Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2017, 09:56   #6571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
I had 30k service done for 1.6 last November with total bill amount about 9k.
It would have been around 6000Rs if brake pads were not changed. Around 2500 for the pads and 500 for the labour is slightly expensive. Were the pads worn out? Service guys usually push for replacement even if the pads have decent life left. Did you face any issues while braking?
Old 15th January 2017, 09:57   #6572
BHPian

Any quick tips to cover or look for during the third free service? I am at Sai Hinjewadi workshop already and have asked for checking software update available and fixing break &clutch pedal squeaking sound.
Old 15th January 2017, 10:08   #6573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
Any quick tips to cover or look for during the third free service? I am at Sai Hinjewadi workshop already and have asked for checking software update available and fixing break &clutch pedal squeaking sound.
Just get all the jobs recommended in owners manual. Also it would be better to get the wheel alignment and balancing done outside in well known tyre shops.

3rd service / 10K km has only oil and oil filter change, cleaning the air filter, routine inspection and wash.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th January 2017 at 10:09.
Old 15th January 2017, 10:21   #6574
BHPian

Thanks Dr. As practice, i am going to get the wheel alignment/balancing from outside. The SA was pushing me to buy alloy for spare wheel with reason that fifth tyre gets utilized; when I asked to just change tyre from spare instead of buying alloy to counter his selling reason, he backtracked and said we don't do it. I had no intention to get anything done for tyres / wheels.
The software version of the touchscreen is something 740-15....I am told that that is the latest version available. I had got that upgraded last when free replacement of break shoe was done.
Old 15th January 2017, 15:30   #6575
BHPian

Took delivery of my S-Cross Zeta a few hours ago. It was a fairly pleasant experience. I had sent a stinker to the Suzuki chaps last evening. The Customer RM of the showroom requested me to rescind the complaint and give in writing that I was satisfied with their service and also write that they will definitely install in the IRVM in a week. Apparently, if this note is not signed by the customer within 24 hours of raising the complaint, Suzuki fines the dealer Rs. 10,000.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 15:46   #6576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It would have been around 6000Rs if brake pads were not changed. Around 2500 for the pads and 500 for the labour is slightly expensive. Were the pads worn out? Service guys usually push for replacement even if the pads have decent life left. Did you face any issues while braking?
Yeah Pads were almost gone hence changed them. Also not I skip regular while alignment etc as I always get them done outside.
Till now in 14 months I have completed 34k and with hardly any issues.
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 16:23   #6577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Got my S-Cross yesterday. 1.3 Zeta. It came with new alloys! They look much better than the earlier ones
Congrats.
December manufactured?
How much did it cost, if I am not intruding?
Old 15th January 2017, 19:07   #6578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Congrats.
December manufactured?
How much did it cost, if I am not intruding?
Hello,
Mine is a Nov 2016 manufactured car (last two characters of VIN are LG)
It cost me exact 11 Lacs which includes registration fees, zero dep insurance and extended warranty
The total cost before discounts was 11.55 lacs.
Got an overall discount of 55k

Last edited by djkher : 15th January 2017 at 19:09.
Old 15th January 2017, 21:49   #6579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hello,
Mine is a Nov 2016 manufactured car (last two characters of VIN are LG)
It cost me exact 11 Lacs which includes registration fees, zero dep insurance and extended warranty
The total cost before discounts was 11.55 lacs.
Got an overall discount of 55k
Thanks.
I got 0.50 lakh discount for a December manufactured piece and took delivery on Christmas day. OTR here in Hyderabad is 11.58.
Old 15th January 2017, 22:47   #6580
BHPian

Got the delivery of my car yesterday.
Driven about 50 KMs since yesterday. Will post pic soon.
Thank you all.
Old 16th January 2017, 01:34   #6581
Distinguished - BHPian

S-Cross 1.6 in Europe gets "DPF: Diesel Particulate Filter ". I was checking spare parts details of S-Cross 1.6 in India and was surprised to see the word "DPF". Boodmo online spare parts website lists all the MGP parts with figures and part numbers. I was thinking Maruti would have skipped DPF. Also, I checked for 1.3 S-Cross and DPF is not present as expected.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170116wa0000.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170116wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 16th January 2017 at 01:39.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 14:00   #6582
BHPian

So got the stock JK Elanzo NXTs swapped for Yokohama Earth-1s. The guy I had negotiated the deal for 9k for the swap went back on his word and now demanded 15.5k. He claimed the market is flush with Elanzos as they are crap tyres and the company is liquidating the stock. I then contacted Ranvir Singh from Pal tyres who is also located close to my office and he pretty much repeated the same thing that the Metro Tyres guy stated. However, he offered to buyback at 2800 per tyre and offered the swap for 12.4k. I went ahead with him. He was polite and extremely professional. I don't know whether it was the placebo effect but I definitely thought the ride quality was significantly better - it wasn't marginal.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-tyre-swap-1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-tyre-swap-2.jpg  

Old 19th January 2017, 12:10   #6583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
S-Cross 1.6 in Europe gets "DPF: Diesel Particulate Filter ". I was checking spare parts details of S-Cross 1.6 in India and was surprised to see the word "DPF". Boodmo online spare parts website lists all the MGP parts with figures and part numbers. I was thinking Maruti would have skipped DPF. Also, I checked for 1.3 S-Cross and DPF is not present as expected.
Indian Scross 1.6 Does NOT have a DPF. Confirmed !!
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 13:40   #6584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I don't know whether it was the placebo effect but I definitely thought the ride quality was significantly better - it wasn't marginal.
I felt a big difference too after I swapped the Elanzo NXT's for a set of Mich P3ST's. I have seen people who don't ever feel a thing when changing tires. But for anybody planning to drive this car for over a 100k kms should get better rubber. For not only the tire life but also the (no. of kms x better handling). How tire brands produce such tire models and why car brands adopt them is till date beyond me! 😂
Old 19th January 2017, 13:48   #6585
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel Particulate Filters are required to meet Euro V/BS V emission norms. India is still on BS IV so DPFs are not needed to meet regulatory requirements. They are expensive parts and no manufacturer is going to put them in unless necessary. They also need a better grade of fuel from what I recall. AFAIK, none of the Indian made cars come with DPFs (cant say about imports)
jaibir is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks