Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 08:54   #3826
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
After multiple highway trips, I have found that 1.6 is stable up to 130 kmph, after which the steering starts becoming vague. Maruti should have done some homework in such a capable engine.
personally I never tried above 130.around 120 I have tried many times and had no problems with steering. car just feels solid and planted at high speed for me.I have changed the tyres to Michelin .may be that should be making the difference over stock Jk tyres.
Old 31st March 2016, 11:51   #3827
BHPian

hello friends, i have been observing that average of my s cross 1.3 zeta has been slowly falling and now is consistent between 13-13.5 Earlier first 2-3 months it was hovering between 16-17.
Could this be some problem or law of averages catching up.
Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 12:10   #3828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
hello friends, i have been observing that average of my s cross 1.3 zeta has been slowly falling and now is consistent between 13-13.5 Earlier first 2-3 months it was hovering between 16-17.
Could be you changed your driving style? A lot of factors contribute to the FE.

My S Cross DDiS200 has crossed 6.5k Kms and in no time(post 1000 km) have I seen a FE lower than 20 km/l in the same designated routes that I normally drive

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st March 2016 at 12:13.
Old 31st March 2016, 12:29   #3829
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
After the remap I have been driving the car quite aggressively and I get a FE of around 14-16kmpl (Additional 1-2 kmpl drop). The needle sees the 3k rpm mark very often
Old 31st March 2016, 12:29   #3830
BANNED

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-nexa...-12192727.html

SCross bookings increased by 30% after price cut.

Now we need to see how much it goes down after the Brezza launch.
Old 31st March 2016, 14:53   #3831
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-nexa...-12192727.html

SCross bookings increased by 30% after price cut.

Now we need to see how much it goes down after the Brezza launch.
Let's see if this is reflected in March sales figures. March sales is always high for every car. We will get a clear picture in coming months.
Old 31st March 2016, 15:21   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Anyone like to give their view on this sporty car pedal set? I am planning to install this in Scross. Any negative effects on driving? Buyers quite happy with their purchase.
Looks OK. Check for Sparco as well. I saw few in AliExpress as well.
I was also in hunt for good sports pedal, not successful yet.
Old 31st March 2016, 15:31   #3833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
After multiple highway trips, I have found that 1.6 is stable up to 130 kmph, after which the steering starts becoming vague. Maruti should have done some homework in such a capable engine.
If you see my old posts, i had similar issue at +10 to your mentioned speed. I went to the service guy and he cleaned the treads and said there was a lot of gravel in them. After the cleaning though, everything was great. and I have since tested it at +40 to your mentioned speed (in the interest of science only) and all is fine.
Pro-Idiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 16:27   #3834

Congratulations Mr. O for owning a Panda in this part of the globe!

Well, The Story of my car-hunt would echo almost the same decibel as that of yours.
Decided to change my 5 year old Manza Aura Quadrajet in Jan 2016 - booked a Baleno zeta petrol on Jan 11,2016. I did not take a Test drive (the NEXA men did not offer one though). Meanwhile, without cancelling Baleno booking, I booked a Vitara Brezza on Jan 29, 2016.
One silent month passed by but with one change- upgraded the booking status of my baleno zeta to an alpha version.
In the second week of March, when the details of variants and prices of Brezza were out, without a second thought, rushed to the dealer and cancelled the brezza booking.
On the way back, took a TD of Baleno. It was not satisfactory for quite subtle factors viz. - 1. Did not feel as an up-gradation in terms of space and power vis-a-vis my Manza (of course, the mills churn on different oil) 2. The vehicle seems to be too light and ride felt a bit bumpy. Also, my friends , infact none, gave a favourable opinion about Baleno. However, I was just taken aback with the aesthetics of Baleno.
Evening of that day - All of a sudden S-cross blossomed in my car-dreams (till that date, it was not even in consideration except for that one of my seniors always say that s-cross is the best vehicle around but one has to compromise on its looks and price). I called up the NEXA RM, he was just like, too interested in my change of mind, soon came with an S-cross for TD. My friends and I were totally impressed with the performance and now started to like its looks also. Also, my wife had no objections with the proportions and looks of s-cross.
When came to know more about S-cross, found the vehicle to be the most VFM car with optimum of everything. Afterall, its a maruti!
The S-cross Zeta 1.3 is expected to enter the porch of my house within 15th of April 2016.
More details, after real time ownership.
Old 31st March 2016, 17:22   #3835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post
Congratulations Mr. O for owning a Panda in this part of the globe!

Well, The Story of my car-hunt would echo almost the same decibel as that of yours.
Decided to change my 5 year old Manza Aura Quadrajet in Jan 2016 - booked a Baleno zeta petrol on Jan 11,2016. I did not take a Test drive (the NEXA men did not offer one though). Meanwhile, without cancelling Baleno booking, I booked a Vitara Brezza on Jan 29, 2016.
One silent month passed by but with one change- upgraded the booking status of my baleno zeta to an alpha version.
In the second week of March, when the details of variants and prices of Brezza were out, without a second thought, rushed to the dealer and cancelled the brezza booking.
On the way back, took a TD of Baleno. It was not satisfactory for quite subtle factors viz. - 1. Did not feel as an up-gradation in terms of space and power vis-a-vis my Manza (of course, the mills churn on different oil) 2. The vehicle seems to be too light and ride felt a bit bumpy. Also, my friends , infact none, gave a favourable opinion about Baleno. However, I was just taken aback with the aesthetics of Baleno.
Evening of that day - All of a sudden S-cross blossomed in my car-dreams (till that date, it was not even in consideration except for that one of my seniors always say that s-cross is the best vehicle around but one has to compromise on its looks and price). I called up the NEXA RM, he was just like, too interested in my change of mind, soon came with an S-cross for TD. My friends and I were totally impressed with the performance and now started to like its looks also. Also, my wife had no objections with the proportions and looks of s-cross.
When came to know more about S-cross, found the vehicle to be the most VFM car with optimum of everything. Afterall, its a maruti!
The S-cross Zeta 1.3 is expected to enter the porch of my house within 15th of April 2016.
More details, after real time ownership.
Did you not consider 1.6 s cross? 1.3 s cross has same engine as your manza quadrajet which you have driven for 5 years. I am not complaining about 1.3 engine, it's our national engine.
Old 31st March 2016, 17:36   #3836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did you not consider 1.6 s cross? 1.3 s cross has same engine as your manza quadrajet which you have driven for 5 years. I am not complaining about 1.3 engine, it's our national engine.
Yes, why not 1.6 please? I know the reason must be cost, but.......

I was recently driving a Ford eco-sport automatic (top end -six airbags and everything), was my first time in the ecosport. And you know what, it just didnt make sense to me.
I was confused and totally at a loss when pressing the accelerator, wondering why the gear was not changing up, kept wondering and checked everything... slowed down and accelerated again , it seemed ok but it would simply stop going faster after changing up from 4rth gear, and I was thinking there must be a rev limiter or something on it.

I was so confused that I was doing something wrong, but then it hit me!....

I had gotten used to my 1.6 ! and the other cars ( in the price bracket) are simply not good enough.
Pro-Idiot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 18:02   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Do take a test drive of 1.6.
That's how Nexa guys sold the car to me
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 18:48   #3838

Dear Dr Naren and Pro-Idiot,

How forceful you try to make my mind fluctuate again will not work because I own no right to mint my own currency .

Yes, i understand what doctor said, 1.3 zeta scross and the manza has the same engine, but i hold the view that both manza and s-cross are never the same league of vehicle and the engine-tuning of both these need not be the same. also, i rather , is satisfied with the power of 1.3 considering the route which i drive and also in anitcipation of the routes which i may drive the car.
More reasons , i think, i would share in my initial ownership notes .
krish_kochi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 01:46   #3839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post
Dear Dr Naren and Pro-Idiot,

How forceful you try to make my mind fluctuate again will not work because I own no right to mint my own currency .

Yes, i understand what doctor said, 1.3 zeta scross and the manza has the same engine, but i hold the view that both manza and s-cross are never the same league of vehicle and the engine-tuning of both these need not be the same. also, i rather , is satisfied with the power of 1.3 considering the route which i drive and also in anitcipation of the routes which i may drive the car.
More reasons , i think, i would share in my initial ownership notes .

Considering Cochin roads, even the 1.3 would be over-powered. More over overtaking at slow speeds requires calculation and downshift on our roads, be it 1.6 or the 1.3. I miss the 1.6 on short stretches of some highways while dragging bigger cars.
Old 1st April 2016, 06:46   #3840
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
Hi akshatmangal,
DDiS200 engine should give better efficiencies than the figures quoted by you. Definitely there can be some changes to the previous conditions in which the car were being driven. It can be your driving style or traffic / road conditions or the weather changes. Many things can affect the fuel efficiency.

I have been driving the 1.3 Zeta in notorious Bangalore traffic. Now the vehicle has clocked 10K KMs. my FE was about 15 KMPL initially and over a period of time improved to 19-20 KMPL.

Try to take up this with the Service centre during your next due service or as an issue. Let them check the vehicle also for any problems.

Please Let us know the feedback from the service centre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks