Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:46   #1066
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebinz View Post
We took delivery of our Nano GenX AMT last week. Got the all black alloys from dealer itself, which cost Rs 17000, including caps and all. Pretty costly. But i feel it looks really cute on our 'Sangria red' Nano and goes well with the black sun visors and black door pads. Apart from the improvement in looks and handling, I am thinking that the alloys will improve the air circulation for the engine in the back.
Got black alloys fitted. 15K is the list price and they charged 14k since I opted to fit it outside. At BM Lal, gave the OE steel rims + wheel covers and got paid Rs. 800 after deducting for fitting charges.
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:10   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basubhatta View Post
.. Please help if you know anything. I am from Kolkata.
Dear basubhatta,

Here in Bangalore we have a place in Shivajinagar where we can get most, if not all, second/used vehicle parts.

I'm sure you will have similar places in your city too. You may be able to find it there for cheap.

All the Best.
T-Bone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 07:12   #1068
Senior - BHPian

In Kerala, there is a 60k straight cash offer for the Nano XTA. The final OTR comes to around 2.86L. They have branded it the Onam offer and there is no need for haggling.

The final amount includes the AMC pack of 3.5k as well. Quite a deal for people who been eyeing the Nano AMT I guess.

The make is 2016 and all colours are available.
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 07:38   #1069
Senior - BHPian

An OTR of less than 3 lakhs for a car with automatic and power steering is excellent value. At that price if Tata can't ramp up volumes even now, the entire sales team ought to be told to look for other jobs. The one thing that Tata does very poorly is hold its people accountable for results. Too much hangover from the licensing and protected market days.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 09:49   #1070
BHPian

60K off really is a sweet deal but in a place like Kerala with steep and in certain patches bad roads my personal experience has been that the manual Nano is a better fit. For flat city roads and bad traffic where you don't need to stop on or reverse up an incline the automatic is any day is a better choice.
Old 4th August 2016, 20:29   #1071

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
In Kerala, there is a 60k straight cash offer for the Nano XTA. The final OTR comes to around 2.86L. They have branded it the Onam offer and there is no need for haggling.

The final amount includes the AMC pack of 3.5k as well. Quite a deal for people who been eyeing the Nano AMT I guess.

The make is 2016 and all colours are available.
I am from Kerala and bought our Nano last week! We got the 2015 Nano with an offer of Rs 44000. We lost Rs 20000 and the new model in a gap of 1 week!
Similar thing had happened when we booked our Amaze in Dec 2013 when they said that the price will rise next year with the new budget. The price actually reduced! I guess these are some things in life that you just have to live with like the potholes on the road and keep driving...
sebinz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 13:17   #1072
BHPian

I have a weird question. Can we store mini luggage or items inside the bonnet? Has anyone tried it in the genx nano?
Old 15th August 2016, 13:22   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have a weird question. Can we store mini luggage or items inside the bonnet? Has anyone tried it in the genx nano?
That was the original idea - before the usable storage at the rear was created.

In the Nano, any items stored in the rear compartment may get warmed up a little due to the engine being right below the storage unit. Front space my actually be better.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 19:36   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
The bonnet compartment is not water protected nor does it have a full floor. To add to that the air conditioning and radiator fans are located uncovered there. Anything placed there will fall out through the floor. If it does not fall out it will get dirty due to water splash from the front wheels or it will get caught in the fan. Then there would be more to worry about. I think it is better to not try that out!
alphahere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 19:36   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Hi sairamboko,

I have a 2012 Nano. I did try to put in some small luggage but realized that, the spare Tyre needs to be either left back at home or find a different place in the car to place it, which is another pain.

The 2012 Nano has its A/C condenser+fan assembly right behind the front bumper. So even if you do manage to place any luggage in there, chances of luggage damaging the fan is high and if left unnoticed may mess up the entire A/C system.

And as "alphahere" has mentioned, dust/water will enter the bonnet compartment.

So, summary: Do not even think about it

Heat in the luggage compartment at the rear will not be a concern. I have traveled long distances with my laptop in the rear luggage compartment and also few food items. + point is that food remains warm throughout the journey
T-Bone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 20:19   #1076
Senior - BHPian

The 2013 onward cars have another thick rubber sheet placed at the rear to provide more insulation from heat as well as engine noise. It works quite well for both, though I wouldn't leave a shopping bag with ice cream inside it there.

Using the front space for carrying anything is out of the question.
Old 17th August 2016, 06:28   #1077
BHPian

Agree with what all of you have said!! I just had the weird thought and will never keep anything under bonnet
Old 31st August 2016, 15:15   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Sometime back I had made a visit to a Tata showroom and inspected the Nano too. The sales guy told me that central locking is present on the top model but only for the front two doors

Sorry forgot to clarify that. But how can central locking be present only for two? My understanding is that central locking means the ability to have all the doors locked simultaneously (4+1).

What am I missing here ?
Old 31st August 2016, 17:21   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Sometime back I had made a visit to a Tata showroom and inspected the Nano too. The sales guy told me that central locking is present on the top model but only for the front two doors

Sorry forgot to clarify that. But how can central locking be present only for two? My understanding is that central locking means the ability to have all the doors locked simultaneously (4+1).

What am I missing here ?
Central locking is there for all 4 doors but can only be activated from the drivers side manually (it does not auto lock). The remote also can be used to lock the doors when outside the vehicle (there is no security system). The rear hatch needs to be opened with the key and auto locks on slamming the hatch. This does not come under central lock/unlock.

Power windows are there only for the front two doors. Maybe this is the confusion of the sales person ?

Last edited by sjcherian : 31st August 2016 at 17:22. Reason: missed a point on hatch door
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 20:23   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Central locking is there for all 4 doors but can only be activated from the drivers side manually (it does not auto lock). The remote also can be used to lock the doors when outside the vehicle (there is no security system). The rear hatch needs to be opened with the key and auto locks on slamming the hatch. This does not come under central lock/unlock.

Power windows are there only for the front two doors. Maybe this is the confusion of the sales person ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

What am I missing here ?
The only statement that I disagree with is that there is no security system. A theft deterring alarm system is very much present and it is wired to the horn. It is an immobilizer that is missing in the nano. So even when the alarm keeps blaring, the car can be started and driven off. It even has a missed door lock indication where if any of the doors are not properly closed and the car is locked using the remote, the horn gives a short warning beep.
The rear hatch though not controlled by the remote in the standard car, can be modified to be opened using the remote by installing a unit available at TASS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks