Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 13:49   #3571
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi,

On my recent long drive, I got a mileage in excess of 22 km/l and enjoying every bit of my delta 1.6.

During the drive, I faced two problems with respect to reflections.
1. Reflection from the dash which becomes unbearable some times of the day.
2. Reflection of air went in the rear view mirror on the driver side. Specially the silver lining is very irritating.

Has anybody faced similar problems? If so, what did you do to reduce the glare?

I am going for my first service this saturday. Do I have to ask for any particular checks?

Thanks very much in advance

cheers,
girish

Last edited by girishv : 9th March 2016 at 14:01.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 14:13   #3572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

2. Reflection of air went in the rear view mirror on the driver side. Specially the silver lining is very irritating.

Has anybody faced similar problems? If so, what did you do to reduce the glare?
Air vent reflection in the side view mirror is really an irritant. . I tried covering with a black tape just to see how the reflection in the side mirror. The reflection was totally absent.

Looking for some good Non-Chrome frames which can be applied to reduce the reflection. Saw some frames are available in Amazon, but all are chrome plated. May be some one comes up with a non reflective frame and we can get rid of that.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:23   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Air vent reflection in the side view mirror is really an irritant. . I tried covering with a black tape just to see how the reflection in the side mirror. The reflection was totally absent.

Looking for some good Non-Chrome frames which can be applied to reduce the reflection. Saw some frames are available in Amazon, but all are chrome plated. May be some one comes up with a non reflective frame and we can get rid of that.

While checking for the solution, came across this. Looks like a good solution

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...r-200-inr.html

Should try sometime

girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 16:46   #3574

Did a Pune-Banglore-Pune dash in 72 hours in my 1.3 Zeta.

Basically total flight cost was working to approximately 55K for 3 adults and one child. Also the decision was made at 9.30 pm. So decided to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP3776 View Post
Have been grappling with an issue in my 1.3 Zeta.

Around the first service mark I noticed an ever so slight vibration / feedback on the steering initially while reversing out of my parking.
Had to call the Service Engineer and ask if it was safe to travel with the issue in my car. He assured me that I could.

Left at 4.30 in the morning from Pune to avoid the overcrowded highways in Maharashtra. (Seriously whenever I cross out of Maharashtra the traffic just drops, be it any direction..Hyderabad, MP, Gujarat, Karnataka etc.)

The car just handles beautifully and your confidence just grows as the miles go by. Have done this stretch many times in the past in my Swift and then in the Ertiga, but the S Cross is a different beast. Bad patches are dismissed nonchalantly. Even my mom sitting in the rear seat commented on the ride quality. The braking is a boon with the all round discs.

The 1.3 has a very sweet cruising spot between 80 kmph and close to 120 kmph. The NVH levels between those speeds is very well controlled and the engine never feels strained. In fact it is eager for more. Beyond 120 and till the 140 mark there definitely is an increase in engine noise, but I was enjoying the drive too much to notice. Did a few stretches beyond 140, but here the steering becomes floaty and I was reminded that I was getting carried away. Will check with the SA about that.

Around the curves on the road is where you realize just how good this car is in the handling department. Minimum body roll, and where other cars had to slow down I noticed I could take them without reaching for the brake pedal.
Driving position too was super comfortable and the sliding arm rest is a boon.

Total return on the mileage was 17.7 kmph (for a round trip of 1784 kms with 80 kms in traffic both sides) which I was happy about considering I was driving fast. This figure is based on information from the MID. Between 70 to 100 kmph is where the car is the most frugal. (I remember doing one short trip of app. 170 kms in the tuning period where I got 24.2 kmph)

Total cost of Diesel and toll both ways = Rs. 7000 app.

Only one drawback was the boot space. But I guess any increase there would have just changed the driving dynamics of the car.

Initially I thought I missed out on the 1.6 as I was offered a discount but not how much I wanted. Also I went for the 1.3 Zeta and not the 1.6 Zeta because I wanted the comfort of the ACC and the Cruise Control. This drive convinced me that I did no wrong. The 1.3 is a very very capable tourer. Yes the 1.6 would have scorched the highway but this car performed admirably too and I love it.
PSP3776 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 17:12   #3575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

On my recent long drive, I got a mileage in excess of 22 km/l and enjoying every bit of my delta 1.6.
Awesome FE for a 1.6 machine. So, what was the speed that you maintained to achieve this FE?
Old 9th March 2016, 17:29   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Awesome FE for a 1.6 machine. So, what was the speed that you maintained to achieve this FE?
Since I hasn't covered 1000km, kept to 100 +/- 10 for most of the journey with rpm not exceeding 2k at any time.

Only for a very small stretch before Tumkur the odo showed 140.

And, most of the journey was in 6th gear

Girish
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 17:44   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP3776 View Post
The car just handles beautifully and your confidence just grows as the miles go by. Have done this stretch many times in the past in my Swift and then in the Ertiga, but the S Cross is a different beast. Bad patches are dismissed nonchalantly.

The 1.3 has a very sweet cruising spot between 80 kmph and close to 120 kmph. The NVH levels between those speeds is very well controlled and the engine never feels strained.

Around the curves on the road is where you realize just how good this car is in the handling department. Minimum body roll, and where other cars had to slow down I noticed I could take them without reaching for the brake pedal.
Driving position too was super comfortable and the sliding arm rest is a boon.

The 1.3 is a very very capable tourer. Yes the 1.6 would have scorched the highway but this car performed admirably too and I love it.
This is getting to sound very familiar indeed!

BTW, I had to do a day-long trip last weekend - 140 kms on a 4-lane carriageway and about 100 on average to bad roads - and in spite of the mid-heavy traffic, I was ready for a game of tennis upon my return.
Old 9th March 2016, 17:46   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
I took delivery of my 1.3 Zeta few days back and I am already having problems with the car. There is a big patch of oil in the parking lot under the car below the bonnet area. The MASS technicians confirmed that it is an oil leak but they do not know if it is engine oil leak or gear oil leak. They topped up the oil and took the car to the workshop to examine it. After examining it, they will give me an answer. I think I got a lemon!
The car is in the workshop. The local NEXA service advisor says they have fixed the leak. But he says that they must keep the car in the workshop for 2 more days. An engineer from their plant (maybe Gurgaon) is going to visit and inspect the vehicle. They say this is the first time such a problem has been discovered in S-Cross. They fear that the engine oil might have leaked into the gearbox assembly. Looks like they need to dissect the guts of the vehicle. Meanwhile, they have offered to give me another vehicle to travel for next few days. I'm really pissed. I think I've wasted my money!

What if I have problems later on (in the vehicle life span) because of this issue? Even the insurance will not cover it. Shouldn't I be entitled to receive a replacement for this defective car?
Old 9th March 2016, 20:37   #3579
BHPian

Remapped...Code6

A big thanks to sudeepg for his venture into code 6
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-codde6.jpg
Just did the remap in the evening at Code6 garage in Cochin
Initial impressions are AWESOME...
Engine now is free revving, Turbo kicks have returned
Torque would be somewhere close to 260. No idea of figures.

I asked for a remap to improve the low and mid end. It has worked beautifully.
The engine has become more silent. Lower end has become much better, comparable to a petrol car. The engine revvs to 6k in third gear.

Had a broken heart after Maruti had announced the revised prices.
Mended a bit after the remap. Will do a detailed review in the thread. Waiting for the official power and torque figures.

Last edited by sandygordon : 9th March 2016 at 20:38.
sandygordon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 20:48   #3580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
The car is in the workshop. The local NEXA service advisor says they have fixed the leak. ....They fear that the engine oil might have leaked into the gearbox assembly. Looks like they need to dissect the guts of the vehicle.
Where was the leak from? I think the service advisor is just trying to brag about his work and giving all sorts of theories. Firstly, its not easy for engine oil to seep into gearbox. Both are separately sealed and physically separated by the clutch housing. Normally, the oil can leak from the packing around the crankshaft and then seep down into the clutch housing, which has an opening at the bottom. The oil comes out of this. Now if it has to go to the gearbox, it should again travel upwards and beat the oil seal of the gearbox and then get into it. Not sure how he feels oil will flow against gravity. I bet they wouldnt have opened the gearbox either.

He wanted two days of time to check if it leaks again and to convince you he gave a bigger theory saying all these so that you will agree to miss your car for two more days. What an idiot who tries to scare the customer instead of explaining the need to observe the car for a long duration.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 20:54   #3581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Where was the leak from? I think the service advisor is just trying to brag about his work and giving all sorts of theories. Firstly, its not easy for engine oil to seep into gearbox. Both are separately sealed and physically separated by the clutch housing. Normally, the oil can leak from the packing around the crankshaft and then seep down into the clutch housing, which has an opening at the bottom. The oil comes out of this. Now if it has to go to the gearbox, it should again travel upwards and beat the oil seal of the gearbox and then get into it. Not sure how he feels oil will flow against gravity. I bet they wouldnt have opened the gearbox either.

He wanted two days of time to check if it leaks again and to convince you he gave a bigger theory saying all these so that you will agree to miss your car for two more days. What an idiot who tries to scare the customer instead of explaining the need to observe the car for a long duration.
And add to it,wouldn't the clutch feel a bit funny if there is an oil seepage into the clutch housing?
Old 9th March 2016, 21:18   #3582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
And add to it,wouldn't the clutch feel a bit funny if there is an oil seepage into the clutch housing?
Funny if the clutch gets in contact with oil. In case of a slight seepage as this the clutch won't slip.
Old 9th March 2016, 22:03   #3583
BHPian

Have been driving in the 2000 RPM range for the last few weeks and the Car(1.3) seems to be a completely different animal. Seems to be much more responsive and accelerates much faster. The FE seems to have dropped a bit but hoping it will stabilize in some time.
Old 9th March 2016, 23:34   #3584
BHPian

Re: Remapped...Code6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Congratulations sandygordon !!!

Now we have three remapped S-Cross owners on this forum
1. Mi10
2. Sudeepg
3. Sandygordon

Congratulations to all of you. Seems many will take inspiration from 3 of you and will travel on the path of remapping

By the by, I could see Sudeepg's car on the Facebook page of Code 6 (First remapped S-cross from Bangalore?)

Last edited by Sree73 : 9th March 2016 at 23:37.
Old 10th March 2016, 01:09   #3585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
A big thanks to sudeepg for his venture into code 6
Attachment 1484218
Engine now is free revving, Turbo kicks have returned
Torque would be somewhere close to 260. No idea of figures.

I asked for a remap to improve the low and mid end. It has worked beautifully.
The engine has become more silent. Lower end has become much better, comparable to a petrol car. The engine revvs to 6k in third gear.

Had a broken heart after Maruti had announced the revised prices.
Mended a bit after the remap. Will do a detailed review in the thread. Waiting for the official power and torque figures.
Will this impact warranty in any way?

Is this tuning permanent?

What happens if during service tuning is reset by service center for some reason?

Is there something to get it tuned again?

Is it legal?

If the battery is disconnected for long duration will that impact this tuning?

What else can reset the tuning?

Is it a service or hardware plugged in?

Which stage did you choose 1,2,3,custom?

How much does it cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks