miles.
Thanks
Quote:
How is the ride comfort in the new Scorpio.
Do we have the boat ride feeling and body roll ?
In good roads ride comfort is nice. But in slightly undulated roads the ride becomes bumpy. Body roll is very well controlled compared to the old model, but it still exists. One need to understand that he/she is driving a tall ladder frame SUV and drive accordingly. Last week I drove from Trivandrum to Chennai and back. The drive was nice. My wife and kid was with me in this trip. They enjoyed the drive and there were no complaints from them. This vehicle is a very good highway cruiser. One weakness I noticed is its brakes.
Quote:
Did you get any freebies or discount on the purchase?
No freebies. Mud flap and floor mats were there with the car. I didn't buy any accessories also. I got delivery in April. That time M&M was giving the price increase after budget as the monthly cash discount. So there was no other discounts.
Quote:
We have very less number of ownership report about the new Scorpio, hardly 2 or 3.
I am planning to start an ownership thread. But right now I am not getting enough time to take photographs and compile one report. It will be done in this month itself.
lal79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 13:10   #591
BHPian

Small update on my Scorpio S10, 4WD. Finished my second service which includes manual transmission and differential oil (front and rear) changes. The car is performing absolutely fine with no niggles. I did Gurudongmar Lake, Sikkim in march where the scorpio did encounter real bad roads. With very less luggage and only two adults and a child, the car does bounce around a lot though.

Added a Rigid Led 10 inch bar, infact was lucky enough to incorporate it into the car itself and not fit it from outside spoiling the good looks Wish to come up with an ownership thread soon.
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpio-led-cover.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorpio-led.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-scorp-led-2.jpg

Last edited by himadrimondal : 13th May 2016 at 13:13.
himadrimondal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 17:08   #592
BHPian

I am planning to buy a Scorpio S4+ 4wd in June or July 2016. I will book the car once I sell off my 2.5 years old Honda Brio. Would have loved to get hold of a S10 variant, but my budget would not permit me.
Old 15th May 2016, 14:36   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
I am planning to buy a Scorpio S4+ 4wd in June or July 2016. I will book the car once I sell off my 2.5 years old Honda Brio. Would have loved to get hold of a S10 variant, but my budget would not permit me.
Have you asked the Mahindra dealership itself for a quote? I got the best deal (including exchange bonus) from the dealership.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 08:50   #594
BHPian

I am facing a very strange issue. Last Friday evening we had some guests over and took them for a ride in my Scorpio. All the seats were occupied (I have the 7 seater middle bench seat variant) The seat behind the driver started squeaking terribly even on smooth road and low speeds.
Saturday morning I had my wife sit in that seat and we took a small ride - and the same issue. The seat was squeaking very bad.
Sunday morning I went solo for some work and now the seat was squeaking when over rough roads or speed bumps.
On Monday I decided to take my car to SVC after office. The entire day Monday the car was in blazing hot sun as we don't have covered parking. So I take the car to the SVC in the evening and there is no squeaking at all!
First their engineer sat in the seat and then we had 4 more guys crammed in the middle row but no squeaking. We also drove on rough roads and still no squeaking. I ended up looking like a complete idiot
Anyway today morning its back

The squeaking sound seems like its coming from the seat springs. My diagnosis is that the extreme heat on Monday caused the springs to expand a bit and stop the sound. On cooling down it started back.
I am planning to take it back to SVC when cold.
Meanwhile anyone has faced this problem? What was the solution?
Old 18th May 2016, 12:20   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Have you asked the Mahindra dealership itself for a quote? I got the best deal (including exchange bonus) from the dealership.
Yes timuseravan, I have asked the dealer about price and possible discounts he can offer. But the mere difference in ex-showroom price of S4+ and S10 variants is out of my budget.

So, I have to stick with a S4+ 4wd variant. I am trying to console myself by saying that 'lesser the electronic stuffs, lesser are the niggles".

Regards

Saubhik
Old 18th May 2016, 12:31   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Added a Rigid Led 10 inch bar, infact was lucky enough to incorporate it into the car itself and not fit it from outside spoiling the good looks Wish to come up with an ownership thread soon.
Attachment 1506819
Looks good!

Hope the "blocked area" by the LED won't affect the ram airflow through the radiator core. For turbocharged, intercooled engine's, ram air flow does form a critical performance parameter.

Last edited by arjab : 18th May 2016 at 12:32.
Old 16th June 2016, 20:58   #597
BHPian

Hello

As some of you may have know or read - I own two vehicles - an Ertiga and an Xcent. The reason of my post in the Scorpio thread is a short report on a cross country drive (the second one) by a Scorpio, my elder brother owns and stays in Gurgaon. This Scorpio was is a 2015 model, I think bought sometime in summer last year.

In Nov 2016 my nephew wanted to attend a wedding in Kochi and he decided to come on a long drive from Gurgaon to Kochi to attend this wedding. I had already done the first leg of my drive from Bangalore to Udaipur to Jodhpur to Jaisalmer to Jaipur to Ranthambore (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...rth-india.html) and arrived in Gurgaon. After that my nephew wanted to come driving to Kochi So he came along in his Scorpio. The vehicle can be seen in post 27 of the TL mentioned above.

The route we took was a rather easy one

Gurgaon to Udaipur

Udaipur to Pune

Pune to Goa

Goa to Mangalore

(I had branched off to Bangalore from here) He continued in his Scorpio to Kochi

Mangalore to Kochi

Kochi to Bangalore

Bangalore to Hyderabad

Hyderabad to Nagpur

Nagpur to Jhansi

Jhansi to Agra and Gurgaon

This was back in Nov 2016.

I drove a short section but 99% drive was done by the nephew. This is a short summary of his feel.

Amazing vehicle, peppy engine, wonderful suspension, rock solid on bad road, abuse friendly construction and above all effective AC. Given his need for speed he really does not care about economy but says at tripple digit speeds it stays at 12 - 12.5.

Minor but not to forget shortcoming - the space in the middle bench is somewhat less.

In the entire journey just one issue and the vehicle reached back Gurgaon after 2 weeks as good as it started. The one issue was the right headlight had stopped working.

The same vehicle has arrived in Bangalore in June 2016 for another cross country drive through central India. This time driven by my brother. He has come to attend another wedding in Wellington. Its been a wonderful long distance highway vehicle.

I thought of sharing this information in this thread.

Happy to get any clarifications that anyone of you may want.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 21st June 2016, 07:53   #598
Team-BHP Support

How is rust treating your Scorpio's? This is how, it is treating mine. Link
Old 30th June 2016, 16:17   #599
Senior - BHPian

I guess we have not reached the month of November 2016 yet!
Old 19th July 2016, 07:17   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio to get mild hybrid system.

Mahindra’s 2.2-litre diesel engine Scorpio to get Maruti-like hybrid system; dubbed ‘Intelli-hybrid’
Quote:
The Intelli-hybrid system will apart from start-stop, come with brake energy recuperation, a larger capacity battery and an integrated starter motor which functions as both, an alternator that charges the battery and as a motor that will provide a mild electrical boost to the engine in certain driving situations. However, the system will not be a full hybrid – it will not be capable of all-electric running.

Interestingly, the new system will only be introduced on the 2.2-litre diesel engine and not its 1.99-litre Delhi-NCR specific derivative as Mahindra had begun work on this system with the 2.2 unit well before the downsized engine came into the mainstream thanks to the Delhi diesel ban. Expect more Mahindra models to come equipped with this tech in future.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th July 2016 at 07:19.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks