Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 20:41   #3076
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Firstly, congratulations on your decision and all the very best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I will mostly be using the non-existent Bangalore roads.
I share the

Quote:
I will try Sai Iyengar. I hope they have a decent collection of alloys too.
Highly recommended! Please be aware that you will need to inform them of your choice of alloys in advance as they do not stock any. In my case, it took them over a week to get them shipped.

Do checkout HRS in addition to what you have already identified.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 21:55   #3077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
I am not a fan of hub centric rings. Only when you dont get an alloy of the required PCD, hub centric rings are used.
Quote:

I read his report, but I did not get the exact purpose. He has already got alloys of PCD 114.3, but has also got hub rings. Guess I am missing something. I will PM him to get more details
I guess the purpose of hub centric rings are mixed up with spacers / wheels adapters.
Basically, hub-Centric Rings help the vibration and shake out of car by tight fitment from hub to the center-bore of the wheel. S-Cross bore diameter is 60mm, where as most of the Momo wheel hub dia is 72mm. So theoretically its good to have hub centric rings.
Spacers / wheel adapters are used for compensating offset and or adjusting the PCD. Hope this clarifies.
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 11:20   #3078
Senior - BHPian

Scross owners

How accurate is the average Fuel efficiency figure ?
And, on an average on how many kms does a full tank cover ?
Old 28th January 2016, 12:01   #3079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Scross owners

Very accurate. I usually fill-up the tank (strictly without top-up) and drive all the way till the range is in the order of 70-50.

In the ~ 3500 kms I've clocked, the system indicates 17.1, while manual calculations on refueling show 16.5-17.5

You can do ~ 700 kms on a full tank on the DDiS200.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:17   #3080
BHPian

Quote:
Scross owners

It's pretty accurate where you can find the real time FE figures with a variance of .5 kmpl and even closer during highway trips.

In city conditions I generally fill up the tank as soon as the low fuel warning pops up.This happens roughly 650-700 kms which is approximately 9 liters left in the tank. You can easily go towards 750km without the fear of running empty.

On highway though 950kms on a full tank is easy. I have done couple of 1000km+ highway runs with single tank full.

Elsewhere received a call from my RM in Bimal with a confirmation of software update of the AVN system. This will add the apple car play feature and some other improvements. This will be available by the end of february or so and the software update can be done during regular service.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:25   #3081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Scross owners
Here is one with proof with data on a recent trip, more than a quarter of fuel remaining after a 677 km trip!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3425
Size:  235.2 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2016 at 12:27.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:54   #3082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Very accurate. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is one with proof with data on a recent trip, more than a quarter of fuel remaining after a 677 km trip!
Good to know.

DDIS seems to be a very efficient motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
It's pretty accurate where you can find the real time FE figures with a variance of .5 kmpl and even closer during highway trips.

On highway though 950kms on a full tank is easy. I have done couple of 1000km+ highway runs with single tank full.
950 kms is insane for a full tank

I have done around 500kms and it's showing 17 kmpl. So, wasn't sure if it's accurate or not.
Old 28th January 2016, 13:16   #3083
BHPian

Quote:
DDIS seems to be a very efficient motor.

Not insane and very much doable. Last I remember completed a round trip blr-chn and pondy covering 1020 kms with a single tank full. The FE peaked up till 29.x kmpl during travel and settled just below 24kmpl mark by the end of the journey with some city travel as well. It took around 43ltrs of fuel during tank filling. I think sedate drivers can easily achieve 25 kmpl figures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2016 at 05:08. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 14:14   #3084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. But I am posting here as this will be my best chance to get attention of S-Cross owners.

I am looking for suggestions on tire and alloy upgrade for my S-Cross.
I have 205/60 R16 Continental MC5 on my Volvo V40 CC and have to say these are some of the best tyres I've used - leach like grip and incredibly silent. Highly recommended - for the price one pays, they are a steal. They seem to be pretty tough as well and are well suited for indian conditions. If they can work fine on this 200 bhp engine, I'm sure they'll be fine with a 120bhp S-Cross.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2016 at 05:08. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
reignofchaos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 22:04   #3085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Not insane and very much doable. Last I remember completed a round trip blr-chn and pondy covering 1020 kms with a single tank full. The FE peaked up till 29.x kmpl during travel and settled just below 24kmpl mark by the end of the journey with some city travel as well. It took around 43ltrs of fuel during tank filling. I think sedate drivers can easily achieve 25 kmpl figures.
Very much doable indeed, I have read multiple user comments who reported such figures. With SHVS that should cross 30 too. Multijet II might take it closer to 35 maybe in the future. Hopefully Maruti will continue to use Fiat engines and not bring their own ones.
Old 29th January 2016, 02:27   #3086
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...DDIS seems to be a very efficient motor.

I have done around 500kms and it's showing 17 kmpl. So, wasn't sure if it's accurate or not.
Beware, all the guys who shared their FE figures have a DDiS 200 motor, which is best driven sedate. Do you think you can drive your 320 in a sedate manner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
...Highly recommended - for the price one pays, they are a steal...
Could you share what's the price of this?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th January 2016 at 02:29.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 09:28   #3087
BHPian

How does DDIS 320 fares against Scorpio 2.2 mill? Asking as they are pretty much in the same prices range.

One of my friend is contemplating the idea to buy between one of them...
Old 29th January 2016, 10:19   #3088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could you share what's the price of this?
I paid 8500 per tyre including balancing and weights.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:51   #3089
BHPian

Quote:
Beware, all the guys who shared their FE figures have a DDiS 200 motor, which is best driven sedate. Do you think you can drive your 320 in a sedate manner?
I've cross-checked FE with full tank to empty basis and compared with display FE, and its accurate to decimal point
In Bangalore's notorious stop go traffic my 1.6 gives FE of 14kmpl, I'm happy that this is very well close to the FE I was getting with my first generation Swift VDi @ 15kmpl. Average running speed here varies between 15 kmph to 20kmph.
Due to the tall gearing, I got very decent FE of 19kmpl during my Bangalore to Trivandrum trip (17% highway, 25% medium traffic) with average running speed 70kmph, never crossed 2300rpm (100kmp at 6th gear translate to around 1750rpm). This was in fact similar to the FE I was getting in my Swift VDi.
Overall the efficiency of the motor in really impressive.
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:01   #3090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I have 205/60 R16 Continental MC5 on my Volvo V40 CC and have to say these are some of the best tyres I've used - leach like grip and incredibly silent. Highly recommended - for the price one pays, they are a steal. They seem to be pretty tough as well and are well suited for indian conditions. If they can work fine on this 200 bhp engine, I'm sure they'll be fine with a 120bhp S-Cross.
True that except for the price.
Michelin Primacy 3ST after price revision is at Rs 6800 per tire.

Quote:
I was expecting DDIS 320 to return around 15 kmpl only but the display seems to be showing more.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks