Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 09:42   #6946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Let me clarify with a picture guys. Here's how I place the FOB & Phone. Last night I nearly panicked because this happened right after refueling & I was struck there. Thankfully there was no queue behind otherwise there would've been many "experts" offering their "expertise"

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-inside.jpg

Note - Forgot to add another point - After driving for more than 100 Km, I had a chance to stop & start. The FOB was placed at the same place & no issues observed. Same thing today morning as well, no issues observed, started without a complaint. Interesting after the 100+ Km drive back, while I was reversing to park the car is when this showed up for second time that too I hadn't switched OFF the engine.

PS - Radio was not ON, but, was playing music from USB

Last edited by aargee : 18th March 2017 at 09:46.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 09:58   #6947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Let me clarify with a picture guys. Here's how I place the FOB & Phone. Last night I nearly panicked because this happened right after refueling & I was struck there.
Hi aargee, please refer my post below. I had faced the issue when I was in front of a traffic signal and it was a very bad day.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3924350
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 10:00   #6948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Question to owners - Car ran good; but this kept coming twice yesterday.
1. After refueling, I tried starting the car, but it wouldn't; noticed the MID & this showed up. Promptly turned everything OFF; held the FOB near to start/stop button & started. Worked fine.

2. While parking at home, reversed, parked & this one kept showing. After hoovering the FOB around the start/stop button, this one disappeared.

Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly? Pls advice.
Are you using Non MGP mobile phone charger?? My service manager had showed me an internal study document by Maruti which said that using Non MGP charger is the culprit. It interferes with the frequency of key fob.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 10:34   #6949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No guys, battery power isn't the issue here. It could be the placement of FOB inside the cabin?

Try placing it either in the cubby hole behind the gear lever or in the cubby hole beneath the fog lamp switches.

The FOB is interfering with radio or mobile signals and going unrecognized by the start/stop button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have faced the problem of "Key fob not detected" many times when I place the fob at the cubhole near the push button start.
As per the advice of the SA, (two different people from two agencies), now I'm keeping the key fob in the cup holder near the hand brake and never faced the issue. As per SA, the central sensor mechanism for the fob is located near the hand brake.

Technically, the fob should be detected when it is inside the car irrespective of it's position. But, atleast for me, the cubhole is a problem area. I'm not saying that it is not working from the cubhole. But, faced 4-5 times the issue when the key is in cubhole. Now, for peace of mind, I always keep the key fob near the hand brake. No issues even I place the fob / smartphone at the same place (Cup holder near hand brake).

For me, this had nothing to do with battery. Batteries were perfect. Car starts perfectly with the fob inside anywhere in the car, except in cubhole where it refuces to start occasionally.
That's correct. For me, it always complains of key not being detected if its placed under the cubby hole under the ICE. The owners manual also says the area where the fob is detected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Are you using Non MGP mobile phone charger?? My service manager had showed me an internal study document by Maruti which said that using Non MGP charger is the culprit. It interferes with the frequency of key fob.
That's interesting. Why would a charger that merely delivers power have interference? I guess they are just promoting MGP chargers. I wouldn't fall for it

From Owners Manual
NOTE:
In the presence of strong radio signals or noise, you may not be able to change the ignition mode to ACC or ON or to start the engine using the engine switch. In this case, the information display on the instrument cluster will show the following message: KEY FOB NOT DETECTED

Name:  KeyFOB.png
Views: 2200
Size:  56.6 KB

As you will see, the place right under the dash is not an area where it detects the Fob. So working as designed and expected

Last edited by sudeepg : 18th March 2017 at 10:35. Reason: adding more details
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 10:39   #6950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
That's interesting. Why would a charger that merely delivers power have interference? I guess they are just promoting MGP chargers. I wouldn't fall for it
Nope. It was not for promotion. If so, Maruti would have asked dealers to paste it at service centre for public display .

It was a 3 or 4 page document, meant for service guys to diagnose the problem.

Edit : Quick Google search got me these details!!

Quote:
This bulletin was provided by GM regarding 2014 and prior GM cars and trucks that feature RKE (remote keyless entry) and/or RVS (remote vehicle start).

Some customers may comment on poor or no transmitter range when using the RKE and/or RVS. In some cases, the range has been limited to a few feet.

Some aftermarket devices can cause frequency interference, which may affect the operating range of the RKE and/or RVS functions.

Inspect the vehicle for any aftermarket devices installed or stored in the vehicle. Examples include cell phone or USB chargers plugged into an accessory port, wireless gate remotes, wireless winch remotes, etc. Inspect all accessory ports and check all potential storage areas (instrument panel, glove box, center console, rear cargo area, under seats, etc.).

Remove any aftermarket devices and then evaluate operation of the RKS and RVS.
http://www.autoserviceprofessional.c...-keyless-entry

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 18th March 2017 at 10:42.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 11:44   #6951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Nice wheels
Are you placed around Delhi NCR ?
Thanks had to get them sourced from Delhi as it is not available here.

The landscape is similar but this picture is take in NH 27 in Assam.

Regarding the wheels, wanted to know if painting the brake pads would affect the performance of the car in terms of braking.
Old 18th March 2017, 12:14   #6952
BHPian

Quote:
Question to owners - Car ran good; but this kept coming twice yesterday.
Congrats aargee on the 1.6 MJD. Few questions?

1. Where did you get the vehicle? Bangalore or Chennai?
2. If in Chennai then which NEXA showroom and what did the OTR come to?
3. Were you able to squeeze out certain discounts from NEXA? Did you exchange your WagonR with them or did you sell it outside?
Old 18th March 2017, 13:00   #6953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
Regarding the wheels, wanted to know if painting the brake pads would affect the performance of the car in terms of braking.
I guess you meant painting the brake caliper covers. It won't affect performance. Also do not paint the brake discs as it won't stay due to heat.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 14:03   #6954
BHPian

This is the best I could get during my recent highway run. But I guess, it will come down in the city.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170317_182227.jpg

Early impressions-

Handles really well. My usual run of 100kms which I usually did in 90mins was done in 90mins in Scross. But the difference is that I wasn't fatigued at all.
Felt that I could shave some mins from this but was driving according to the Teambhp new car run-in criteria.

Braking is also very good. I had to test it when some drunk cyclist decided he wanted to cross the highway in front of my car even though I honked repeatedly.

Tried cruise control. Worked as described.

Couple of things which were a little annoying-

The boot cover kept making noises during the bumpy stretches. I figured it does not stay affixed to slots provided.

While using the GPS, the disclaimer always came in first which got irritating after a time.

The voice activated artist selection for music did not work even though the artist was there in the playlist.

The car has to be turned off to open the boot.
renownedalmond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 14:53   #6955
BHPian

Quote:
Let me clarify with a picture guys. Here's how I place the FOB & Phone. Last night I nearly panicked because this happened right after refueling & I was struck there. Thankfully there was no queue behind otherwise there would've been many "experts" offering their "expertise"
This is how I place my key FOB. I have never ever got a problem with the sensor when placing the key fob at this spot. This is the best spot I could find and have stuck to this for over an year now. Hope this helps you.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170318_143959.jpg  

sunejarahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 15:04   #6956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks had to get them sourced from Delhi as it is not available here.

The landscape is similar but this picture is take in NH 27 in Assam.
Ok.
Yesterday, I saw another S-cross with same wheels here.
Enjoy your ride.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 15:57   #6957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Are you using Non MGP mobile phone charger??...the frequency of key fob.
Bang right!! Let me remove the non MGP phone charger & try few runs to see if it helps. I nearly got panic half hour ago when the car refused to start at middle of the road. Had to apply sudden brake when a @#@$%# govt bus cut across & in this process the car switched off.

As usual, Dr Naren to rescue & sort out issues w.r.t SCross. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Congrats aargee on the 1.6 MJD. Few questions?
Thank you

1. Madras

2. Khivraj; don't wish to discuss monetary part for now

3. Discounts are always part of game, but I don't know whether they squeezed me or I squeezed them. I got what I wanted. I sold my WagonR outside.

Last edited by aargee : 18th March 2017 at 16:07.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 16:00   #6958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The car has to be turned off to open the boot.
Not needed. Unlocking via central locking button on the driver side door does the job. Please try that. And congrats on the car!!!
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 16:06   #6959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Isn't this a very big difference in favor of the WR-V? For some customers, this may compensate for all the other 'drawbacks' of the WR-V when compared to SCross.
Had an opportunity to drive today through city with several bumper to bumper traffic; the car literally scared the hell out of me!! It simply jumps & I had to be extremely careful with right foot otherwise the car would be kissing every possible object on road.

Two factors that play an important role; one being torque, second being the speed masking. I felt like everyone around me are going extremely slow & got irritated several times. But on one occasion, I happened to observe the speedo & found I was doing 45 Not bad for the city traffic. I had an impression that I was doing 20!!

Talking about turbo lag, yes, the lag is felt just because we're used to the humongous turbo pull, but for a bumper to bumper traffic, the C pedal is more than sufficient, but ensure the B pedal is used well because we may not even need A pedal & incase we do, better be extremely careful.

This is what I learned today!
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 16:09   #6960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bang right!! Let me remove the non MGP phone charger & try few runs to see if it helps. I nearly got panic half hour ago when the car refused to start at middle of the road. Had to apply sudden brake when a @#@$%# govt bus cut across & in this process the car switched off.

As usual, Dr Naren to rescue & sort out issues w.r.t SCross. Thank you.
It doesn't happen with every non MGP charger. According to Maruti, few non MGP chargers could interfere with frequency of key fob. I was using a Chinese charger and it blew the accessory socket fuse, also used to have key fob not detected issues once in a while.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4081268

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 18th March 2017 at 16:11.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed