Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2017, 10:42   #6796
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I finally booked the S Cross 1.6 Alpha in White.

buying the car purely for performance. Looks though seem to grow as I see it more. But it still feels like a hatch. Almost similar to Fusion.

Read some feedback on the rear axle issues in this thread. Is this a one of issue or are quite a few people facing this?

Thanks
indian21r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 11:07   #6797
Senior - BHPian

during my test drive of the 1.6, I was plenty impressed by the performance after the turbo kicks in. But my only deterrent to buying this hot hatch is that the wind noise around 100 kph was very unsettling. It almost gives you the feeling of going too fast when you're actually not.

I think with the music on, you wouldn't hear it so much. But still the ride felt more pliant compared to the Creta, but not as planted as the Ecosport.

What's all of yours take on the same? Also would like to know real world driving reviews of the head lights. Do they beg for an upgrade to higher intensity bulbs or the OEM HID are sufficient? I do mostly highway runs and sometimes its during late hours. I am yet to experience a fantastic set of head lights compared to a typical 100/90 relay set up of halogens. Not even the HID on Octavia are something to talk about. These HID are mostly just good to look at, rather than any actual gain in light spread especially during rains.
Old 24th February 2017, 11:31   #6798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
What's all of yours take on the same?
Our experience was totally different from yours; we tried Ecosport & 1.6 Alpha back to back on empty silky ORR; while I agree both Eco & Alpha was good to mask higher speeds, by the time I sloted 6th & watched speedo, needle was in 160 & yes, there was considerable speed observed. And the engine had more juice to try more.

With Eco, when we observed considerable speed, it was between 130-140.

Remember, on higher speeds discs perform better than rear drum. Had to be extremely careful on slow speeds as the brakes are extremely sharp.

With SCross, it has nearly a look of a Merc A class, but higher GC; unmatched FE than its competitors; excellent braking than competitors (not comparing anything in Merc/Beemer here); features you name it; very roomy & accommodating; elder friendly probably (we found Creta needed ladder, but Eco was perfect ergo here).

But then, no car is perfect, there're people who complain with Merc & Ferrari as well & happy with Nano as well. So I think somewhere there has to be a cut off taken because no mass product made in the market could cater all the needs unless we choose to knock of few items from our ever growing list.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 21:17   #6799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I finally booked the S Cross 1.6 Alpha in White.

Thanks
Congrats!

So PDI for my car done today. Delivery next week. Quick question- underbody coating required for scross? I will be taking it to 3m post delivery.

Last edited by jaunthead : 24th February 2017 at 21:18.
Old 24th February 2017, 21:40   #6800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
Congrats!

So PDI for my car done today. Delivery next week. Quick question- underbody coating required for scross? I will be taking it to 3m post delivery.
Congrats!! 1.6 would never disappoint you!!

S-Cross comes with underbody protection. There is no need of 3M coating. Also I have read here on this thread that even 3M folks said there is no need of anti rust coating for S-Cross. I would advice 3M PPF on door handles, edges etc.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 06:32   #6801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S-Cross comes with underbody protection. There is no need of 3M coating. Also I have read here on this thread that even 3M folks said there is no need of anti rust coating for S-Cross
Whoa!! This is news!! No wonder Nexa guys said this can be done even after 3-4 years later!! I was wondering what's the point getting undercoat treated by the time the rust starts!!

I think Maruti has done a great job with Nexa, those guys aren't the typical halfbaked knowledge salesmen that we find at Hyundai or even at regular Maruti-Suzuki
Old 25th February 2017, 09:04   #6802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
those guys aren't the typical halfbaked knowledge salesmen that we find at Hyundai or even at regular Maruti-Suzuki
Possibly you had better luck with RMs. So far I have been really disappointed with the RMs at bimal nexa Blr. Sometimes knowingly, sometimes due to lack of knowledge they mislead me. And the last RM I did the PDI with was a real smart ass. Had an argument that ended only when I threatened to cancel my booking and leave. Most of the times I knew more than them about the car, all owing to this tbhp thread.

Last edited by jaunthead : 25th February 2017 at 09:09.
Old 25th February 2017, 09:56   #6803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
And the last RM I did the PDI with was a real smart ass. Had an argument that ended only when I threatened to cancel my booking and leave
Oh!! man!! What happened? Is it something that can be shared here?
And which Bimal Nexa? Opp to EMC2, Bagmane WTP, ORR?

Last edited by aargee : 25th February 2017 at 09:57.
Old 25th February 2017, 10:09   #6804
BHPian

surprising!
Nexa RM that I know says:
"No changes to S-cross in 2017 and only planned for 2018.
The 1.6 engine in S-cross discontinuing is also a rumour. You can book one if you want"

Nobody has seen the facelifted S-cross on the road testing also. All this about facelift S-cross is a rumour.
There was a session that the head of Maruti had at 11 AM on twitter https://twitter.com/search?q=nexa%20experience&src=typd
He only talked about Boosterjet engine coming in Baleno RS. They are not even talking about Baleno 1.4 boosterjet. This all about 1.4 Boosterjet in S-cross seems like wishful thinking (no offence intended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I took a test drive of the 1.6 and I was so excited I immediately sat down for the final negotiations and quotation.

That's when I told him my offer, I told him to round it off at that number which was almost same as the BRV i-VTEC. That's when he asked me to make a quick Google search for 1.4 booster jet, and then he tells me that this is already being deployed in the international face-lift which is being exported from India and soon we expect the same to hit our showrooms. So pls wait till April.

As I told him that I plan to take immediate delivery, why would he push me till April? May be they have no stocks of 1.6, or company has asked them to push for 1.3, and may be actually the 1.4 will indeed hit showrooms in April with a much better price tag than the diesel.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 07:18   #6805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!! man!! What happened? Is it something that can be shared here?
And which Bimal Nexa? Opp to EMC2, Bagmane WTP, ORR?
Yep, that's the one. Nothing too serious I would say, I wanted to do the PDI in proper light and take a few pics of the odo etc. The Rm pretty rudely said I cant take pictures. And thats what started the argument. Besides that from the time of booking I had to coax and fight for all informtion. They wouldn't give me the proforma for almost a month, do a flip flop on the accessories promised during booking, wouldn't give me the VIN for the car in transit, after making the downpayment post PDI(which I transferred online right in front of the Rm) they wouldn't give me the receipts till I raised my voice. It's just small things every step of the way that added up to a bitter experience.

Frankly I feel nexa has just given up on the high standards of handling customers they had when it was launched. This I am saying from experience because I have visited almost every nexa in Blr since early 2016 once I fell in love with scross. Any how, I hope everything ends well this week with the delivery. I requested to change the Rm as I didn't want to get worked up on the day of delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
surprising!
Nexa RM that I know says:
"No changes to S-cross in 2017 and only planned for 2018.
The 1.6 engine in S-cross discontinuing is also a rumour. You can book one if you want"

Boosterjet in S-cross seems like wishful thinking (no offence intended)
Yep I got the same answer from my dealer. Also like another gentleman mentioned in this thread earlier, 1.6 is coming to ciaz in 4-5 months and will be sold through nexa. That's what the dealer said and I am taking it all with a pinch of salt. Mildly worried about 1.6 stopping but that's it. Hoping it's a rumour. I worry more about NGT. Maruti will support the engine even if it is stopped. Love the car too much to let it go .

Last edited by jaunthead : 26th February 2017 at 07:20.
jaunthead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 10:36   #6806
BHPian

Maintaining the best performance in highly congested city traffic of Bangalore. Getting the FE of 19-20 KM/L with 100% AC in the 24-25 DEGC range. Extremely happy with the performance of DDiS 200 (Zeta).

FE reading is reset at every refuel and I do a full tank on all occasions.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20170226_090059.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 26th February 2017 at 16:43. Reason: typo
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 10:53   #6807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Getting the FE of 19-20 KMPH with 100% AC in the 24-25 DEGC range. Extremely happy with the performance of DDiS 200 (Zeta).

FE reading is reset at every refuel and I do a full tank on all occasions.
That's great FE. Just yesterday I had taken a TD of the S Cross 1.3 and really loved it. The sales guy did mention that customers are getting 20+ FE on highways and your post of proof.
I have a question on the FE reading reset. I often do long trips in which I do multiple full tanks and note the FE at the end of the long trip. The FE getting reset at every trip won't work for me in this case. Any way to avoid it?
Old 26th February 2017, 11:33   #6808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
I have a question on the FE reading reset. I often do long trips in which I do multiple full tanks and note the FE at the end of the long trip. The FE getting reset at every trip won't work for me in this case. Any way to avoid it?
You can change the settings in MID to reset FE manually. Good to know that you liked 1.3. What about 1.6?
Old 26th February 2017, 12:49   #6809
BHPian

Quote:
You can change the settings in MID to reset FE manually.

Awesome. Good that these small points have been taken care of

Quote:

Good to know that you liked 1.3. What about 1.6?
Wasn't available for a test drive.
Old 26th February 2017, 13:05   #6810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Getting the FE of 19-20 KMPH with 100% AC in the 24-25 DEGC range.
Sorry for the typo. Read 19-20 KMPL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks