Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:04   #1876
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Very difficult to believe, regardless of what the customer service guy says. In airbag equipped cars, seatbelts with pre-tensioners are made by the airbag supplier. The seatbelt will have a tag at the point where it is fixed to the floor. Example:

Attachment 1557858

Can petrol Jazz owners check and revert back?
Will definitely check this and update.
But yes, the reply I got wasn't from the dealer customer service.
It was from Honda India.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda_rep.png
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:20   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Very difficult to believe, regardless of what the customer service guy says. In airbag equipped cars, seatbelts with pre-tensioners are made by the airbag supplier. The seatbelt will have a tag at the point where it is fixed to the floor. Example:

Attachment 1557858

Can petrol Jazz owners check and revert back?
Well it does seem petrol customers are inferior for Honda.. This image is from my petrol V model.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20160923_15112301.jpeg
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:20   #1878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Well it does seem petrol customers are inferior for Honda.. This image is from my petrol V model.
Since it says 'Takata', it means Jazz petrol has seatbelts with pre-tensioners. As I suspected, customer service guys are misinformed.
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:22   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Since it says 'Takata', it means Jazz petrol has seatbelts with pre-tensioners. As I suspected, customer service guys are misinformed.
But unlike the image you posted, this does not have any marking saying "PRE" to indicate that it does have pretensioners?
Even the model numbers are different.
And Takata makes seat-belts as well. So I'm not sure we can just assume that they made this one with pretensioner.

Am I missing something here?!

Last edited by ashishk29 : 23rd September 2016 at 16:40. Reason: Added some detail.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:30   #1880
Team-BHP Support

Yikes! I guess this mystery will be solved only when Jazz diesel owners check the tag on their seatbelts.

Note: The pic I posted is from my Honda BR-V
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:40   #1881
BHPian

As per the email I received from Honda customer support, the diesel version on the Jazz has pre-tensioners only for the driver side. Its not present for the co-passengers side even in the diesel variant.
chandras1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 19:02   #1882
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But unlike the image you posted, this does not have any marking saying "PRE" to indicate that it does have pretensioners?
We'll know for sure if any of the diesel Jazz owners could take a pic and share for comparison.

From the above two pictures (One for BRV though), looks like PRE does indicate the tensioners.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 12:42   #1883
BHPian

I tried searching team-bhp for mention of Over-The-Counter sales of HONDA genuine spare parts, but couldn't find anything. Does HONDA really sell them or H*A*S*S is the only option for us?
Old 24th September 2016, 16:07   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Oh ok, my package came via (Inb),Air,MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, checking the mumbai customs website to see if I can find any information. Also informed the same to the seller in aliexpress, waiting to hear back from him as well. Will keep you posted if I find any information about this which would make it easier for you when your package arrives & in a similar situation
I finally received the armrest yesterday and had to pay Rs.320 as customs duty. It is of decent quality and looks pretty good for $55 that I paid.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 17:35   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Hi, You should be able to get 2 & 3 as FOC from Perfect Honda.. If you are interested in sensors i guess that can also be availed as FOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

On the accessory part as arunmichael said, you should be able to get Mud flaps and Floor mats (Yes! with Honda written on it) free of charge. I got them by default without any negotiations. If you negotiate, they can probably throw in the reverse parking sensor as well. No harm in trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
You should be able to get 2,3 and 4 very easily from dealer on little bargain.

During my purchase of Jazz VX, I got floor mats and reverse parking sensors free .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
:.

2. Mud flaps - others have commented very clearly. I got for 1800 from Honda Dealer.

3. Floor mats - I got free from the dealer - without asking for it.

4. Reverse parking sensors - I had preferred to install outside. I went to an accessories dealer. He realized that the standard units would point upwards - due to the profile of the car. I went to Honda Dealer - their unit had the sensors at the right angle. It cost me 4,000 Rs - but are really good.

Quote:
1. Good options on Aliexpress.
2. Got aftermarket for 450/-. Wasn't interested in spending 4 times that for something as simple as a mudflap.
3. Got these from Dealer as a part of the package.
4. Get this from your dealer. Modifying electrical system can breach warranty if done aftermarket.

The car is ready for delivery at the dealership and I did a brief PDI and am planning to take delivery sometime the coming week.

On the accessory side

I am getting the Mud Flaps, Reverse Parking Sensors and Floor Mats for free.

Mud flaps would be fixed post delivery at around 5th of Oct as they are currently out of stock

Reverse parking sensor was a bit of a tough selection, as I wanted both the camera and sensor on one screen. Totally dislike looking at 2 places for the same with the Rear View Mirror and infotainment display. Managed to get a sleeker though basic 4 point sensor with a small unit on the RH corner near the windshield in front of the the steering wheel.

Floor mats are not 3D or washable ones. Would really struggle keeping them clean.

Will have to depend on Ali express for the Armrest

Got the underbody Teflon treatment done for 3960. Bit expensive for me.

But my real challenge is going to be the Tyres. They are MRF ZVTS. Which I am not at all impressed with. Did you face any similar challenges. Any way of swapping these with the Bridgestones. I know the Michelins are a bit old.

Can anyone please suggest
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 22:43   #1886
BHPian

My Jazz came with Michelin tyres. But as per personal experience MRF's are not bad. My swift was riding on MRF.
Old 25th September 2016, 03:32   #1887
BHPian

A quick question. Does any variant on the jazz come with isofix points for car seats?
Old 25th September 2016, 07:27   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
A quick question. Does any variant on the jazz come with isofix points for car seats?
AFAIK the Indian spec Jazz doesn't come with ISOFIX points. You may consider installing a child restraint system.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 15:08   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
AFAIK the Indian spec Jazz doesn't come with ISOFIX points. You may consider installing a child restraint system.
can you elaborate on the child restraint system please. I have a car seat that came with a base to be installed to ISOFIX which I am currently using on the X1. I was just wondering how it would fit onto the jazz seats.

Just booked the jazz CVT this morning in Pondicherry. The only offer that Honda has for the CVT is a gold coin and the SA agreed to invoice at the old price. They were trying to push hard for the Honda assure and zero dep insurance through them but a quick online quote was 8k less than them and they refused to budge. So have decided to get insurance outside.They refused to give even the mud flaps and floor mats complimentary.

Now my hunt for an armrest starts as the OEM one that my cousin got cost him 18k
Old 26th September 2016, 09:33   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
can you elaborate on the child restraint system please. I have a car seat that came with a base to be installed to ISOFIX which I am currently using on the X1. I was just wondering how it would fit onto the jazz seats.
Typically, the car seats which can be fixed via ISOFIX also have arrangement to be used with Adult seatbelt. Please check if you have lap belt guides at the back, usually it's marked with Seatbelt through here or similar stickers.

Pull out the length of belt, and pass the lap belt through the lap belt guides, then click the belt in. Once you have clicked the belt in, firmly pull the shoulder part of the belt, so that it tightens the lap belt.

I use my car seat with an adult seatbelt only as my Figo does not have ISOFIX points.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks