Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 06:11   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
In my opinion, the purpose of a camera is not to help park the car, but to avoid accidents. The aid to parking is just a bonus.

The exhaust note is audible only to outsiders. The GenX sounds pretty much like any other petrol engine from inside most of the time I feel.
I agree about the usefulness of a camera for this, but my way is simpler: always walk around the car from behind before getting into the driver's seat. When I started driving in 1975, the risk was there as well but there were no camera aids.

I also agree about the last part except perhaps in the rare cases when one has to rev the engine to overtake/climb. But inside, with the windows up, the car is quiet enough to be a pleasant drive in the city.

On second thoughts, I do the walk around even with camera equipped cars, this is so important that I prefer to trust only my eyes for this check.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2016 at 09:37. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 28th July 2016, 14:04   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
On second thoughts, I do the walk around even with camera equipped cars, this is so important that I prefer to trust only my eyes for this check.
Also it helps to confirm the camera is still there!

The Nano does have a high waist line and it does make it difficult to view what is immediately behind.
Old 28th July 2016, 18:14   #1053
BHPian

I am thinking of changing my tyres in my Genx XT nano. They are running on stock tyres and its good. Any suggestions for brand, size and shops in Bangalore, preferably near Sarjapur Road or HSR?
Old 30th July 2016, 16:23   #1054
BHPian

Took delivery today. Changes all to bridgestone (including spare) paid Rs. 5,500 extra.

Drove back home and felt at home than during the test drive. Already could appreciate ease of parking and flick-ability in traffic.

A question - are there black alloys available in the market? Saw one with the dealer and he was quoting 16,000. One available with BM Lal was not black in color and the guy was confident that none is available in open market. If available, please let me know the price along with brand name.

Thanks.
tifosi.
Old 30th July 2016, 17:12   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I am thinking of changing my tyres in my Genx XT nano. They are running on stock tyres and its good. Any suggestions for brand, size and shops in Bangalore, preferably near Sarjapur Road or HSR?
Stick to stock sizes and MRF and you can't go wrong.
Other manufacturers may not have the correct size, especially the front one.

Stay away from Ceat, they are prone to punctures.
Old 31st July 2016, 06:02   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Took delivery today. Changes all to bridgestone (including spare) paid Rs. 5,500 extra.

Drove back home and felt at home than during the test drive. Already could appreciate ease of parking and flick-ability in traffic.

A question - are there black alloys available in the market? Saw one with the dealer and he was quoting 16,000. One available with BM Lal was not black in color and the guy was confident that none is available in open market. If available, please let me know the price along with brand name.

Thanks.
tifosi.
Good choice of tyres! BS B290 comes in stock sizes for nano and the pattern of the tread and sidewalls look hot as well.

It is better to get the alloys from the dealer as there are not many options available in the open market for nano. As far as I know Plati does have a model for nano. Also the specs for the TOP alloys match the stock steel rims so it is safer. For me the TOP alloys do seem stronger than the steel rims but no other advantage apart from the striking good looks. Here is what the Y shape black rims look like on mine. Black comes in the multi spoke variety too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3734340
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 20:39   #1057
BHPian

Quote:

A question - are there black alloys available in the market? Saw one with the dealer and he was quoting 16,000.
Congrats tifosikrishna on your new Nano, some pics will do justice to this perfect city car. The black alloys (multi-spoke) are around 15 to 17K at the dealers and when you are changing to alloys, pls ensure they fit the tyres back correctly as one of the BHPians had observed they had goofed up on the location.

Wishing you many happy miles with your new car
Old 2nd August 2016, 05:52   #1058

Quote:
Thanks.
tifosi.
We took delivery of our Nano GenX AMT last week. Got the all black alloys from dealer itself, which cost Rs 17000, including caps and all. Pretty costly. But i feel it looks really cute on our 'Sangria red' Nano and goes well with the black sun visors and black door pads. Apart from the improvement in looks and handling, I am thinking that the alloys will improve the air circulation for the engine in the back.
sebinz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:53   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebinz View Post
Quote:
It will be great if you can please share some images of your beloved cars. I am sure we all would love to see some shining cars
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:48   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebinz View Post
goes well with the black sun visors and black door pads.
Could you please post some pics?

I have booked a Red XTA and awaiting delivery. As accessories, I have chosen boot release and reverse camera with sensors. Any suggestions on useful accessories?
aajohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 20:23   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
^Mongol Rally :

Anyway critical examination aside, travelling 17,000km over ~35-45days is quite an adventure. I really hope they have a great drive & look forward to them opening a thread here soon!

Rgds,
Bhavin
Any news from your friend? Have they completed the trip? Most interested in hearing the details if they have.
Old 3rd August 2016, 04:48   #1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
It will be great if you can please share some images of your beloved cars. I am sure we all would love to see some shining cars
This photo was taken yesterday when parked near ground. By chance, an older Nano got parked next to it, enabling a comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-nano-photo-1.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-nano-photo-2.jpg  

sebinz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:46   #1063
BHPian

The LH ORVM cover of GenX Nano fell down somewhere and I did not notice. Please refer the photo. Service centre says the cover is not available as spare. The whole assembly is necessary to be purchased at a cost of Rs. 1200 in addition to painting cost around Rs.600. Is it justified? Can I get the cover outside? Or, can I get unpainted ORVM outside and use the cover simply in my car? Rs.1800 for a missing plastic cover!
Please help if you know anything. I am from Kolkata.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20160803_111700.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2016, 13:17   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post
The LH ORVM cover of GenX Nano fell down somewhere and I did not notice. Please refer the photo. Service centre says the cover is not available as spare. The whole assembly is necessary to be purchased at a cost of Rs. 1200 in addition to painting cost around Rs.600. Is it justified? Can I get the cover outside? Or, can I get unpainted ORVM outside and use the cover simply in my car? Rs.1800 for a missing plastic cover!
Please help if you know anything. I am from Kolkata.
I have the same issue and there is nothing I have been able to source.
Look forward to any inputs.
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:35   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have the same issue and there is nothing I have been able to source.
Look forward to any inputs.
Please refer the following link: http://www.partsbigboss.in/door-mirr...ar-vision.html

But I am not sure whether the cover can be fitted in GenX Nano. The description says Model year: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. But I don't think the same ORVM is being fitted since 2012.

Edit: I had a conversation (attached herewith) with them. They says YES. Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by basubhatta : 3rd August 2016 at 13:45. Reason: Addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks