Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:37   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Well if you want zero lag diesel buy a ford ecosport or aspire. They drive like petrols but with good economy.
Ecosport is one size smaller compared to Scross. It lacks space all around.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd February 2016 at 19:37. Reason: Quoted post edited.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:05   #3377
BHPian

S cross 2015 1.5 lakhs discount delta version July 2015 make

We have booked baleno and due to delays planning to change . we were informed of a s cross 2015 Delta available with 1.5 lakhs discount .is it a worth purchase ??
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:08   #3378
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I would avoid a July 2015 car. It could be a display or test ride car, for all that you know.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd February 2016 at 17:27.
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:09   #3379
BHPian

Over the reduced 2016 prices this figure is fabulous. But being a July manufacturerd vehicle you need to be vigilant.
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:16   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
S cross 2015 1.5 lakhs discount delta version July 2015 make

We have booked baleno and due to delays planning to change . we were informed of a s cross 2015 Delta available with 1.5 lakhs discount .is it a worth purchase ??
Which dealer is this and which version? I mean, is it 1.3 or 1.6?
Girish
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:32   #3381
BHPian

This is a 1.6 ,July 2015 is worrying me a lot .
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:51   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
This is a 1.6 ,July 2015 is worrying me a lot .
Dont worry. Go to the yard and check the status of the car. There should be no damage to the paint and no rodent damage. Hard wipers may be another thing you may need to check for.

I picked up an Aug 2015 car in February 2016. Pratham Bangalore had many 1.6 in stock with month of manufacturing ranging between June 2015 and Aug 2015 and I picked the newest they had at that point with 19km on odo. But physically, there was no difference between them.
Old 23rd February 2016, 18:53   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Good news for all S Cross owners( Delta, Zeta variants) awaiting to upgrade to Projector/HID head lamps.

Stocks are available (Confirmed for Bangalore) and the upgrade cost is INR 38 k all inclusive ( bulbs, wiring , ballast and installation). Co-ordinate the installation with your RM at Nexa.

Hi,

I am buying 1.6 delta from kalyani and got vin number too. But, it contains only 17 digits even after insisting so many time. Can you please let me know whether the vin of your car also have only 17 digits? As suggested by somebody on the forum, tried to decode the VIN assuming 10th and 11th as the required values, but they turn out to be digits only (00).
Please help me out, if possible with a pic of the vin and where to look for it.

Girish
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:23   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Good news for all S Cross owners( Delta, Zeta variants) awaiting to upgrade to Projector/HID head lamps.

Stocks are available (Confirmed for Bangalore) and the upgrade cost is INR 38 k all inclusive ( bulbs, wiring , ballast and installation). Co-ordinate the installation with your RM at Nexa.
This wasn't true? If true I would like to know if the normal headlights will be taken back and additional discount given on the 38k pricing. Plan to buy 1.3 Zeta but I prefer to get the projector HID headlights with it.
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:45   #3385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
This wasn't true? If true I would like to know if the normal headlights will be taken back and additional discount given on the 38k pricing. Plan to buy 1.3 Zeta but I prefer to get the projector HID headlights with it.
Yes, you will not get the Projector/Head Light unit of Alpha variant as MGA for fitment on any other variant ( Sigma/Delta/Zeta) for either S Cross nor Baleno!
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:13   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

I am buying 1.6 delta from kalyani and got vin number too. But, it contains only 17 digits even after insisting so many time.

Girish
VIN has 19 characters.
But somehow, the showroom records seem to record only 17 characters. I too had the same problem. My RM said only 17 characters.
I went to the yard and noted full VIN with 19 characters. Please ask him to take a snap and send it to you or go to the yard and check if possible.
Typical format is : 1 special character - 19 characters - 1 special character - 2 Characters denoting month and year.
Old 24th February 2016, 08:04   #3387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you will not get the Projector/Head Light unit of Alpha variant as MGA for fitment on any other variant ( Sigma/Delta/Zeta) for either S Cross nor Baleno!
S cross Alpha headlight is very much available as MGA @ Rs 17,200 per unit.

The main problem is syncing with the BCM unit for non-alpha variant.
No one at MASS has any clue about it.
Old 24th February 2016, 08:22   #3388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
S cross Alpha headlight is very much available as MGA @ Rs 17,200 per unit.
Availability is not the concern for replacement in Alpha units only, Maruti Suzuki has instructed its dealers not to offer this for the lower variants of S Cross.

The earlier Bi-Xenon HiD kit ( HID w/o Projector)that was referred was not a MGA offering. The dealer (NEXA Palace/ Mandovi )was doing it by referring to an after market accessory guy.

Bimal Auto has confirmed this.

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th February 2016 at 08:25.
Old 24th February 2016, 08:30   #3389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The main problem is syncing with the BCM unit for non-alpha variant.
No one at MASS has any clue about it.
Quote:
Availability is not the concern, Maruti Suzuki has instructed its dealers not to offer this for the lower variants of S Cross.
The headlight assembly of alpha is not MGA. It is just a regular MGP that is a replacement part. Even if one is manage to purchase the headlight unit, the connectors on the lower variants wont match the one on the Alpha. Hence it wont be a plug and play setup. The connectors come with the main wiring harness which is again not something that can be easily replaceable. Finally, as said by KPZen, the BCM of the lower variants is also different which does not have the automatic functionality present in the Alpha.

The alpha is a different animal altogether. Its not the usual top end maruti with intercompatible features which can be put into the lower variants. I was contemplating buying an S-Cross 1.6 and I did not want to settle for a lower variant because of this reason itself. I am just waiting to see what they do about the 1.6 engine. If this is localised or at least continued to be produced, then I will be buying one soon.
Old 24th February 2016, 09:01   #3390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

The alpha is a different animal altogether. Its not the usual top end maruti with intercompatible features which can be put into the lower variants. I was contemplating buying an S-Cross 1.6 and I did not want to settle for a lower variant because of this reason itself. I am just waiting to see what they do about the 1.6 engine. If this is localised or at least continued to be produced, then I will be buying one soon.

Agreed, am on the fence also. Waiting for a sign on the plans for the 1.6 before I take the plunge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks