Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 19:44   #7111
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Ghat roads? From MVPA via MC road towards Ettumanur/Kottayam? Ah!! Forgot the roads are under construction. Is that the reason?
Not exactly. 40% of our journey is though MVPA-TDPA-Idukki-Kattapana route (Kerala SH-33). MC Road stretch from Koothathukulam till Kottayam is 95% done. MVPA-Koothatukulam road is still under construction.

Quote:
PS - Next time I'm in MVPA, I'll catch up with you on my Brownie
Sure! Lets meet up
Mr.O is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 19:48   #7112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A list dominated by Japanese . Suzuki S Cross is rated 6th best in terms of disparity between claimed and Real MPG fuel economy in UK.
Just to clarify. As per my understanding, the last listed as "best" is where the disparity is the least. i.e. Mazda MX-5 on an average gives more FE than claimed numbers and S-Cross, on an average, gives 92% of the company claimed figures.

Quote:
Will strongly agree; for the first 1.5 days during the first 961 Km, the FE I got was 21.X Kmpl. Post the inspection/1st service, the FE has dropped to 16.2 Kmpl. Also my app shows overall FE of 14.4 Kmpl
Sorry Argee, but if my understanding above is correct, I am not sure if your observation correlates to volkman's post above.

Quote:
I assume I'll have to reset the FE in MID for every long trip or after every full tank or every run & not keep the statistic to accumulate.

What is that most owners follow here?
I reset FE for every long trip manually and if I want to match the FE for a refill, I manually reset when I do a tank full.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 19:55   #7113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Just to clarify
Thanks for clarifying; its heartening that there's a discrepancy of only 8% with 92% accuracy

Quote:
I reset FE for every long trip manually and if I want to match the FE for a refill, I manually reset when I do a tank full.
I'm now confused as whether to reset for every trip or every tankful. Anyway I've been tracking all my vehicles with app, so, I get a long term as well as trip wise FE including timing. So I don't know how to handle this information overload on SCross
Old 3rd April 2017, 19:57   #7114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just to clarify. As per my understanding, the last listed as "best" is where the disparity is the least. i.e. Mazda MX-5 on an average gives more FE than claimed numbers and S-Cross, on an average, gives 92% of the company claimed figures.
Yes your understanding is correct. Same goes with emission in real world testing. Suzuki seems to have it right there too!

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:16   #7115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, this retrofit could be done even on lower variants with halogen reflector. Legally, any mods are illegal . But this is a direct swap and retains OEM looks. Also, with a Bixenon Projector setup.. You have total control. Low beam wouldn't blind anyone.
Any pointers where I can checkout good companies in chennai who can do this job? I am trying to locate this info in our forum and in google without success. I am thinking of getting this mod done in my Scross zeta since the stock bulbs are literally useless.
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:18   #7116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Any pointers where I can checkout good companies in chennai who can do this job? I am trying to locate this info in our forum and in google without success. I am thinking of getting this mod done in my Scross zeta since the stock bulbs are literally useless.
I do not know anyone in Chennai. You can check with Retro Rides / Morimoto India. They might recommend you the place of installation.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd April 2017 at 20:42.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:40   #7117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Lovely pic

I am waiting for you to write down ownership review of your Code 6 tuned 1.6 S-Cross . As per the videos I had come across in what's app, the acceleration of Code 6 S-Cross is better than mine with TOT remap.
Thanks Naren
Will pen down the review soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
JK Elanzos at 26K

Attachment 1625937

Tires are wearing out a bit unevenly. Same for all 4 tires, though 4 tires are rotated at every 5K KM from MASS. We usually do all the alignment and balancing works outside of MASS but non of the alignment guys in my home town have the data for S-Cross.
How often do you check air pressure ?
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:59   #7118
BHPian

Quote:
JK Elanzos at 26K

[/ATTACH]

Tires are wearing out a bit unevenly. Same for all 4 tires, though 4 tires are rotated at every 5K KM from MASS. We usually do all the alignment and balancing works outside of MASS but non of the alignment guys in my home town have the data for S-Cross.
This is real bad worn out @26K. I have placed my 28K run Elanzo next to your photo. For me the tyres are as good as new even after 28K KMs.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20170401_082800.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:23   #7119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Any pointers where...my Scross zeta since the stock bulbs are literally useless
With Zeta what's the problem? Simply upgrade to 90/100 or if you want to experiment, try 100/130. Use ceramic holders for both setup & use ONLY roots relay kit. You can get this done at G.P.Road or Radioware House reliably

Do not opt for the white lights, they're utter useless in rains & will kill you in foggy weather
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:44   #7120
BHPian

Quote:
With Zeta what's the problem? Simply upgrade to 90/100 or if you want to experiment, try 100/130. Use ceramic holders for both setup & use ONLY roots relay kit. You can get this done at G.P.Road or Radioware House reliably

Do not opt for the white lights, they're utter useless in rains & will kill you in foggy weather
Thanks Aargee! Will check this out.
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:48   #7121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
How often do you check air pressure ?
Every 2 weeks. 33PSI at front 36 at the rear. There is no loss in air pressure every time we check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
This is real bad worn out @26K. I have placed my 28K run Elanzo next to your photo. For me the tyres are as good as new even after 28K KMs.
Are you following the 5 tire rotation pattern or 4 tire rotation pattern?

Last edited by Mr.O : 3rd April 2017 at 21:53.
Old 3rd April 2017, 22:02   #7122
BHPian

Quote:
Every 2 weeks. 33PSI at front 36 at the rear. There is no loss in air pressure every time we check.

Are you following the 5 tire rotation pattern or 4 tire rotation pattern?
I do 4 tyre rotation. 5 tyre is not done as the spare is a steel wheel.

I do feel some serious flaw for this kind of a worn-out. The reasons can be any of the following or a combination of multiple points

1. Roads are really bad.
2. The driving style needs improvement
3. Air pressure is not maintained properly and not checked routinely.

I cannot digest the fact that a hard compound tyre like Elanzo turning into a bald tyre just in 26K KMs without any of the above points contributing heavily.
Old 3rd April 2017, 22:30   #7123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I do 4 tyre rotation. 5 tyre is not done as the spare is a steel wheel.

I do feel some serious flaw for this kind of a worn-out. The reasons can be any of the following or a combination of multiple points

1. Roads are really bad.
2. The driving style needs improvement
3. Air pressure is not maintained properly and not checked routinely.

I cannot digest the fact that a hard compound tyre like Elanzo turning into a bald tyre just in 26K KMs without any of the above points contributing heavily.
Roads are not that bad where we travel, its rather good and we check air pressure at regular intervals.

Point number 2 is the culprit I believe. Like I said above, we tend to have a bit of fun in the twisties.
Mr.O is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 00:00   #7124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Roads are not that bad where we travel, its rather good and we check air pressure at regular intervals.

Point number 2 is the culprit I believe. Like I said above, we tend to have a bit of fun in the twisties.
I suspect the alignment done at MASS. Most of the times they are not accurate. But as you said, you couldn't get it done outside. Anyways, when you change the tyres.. Get the alignment done at a good tyre shop.
Old 4th April 2017, 00:23   #7125
BHPian

Quote:

If I may, I can add one more culprit and I am sure is a major one - The DDiS 320 motor as compared to Sree73's DDiS 200 motor.

I am sure the extra torque, extra weight and probably a higher average speed added to your enthusiastic or, if I may call it, aggressive style of driving are contributing to the greater wear.

Also, I would like to propose some conspiracy theories Assuming the batches of the tires are different, what is the probability that the material used in the 2 sets are different. i.e Mr. O got a set of Elanzos with softer compound tires?

Also, I am not very sure of how many days Mr. O's car and Sree73's car waited in the open yards of dealer before delivery. Is it possible that Sree73's car was under sun for a longer duration which could have made the rubber harder and resulting in lesser wear?

Last edited by Vigkey : 4th April 2017 at 00:24.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks