Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2016, 01:01   #3421
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Expecting to make a decision tomorrow. 1.3 Alpha if they offer a discount will be the first choice. Blue and Silver are the colors that I liked. Wanted to visit as late as possible to check out all features which will be useful at night like auto projector headlamps and auto IVRM. Anybody got pics of projector throw compared to the standard one in S-Cross?

Last edited by anycatd : 27th February 2016 at 01:07. Reason: added details
Old 27th February 2016, 09:51   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Turbo lag is more of psychological in 1.6. It is because of the strong turbo kick and good power post 2000 rpm, we get a feel of increased lag compared to 1.3 .Yes, there is lag. But it is not a deterring factor to buy. 1.6 is a torque monster on roads.
Though it's bit of a psychological issue, I feel there is lag. I can see it while driving within the city where you got to slow down (like say a bike cuts across) and then you have to accelerate to catch up the place. The car definitely doesn't pick up speed for two three seconds and there is a sudden rapid movement. Other cars catch up by then. The car begs to downshift to accelerate faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Encountered a strange issue today. My fuel meter was almost on the second last bar and I checked the distance to empty, it showed 53 kms. After driving for around 12 kms, the low fuel lamp got activated. Not sure why this difference. Have any of you encountered this?
If the distance to empty was showing 53 kms isn't it supposed to show the low fuel lamp? I assume reserve to be 8 litres from what I've experienced. And I feel when the fuel is low, the accuracy decreases, because after a certain point, the float is unable to accurately determine. I'm no way a technical guy, so may be grossly wrong.

My ICE behaves awkwardly at least once a days. It'll hang up for two seconds or when connected to bluetooth wouldn't be able to place a call. It gets rectified automatically or will have to switch it off and again switch on. Am I the only one who's experiencing this?

S-cross is definitely a driver's delight and a car which will satisfy many enthusiasts. The car has done poorly when it comes to sales figures, but see the number of team BHPians owning one. If we have a ratio, of number of Team BHPians owning one : to number cars actually sold, the ratio will be one of the highest. Also, see the number of posts since launch in this thread. Isn't it surprisingly good? Compared to Creta (though launched later) and sales being very good the number of posts are relatively less , May be S cross owners find Team BHP is the only place where they can share the happiness of their purchase. Everywhere else they'll have to face the two most irritating question. S-cross whats that? Why S Cross, why not Creta/XUV?
Dani7766 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 11:46   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Though it's bit of a psychological issue, I feel there is lag. I can see it while driving within the city where you got to slow down (like say a bike cuts across) and then you have to accelerate to catch up the place. The car definitely doesn't pick up speed for two three seconds and there is a sudden rapid movement. Other cars catch up by then. The car begs to downshift to accelerate faster.
I was having problem with ICE. Did a factory reset lost all saved destinations on navigation. Deleted all my car Bluetooth profiles from phone. Has been working fine since then.

Can't agree more with you about the quality of this thread.

Last edited by ampere : 27th February 2016 at 13:03. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 27th February 2016, 20:50   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post

I could test drive only the 1.3 and will get to lay my hands on 1.6 only on this Sunday now. Eagerly looking forward to that.

My list of shortlisted cars has a +1 and S Cross is the new entrant
Finally got to lay my hands on the 1.6 engine. I was the first visitor at the showroom even before my SA had come. Me and wife just kept sitting around in one of the display cars. Then another SA said lets go for the ride.

The test car had run for 14.x Kms and was showing a FE of 10.4. I was a little taken back by this. Didn't mention it to my wife and kept quiet. On starting the car I felt the engine is loud. The feel of the clutch was also a little different and the 1.3 had shorter gear lever throws (I might be wrong here).

The first gear helped the car pull well. Once I reached the main road I shifted up and was actually short shifting. The moment I saw an open stretch of road I pushed the pedal down and glanced at the tachometer. The moment it hit 1750 I could feel being pushed back into my seat.

From there on I don't remember much. Perhaps I was on the 3rd gear. The only thing I recall is my wife telling the SA that we are taking this for a longer ride I hope you have no issues.

When I returned I had a grin on my face and said to my wife that 'the' forum members advised me to test drive many cars and whichever puts a grin on your face is the car you should go for.

1.6 S Cross did put a grin on my face

Regards
DV
deevee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 21:52   #3425

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
It's 1.6 delta. On road in Bangalore is 11.30l. Thanks very much for the wishes sir

Girish
Hi Girish,

Does this price of 11.30L include insurance and extended warranty? I got a quote of 12.9L including insurance and extended warranty. Wondering how come there is such a high difference.
Old 27th February 2016, 22:01   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
I was having problem with ICE. Did a factory reset lost all saved destinations on navigation. Deleted all my car Bluetooth profiles from phone. Has been working fine since then.

Can't agree more with you about the quality of this thread.
Makes me wonder if I should ditch the Zeta 1.3 and go for Sigma 1.3. That way I can customize with things which are according to my taste. I've heard that the base model gets huge discounts.

Today I visited Nexa for a third time. Two S-Cross and one Baleno were readied for delivery. Many more in line. Place was buzzing for the first time. Seems like NEXA sales are picking up.
Old 27th February 2016, 23:32   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrono_me View Post
Hi Girish,

Does this price of 11.30L include insurance and extended warranty? I got a quote of 12.9L including insurance and extended warranty. Wondering how come there is such a high difference.
12.92L is the on-road price of 2015 model 1.6 delta in Bangalore after price revision.

Mine is 2015 model vehicle and its blue in colour. Thats the reason for massive discounts.

Yes, the price is inclusive of standard accessories, bumper to bumper zero depreciation insurance and road tax along with 4 years or 80k warranty.

Last I heard, they had one more of a 1.6 delta at Kalyani. Please check that out if you are still interested.

garish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 00:53   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
12.92L is the on-road price of 2015 model 1.6 delta in Bangalore after price revision.

Mine is 2015 model vehicle and its blue in colour. Thats the reason for massive discounts.

Yes, the price is inclusive of standard accessories, bumper to bumper zero depreciation insurance and road tax along with 4 years or 80k warranty.

Last I heard, they had one more of a 1.6 delta at Kalyani. Please check that out if you are still interested.

garish
Any features that you miss from the higher variants? Adjustable seat maybe?
Can the central armrest be installed on a sigma variant and also the gear knob?
Old 28th February 2016, 10:10   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Makes me wonder if I should ditch the Zeta 1.3 and go for Sigma 1.3. That way I can customize with things which are according to my taste. I've heard that the base model gets huge discounts.

Today I visited Nexa for a third time. Two S-Cross and one Baleno were readied for delivery. Many more in line. Place was buzzing for the first time. Seems like NEXA sales are picking up.
Customisation might not be as simple as it sounds but then it depends on your preference. If you already know someone who is into customisation and can get good work done for you then it might be a good idea but finding someone out and spending that kind of time to get the customisation done may be a drain on your regular schedule. Validity of warranty might be another concern with lot of customization being done. IMHO Go for a model-where stock features satisfy your basic needs.
@viral is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 10:18   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Unless you are getting a big discount I think 1.3 zeta is the best value for money if one is considering s-cross. Other than projector headlamps you end up getting all features. In comparison 1.6 zeta isn't that good. In my opinion after market, actually ends up getting more expensive and the quality doesn't match factory fittings. Unless you are wanting a big ICE upgrade, I feel 1.3 zeta is vfm.
Dani7766 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 14:02   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Unless you are getting a big discount I think 1.3 zeta is the best value for money if one is considering s-cross. Other than projector headlamps you end up getting all features. In comparison 1.6 zeta isn't that good. In my opinion after market, actually ends up getting more expensive and the quality doesn't match factory fittings. Unless you are wanting a big ICE upgrade, I feel 1.3 zeta is vfm.
The most high end ICE will cost 50k. Other accessories are also not that expensive. 8.5 lakhs is what i belive the base model will cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Customisation might not be as simple as it sounds but then it depends on your preference. If you already know someone who is into customisation and can get good work done for you then it might be a good idea but finding someone out and spending that kind of time to get the customisation done may be a drain on your regular schedule. Validity of warranty might be another concern with lot of customization being done. IMHO Go for a model-where stock features satisfy your basic needs.
Yeah i realized that. Doing customization might generate a lot of rattles. Our monthly running is quite currently so was thinking of reducing the investment.
Old 28th February 2016, 14:14   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
The most high end ICE will cost 50k. Other accessories are also not that expensive. 8.5 lakhs is what i belive the base model will cost.

Yeah i realized that. Doing customization might generate a lot of rattles. Our monthly running is quite currently so was thinking of reducing the investment.
I am using a 1.3 Alpha and it is really cool. The only thing I probably miss are the DRLs Otherwise it gives a fair sense of luxury.
@viral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 14:41   #3433
BHPian

I booked a 1.6 Zeta, Caffeine Brown yesterday. Though am still a little confused between 1.3 Alpha and 1.6 Zeta. The dealer offered 1L cash discount for 2015 model (and only 1 in stock for this color). Waiting to close the paperwork soon and take delivery.
slakhs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 09:20   #3434
BHPian

Quote:

If the distance to empty was showing 53 kms isn't it supposed to show the low fuel lamp? I assume reserve to be 8 litres from what I've experienced. And I feel when the fuel is low, the accuracy decreases, because after a certain point, the float is unable to accurately determine. I'm no way a technical guy, so may be grossly wrong.
I think my understanding of this concept was incorrect. I was assuming that the distance to empty is the number of kms before the low fuel lamp is activated. I assumed this considering that once the warning is activated, the distance to empty does not show any value. It just shows blanks.
Old 29th February 2016, 11:35   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
I think my understanding of this concept was incorrect. I was assuming that the distance to empty is the number of kms before the low fuel lamp is activated. I assumed this considering that once the warning is activated, the distance to empty does not show any value. It just shows blanks.
It is not distance to empty but Driving Range. So it is telling us the approximate distance that the car will travel based on current mileage and the quantity of fuel in the tank. I guess the car is aware of fuel status at certain steps (e.g. full, full*3/4, full*2/4, full*1/4, etc.) and beyond a point it just knows that the tank has less than min quantity but it is not aware of the exact quantity left in tank. So to avoid showing wrong range figures, it just stops displaying the driving range.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screen-shot-20160229-11.33.39-am.png  

@viral is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks