Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 21:12   #7066
ses

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
1. It's mineral oil

Fully synthetic 5W30 oil which meets ACEA C2 criteria would be compatible. Its available in Mobil 1 ESP 5W30.

I am planning to use this oil during next service.

http://www.amazon.in/Mobil-ESP-5W-30.../dp/B00SFNNTSE
I have an S-Cross 1.6 and did the third servicing recently where I got the oil changed. I went with 0W-30. However, the service advisor at the workshop was trying hard to convince me to go for 5W-40 (synthetic, Castrol edge professional). Has anyone tried this option for the 1.6 engine?
Old 31st March 2017, 23:09   #7067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses View Post
I have an S-Cross 1.6 and did the third servicing recently where I got the oil changed. I went with 0W-30. However, the service advisor at the workshop was trying hard to convince me to go for 5W-40 (synthetic, Castrol edge professional). Has anyone tried this option for the 1.6 engine?
Manual clearly says to use 0W30. At times the dealer pushes to use other oil if 0W30 is not in stock. Since 0W30 was available in your case, I wonder why SA was pushing you to go with 5W40. I would prefer Mobil Delvac 5W40 over castrol edge.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 02:59   #7068
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Since 20,000 kms service I am seeing a drop in average. Today's Rohtak trip gave 16 kmpl! Usually we get 22 kmpl. In city I have been getting 14-15 kmpl which earlier was at 18-19 kmpl.

Also, there is a 2/3 kmpl difference shown on the MID after turning on the car. For example, when we switch off the car the MID shows 16 kmpl and after we turn on the car the MID shows 14 kmpl.

What could be the reason?

Last edited by sinharishi : 1st April 2017 at 03:01.
Old 1st April 2017, 06:51   #7069
ses

Quote:
Since 0W30 was available in your case, I wonder why SA was pushing you to go with 5W40. I would prefer Mobil Delvac 5W40 over castrol edge.
SA's argument was that 5W-40 is a fully synthetic alternative to 0W-30 (which as you've mentioned earlier is mineral). SA said that the workshop's recommendation for a fully synthetic oil for both D13A engine and D16AA engine is 5W-40. The reasoning sounded strange to me, my understanding is that fully synthetic 5W-30 is available for the D13A engine. I decided to go with the recommendation given in the manual.

If you switch to fully synthetic oil at some point in future (or become aware of someone who has switched), I'd be happy to get a feedback.
Old 1st April 2017, 07:13   #7070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Since 20,000 kms service I am seeing a drop in average. Today's Rohtak trip gave 16 kmpl! Usually we get 22 kmpl. In city I have been getting 14-15 kmpl which earlier was at 18-19 kmpl.

Also, there is a 2/3 kmpl difference shown on the MID after turning on the car. For example, when we switch off the car the MID shows 16 kmpl and after we turn on the car the MID shows 14 kmpl.

What could be the reason?
Is this drop only in MID or are you really getting a reduced FE on a tankful to tankful measurement method?

In both cases, get back to SA.

Just see if you have changed any driving style or other parameters like High AC (because of Summer?). Or filled fuel from a totally new outlet. etc.
The drop you have mentioned is beyond the variance comes out of normal driving variables. Take one/two more tankful measurements and verify. Meanwhile Just inform SA about this and then take the car to them.

If this variance is before the first refuel after service, do not depend on that. In many cases, there can be little bit of fuel adjustments in some places. (I'm not saying it might have happened in your case, but possibility is there). Have a complete tankful method and verify.

Last edited by Sree73 : 1st April 2017 at 07:26. Reason: Additional points
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 08:45   #7071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
My S-Cross has crossed 15K KMs in 9 months. I'm still on JK Elanzo stock tyres. It started giving cracks at many locations mainly on treads. May be it will run for another 15-20K Kms. Will be upgrading to 225/55 R16 during the first change.
With all the brickbats existing on the JK Elanzo, completed ~28000 KMs. So far, no issues other than the road noise which I'm not bothered as I run always with AC / Music on. I have not faced the braking issue which many have complained about.

The picture shows the current condition below.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20170401_082800.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 11:26   #7072
BHPian

Hi ,

This is Maruti's premium product offering. I feel they should offer good automatic ( CVT ) transmission on this car as option , only then i feel the premium status can be justified. I do not understand their strategy. Presently under the Nexa , CVT is offered only in Baleno.

Regards
Amol
Old 1st April 2017, 11:32   #7073
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
With all the brickbats existing on the JK Elanzo, completed ~28000 KMs. So far, no issues other than the road noise which I'm not bothered as I run always with AC / Music on. I have not faced the braking issue
JK Elanzo may not be the best tyre available around. Though issue of sound has been exaggerated. Poor sound insulation would allow sound sneaking inside cabin whether its from tyres or other from other sources.

I have replaced JK Elanzo with Michelin after 12000 kms and now i am in a position to differentiate between these two types-

- Due to high torque especialy in lower gears, front wheels used to get unsettle which is not the case now as road grip has most definitely improved. And yes, braking is also better now

- Michelin has soft sidewalls and might have some concern too.
Sip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 15:48   #7074
BHPian

Maruti sells 18,311 units in the utility segment during March 2017.
My guesstimate

S-Cross - 2.3K
Ertiga - 5.5K
Brezza - 10.3K
Gypsy - 0.2K

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-12-6/57957566

Last edited by Sree73 : 1st April 2017 at 16:12.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 21:24   #7075
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Mr. Dheeraj for sharing these details and also I appreciate his courage to do the first ever S-Cross Alpha headlamp surgery

The stock projectors are 25W D5S and many owners have complained about average output. 1.6 S-Cross especially needs better lights and what's power without control??

Fellow 1.6 S-Cross owner has done a good retrofit. He has replaced the stock projectors with Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0. It's a direct fit and mounted in place of stock projectors. Yes, the headlight was opened for this retrofit. The difference in output is massive when compared to stock setup. Mini D2S 4.0 has very strong high beam due to well centred hot spot. The retrofit was done at Retro Rides Delhi, who is official Morimoto master dealer of India.

Let the pics talk :

Stock S-Cross projector : no brand name, D5S system : bulb & igniter are integrated
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170331wa0031.jpg

WIP : Stock headlights opened and new projector put in!!
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0043.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0044.jpg

Wall shot : Perfectly aligned, sharp cut off and good blue colour..
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0060.jpg

And this is how you see the roads at night
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0077.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0078.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st April 2017 at 21:26.
Dr.Naren is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 21:38   #7076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Mr. Dheeraj for sharing these details and also I appreciate his courage to do the first ever S-Cross Alpha headlamp surgery...And this is how you see the roads at night
Superb, superb & very superb!! This is exactly what I have been looking for. I am sure this will void the warranty, so let me check with ASC before opting for this lights. But, super Thanks to you
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 21:41   #7077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Superb, superb & very superb!! This is exactly what I have been looking for. I am sure this will void the warranty, so let me check with ASC before opting for this lights. But, super Thanks to you
The electrical warranty would be intact as no stock wiring is tampered. You would lose the warranty for headlights against moisture, fogging etc as they are opened. But it's not a problem if the resealing is done properly
Old 1st April 2017, 21:49   #7078
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Superb, superb & very superb!!
Quote:
But it's not a problem if the resealing is done properly
This is what Maruti Suzuki should have done initially to the headlights. Almost 90% owners of Alpha variant are crying out loud to find a damn solution to poor lighting.

OEM Headlights cost 45K but poor visibility doesn't justify the pricing.

Brilliant effort Dheeraj Sir on going ahead with the surgery. Hats off and thank you for showing all Alpha owners a path of improvement.

25K is a decent amount but gets nullified when the improvement shows up.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st April 2017 at 22:01.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 21:55   #7079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is what Maruti Suzuki should have done initially to the headlights. Almost 90% owners of Alpha variant are crying out loud to find a damn solution to poor lighting.

Headlights cost 45K but poor visibility doesn't justify the pricing.

Brilliant effort Dheeraj Sir on going ahead with the surgery. Hats off and thank you for showing all Alpha owners a path of improvement.

23K is a decent amount but gets nullified when the improvement shows up.
True that!! Also, Maruti has provided a cheap unbranded projector. Philips 25W bulb and igniter were the only pricey stuff.

25K is the pricing for full kit and every component is from Morimoto. Installation charges are extra.

Cheers!!
Old 1st April 2017, 22:25   #7080
Sip
BHPian

Quote:

25K is the pricing for full kit and every component is from Morimoto. Installation charges are extra.

Cheers!!
Naren thanks for providing this information. Is this feasible for lower variants i.e. Delta and Zeta? Also what about legality for 55w output?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks