Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2016, 00:27   #3526
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
@anycatd - Buddy, please don't get me wrong. But please make sure you are not being taken for a ride (by your dealer) before you complete the purchase. Firstly, none of us have heard of a Zeta Limited Edition. The Limited edition was based on the Delta model, where they added alloys, Fog lamps, reverse camera and some additional features. Probably the dealer was trying to say that it is the limited edition variant similar to the Zeta

When you say there is NO infotainment system, do you mean that it is missing the Smartplay infotainment system or no system at all? Sigma is the only variant without any infotainment system and Delta is the only variant with non-touch screen audio player. If the car offered to is a 1.3 Zeta model, it should have the below features. Even if one of these is missing - believe me, it is not Zeta variant. I don't think any manufacturer will remove features from a limited edition.
  • Engine Push button start + pure keyless entry
  • ACC
  • Cruise Control
  • Driver Seat Height adjuster
  • Rear demister + washer + wiper
  • Electrically foldable ORVM with integrated LED Turn indicator
  • Rear Armrest
Please be vigilant and make the right call.

Thanks!!
I'm the last person they should be trying to take on a ride. Only infotainment missing. I guess there was a shortage of these systems. Zeta 1.3 is the highest selling model so maybe they've come up with this idea to continue sales. I still wanted the normal zeta but stocks ran out. I am even considering dropping S Cross now and going for a used car till something better comes up. Making a decision is getting real tough. What I'm not sure about is whether I'll run the car enough to justify the investment. Car mostly used during monsoon. Otherwise monthly running is about 1000 kms only.

Last edited by anycatd : 6th March 2016 at 00:33. Reason: typo
Old 6th March 2016, 00:31   #3527
Senior - BHPian

DDIS 320 - Sleek Side view

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-kps_57533rd.jpg
kpzen is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 07:51   #3528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Post budget here are the OTR prices ( Bangalore) of S Cross, ( ex show room price increases by ~Rs. 35400 for DDiS320 Alpha )

Attachment 1483031
Posting this based on a query. I got the new price list for Pune.
Comparing the prices of 1.6 Alpha
Old Price (ex showroom)-1204545
New Price (Ex Showroom)-1262826
That equates to a hike of 58281/-
How is that possible?
Even with a 4% increase over the old exshowroom, it would be a increase of 48181.80/- only.
Pic 1- Revised prices
Pic 2- Old prices
Both are from Sai Service,Pune
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-new.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-old.jpg  

Last edited by rakesh_r : 6th March 2016 at 07:53.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 08:08   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
How is that possible?
Even with a 4% increase over the old exshowroom, it would be a increase of 48181.80/- only.
Pic 1- Revised prices
Pic 2- Old prices
It seems that the price reduction Maruti brought in was only for 2015 Models.

There is an additional increase of 1% on luxury cars exceeding Rs 10 Lakhs proposed in the budget and the total increase comes to 5%
Old 6th March 2016, 08:38   #3530
BHPian

There is a 2015 1.6 Zeta on offer in Hyderabad. Anyone looking to seriously consider the same, please PM me for the SA contacts.

Color: Silver
OTR: 12,20,000/-. All inclusive, not sure about any accessories though.
Old 6th March 2016, 09:45   #3531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
It seems that the price reduction Maruti brought in was only for 2015 Models.

There is an additional increase of 1% on luxury cars exceeding Rs 10 Lakhs proposed in the budget and the total increase comes to 5%
But AFAIK the 1% is applicable only from June 1st.If the 1% was applicable it should have been reflected on the ex showroom prices of Bangalore also which volkman had shared.
If we compare the price rise in Pune Vs Bangalore, the increase should have been very much similar. Moreover I did see in the times of India which did stated that the max price increase by Maruti was 35k which is true in case of Bangalore but very much absurd for Pune, latter being not even a metro.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 6th March 2016 at 09:50.
Old 6th March 2016, 10:08   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
But AFAIK the 1% is applicable only from June 1st.If the 1% was applicable it should have been reflected on the ex showroom prices of Bangalore also which volkman had shared.
If we compare the price rise in Pune Vs Bangalore, the increase should have been very much similar. Moreover I did see in the times of India which did stated that the max price increase by Maruti was 35k which is true in case of Bangalore but very much absurd for Pune, latter being not even a metro.
I just took the price details from Nexaexperience for Pune. It shows DDiS 320 Alpha price as Rs. 1236866.

Please check with the dealer how he is quoting a much higher ex-showroom price
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-nexa_pune.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 11:37   #3533
BHPian

Quote:
I'm facing a problem with the infotainment system in my 1.3 Zeta.

If I connect the Ipod (I have a 120GB one) it plays the tracks. But most of the time the display gets hanged and not able to change to Radio / Bluetooth. The 4 quadrant display does not respond except to the navigation. The music tracks can be changed from the buttons on steering wheel.
I'm having similar sort of lag when enabled MirrorLink with my Xperia phone. The good thing is that I can have my 4th quadrant available and mobile apps like maps can be mirrored.
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 12:10   #3534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
---
How is that possible?
Quote:
Moreover I did see in the times of India which did stated that the max price increase by Maruti was 35k which is true in case of Bangalore but very much absurd for Pune, latter being not even a metro.
There is definitely some mistake in the pricing your dealer has given it. Check Maruti Suzuki's official statement or its webpage. The max price hike will be on S Cross and that is what translates to ~ Rs. 34,494 /ex showroom pricing.

http://m.ibnlive.com/news/auto/marut...4-1211028.html
Old 6th March 2016, 12:36   #3535
BHPian

Some snaps of my Granite Grey beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-12.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-14.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-16.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-17.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-18.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 15:43   #3536
BHPian

Quote:
How is that possible?
Pic 1- Revised prices
Pic 2- Old prices
Why does the price increase for company?

Quote:
Some snaps of my Granite Grey beauty.
Alloys do hurt the look quite a bit.

Quote:
I just took the price details from Nexaexperience for Pune. It shows DDiS 320 Alpha price as Rs. 1236866.

Please check with the dealer how he is quoting a much higher ex-showroom price
Goa is not listed yet on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Respect? For S-Cross?? No buddy. There is absolutely no respect for this beast Even though it has a tiger's heart, it looks like a poor cat outside. It is usually looked at as a hatchback and does not intimidate anyone with its non-SUV looks, unlike a Creta or a Duster, which commands a lot of respect. I am sure, once Brezza is out, it will get more respect than what my poor S-Cross gets.

@anycatd - Buddy, please don't get me wrong. But please make sure you are not being taken for a ride (by your dealer) before you complete the purchase. Firstly, none of us have heard of a Zeta Limited Edition. The Limited edition was based on the Delta model, where they added alloys, Fog lamps, reverse camera and some additional features. Probably the dealer was trying to say that it is the limited edition variant similar to the Zeta

When you say there is NO infotainment system, do you mean that it is missing the Smartplay infotainment system or no system at all? Sigma is the only variant without any infotainment system and Delta is the only variant with non-touch screen audio player. If the car offered to is a 1.3 Zeta model, it should have the below features. Even if one of these is missing - believe me, it is not Zeta variant. I don't think any manufacturer will remove features from a limited edition.
  • Engine Push button start + pure keyless entry
  • ACC
  • Cruise Control
  • Driver Seat Height adjuster
  • Rear demister + washer + wiper
  • Electrically foldable ORVM with integrated LED Turn indicator
  • Rear Armrest
Please be vigilant and make the right call.

Thanks!!
Quote:
I'm also not heard about this 1.3 Zeta limited edition without the infotainment system.

@anycatd. You mean this limited edition Zeta comes with Cruise control, but no infotainment system. looks some what strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I thought the limited edition was only for Sigma and Delta editions. Zeta edition without infotainment system sounds a bit illogical to me.
The limited edition is mentioned in the price lists posted above. Its 32000 less than the Zeta. I want to know how the chrome accessories are attached to the car. I don't want the chrome on hatchdoor in limited edition.

Has anyone upgraded their ICE? Will call controls work with a pioneer ICE?

Anybody can give me an idea about the ownership costs annually? Just need some values to do final calculations. D-day tomorrow. Have to buy it or leave it.

Last edited by anycatd : 6th March 2016 at 16:07. Reason: Additional questions for fellow BHPians
Old 6th March 2016, 20:39   #3537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Making a decision is getting real tough. What I'm not sure about is whether I'll run the car enough to justify the investment. Car mostly used during monsoon. Otherwise monthly running is about 1000 kms only.
Trust me, you are not alone, I have been in the same boat and my wife keeps telling me, I don't think u would have spent so much time choosing your wife, jokes apart i have also decided to hold off till such time a good diesel automatic brings a smile and is within my budget.
Old 7th March 2016, 14:07   #3538

If I connect the Ipod (I have a 120GB one) it plays the tracks. But most of the time the display gets hanged and not able to change to Radio / Bluetooth. The 4 quadrant display does not respond except to the navigation. The music tracks can be changed from the buttons on steering wheel.

I was having a similar problem with a 64 GB pen drive which had some folders and video. Changed to 8GB pen drive of only audio and everything is working fine.
The system probably hangs if too much information is processed??
Old 7th March 2016, 16:58   #3539
BHPian

Dear S-Cross experts,

Thanks for all the insightful information shared on this thread. I have two questions.

1) I could not find EBD mentioned anywhere in S-Cross official website/documents. Instead only ABS is mentioned. Is EBD implied? If not then how safe is S-Cross ABS without EBD?

2) I understand that S-Cross alpha comes with leather seat covers which are basically made of PU leather. Based on my personal experience with coastal climate, PU leather seat covers is a terrible idea. I felt the same during my extended S-Cross Alpha test drive. My question: Is it possible to get M-Suzuki deliver S-Cross alpha with fabric seat covers? What would be the process?

Cheers,
Old 7th March 2016, 20:53   #3540
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea about the waiting time for S Cross?

When I enquired about the vehicle in january I was told that the car can be delivered in two weeks time. However, when my admn. dept. booked the 1.6 Alpha model in first week of Feb they were told that the delivery will be little delayed and pushed to March as we will get the 2016 model. Now the dealer has given the date of delivery to be around 30th April.

Has the demand for S cross really shot up or Maruti is focussing on Brezza ignoring the S cross? It was a tough choice for me between Duster and S cross but went ahead with S cross as folks at home liked its interiors very much. Now the new Duster is in market and I really wonder if I should cancel the booking in favour of Duster RXZ AWD?

I will appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks