Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 10:39   #3226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congratulations on deciding (finally) and getting ( very close to) the DDiS320 - Alpha.

Nothing seem worth of, and only the illuminated Sill guard ( bling factor) looks nice.
Spoiler calls for drilling on the panel and frankly to me it never suits a S Cross.
Attachment 1474956

Even if out of stock, you can fit the sill guard at a later date as the stock arrives.

Wishing you a smooth delivery process and an outstanding Ownership!
I would rather not get that done as later it can be a rust magnet.
Old 11th February 2016, 10:42   #3227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I would rather not get that done as later it can be a rust magnet.
There is no drilling involved in the 'illuminated door sill' fitment and hence no question of rust- it is a very neat kit ( plastic panels) including wiring.

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th February 2016 at 10:46.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 10:43   #3228
BANNED

SCross' BMW'ish facelift for the international markets leaked. Will it come to India?

But what a nasty-looking headlamp is that?

Source: http://paultan.org/2016/02/11/suzuki...-presentation/
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-suzukisx4scross001630x333.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 11th February 2016 at 10:47.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 10:47   #3229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no drilling involved in the 'illuminated door sill' fitment and hence no question of rust- it is a very neat kit ( plastic panels) including wiring.
err... I thought you need some drilling work to be done to install the spoiler.
Old 11th February 2016, 10:57   #3230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
@Vigkey: Guess Pratham had the last piece of 1.6 Zeta with them in Blue, that's what they told me. I had got a call for a 1Lakh discount.
You vehicle looks stunning. Waiting for more pics and a detailed ownership report.
@Arindam, You are right. They just confirmed that all 2015 stock is cleared. They do not have any 2015 model SCross available.
Old 11th February 2016, 11:20   #3231
BHPian

Quote:
1-Yes,but only in projectors.
2-In normal reflectors,the light blinds the on coming traffic,plus the light gets scattered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There will be a considerable amount of light scattering so cant make use of the entire light output with a reflector. This is where a projector will do a better job of putting all the light from the bulb into the right place.
Thanks guys! After reading more and looking at comparisons from real world pictures, its evident that HIDs work best when used with projectors.

Here's one such picture (courtesy: www.delonixradar.com.au).

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-projectorvsreflector.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post

1. Styling Accessories

Door Visor: Rs. 1490
Rear Spoiler (including painting): Rs 6000
Illuminated Sill guards (not in stock): Rs 3790

2. Utility:
Full Floor Mat (Lamination Type): Rs 6990
Car care treatment package (Includes the below): Rs 12990

I am not too sure of the Lamination type flooring, if it will be really useful. But if I go for that, I might be left with nothing but the door visors. One main problem with the accessory list is that they are not having non-illuminated sill guards.
I guess not much left to do on the styling front with Zeta and Alpha variants since they come well loaded. However, here are my 2 cents,
  • Stay away from the door visors, they really don't suit the S-Cross one bit.
  • The rear spoiler involves drilling two holes, but once installed, looks really neat. I spotted an S-Cross in Silver with a spoiler on my way to E-city a short while ago!
  • The sill guards are a nice addition, but are a tad bit smaller than they should've been.
  • The lamination is worth exploring further, not to sure if this is available in all dealerships.

Last edited by pannags : 11th February 2016 at 11:25.
Old 11th February 2016, 11:26   #3232
Senior - BHPian

For floor lamination, I suggest not to get those done.The reason being,if there is a breach anywhere and in any case if water manages to enter in between the floor and the lamination either due to rain water seepage or during water washing,water gets accumulated and wont dry that easily.In due course of time rusting might occur.Plus i'd rather not get the interiors of a brand new car stripped out as Anurag had pointed out.

Just my 10 Paise.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:59   #3233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
@ Vigkey, I tried with Bimal, but could not extract more than what you were quoted. Pratham were better, but they did not have any Alpha 1.6 in stock. Hence settled for 1.6 Zeta. If I am not wrong, they still have a couple of 1.6 Zetas in stock (brown and blue).
For tyres, I got the quote from Millivisions.
I tried Pratham Nexa also. When I spoke to them, they had 2 Alphas, one each in blue and brown. They offered them at the 2016 prices and were not ready to offer additional discounts. A more serious discussion + bargaining could have fetched me a better deal, but I was not interested in either of the colors they had. Did not go back to them after that. He said he had some Deltas with package for some mouthwatering prices. But I was not keen on Delta. To be frank, I did not want a single feature in my Dzire missing in a car that costs almost the double. Absence of ACC, rear demister + rear washer / wiper missing closed the deal there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
@Vigkey, For 1.6 Alpha, you have got a very good deal. I tried with all 4 Nexa dealerships in Bangalore. No one had it in stock except Bimal. Final quote they gave me in Jan was 15L.
Regarding the under chassis and engine coating, I feel it is good to go for 3M. As you said, dealership may not do as good job as a 3M outlet.
I don't know if it is a very good deal. But it is a reasonable one IMO. They had my second choice color and the price offered was not too bad. No one else had a white or silver when I was scouting.

Quote:
Congratulations on deciding (finally) and getting ( very close to) the DDiS320 - Alpha.
Thanks Volkman!!! I would have got a Silver S-Cross DDiS200 Zeta in Oct / Nov, if not for some personal reasons which actually pushed my purchase plans by 6 months. However, come January, things changed again and I was in a situation to buy a car in 1 month - flat. No looking back now

Quote:
Nothing seem worth of, and only the illuminated Sill guard ( bling factor) looks nice.

Spoiler calls for drilling on the panel and frankly to me it never suits a S Cross.

Even if out of stock, you can fit the sill guard at a later date as the stock arrives.

Wishing you a smooth delivery process and an outstanding Ownership!
True. None of the accessories with these guys are worthy. But since I do not want to waste the 10k free accessory offer, I am planning to go for the spoiler and sill guard. I liked the spoiler, but the drilling bit it making me think. However, with no other worthy options, I might go for the Spoiler itself. They have agreed to procure and fit the sill guard before delivery itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If I were you, I'll go with Styling Accessories rather than the Utility. There is no doubt in it.

I have sworn to myself of not repaying the mistake I did in the two cars (Swift and Alto K10) by doing the floor lamination.

They strip the front seats, central console, rear seats, boot cladding for citing the floor lamination. Now there are faint squeaks in the Alto K10 that I'm trying to arrest.

For paint treatment etc, I'll prefer 3M all the way for the quality of work and attention to detail.
Agreed Anurag. I am indeed going for the styling accessories itself. With floor lamination I totally agree. We have it in our Dzire and we saw it's ugly face when we had an AC leak. Water was accumulated in the foot well and there was no way to push the water out other than using a mop.

Quote:
I would rather not get that done as later it can be a rust magnet
Will it? That is a concern then. I will have to rethink then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I guess not much left to do on the styling front with Zeta and Alpha variants since they come well loaded. However, here are my 2 cents,
  • Stay away from the door visors, they really don't suit the S-Cross one bit.
  • The rear spoiler involves drilling two holes, but once installed, looks really neat. I spotted an S-Cross in Silver with a spoiler on my way to E-city a short while ago!
  • The sill guards are a nice addition, but are a tad bit smaller than they should've been.
  • The lamination is worth exploring further, not to sure if this is available in all dealerships.
I am going for the sill guard and the lamination is rejected. I am thinking of the spoiler. Even I am not too fond of the door visor.

Quote:
For floor lamination, I suggest not to get those done.The reason being,if there is a breach anywhere and in any case if water manages to enter in between the floor and the lamination either due to rain water seepage or during water washing,water gets accumulated and wont dry that easily.In due course of time rusting might occur.Plus i'd rather not get the interiors of a brand new car stripped out as Anurag had pointed out.
Totally agree Rakesh. As I have mentioned above, I had a bad experience with the laminated flooring in our Dzire and added to it, removing the seats and all. I am not gonna do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
SCross' BMW'ish facelift for the international markets leaked. Will it come to India?

The smoked effect in headlamps looks good. But the shape is weird. I am sure there is a lot of Photoshop involved in this pic. New grille and bonnet looks little too aggressive and a bit overdone. Looks more like the fourth gen (facelift) Sonata grille.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 13:39   #3234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I tried Pratham Nexa also. When I spoke to them, they had 2 Alphas, one each in blue and brown. They offered them at the 2016 prices and were not ready to offer additional discounts. A more serious discussion + bargaining could have fetched me a better deal, but I was not interested in either of the colors they had. Did not go back to them after that. He said he had some Deltas with package for some mouthwatering prices. But I was not keen on Delta. To be frank, I did not want a single feature in my Dzire missing in a car that costs almost the double. Absence of ACC, rear demister + rear washer / wiper missing closed the deal
I too was confused between Alpha and Zeta. But the 2+ Lakh difference between both helped me to decide on Zeta. Compared to outgoing SX4 ZXI, I am missing ACC and I am ok with that.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 15:08   #3235
BHPian

I am planning to book a zeta 1.3 soon. After reading posts on this forum I have realised that the stock JK tyres on the car are pretty awful and need to be upgraded. So 10.4 onroad plus around 20k for tyre upgrade would take it to 10.6. Further, I have requested the RM to give me the headlamp cluster from alpha model for which he quotes around 30k (yet to confirm). I want to save money on the alloys upgrade. Will it be okay if the stock ones are spray painted to black using Rustoleum paint which costs about 400 per can? The alloys need black to suit the vehicle. I've attached an edited image which I made myself to compare with the stock ones.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-imhages60picsay.jpeg
Old 11th February 2016, 16:24   #3236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I am planning to book a zeta 1.3 soon. After reading posts on this forum I have realised that the stock JK tyres on the car are pretty awful and need to be upgraded. So 10.4 onroad plus around 20k for tyre upgrade would take it to 10.6. Further, I have requested the RM to give me the headlamp cluster from alpha model for which he quotes around 30k (yet to confirm).
Please note the following, since the RM will promise you but in reality it will not be the case.

1. Maruti Suzuki will not give the Alpha head lamp cluster as MGA for fitment in lower variants. ( Confirmed, same strategy for Baleno too )

2. The blackened stock alloys are available at Nexa itself and you can get them at no extra cost.

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th February 2016 at 16:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 16:43   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki will not give the Alpha head lamp cluster as MGA for fitment in lower variants. ( Confirmed, same strategy for Baleno too )
Darn! this is bad! Maruti Suzuki is doing every bit to sustain the sub-par after-sales-experience for the S-Cross.

What an exception this from the MS stable - a fantastic car coupled with bad sales and poor after sales experience.

BTW, Skoda offers an upgrade to projectors at reasonable costs, that too with warranty.

Last edited by pannags : 11th February 2016 at 16:44.
Old 11th February 2016, 17:01   #3238

Got my S-cross (1.3 Delta Pearl White) on the new year!! Wanted to share the experience so far with fellow owners/followers:

Booked the car on 31st Dec. at Pasco Nexa Gurgaon with delivery made on 6th Jan (post disbursement by bank). The whole experience from negotiations through delivery was a pleasant surprise. Never once I felt that I am in a Maruti showroom! It was an awesome experience. Sales representatives are well trained and they understand the difference between aggression and assertion. Also, they have been proactively following up on all after sales activities like servicing, rc, number plate etc.

OTR – 9.2L and includes (door mats, mud flaps, reverse camera, gps unit, fog lamps, multi-charging unit, steering cover, seat covers, alloys, spare rims).

So far, I have driven 2000 kms and the performance has been as expected. Absolutely nothing to complain about (except for little vibrations on the steering wheel!)and the car truly give a luxurious feeling both in terms of features and performance. Got the first service done at Pasco and they delivered the car in flat 90 mins. Planning to take it out for a long haul and would share the experience with the group.
Old 11th February 2016, 17:20   #3239
BHPian

Quote:
/
Same doubts here, will it come to India?

Was reading up on the facelift, with several reports saying it looks more like an SUV now, has a sculpted bonnet with muscular creases, and an increased ground clearance too.

None of the reports, though, are not talking about the India launch. Guess Maruti will take its own sweet time to bring it, even if they have any such plans

Last edited by sreepathy : 11th February 2016 at 17:21. Reason: grammar
Old 11th February 2016, 17:29   #3240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Source: http://paultan.org/2016/02/11/suzuki...-presentation/
Instead of face'lift', I would call it face'shift'. The change has not enhanced the look of the car. It looks uninspiring all the same.

Maruti should try the same line of modification that Tata carried out on Aria to bring Hexa. That will give it more acceptable stance IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
Same doubts here, will it come to India?

Was reading up on the facelift, with several reports saying it looks more like an SUV now, has a sculpted bonnet with muscular creases, and an increased ground clearance too.

None of the reports, though, are not talking about the India launch. Guess Maruti will take its own sweet time to bring it, even if they have any such plans
They took three years to bring S Cross to India. We can expect similar timelines for the face lift.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed