Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2016, 03:20   #3586
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi Friends,
I was doing some research on Alloy wheels for S-cross and attached few models in paint for visual appeal.

I liked the OZ racing Gran turismo LM Matt Graphite which Suits Granite gray S-cross very well. Oz racing being expensive option, Can we get similar design with Matt Gray finish in India at cheaper price - Your opinions
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-oz-racing1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ava1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ava2.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-evo-.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-evo2.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-gtr1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-gtr3.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-gtr4.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-lenso1.jpg  

Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 08:10   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Will this impact warranty in any way?

Is this tuning permanent?
It is only flashed onto the memory of the ECM, the stock map for the car is stored with the tuner, and you can ask him to flash the stock map back in case you wish to revert to stock.

Quote:
What happens if during service tuning is reset by service center for some reason?
The service center does not flash the ECM on a routine basis, it performs the flash only when the manufacturer issues a directive to settle some minor issues, like the engine shut off while decelerating issue that plagued the Figo. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ware-ford.html) Even in the case that the map is somehow erased by the service center, most tuner provide free updates to the map and will flash it for free.

Quote:
Is there something to get it tuned again?
It is akin to loading a new program to the windows OS, which can be erased and reflashed N numbers of times. If my memory serves me right Mi10 flashed several iterations of the map for the Rapid till he was satisfied.

Quote:
Is it legal?
This is a grey area, but I am led to believe that most modifications are illegal.

Quote:
If the battery is disconnected for long duration will that impact this tuning?
No, the map is not stored in the volatile memory.

Quote:
What else can reset the tuning?
Other than flashing a new map, I don't think that anything else can corrupt the tune.

Quote:
Is it a service or hardware plugged in?
A hardware is used to connect to the OBD port of the car and the map is flashed. In certain newer cars the ECU does not support OBD flashing so it has to be bench flashed, a process in which the ECU is removed from the car and I believe electrical connections made to enable OBD flashing.

Quote:
Which stage did you choose 1,2,3,custom?
Quote:
How much does it cost?
OP can best answer.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th March 2016 at 08:43. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid inline responses = it is hard to quote and respond to inline responses. Thanks!
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 10:03   #3588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Just did the remap in the evening at Code6 garage in Cochin
Initial impressions are AWESOME...
Engine now is free revving, Turbo kicks have returned
Congratulations Doc!

This is already the third remap we've heard of on TBHP. Looking forward to the detailed updates in your ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Hi Friends,
I was doing some research on Alloy wheels for S-cross and attached few models in paint for visual appeal.

I liked the OZ racing Gran turismo LM Matt Graphite which Suits Granite gray S-cross very well. Oz racing being expensive option, Can we get similar design with Matt Gray finish in India at cheaper price - Your opinions
Completely transforms the visual character of the car, doesn't it?!

In fact, in the six months of ownership, I've seen a lot of heads turn and glance at the alloys in supposed admiration.

Anyway, do checkout the Momo and HRS range from www.saimagwheels.com.

I particularly recommend "Next", which is back in stock,

http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/prod...31/35/next.htm

Last edited by pannags : 10th March 2016 at 10:08. Reason: Multiquote and included content
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 13:58   #3589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,
Why not wait for Brezza and source those wheels for S cross.
They look much better than OEM Scross alloys.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 14:39   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
EBD is integrated with ABS these days and is no longer considered to be separate with the current generation of ABS units. Now ESP is the extra add on to ABS which is heavily advertised. The S-Cross does have EBD along with ABS.
I am not really sure if that is really the case. I say this because, Maruti has listed ABS+EBD in the feature list of both their newer cars- Baleno and Vitara Brezza. Same is the case with older cars. Only S-Cross does not have it explicitly mentioned. Could it be that S-Cross is using a newer generation ABS unit and others are not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Anyway, do checkout the Momo and HRS range from www.saimagwheels.com.

I particularly recommend "Next", which is back in stock
Even though Momo Next is one of the BEST looking alloys, I would not suggest anyone with S-Cross to go for it. It is because Momo Next is available only with PCD 100 and S-Cross's is 114.3. Currently, among Momos, only Revenge, Quantum and Dark Blade are available in PCD 114.3

Also, Momo has increased the prices of their alloy range. I was among the last customers in Bangalore to get the alloys for the old price I got my Momo Black Knights for Rs 8125 apiece (i.e. less than the then listed price of Rs 8400) - they are out of stock now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Why not wait for Brezza and source those wheels for S cross.
They look much better than OEM Scross alloys.
I am sure both of them would have the same PCD. And they look really good. If S-Cross had come with those, I would not even have thought about an upgrade. Why Maruti? WHY??

Last edited by Vigkey : 10th March 2016 at 14:43.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 20:43   #3591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Also, Momo has increased the prices of their alloy range. I was among the last customers in Bangalore to get the alloys for the old price I got my Momo Black Knights for Rs 8125 apiece (i.e. less than the then listed price of Rs 8400) - they are out of stock now.
Even though the Momo price is increased, still it's worth to go for them. it looks really good and once they are on the car, the car belongs to a different league.
Old 10th March 2016, 21:59   #3592
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Don't go for cheap alloys.. Unless you have a death wish. Check YouTube videos of what happens when cheap alloys go into a big pothole vs the genuine alloys. They literally chip and disintegrate after even 1 big pothole impact. There used to be a brand called aura a few years ago that was a hindalco product that was of amazing quality. But I am not sure if it's still in the market. If you can't afford branded alloys just skip it. By the way even if you install branded alloys, there can be problems at certain speeds due to resonance so be prepared for that. I have personally faced the resonance issue at 90-100 km/h in my opel Astra and actually sold back the alloys and installed the stock steel rims.

Last edited by mxh : 10th March 2016 at 22:06.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 22:49   #3593
BHPian

The original 16" alloys that came in the SX4 are quite nice. They were made by Hindalco. I remember paying around 8k per disc in 2011. I am not sure if the PCD is the same as that of the S-Cross though! I have not had an issue for the past 5 years! They are MGP and should be available. And yes, they can take 205/60R16 tyres!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 10th March 2016 at 22:53.
Old 11th March 2016, 04:19   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Don't go for cheap alloys.. Unless you have a death wish. Check YouTube videos of what happens when cheap alloys go into a big pothole vs the genuine alloys. They literally chip and disintegrate after even 1 big pothole impact. There used to be a brand called aura a few years ago that was a hindalco product that was of amazing quality. But I am not sure if it's still in the market. If you can't afford branded alloys just skip it. By the way even if you install branded alloys, there can be problems at certain speeds due to resonance so be prepared for that. I have personally faced the resonance issue at 90-100 km/h in my opel Astra and actually sold back the alloys and installed the stock steel rims.
Hi Mxh,
Thanks for your comments. Sorry for not being clear in my message, What I meant with Cheap alloys was compared to Oz racing.
Ozracing / msw/ Borbet / TSW - all are expensive approx 20000 per wheel and will be close to 80000 for set of 4, I was looking at 40000 to 50000 per set of 4. So the brands I am considering are Lenso-Raiden, AVA, GTR, EVO, HRS, MOMO. I do not know much about Neo Alloy wheels ? Neo wheels Krank (chrome plated finish) is similar to Oz racing Granturismo LM.
Any other brands in similar pricing range and of decent quality - Please let me know.
Old 11th March 2016, 07:29   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mxh,
Thanks for your comments. Sorry for not being clear in my message, What I meant with Cheap alloys was compared to Oz racing.
Ozracing / msw/ Borbet / TSW - all are expensive approx 20000 per wheel and will be close to 80000 for set of 4, I was looking at 40000 to 50000 per set of 4. So the brands I am considering are Lenso-Raiden, AVA, GTR, EVO, HRS, MOMO. I do not know much about Neo Alloy wheels ? Neo wheels Krank (chrome plated finish) is similar to Oz racing Granturismo LM.
Any other brands in similar pricing range and of decent quality - Please let me know.
Why don't you have a look at the alloys that come on the new Vitara Breeza though it might take some time for the spares to reach the service centers.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 11:43   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just did the remap in the evening at Code6 garage in Cochin
Initial impressions are AWESOME...
Engine now is free revving, Turbo kicks have returned
Torque would be somewhere close to 260. No idea of figures.
Congrats on the Remap, i am sure she'll be flying down KL roads like a missile.
Forget about the Figures, and enjoy your drive

Guess the DDIS200 post remap can fully exploit the dynamics of S Cross.

Quote:
Hi Mxh,
OZ, Borbet, TSW are quite good but expensive. My Personal take on Alloys will always be to stick with Stock ones, or source, Stock alloys of other brands / cars with matching PCD. Simply, the reliability of Stock ones will always be top notch than most after market ones. I have even seen Borbet crack after hitting a pothole at high speed.
However, when i got the S Cross, finding a 114.3 17" Stock alloy was as tough as finding mermaid. The local options were just Creta Top end Alloys or New Scorpio Top end (which again has a bigger ET and will not be a perfect fit)
My suggestion would be to wait for Vitara Alloys - but it is gonna take quite some time for it hit spares section.
Other alternative is to stick with Momo, Lenso, Neo alloys - These have good design and reliability is directly proportional to the usage - Just be a little careful while going over pot holes or bad roads at high speeds (I am talking about excess of triple digits)

Last edited by bblost : 11th March 2016 at 14:24. Reason: Back 2 Back posts.
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 12:38   #3597
BHPian

Re: Remapped...Code6

Quote:
Torque would be somewhere close to 260. No idea of figures.

The engine revvs to 6k in third gear.
Welcome to the elite club of remapped S-Cross.

From Code 6 tuning facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Code6Tuning/

SCross stage1 tunes are available now. 118/255

6k? I guess it is a typo
Old 11th March 2016, 14:09   #3598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
However, when i got the S Cross, finding a 114.3 17" Stock alloy was as tough as finding mermaid. The local options were just Creta Top end Alloys or New Scorpio Top end (which again has a bigger ET and will not be a perfect fit)
Honda CRV & Honda Accord 17" wheels can also be considered.
Old 11th March 2016, 14:11   #3599
BHPian

Guys...came in for first service today and the service manager said there is a service package for ~13.5k which will cover all consumables and labor till the 5th service i.e. 20k / 2 years. He estimated the normal cost to be close to 20k by then and I can save ~7k. Is it really worth? I'm not sure. Any suggestions?
Old 11th March 2016, 14:16   #3600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Guys...came in for first service today and the service manager said there is a service package for ~13.5k which will cover all consumables and labor till the 5th service i.e. 20k / 2 years. He estimated the normal cost to be close to 20k by then and I can save ~7k. Is it really worth? I'm not sure. Any suggestions?
Am a bit old skool, how did he predict the service cost to be 20K in two years? Normally i never take any AMCs from service centres since i dont want myself to be restricted to one service station.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 11th March 2016 at 14:17.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks