Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 20:35   #3706
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
If both tyres have the same aspect ratio (in this case 60), the 215 section tyre will have an increase of diameter by 1.27 cm.

Because of this increase in dia, if the vehicle display a speed of 100 KM/Hr, the actual speed will be ~102 KM/Hr
Sree73, what you said is correct. Outer diameter of the tire will be different and hence there will be odo error. However the question was not about the alloys, if I understood the question correctly.

Will the diameter of the Brezza alloys differ from the ones on S-Cross? No.
Will the Brezza alloys be suitable for S-Cross? Absolutely Yes!!!
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 21:01   #3707
BHPian

Recently bought a 'Double Rectangular Exhaust Muffler Tip' from ebay. Just wanted to see how does the rear looks with this rectangular exhaust tip. Looks OK for me. What's your opinion?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-21.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-22.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 21:49   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Recently bought a 'Double Rectangular Exhaust Muffler Tip' from ebay. Just wanted to see how does the rear looks with this rectangular exhaust tip. Looks OK for me. What's your opinion?
Surely looks good but I doubt its quality for longterm use.I have seen this on eBay and even thought about buying one but somehow dropped the idea. You installed it on own? Than you for sharing the picture. Now I thinking about buying one for myself.on side note what you think about something like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20160318_214642.jpg  

Old 18th March 2016, 22:40   #3709
BANNED

Quote:
Looks neat. Nice addition to the clean rear of the car. Good thing is it didn't look aftermarket and didn't protrude out to look out of place.

How much did it cost? Bolted onto the exhaust pipe by a screw?

Also can you post a full shot of the rear from some more distance?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 22:44   #3710
BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, I didn't like it. It looks out of place on a clean and well styled rear. It would have looked better if it was integrated into the bumper somehow.
sudeepg is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 00:46   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
To be honest, I didn't like it. It looks out of place on a clean and well styled rear. It would have looked better if it was integrated into the bumper somehow.
I second this opinion. They look more square ‘sh than rectangular. I don't think they gel well with rear. May be a single rectangular muffler tip, a little flatter, would have looked good. Sorry, I don't mean to spoil your party.
T.S. is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 06:08   #3712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Surely looks good but I doubt its quality for longterm use.I have seen this on eBay and even thought about buying one but somehow dropped the idea. You installed it on own? Than you for sharing the picture. Now I thinking about buying one for myself.on side note what you think about something like this?
Thank you Sahiltondankar.
Yes. I installed this by my own. It was simple. It has three grip bolts attached to the entry side of the pipe. Just tighten them and will fix properly. Appear to be good quality for me. Fit and finish was good. Not sure about the long term reliability.
The picture you had posted is looking good. It's not getting attached to the exhaust pipe in any way. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Looks neat. Nice addition to the clean rear of the car. Good thing is it didn't look aftermarket and didn't protrude out to look out of place.

How much did it cost? Bolted onto the exhaust pipe by a screw?

Thank you Anurag.
It costed me around Rs. 1200. Yes it is bolted to the exhaust pipe by 3 grip bolts.
Attaching the picture of grip bolts here. Will post a full rear long shot later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Thank you sudeepg.
Looks can be subjective. I respect your view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
I second this opinion. They look more square ‘sh than rectangular. I don't think they gel well with rear. May be a single rectangular muffler tip, a little flatter, would have looked good. Sorry, I don't mean to spoil your party.
Thank you T.S.
I agree. . It's more square than rectangular. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-23.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 19th March 2016 at 06:25. Reason: spell errors
Old 19th March 2016, 08:03   #3713
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
What you won’t:

• 1.6L diesel variant has a hefty premium over the 1.3L
Guess it is time to update the review with current status. Also the price chart has to be updated.
Old 19th March 2016, 08:31   #3714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Guess it is time to update the review with current status. Also the price chart has to be updated.
I was offered a 1.3 delta in December for 10.18L. But I bought a 1.6 delta instead on February. (Thinking loud) Did I go wrong?

girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 08:42   #3715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I was offered a 1.3 delta in December for 10.18L. But I bought a 1.6 delta instead on February. (Thinking loud) Did I go wrong?

girish
Not at all. As GTO mentioned, it should be 1.6 if it is scross. Especially true in the current price levels.

Further, if it is 1.6, it should be scross at current prices which is almost 2L less than creta.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 13:42   #3716
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from my dealer regarding an event for all S-Cross owners. I think someone had already mentioned here about such event

All S-Cross owners have to gather at the dealer tomorrow morning and drive to Adlabs imagica together. Two adults and two kids' all expenses are sponsored.

Unfortunately i cannot make it for the event tomorrow, but those who have time and interest and who had bought S-Cross from Nexa Sai service Baner should attend.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 16:56   #3717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I got a call from my dealer regarding an event for all S-Cross owners. I think someone had already mentioned here about such event

All S-Cross owners have to gather at the dealer tomorrow morning and drive to Adlabs imagica together. Two adults and two kids' all expenses are sponsored.

Unfortunately i cannot make it for the event tomorrow, but those who have time and interest and who had bought S-Cross from Nexa Sai service Baner should attend.
This is a good move from Maruti NEXA. Will ensure the customer loyalty and a clever way of brand advertisement. All the S-Cross es marching together will be a wonderful sight to watch.

All the Puneites..Enjoy the time with your dear and near ones.
Old 19th March 2016, 17:06   #3718
BHPian

Quote:
This is a good move from Maruti NEXA. Will ensure the customer loyalty and a clever way of brand advertisement. All the S-Cross es marching together will be a wonderful sight to watch.

All the Puneites..Enjoy the time with your dear and near ones.
I am going tomorrow. Just got the invite call. Looking forward to a Kumbh of S-Cross. Even 50 cars would be an awesome experience. Hoping for more. And the opportunity to interact with fellow owners would be priceless. Super excited!!!
@viral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 17:51   #3719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Hi Anurag. The full rear shot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160319_170407_hdr.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 18:48   #3720
BHPian

Guys, anyone having exact feature details of S-Cross Limited Edition recently launched (March 1st week) by Maruti? The nexa website shows only price, no further details - the brochure also doesn't mention it.

The dealership was pushing for it when I went there today (I was interested in 1.3Zeta). They said the LimitedEdition is about 30K less than the Zeta although having 'almost' the same features of Zeta. Plus its having the leather seat from the Alpha plus a rear spoiler! Sounded interesting!

Did some googling afterwards & found that this Limited Edition looses out on the SmartPlay Infotainment part - i.e. its having the normal 2-din ICE of the Delta variant, therefore loosing out on rear camera also. Not sure of the Automatic climate control part. Issue is - exact feature details are not available anywhere!

P.S. I came to know that this 'Limited' edition is different than the 'Premia' edition launched in December.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks