Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:44   #3361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

DDiS200 and DDiS320 differ a bit in Zeta and Alpha variants.

DDiS200 Zeta will not have leather wrapped steering wheel but gets Cruise control

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd February 2016 at 16:03.
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:49   #3362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

DDiS200 Zeta will not have leather wrapped steering wheel but gets Cruise control
I did not notice that 1.3 Zeta misses leather wrapped steering wheel in comparison with 1.6 zeta.

To summarize, 1.3 Zeta gets ACC and Cruise control over 1.6 Zeta. Whereas 1.6 gets leather wrapped steering and auto IRVM :(.
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:49   #3363
Senior - BHPian

Finally, bit the bullet and jumped the gun...

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-imag285301.jpeg
Mi10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:37   #3364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Zeta comes with leather wrapped steering wheel. My 1.6 has leather wrapped.
Have they removed this from 1.3 zeta?
This is the one of things missing (with Auto IRVM) in 1.3 zeta compared to 1.6 zeta. 1.3 zeta gets Auto AC, Cruise Control and Reverse Parking Camera.

Last edited by sagara999 : 22nd February 2016 at 16:39.
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:31   #3365
Senior - BHPian

I am seriously thinking of getting the auto-dimming IRVM fitted in my S-Cross. For some weird reasons, the kind of seating position I drive with, the lights from rear vehicles exactly are at my eye level. Its way too torturing in the nights. I never faced this problem at such high level with my Vista.
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:48   #3366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Phew! What are the characteristics of the car now? Did you manage to reduce the initial turbo lag?
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:22   #3367
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1479057
Goodness!! What did you turn him into!?!

You'd better be careful not to let the car take off the ground!!
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:44   #3368
BHPian

Having a strange problem from last few days with Bluetooth. While making or receiving phone calls, the call connects but can't hear anything and what I speak is not heard by the other party. The music playing on car entertainment unit continues to play. Tried factory reset but it hasn't resolved the issue. Any suggestions?
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:18   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Phew! What are the characteristics of the car now? Did you manage to reduce the initial turbo lag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Goodness!! What did you turn him into!?!

You'd better be careful not to let the car take off the ground!!
Just updated my thread, guys! Please check there for your queries
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:37   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Having a strange problem from last few days with Bluetooth. While making or receiving phone calls, the call connects but can't hear anything and what I speak is not heard by the other party. The music playing on car entertainment unit continues to play. Tried factory reset but it hasn't resolved the issue. Any suggestions?
The problem might be with your phone. Try pairing some other phone.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 23:24   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
The problem might be with your phone. Try pairing some other phone.
Thanks so much dude. Your direction worked. I connected other phone and it worked fine confirming that there was nothing wrong with the car. I then checked my phone carefully and realized that there were two Bluetooth profiles for "My Car". Deleted both of them and paired once again. Everything is back to normal.

Thanks again. 😃😃
@viral is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 00:43   #3372
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1479057
Is the torque and power delivery more linear now? Getting pushed back into the seat each time the turbo kicks can be quite uncomfortable for the passengers. My family members and friends felt it during the TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Don't know why they did it that way. They should have kept the same feature list. 1.6 delta to alpha is a big jump on features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I am seriously thinking of getting the auto-dimming IRVM fitted in my S-Cross. For some weird reasons, the kind of seating position I drive with, the lights from rear vehicles exactly are at my eye level. Its way too torturing in the nights. I never faced this problem at such high level with my Vista.
Isn't there a manual adjustment for the IVRM for nighttime driving that you can flick to.

So guys maybe on Wednesday I will be visiting NEXA to book the S-Cross. Have decided to go with 1.3 Zeta. Is the 1.6 Zeta worth going for incase budget is permitting ? I found that the sudden kick of turbo isn't the best thing to have for daily commuting. Don't know if it's something that needs to be given time to get used to. I am not a very experienced driver but my father is. The dealer also gave me an option to switch to brezza if I want to later on after booking as they own a regular maruti dealership too. I have been finding it hard to make a decision. Had originally started with Punto 90hp but switched to scross because of after sales issues. Would love to get at least a couple of opinions. I have gone through the ownership reviews but still not able to make out what is suitable for me.
Old 23rd February 2016, 02:43   #3373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...So guys maybe on Wednesday I will be visiting NEXA to book the S-Cross. Have decided to go with 1.3 Zeta. Is the 1.6 Zeta worth going for incase budget is permitting ? I found that the sudden kick of turbo isn't the best thing to have for daily commuting. Don't know if it's something that needs to be given time to get used to.

...Would love to get at least a couple of opinions. I have gone through the ownership reviews but still not able to make out what is suitable for me.
The turbo thrust will come into play only if you are hard on the pedal. If you drive smooth & easy, it'll be a tamed tiger. If you are not a person who drives fast, pick a 1.3 please. The car you buy should satisfy your criteria even if it's not the general opinion.

On the features, you need to first shortlist what are the MUST HAVEs. Based on it, take a call.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd February 2016 at 02:45.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:09   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
So guys maybe on Wednesday I will be visiting NEXA to book the S-Cross. Have decided to go with 1.3 Zeta. Is the 1.6 Zeta worth going for incase budget is permitting ? I found that the sudden kick of turbo isn't the best thing to have for daily commuting. Don't know if it's something that needs to be given time to get used to.
As I wrote earlier ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
A short test drive that ensued, confirmed that the 1.3 MJD was tuned to be able to make driving in rush hour traffic easy.

I was relieved and elated, both, as we did speeds of 110-120 kmph without the X-O showing any signs of weariness, that too under 3000 rpm.

The mild effect of turbo kicking could be felt at ~ 1700-1800 rpm range - not a shove, but smooth and sweet thrust!
The effect of the turbo kicking-in is something that my folks don't feel comfortable about. In fact, although the DDiS200 is the punier engine, the turbo effect can be easily felt in the 2nd and 3rd gears.

My take - TD both the 1.6 and 1.3, while keeping the Vitara Brezza as your plan-C.
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:20   #3375
BHPian

Well if you want zero lag diesel buy a ford ecosport or aspire. They drive like petrols but with good economy.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd February 2016 at 19:36. Reason: u > you. Please avoid using sms lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks