Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 20:15   #4861
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
In my case Maruti first accepted my booking of 1.6 Delta, later accepted and held full payment for sometime and returned money saying 1.6 Delta can't be delivered ! How bothersome these things are? They wanted me to go for Alpha which I declined.
So guys after two months of effort for 1.6, finally settled and booked 1.3 Delta today. In deciding between 1.3 and 1.6, I was really torn! Thankfully its over now.

Guys does anyone have clue on the lead time for 1.3 Delta. RM promised maximum 30 days delivery time.
Old 6th June 2016, 21:02   #4862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
My S-Cross has crossed 15K KMs in 9 months. I'm still on JK Elanzo stock tyres. It started giving cracks at many locations mainly on treads. May be it will run for another 15-20K Kms. Will be upgrading to 225/55 R16 during the first change.
225/55-16 is an overkill for the S Cross. It may be a fast car, but 225 is just too much. Stick to 205/60-16 tyres. Continental MC5, Michelin P3ST, etc...
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 21:10   #4863
BHPian

Hello Fellow Bhpians & S-Cross Owners, The search for a new car in my garage has finally ended. I've booked S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in Granite Grey Color and the delivery is scheduled this Thursday.

1.Would like to thank all the members and fellow S-Cross owners for their opinion in this thread.

2.Special thanks to S2 & Rehaan for the official review, sandygordon, volkman10, sudeepg, pannags, ajay_satpute, Mi10 and Dr.Naren for their respective ownership reviews.

3.Special thanks to GTO, kpzen, a4anurag, IshaanIan, vb-san, swiftnfurious, shankar.balan and abhinav.s for their expert opinions.

4. And last but not least Abhinav...who just didn't allow me to pick 1.3 version. @ Abhinav, you better owe me the 4 lakhs buddy
Keynote is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 21:25   #4864
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
I've booked S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in Granite Grey Color and the delivery is scheduled this Thursday.
Congratulations buddy on the S Cross.

You're getting a gem of a car and grab it as soon as possible.

Awaiting pictures and ownership review of the beast.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th June 2016 at 23:41. Reason: Typo (Your > You're).
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 21:52   #4865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
And last but not least Abhinav...who just didn't allow me to pick 1.3 version. @ Abhinav, you better owe me the 4 lakhs buddy
You will truly enjoy the beast and forget about the extra dough you had to shell out, dont worry!! Congratulations!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 22:03   #4866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
These look OK to me. Why 225 / 55 r 16? Are you planning to change the alloys? Also, which tyre are you upgrading to ?

The JK Elnazo's are not confidence inspiring at all, especially in rains.
JK is OK for city drives. If high way run is more, definitely needs replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If you plan on using similar tyres to the JK's then sure 225 would be good but if you are upgrading to more tarmac based stickier rubber, then trust me 205 is more than adequate any wider would simply result in a loss of performance and mileage. So if you are planning on buying better tyres, 205 section will give you more than enough grip and any more than that would be overkill especially for the 1.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
225/55-16 is an overkill for the S Cross. It may be a fast car, but 225 is just too much. Stick to 205/60-16 tyres. Continental MC5, Michelin P3ST, etc...
Had a thought for upsizing the tyre. Now that plan is shelved. Will stick to the original size. Bridge stone / Michelin / Pirelli these are under consideration.
Old 6th June 2016, 23:02   #4867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Very much frustrated now. I have diagnosed my Scross 1.6 two times now for black smoke .they solve the issue temporarily both times but again Black smoke is there.while normal driving my car emits light smoke everytime i touch the accelerator and emits heavy black smoke whenever i press the pedal hard. Everytime turbo charger kicks in i can see black smoke behind me.i don't doubt their honest effort to solve the issue both times but seems like maruti service guys have less knowledge about 1.6 engine :( have filled fuel from 3 different fuel pump now but same issue. Contacted them again and this time service manager told me to leave the car with them on monday and promised me they will diagnose the issue this time permanently.dont know what to do now.

Noticed this today. Was on my way to work in the morning and on the open highway, there was an 1.6 scross just ahead of me. Both were accelerating since the open roads but the scross left smoke behind like an old call Center Indica would. Was appalled looking at this! Also, there seemed to be some kind of blackish area on the white bumper caused by the black smoke? Not sure if it wasn't well maintained or if it's just the black smoke as an issue the car faces. Nevertheless I couldn't keep up with it, it just kept going, until there was slight traffic ahead
Old 6th June 2016, 23:22   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
there seemed to be some kind of blackish area on the white bumper caused by the black smoke? Not sure if it wasn't well maintained or if it's just the black smoke as an issue the car faces
The blackish area on the lower part of the bumper is caused by this black smoke only. It is more prominent on white colour, although our silver Etios also has very slight deposit on the bumper.
Old 7th June 2016, 03:14   #4869
BHPian

Quote:
Also, there seemed to be some kind of blackish area on the white bumper caused by the black smoke? Not sure if it wasn't well maintained or if it's just the black smoke as an issue the car faces. Nevertheless I couldn't keep up with it, it just kept going, until there was slight traffic ahead
The bumpers in S Cross are black. Surprised to see that have come across a bumper in white! . Anyway had this issue with Micra.
Old 7th June 2016, 08:46   #4870
Senior - BHPian

I noticed that several members have commented at various times that the S Cross 1.6 is likely to be discontinued, since 1.6 engines have been imported in limited numbers and that once this quota gets over, the production is likely to be stopped for this variant

However, there are other opinions stating that 1.6 engine production is likely to be localised in the near future, and therefore no question of the engine being discontinued.

Im confused between the conflicting views, can members please clarify what is the correct position, i.e.
(1) Is 1.6 likely to be discontinued?
(2) Is localisation a reality?
(3) How many 1.6 engines have been imported- any news on this?
Old 7th June 2016, 08:54   #4871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Im confused between the conflicting views, can members please clarify what is the correct position, i.e.
Whether the 1.6 engine will continue or be discontinued in Maruti Suzuki's lineup of products will be just a mere speculation.

If you like the car just buy it, Service / parts support will be provided by Maruti Suzuki for the next ten years, even if discontinued
Old 7th June 2016, 08:56   #4872
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed this today. Was on my way to work in the morning and on the open highway, there was an 1.6 scross just ahead of me. Both were accelerating since the open roads but the scross left smoke behind like an old call Center Indica would. Was appalled looking at this! Also, there seemed to be some kind of blackish area on the white bumper caused by the black smoke? Not sure if it wasn't well maintained or if it's just the black smoke as an issue the car faces. Nevertheless I couldn't keep up with it, it just kept going, until there was slight traffic ahead
Seems like i am not the only one with this black smoke issue.its just embarrassing to see my new car leaving too much black smoke.looks like now maruti will interfere in this now as other people are reporting same.i dont understand it all.sometimes car behaves normally.no smoke or very less smoke when accelerating and sometimes even on slight acceleration it leaves too much smoke.1.3 scross are safe i guess.

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 7th June 2016 at 08:57.
Old 7th June 2016, 09:01   #4873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Whether the 1.6 engine will continue or be discontinued in Maruti Suzuki's lineup of products will be just a mere speculation.
Volkman, thanks for the reply. While I am certainly interested in the car, and was quite smitten by my test drive, I unfortunately don't have the resources presently to make the purchase of an S Cross this year. I will be looking to change my car sometime next year. And hence, the apprehension that the1.6 may be discontinued and I may have missed the bus by then

I was also wondering what is the source of this speculation- is it information gleaned from NEXA personnel?
Old 7th June 2016, 10:32   #4874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
While I agree with you, that for the 1.3 engine stock size is quite fine, could you please let us know if the following sizes are available in India?

205/55R17
215/50R17

Cheers!
Old 7th June 2016, 11:07   #4875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I noticed that several members have commented at various times that the S Cross 1.6 is likely to be discontinued, since 1.6 engines have been imported in limited numbers and that once this quota gets over, the production is likely to be stopped for this variant

However, there are other opinions stating that 1.6 engine production is likely to be localised in the near future, and therefore no question of the engine being discontinued.

There is no official confirmation by Maruti about 1.6 engine. Maruti has not imported a single engine in 2016. Around 4500 units were imported in 2015. I got my 1.6 last month. But engine is produced atleast 1 year before (confirmed this by looking at various tags on engine parts). Maruti has not yet started localisation of 1.6 engine. I have good rapport with service guys and got information that Maruti is going to discontinue 1.6 and that's the reason for not importing any new engines. There should be no problem even if 1.6 is discontinued. Maruti will provide the spares. Since you are planning to buy after few months, I too don't know if 1.6 would be available then.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks