Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2016, 08:05   #3511
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I'm facing a problem with the infotainment system in my 1.3 Zeta.

If I connect the Ipod (I have a 120GB one) it plays the tracks. But most of the time the display gets hanged and not able to change to Radio / Bluetooth. The 4 quadrant display does not respond except to the navigation. The music tracks can be changed from the buttons on steering wheel.

The moment the Ipod is unplugged, the system becomes functional and FM starts playing. Such issues are not there if a USB drive is connected and music is played from that.
Will take up this issue with the next service. Please let me know if anyone faces such an issue if they connect their Ipod with the system.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 10:37   #3512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Those alloys look amazing now. Excellent thinking. I now wan't to do that work somehow. Hope someone shows us how. The looks of s cross are actually growing on me. May be because I'm loving the drive and interiors. I feel the back and side looks are good enough. It's just the front which was boring. But the more I see it the more I'm loving it. Once again amazing creativity buddy, to make those boring stock alloys to really good ones.
With this paint job it looks better than some of the aftermarket ones. The job if done with a DIY procedure would be quite economical.

Is the S Cross difficult to drive in narrow city lanes compared to a normal hatchback due to its higher length and width? I've only driven hatchbacks before. Sedans I find a bit stressful to drive in 90 degree turns.
Old 5th March 2016, 10:58   #3513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Is the S Cross difficult to drive in narrow city lanes compared to a normal hatchback due to its higher length and width? I've only driven hatchbacks before. Sedans I find a bit stressful to drive in 90 degree turns.
You will get adjusted to the size of the vehicle in a matter of couple of days. Ease of driving and handling is not an issue with 1.3. It has enough low end torque and can easily manage in slow moving traffic without even the accelerator input in first gear.

Any-ways, as the car is big, it needs it's own space for turning.

Last edited by Sree73 : 5th March 2016 at 11:13.
Old 5th March 2016, 12:44   #3514
BHPian

I've got no doubts about the engine. I was able drive it on swift without stalling even when I had barely learnt to drive properly.

Size is my only concern.

Family and friends have started questioning the decision to invest on an S Cross. Usual recommendations for Hyundai hatchbacks have been made.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:42   #3515
BHPian

Any one has tried this Nitro Diesel Car Power and Torque ECU Tuning Chip for S-Cross?
It's an OBD2 plug and play small device.

http://www.amazon.in/Diesel-Torque-T...ywords=s-cross

The features claimed are 'Gives 35% more power and 25% more torque'

From the face value, this seems to be bogus, but there are quite a few offers available for this kind of tuning chips across multiple e-tailers. Just wanted to know whether these tuning chips makes any performance enhacement
Old 5th March 2016, 14:58   #3516
Distinguished - BHPian

Post budget here are the OTR prices ( Bangalore) of S Cross, ( ex show room price increases by ~Rs. 35400 for DDiS320 Alpha )

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160305wa0001.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th March 2016 at 15:11.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 15:47   #3517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Post budget here are the OTR prices ( Bangalore) of S Cross, ( ex show room price increases by ~Rs. 35400 for DDiS320 Alpha )

Attachment 1483031
That's real bad. I hope prices remain still in Goa till Monday. 33000 is a huge jump. I took too long to decide.
Old 5th March 2016, 16:52   #3518
BHPian

Quote:
With this paint job it looks better than some of the aftermarket ones.

Is the S Cross difficult to drive in narrow city lanes compared to a normal hatchback due to its higher length and width? I've only driven hatchbacks before.
Yes, it does look good than some after market alloys.
It's definitely not very difficult to drive around. Height actually should provide an advantage. The actual height is lesser than the Ritz. I'm not sure about the dimensions of both, but when parked next to my mom's Ritz it's shorter. Let the dimension not be a point to put away your buying decision.
Old 5th March 2016, 18:02   #3519
BANNED

Quote:
I've got no doubts about the engine. I was able drive it on swift without stalling even when I had barely learnt to drive properly.

Size is my only concern.

Family and friends have started questioning the decision to invest on an S Cross. Usual recommendations for Hyundai hatchbacks have been made.
If you want to enjoy driving, invest in a maruti compared to hyundai. Most hyundais are just plain boring for driving.

Size should not be an issue. I had the same doubts in my mind when I started using swift. But it proved to be wrong. Similarly, your worries about scross and my worries about brezza will again be proved wrong. The thing is: others on road will 'respect' (means give way) bigger cars.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 19:42   #3520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If you want to enjoy driving, invest in a maruti compared to hyundai. Most hyundais are just plain boring for driving.

Size should not be an issue. I had the same doubts in my mind when I started using swift. But it proved to be wrong. Similarly, your worries about scross and my worries about brezza will again be proved wrong. The thing is: others on road will 'respect' (means give way) bigger cars.
Are you buying a Brezza? It won't attract any additional taxes.

Getting respect on road. Does SCross have that effect?

Thanks to volkman I've managed to speak to my dealer in time. My options have been reduced though. Managed to get 1.3 Zeta Limited Edition. They are open tomorrow. If everything goes fine will manage to get it registered in my name on Monday. There is no infotainment system available in that model. They said a pioneer system can be paired with the rear camera and steering mounted controls at 19000 extra which i believe is a good deal. I don't need a navigation system as google on phone is the best in that regard. Any idea what brand is the stock infotainment? Nippon is my guess after years of realtion between them.
Old 5th March 2016, 19:48   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Attachment 1481911

[b]Submission of a DDIS 320 owner after 3400 kms in 36 days.........
Prajesh! You are munching miles at great speed too! Nice crisp review .
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 21:06   #3522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to volkman I've managed to speak to my dealer in time. My options have been reduced though. Managed to get 1.3 Zeta Limited Edition. They are open tomorrow. If everything goes fine will manage to get it registered in my name on Monday.
I thought the limited edition was only for Sigma and Delta editions. Zeta edition without infotainment system sounds a bit illogical to me.
Old 5th March 2016, 22:29   #3523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I thought the limited edition was only for Sigma and Delta editions. Zeta edition without infotainment system sounds a bit illogical to me.
I'm also not heard about this 1.3 Zeta limited edition without the infotainment system.

@anycatd. You mean this limited edition Zeta comes with Cruise control, but no infotainment system. looks some what strange.
Old 5th March 2016, 23:32   #3524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The thing is: others on road will 'respect' (means give way) bigger cars.
Respect? For S-Cross?? No buddy. There is absolutely no respect for this beast Even though it has a tiger's heart, it looks like a poor cat outside. It is usually looked at as a hatchback and does not intimidate anyone with its non-SUV looks, unlike a Creta or a Duster, which commands a lot of respect. I am sure, once Brezza is out, it will get more respect than what my poor S-Cross gets.

Quote:
Managed to get 1.3 Zeta Limited Edition. They are open tomorrow. If everything goes fine will manage to get it registered in my name on Monday. There is no infotainment system available in that model. They said a pioneer system can be paired with the rear camera and steering mounted controls at 19000 extra which i believe is a good deal. I don't need a navigation system as google on phone is the best in that regard. Any idea what brand is the stock infotainment? Nippon is my guess after years of realtion between them.
@anycatd - Buddy, please don't get me wrong. But please make sure you are not being taken for a ride (by your dealer) before you complete the purchase. Firstly, none of us have heard of a Zeta Limited Edition. The Limited edition was based on the Delta model, where they added alloys, Fog lamps, reverse camera and some additional features. Probably the dealer was trying to say that it is the limited edition variant similar to the Zeta

When you say there is NO infotainment system, do you mean that it is missing the Smartplay infotainment system or no system at all? Sigma is the only variant without any infotainment system and Delta is the only variant with non-touch screen audio player. If the car offered to is a 1.3 Zeta model, it should have the below features. Even if one of these is missing - believe me, it is not Zeta variant. I don't think any manufacturer will remove features from a limited edition.
  • Engine Push button start + pure keyless entry
  • ACC
  • Cruise Control
  • Driver Seat Height adjuster
  • Rear demister + washer + wiper
  • Electrically foldable ORVM with integrated LED Turn indicator
  • Rear Armrest
Please be vigilant and make the right call.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Vigkey : 5th March 2016 at 23:39.
Old 5th March 2016, 23:59   #3525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Any one has tried this Nitro Diesel Car Power and Torque ECU Tuning Chip for S-Cross?
It's an OBD2 plug and play small device.

http://www.amazon.in/Diesel-Torque-T...ywords=s-cross

The features claimed are 'Gives 35% more power and 25% more torque'
Stay away. Do a YouTube search on 'Performance chip scams' & you will see.

40bhp + 80 NM for 1,300 bucks. Professional tuners like Pete's etc would go out of business then, lolzzz!

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 6th March 2016 at 00:00.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks