Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2016, 21:57   #3541
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Trust me, you are not alone, I have been in the same boat and my wife keeps telling me, I don't think u would have spent so much time choosing your wife, jokes apart i have also decided to hold off till such time a good diesel automatic brings a smile and is within my budget.
Opted out of the deal. Looking at cheaper alternatives or maybe a used car. Will Brezza be a stable car at sane speeds?
Old 8th March 2016, 09:33   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss_now View Post
Dear S-Cross experts,

Thanks for all the insightful information shared on this thread. I have two questions.

1) I could not find EBD mentioned anywhere in S-Cross official website/documents. Instead only ABS is mentioned. Is EBD implied? If not then how safe is S-Cross ABS without EBD?

2) I understand that S-Cross alpha comes with leather seat covers which are basically made of PU leather. Based on my personal experience with coastal climate, PU leather seat covers is a terrible idea. I felt the same during my extended S-Cross Alpha test drive. My question: Is it possible to get M-Suzuki deliver S-Cross alpha with fabric seat covers? What would be the process?

Cheers,
Really appreciate if I can get response from our experts. I'm in the process of deciding and the above concerns are very important to me.

Cheers.
Old 8th March 2016, 10:52   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
Dear S-Cross experts,

Thanks for all the insightful information shared on this thread. I have two questions.

1) I could not find EBD mentioned anywhere in S-Cross official website/documents. Instead only ABS is mentioned. Is EBD implied? If not then how safe is S-Cross ABS without EBD?
I am not really sure if EBD was given a miss in the S-Cross. I find it really surprising as my Dzire has it and Baleno also has it. But the S-Cross brochure only mentions ABS, which makes me feel EBD might not be present.

Quote:
2) I understand that S-Cross alpha comes with leather seat covers which are basically made of PU leather. Based on my personal experience with coastal climate, PU leather seat covers is a terrible idea. I felt the same during my extended S-Cross Alpha test drive. My question: Is it possible to get M-Suzuki deliver S-Cross alpha with fabric seat covers? What would be the process?
S-Cross comes with Leather seat, however it is a combination of genuine leather and man made leather (PU Leather). The brochure clearly mentions "Some part of the leather appointed seat upholstery will contain man-made material". My previous RM had explained how it actually is a mix of genuine and man-made leather. The concept is called touch leather - i.e. the materials that touches our body will be genuine leather and the other parts will be man-made leather. Even our Mod Vid6639 had confirmed that the same concept exists with other manufacturers like Toyota. The quality of the leather might not be top grade, but it is very good IMO.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 11:11   #3544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to get M-Suzuki deliver S-Cross alpha with fabric seat covers? What would be the process?

Cheers,
They don't take custom orders. You may need to check with outside vendors to see if they can swap the seat covers with a fabric one. If that doesn't work, then you can try putting the fabric seat cover on top of the existing one. Better option would be to stick with the factory fitted seat cover.

Last edited by arun_josie : 8th March 2016 at 11:21.
Old 8th March 2016, 13:05   #3545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfreydesylva View Post
If I connect the Ipod (I have a 120GB one) it plays the tracks. But most of the time the display gets hanged and not able to change to Radio / Bluetooth. The 4 quadrant display does not respond except to the navigation. The music tracks can be changed from the buttons on steering wheel.

I was having a similar problem with a 64 GB pen drive which had some folders and video. Changed to 8GB pen drive of only audio and everything is working fine.
The system probably hangs if too much information is processed??
I am using a 1TB HDD with about 400 GB of Songs (uncompressed). The system is very effective and fast in searching and pulling out stuff. However the system does hang now and then. I think it is mostly because of varying touch response time. Sometimes if the touch doesnt respond instantly, we tend to press that again - This is more often than not, a reason for system freeze.
Hence i have adapted my style a bit, nowadays i wait for a second or two for the system to react, before proceeding with my next move
Mi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 14:58   #3546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
They don't take custom orders. You may need to check with outside vendors to see if they can swap the seat covers with a fabric one. If that doesn't work, then you can try putting the fabric seat cover on top of the existing one. Better option would be to stick with the factory fitted seat cover.
Hi,

if it suits you, I am ready to exchange it with my Delta seats having fabric cover

girish
Old 8th March 2016, 15:05   #3547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

if it suits you, I am ready to exchange it with my Delta seats having fabric cover

girish
You quoted the wrong person mate
Its bliss_now who is looking for fabric cover and not liking the leather covers that comes with the top end model.
Old 8th March 2016, 15:42   #3548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I am not really sure if EBD was given a miss in the S-Cross. I find it really surprising as my Dzire has it and Baleno also has it. But the S-Cross brochure only mentions ABS, which makes me feel EBD might not be present.
Thanks VigKey. Yes, I'm surprised too. I'm guessing EBD omission in S-Cross could be for cost reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
S-Cross comes with Leather seat, however it is a combination of genuine leather and man made leather (PU Leather). The brochure clearly mentions "Some part of the leather appointed seat upholstery will contain man-made material". My previous RM had explained how it actually is a mix of genuine and man-made leather. The concept is called touch leather - i.e. the materials that touches our body will be genuine leather and the other parts will be man-made leather. Even our Mod Vid6639 had confirmed that the same concept exists with other manufacturers like Toyota. The quality of the leather might not be top grade, but it is very good IMO.
I have no complaints about the quality. Speaking for myself, S-Cross OEM leather seats is certainly not a good idea in hot and humid coastal climate. Dealer is coming up with some options, let me wait and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks arun_josie. As mentioned in my earlier post, the dealer is coming up with some interesting options. Let me wait and see.

Last edited by Zappo : 8th March 2016 at 16:21. Reason: No back to back posts within the first 20 minutes please. Use the edit button to add to your existing post.
Old 8th March 2016, 16:19   #3549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks arun_josie. As mentioned in my earlier post, the dealer is coming up with some interesting options. Let me wait and see.
Please keep us posted on the options offered by the dealer. For my better half, leather is a deal breaker, which is holding me back from considering the S-Cross.
Old 8th March 2016, 16:37   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Please keep us posted on the options offered by the dealer. For my better half, leather is a deal breaker, which is holding me back from considering the S-Cross.
@KiloAlpha, Why not look at Zeta ?
Old 8th March 2016, 17:57   #3551
BHPian

I took delivery of my 1.3 Zeta few days back and I am already having problems with the car. There is a big patch of oil in the parking lot under the car below the bonnet area. The MASS technicians confirmed that it is an oil leak but they do not know if it is engine oil leak or gear oil leak. They topped up the oil and took the car to the workshop to examine it. After examining it, they will give me an answer. I think I got a lemon!
Old 8th March 2016, 17:58   #3552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VigKey. Yes, I'm surprised too. I'm guessing EBD omission in S-Cross could be for cost reasons
EBD is integrated with ABS these days and is no longer considered to be separate with the current generation of ABS units. Now ESP is the extra add on to ABS which is heavily advertised. The S-Cross does have EBD along with ABS.

MSIL have a really bad PR team which only knows how to use all sorts of adjectives from the dictionary to fill up content. Its totally stupid to see 10% technical spec and the rest all is of some flashy sentences which add no value for a person seeking information. If it was possible to me, I would have fired the entire team making brochures and websites, and though I have no experience with both, I would have just copy pasted info from the specifications provided by the engineers instead of copy pasting from some dictionary.

I saw the S-Cross brochure sometime when I was researching and I found out so many statements which were a waste of space. I quote the accessory brochure:

Quote:
Keep the exquisite exterior of your car looking as good as new with the Premium Body Cover
I personally would have rather liked it as:
Quote:
Our tyvek car cover ensures that the exterior of your car is looking as good as new with its water and dust proof properties
Here, instead of a stupid adjective, they could have mentioned the material of the cover. Provides more information, which is again difficult to get unless we explore the product ourself. A last one to end my rant:

Quote:
An assortment of exclusive accessories, depicting lavishness in the truest sense, is wrapped into one package. Designed to complement your taste for the finer things in life
Is this some novel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
I took delivery of my 1.3 Zeta few days back and I am already having problems with the car. There is a big patch of oil in the parking lot under the car below the bonnet area. The MASS technicians confirmed that it is an oil leak but they do not know if it is engine oil leak or gear oil leak. They topped up the oil and took the car to the workshop to examine it. After examining it, they will give me an answer. I think I got a lemon!
It is mostly a faulty oil seal near the crankshaft which leads to engine oil leaking down from the clutch housing. Can be fixed. Nothing much to worry about. My cousins SX4 petrol also had this problem on day one and it was a half day job.

Last edited by audioholic : 8th March 2016 at 18:11.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 18:13   #3553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
Don't worry. I am sure it won't be anything major. They should fix it to your satisfaction. I had a damaged wiper identified on first service and they replaced it.
Old 8th March 2016, 18:39   #3554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
EBD is integrated with ABS these days and is no longer considered to be separate with the current generation of ABS units. Now ESP is the extra add on to ABS which is heavily advertised. The S-Cross does have EBD along with ABS.

MSIL have a really bad PR team which only knows how to use all sorts of adjectives from the dictionary to fill up content. Its totally stupid to see 10% technical spec and the rest all is of some flashy sentences which add no value for a person seeking information. If it was possible to me, I would have fired the entire team making brochures and websites, and though I have no experience with both, I would have just copy pasted info from the specifications provided by the engineers instead of copy pasting from some dictionary.

I saw the S-Cross brochure sometime when I was researching and I found out so many statements which were a waste of space. I quote the accessory brochure:

I personally would have rather liked it as:
Here, instead of a stupid adjective, they could have mentioned the material of the cover. Provides more information, which is again difficult to get unless we explore the product ourself. A last one to end my rant:

Is this some novel?

It is mostly a faulty oil seal near the crankshaft which leads to engine oil leaking down from the clutch housing. Can be fixed. Nothing much to worry about. My cousins SX4 petrol also had this problem on day one and it was a half day job.
Agree with you about the brochures but here is a set that I found online on another site which seems to be doing a pretty good job of comparing all variants of S-Cross across 1.3 and 1.6. Never saw them at the dealership though.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrossfeaturescomfortconvenience.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrossfeaturesexteriorandinterior.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrossfeatures.jpg  

Old 8th March 2016, 20:23   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thanks audioholic. This is an interesting situation for someone like me (non-auto-expert) who has to deal with several information sources - wiki, your friendly auto-expert neighbor, dealer, and many other internet sources/forums.

For now, based on your post, I will take comfort that S-Cross's ABS package includes EBD - unless someone on team-bhp has a different view.

Most Viewed