Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2017, 00:16   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I am using two 6x9 wooden boxes , not a tray. Original tray is removed. Was a bit skeptical if the engine sound inside the cabin will go up if i remove the tray, but not really. I use the fader in R-2 setting and that gives a balanced sound.
After driving a week more, I realize that there is actually a lot more sound coming into the passenger compartment without the parcel tray, and hence the tray is back and 6x9 boxes are out.

Whenever I open the front driver door after unlocking the car, I hear some sound coming from engine bay which is similar to a fuel pump sound. It goes away after couple of seconds. Couldn't find any references to this sound in manual booklet. Any idea what is that sound?

Bosch symphony speakers are yet to be delivered, Paytm is taking a long time to deliver it.
Old 28th January 2017, 16:28   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
After driving a week more, I realize that there is actually a lot more sound coming into the passenger compartment without the parcel tray, and hence the tray is back and 6x9 boxes are out.

Whenever I open the front driver door after unlocking the car, I hear some sound coming from engine bay which is similar to a fuel pump sound. It goes away after couple of seconds. Couldn't find any references to this sound in manual booklet. Any idea what is that sound?

Bosch symphony speakers are yet to be delivered, Paytm is taking a long time to deliver it.
Is your's an XTA? If yes, then I also experience that sound when I unlock the car and then open the driver door. I enquired the same with TASS and they told me that it is some kind of initialization which happens. I am assuming that this is initialization of the AMT unit and the driver door acts as a sensor for the same.

Hence, this is only limited to XTA models as per them and there is nothing wrong with this.

Cheers!

Last edited by iabhishekkumar : 28th January 2017 at 16:49. Reason: Changed/Edited the reply
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 23:02   #1173
BHPian

I am mighty impressed with my XTA after having driven it for 1300 kms since delivery. Makes driving a lot more easier in Bangalore traffic. It is my daily drive now; very happy with the decision to buy this car. Posting a few pics of my small wonder (sorry about the low clarity). Will be taking the car for its first free service this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20170128_223705.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20170128_223632.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20170128_223559.jpg  

KVNair is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 23:52   #1174
BHPian

Okay after 18 months with this wonder wanted to give it some fresh look. With the new 3M store opening here got the roof and mirrors wrapped in silver. For the bumpers tried to remove that smiling look by using matt black around the number plate.
Attached Images

damodar is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 20:07   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Is your's an XTA? If yes, then I also experience that sound when I unlock the car and then open the driver door. I enquired the same with TASS and they told me that it is some kind of initialization which happens. I am assuming that this is initialization of the AMT unit and the driver door acts as a sensor for the same.

Hence, this is only limited to XTA models as per them and there is nothing wrong with this.

Cheers!
there was a similar sound in CELERIO AMT aswell.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 20:21   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
I had the same query regarding our Wagon R AMT and the answer I got from the Wagon R AMT thread was the same as above. It's the AMT system hydraulics priming itself for use. It's perfectly normal.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 15:00   #1177
BHPian

Which one would be better choice? Tata Nano AMT or Renault Kwid AMT??
Old 30th January 2017, 15:34   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Okay after 18 months with this wonder wanted to give it some fresh look. With the new 3M store opening here got the roof and mirrors wrapped in silver. For the bumpers tried to remove that smiling look by using matt black around the number plate.
Nice. Looks spanking new! like its just come out of the showroom. The pet of a true enthusiast.
Old 30th January 2017, 19:54   #1179
Sac
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
there was a similar sound in CELERIO AMT aswell.
It is the sound of the hydraulic pump priming, which drives the actuators in the AMT. Since it takes a few seconds to prime it starts as soon as you open the driver door so that its ready by the time you put the ignition on.
Sac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 08:56   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Here are my views
Points in favor of the Nano:
  • Huge interior space and best AC in the segment
  • Availability of Manual/Sport Modes on the AMT must need for overtaking
  • Creep mode for stop and go traffic

Points in favor of the Kwid:
  • More powerful engine
  • More traditional looks
  • More luggage space

I have had the Nano XTA ("Sylvie") for a year now (covered 4800 Km) and totally love it. Worth the money and more. Wife has started driving classes with it and is getting comfortable with it as well. The low power has not bothered me in stop and go traffic and since I bought this as purely a city car for crowded streets it has met and fulfilled its purpose beautifully. It has managed 4 adults and 1 kid without any issues. Parking is really easy and can be done in little more than the space of 2 bikes. Really love the AC.

Personally I feel the lack of the creep and manual modes are deal breakers for me for the Kwid however your preference may vary. Test drive both and decide which one you like.
sjcherian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 12:05   #1181

I have been using my XTA for close to 4 months now and although I bought it primarily for my Wife and Dad it's been with me mostly and I have covered almost +5K Km by now.

Petrol car giving an average of 20 ( 90% of open traffic free road ) with chiller AC and comfort of Automatic I wonder why its still not a hit , probably TATA is not marketing it well just like the screw up while launching and branding it the cheapest car .

Wife is quite comfortable driving it and its compact dimensions allow her to be comfortable even in narrow lanes for daily errands.

Last edited by SDP : 31st January 2017 at 19:39. Reason: smiley URL removed
ToEachHisOwn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:52   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
My choice for the city would be nano AMT over the Kwid any day due to the following reasons:

1. No creep in Kwid - True convenience of automatic is not realized without creep in traffic.

2. No manual mode in Kwid - This will be a real problem while overtaking. If the box decides to upshift in the middle of overtaking, then that's inviting trouble. Same on down gradients. Without manual mode the box will keep upshifting and lose out on engine braking. At least having a sport mode would solve the overtaking problem a bit but still will not hold a gear on down gradients.

3. Compact dimensions with good interior space in nano - The small footprint is ideal and I have almost always been able to find a parking spot when needed. For city use, it can seat 4 adults in comfort.

But at the end of the day it depends on what each person wants in his car.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 06:54   #1183
BHPian

This is heart breaking news for all of us!!

www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/184309-tata-nano-indica-indigo-discontinued.html

I sold my Genx Nano XT last week only and upgraded to ALto K10 VXI AMT!! The nano was truly a total value for money car!! Never expected Tata to discontinue it so soon!!
Old 15th February 2017, 07:34   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
This is heart breaking news for all of us!!
Yes, I just completed 7500km in my XTA over last 6 months and was waiting to share my feed after 10k km. Now it is irrelevant.
Loved every minute driving it. Perfect city car.Sad.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 07:45   #1185
BHPian

I completed 15000kms in less than an year ! Had used it extensively for city and also highways!! Still I am in shock of this news!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks