Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2016, 21:43   #4831
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Very much frustrated now. I have diagnosed my Scross 1.6 two times now for black smoke .they solve the issue temporarily both times but again Black smoke is there.while normal driving my car emits light smoke everytime i touch the accelerator and emits heavy black smoke whenever i press the pedal hard. Everytime turbo charger kicks in i can see black smoke behind me.i don't doubt their honest effort to solve the issue both times but seems like maruti service guys have less knowledge about 1.6 engine :( have filled fuel from 3 different fuel pump now but same issue. Contacted them again and this time service manager told me to leave the car with them on monday and promised me they will diagnose the issue this time permanently.dont know what to do now.
Old 4th June 2016, 22:05   #4832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Been following this thread for a long time and have a question to S-Cross owners and/or to other members in the know about the Touchscreen Infotainment System in the S-Cross. Is it the same one as in the Baleno & Ciaz ? Is there anyway I can procure a separate unit for use in Maruti variants that doesn't come with it ?
It is the same. Considering it does not look that greatly integrated in terms of design, why not look at better aftermarket options from the likes of Pioneer or Alipne? I'm sure they can be had for less money and ought to outperform the OEM system in nearly every measurable way
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 23:42   #4833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Very much frustrated now. I have diagnosed my Scross 1.6 two times now for black smoke .they solve the issue temporarily both times but again Black smoke is there.while normal driving my car emits light smoke everytime i touch the accelerator and emits heavy black smoke whenever i press the pedal hard. Everytime turbo charger kicks in i can see black smoke behind me.i don't doubt their honest effort to solve the issue both times but seems like maruti service guys have less knowledge about 1.6 engine :( have filled fuel from 3 different fuel pump now but same issue. Contacted them again and this time service manager told me to leave the car with them on monday and promised me they will diagnose the issue this time permanently.dont know what to do now.
This is not good. Hope Maruti takes the issue seriously and solves the problem. It does not give a great deal of confidence if the M.A.S.S people do not have knowledge about the 1.6 MJD. Did you try escalating to the regional service head?
Old 5th June 2016, 10:17   #4834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

Members/Owners of S-Cross reporting poor quality HID lights, Vibrating Projectors, Aircon losing its cooling power, reduction in mileage, problems with smoke and MSIL's inability to solve the case yet, rattling of windows, exposed Fuel Lines and finally the recall for faulty brake parts; made the scale tip towards the Creta.
Cross posting this from the Hyundai Creta thread where @MAS has made a really good comparison between S-Cross and Creta. I am really surprised to see these many niggles in Suzuki's premium product and this is supposed to the best product, in the current line-up, of Suzuki in India. I hope Suzuki do not take the Indian customers for granted and really address the above problems.

Last edited by searacer932 : 5th June 2016 at 10:18.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 11:22   #4835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Cross posting this from the Hyundai Creta thread where @MAS has made a really good comparison between S-Cross and Creta. I am really surprised to see these many niggles in Suzuki's premium product and this is supposed to the best product, in the current line-up, of Suzuki in India. I hope Suzuki do not take the Indian customers for granted and really address the above problems.
I am yet to escalate this issue to maruti India. Right now i am dealing with nearest service centre only. If this time they fail to solve this then will mail maruti.i am experiencing no performance loss so i am not that worried though.i have turned down creta for Scross 1.6 and i am more than happy with my choice.my experience with Hyundai in past (i20 used for 6 years) is worse.not all Scross facing issues.My Service advisor literally beg me to contact them first before i mail maruti i bought Scross 1.6 for pure driving experience. If i wanted best looking car then would have chosen Creta but somehow Scross look have grown on me with time ( with added custom alloys and urban blue shade ) everytime i drive 1.6 on highways it brings smile to my face.thats what you buy new car for
Also i am yet to understand why people consider Recall as a negative thing?
Old 5th June 2016, 12:19   #4836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post

I am yet to escalate this issue to maruti India. Right now i am dealing with nearest service centre only.
My Service advisor literally beg me to contact them first before i mail maruti
I have emailed Nexa and Maruti several times over several issues ranging from rattling windows, their bad pricing strategy, then random offerings of refunds and maintenance packages to some folks. It went no where and I don't believe it will go anywhere. Their Premiumness is just for namesake

I didn't even get notified by my RM about recall and neither did my service advisor bring it up during service. When I asked him about it he said, IF there is a recall, they will do it for my car. :(

Anyways, I ensured that the calipers were replaced during service since I had cross checked via their website that my car is part of the recall.

However, the maruti service centers do a good job mostly of fixing the problems for cars sold through nexa. I have an excellent relationship with them so far and they are very willing to look into problems and resolve it. I figured that they beg at you to approach them first because regardless of what complaint you may raise with Maruti, they will always make it look like the fault of the service center. Pretty bad on part of Maruti
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 12:31   #4837
BHPian

Hello fellow owners,
Has anyone purchased good quality floor mats for S-Cross. I'm Searching for maxpider 3D mats, but not able to find it anywhere.
If anyone is aware about any other options, please share.
Old 5th June 2016, 12:58   #4838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post

I didn't even get notified by my RM about recall and neither did my service advisor bring it up during service. When I asked him about it he said, IF there is a recall, they will do it for my car. :(
Didn't you get a recall notification letter from Maruti ?
Old 5th June 2016, 13:03   #4839
Team-BHP Support

Neither did I get any intimation from Maruti.
Old 5th June 2016, 13:27   #4840
Senior - BHPian

I got this by post.
However, its from the dealer not from Maruti.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-office-lens-20160605131801.jpg
Old 5th June 2016, 13:44   #4841
BHPian

My S-Cross has crossed 15K KMs in 9 months. I'm still on JK Elanzo stock tyres. It started giving cracks at many locations mainly on treads. May be it will run for another 15-20K Kms. Will be upgrading to 225/55 R16 during the first change.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160605_112809_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160605_113048_hdr.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 13:46   #4842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
My S-Cross has crossed 15K KMs in 9 months. I'm still on JK Elanzo stock tyres. It started giving cracks at many locations mainly on treads. May be it will run for another 15-20K Kms. Will be upgrading to 225/55 R16 during the first change.
I think it's not recommended to keep using a cracked tyre.

Did you check whether the sidewalls have any cracks?
Old 5th June 2016, 14:24   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
I think it's not recommended to keep using a cracked tyre.

Did you check whether the sidewalls have any cracks?
No sidewall cracks. They have not gone into the condition which warrants immediate replacement. Will run for another 10K KMs with monitoring. By the by, I was working in a leading tyre manufacturing company for 8 years (On shop floor) and have little bit of knowledge on tyres.
Old 5th June 2016, 14:29   #4844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
No sidewall cracks. They have not gone into the condition which warrants immediate replacement. Will run for another 10K KMs with monitoring. By the by, I was working in a leading tyre manufacturing company for 8 years (On shop floor) and have little bit of knowledge on tyres.
Okay, so do you then recommend using tyres even if they have cracks?
Old 5th June 2016, 14:36   #4845
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, so do you then recommend using tyres even if they have cracks?
I do not recommend.

There are many types of cracks. These are OK. not gone into the deep to the carcass of the tyre. Also it's scattered and not developing (means not increasing in length / depth). JK elanzo is a hard compound tyre and it will develop some cracks.

Do not advise running tyres with cracks if you are not able to monitor and assess the issue. I monitor my tyres and will be able to take a decision depending on the condition.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks