Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 18:16   #3631
BHPian

This new limited edition is kind of lame from Maruti! The lack of touchscreen system is a huge deal breaker and I don't understand why they thought someone would prefer sporty pedals and steering covers over a touch system. Also, I still cannot get over the fact that Maruti is only trying to push the DDiS 200 and not the 1.6l beast. People would surely choose the brezza over this edition of S-Cross as well simply because you get a well rounded package, superb styling and the same engine! If they had come up with an edition, trimming down all the unwanted features and threw in the 1.6l at a tempting price point, then it would have been fantastic from Maruti. Not this!
Old 14th March 2016, 20:04   #3632
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
hi Vigkey, Can you please post your pictures of S-Cross with Momo Black Knights - Wanted to see how it looks , did you upsize the tires.
Hi Veels n Rhodes!!! As of now, I have only the attached pic which has a decent view of the alloys. I will try to take some more pics and attach in a different post.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.jpg

I am VERY happy with the looks of the alloys and have got a lot of compliments from my friends and many Nexa RMs alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
did you upsize the tires.
No. I did not. I did not want to void the warranty by any means. This is my first new car and do not want to take any reasons with any mods that will impact warranty. Just FYI, I went with the Continental MaxContact MC5 in stock size of 205/60 R16.

Update on my car

I have completed ~1250 kms with 40% highway and 100% with AC.

I am just back from our Tirupati trip and the car was exceptional to drive on the highways. It was immensely comfortable for me and also the occupants. Tirupati trip was with 5 occupants + fully packed in the car and the car had no troubles at any point of time. Initially I found it a bit difficult in the city, but now I am used to it.

The highway run also gave exceptional mileage. At one point the I had got 21.5 kmpl. At the end of whole trip the MID showed 17.5 kmpl which included climbing up and down the Tirumala hills mostly in 2nd gear and some heavy traffic in Tirupati.

However, just like Mi10 had, I am also having the steering vibration in speeds exceeding 125 kmph. Went to my tire / alloy guy to get a hub rung added and that will be done tomorrow. Till yesterday I was running the engine in and making sure I am within 3k rpm. I have another long drive planned this week and since I have already completed 1250 kms, I want to open up the engine and do not want to be restricted by the steering vibrations.
Vigkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 20:17   #3633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hi Veels n Rhodes!!! As of now, I have only the attached pic which has a decent view of the alloys. I will try to take some more pics and attach in a different post.
Thank you Vigkey for the picture, Really - the alloys change the character of the car - alloys indeed look gorgeous , happy to hear that it was comfortable ride with fully packed cabin.

S-Cross could have increased the sales in India just by replacing the alloys with some diamond cut alloy designs or the European ones.

Please post more side profile pictures of the car once you are free. I am seriously considering this for my first car (along with Ecosport ) as the interior space is quite good, the cabin quality feels premium ( compared to other Maruti Suzuki cars including Vitara Brezza) and also backed by Suzuki service network.

Decent 90Ps engine should be enough for my first ownership.

Last edited by ampere : 14th March 2016 at 22:45. Reason: Edited quoted content
Veels n Rhodes is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 21:53   #3634
BHPian

Our Scross forum is going on and on and we all are loving our Mean machine, aren't we?
Completed 10k in 3 months and had my major service done. Service was done at Noida Sector 8 Motorcraft and except few management problems, everything went smooth.Problems I faced were lack of information mechanics have in service station like which grade 1.6 need for engine oil, where is fuel filter and things like lack of Engine oil and fuel filter for 1.6 engine etc.
I have upgraded my media system to latest software and service guy informed me that you will be able to use car play now. But when I checked, its still not working. Any inputs guys?

Also got hub rings fitted today to cancel vibration I am facing at around 125 kms/hr.
Some pictures below
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160307_153138.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160307_154025.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160314_190311.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160314_190433.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-file_000.jpeg  

chaudharysaab is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 22:42   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Surprisingly, the limited edition has the cruise control.
Correct me if I am wrong.
1.3 Zeta always had cruise control. ( Cruise control is not available in 1.6 Zeta )

Not sure we can call it as a limited edition. Not able to understand the rationale behind coming up an edition like this.
Old 15th March 2016, 00:49   #3636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
1.3 Zeta always had cruise control. ( Cruise control is not available in 1.6 Zeta )

Not sure we can call it as a limited edition. Not able to understand the rationale behind coming up an edition like this.
Lack of supply of infotainment maybe. Its used in 4 cars now. Demand must be very high.
Old 15th March 2016, 06:13   #3637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Actually limited version of very apt. It is to show that this version has LIMITED set of features compared to regular version.

Girish
girishv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 06:54   #3638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Lack of supply of infotainment maybe. Its used in 4 cars now. Demand must be very high.
Yes. Could be. The same infotainment is shared across all the new launches and Baleno & Brezza is rocking the sales / booking charts.

Or, they may be having some reasoning for coming up with this ackward "Limited Edition", which we are not be able to digest because of the lack of clarity/info in the public domain.

Last edited by Sree73 : 15th March 2016 at 06:58.
Old 15th March 2016, 08:39   #3639
BANNED

Quote:
As of now, I have only the attached pic which has a decent view of the alloys.
Your car looks smashing buddy. Good choice of alloys!

PS: In the picture, Is the hood not closed properly? I can see a gap hence the doubt.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 09:28   #3640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Your car looks smashing buddy. Good choice of alloys!

PS: In the picture, Is the hood not closed properly? I can see a gap hence the doubt.
Thanks Anurag!!!

No Anurag, the hood is closed properly but the panel gaps are not proper :thumbdown: The other side of the bonnet is actually a little better. On this side, you can actually put your finger between the hood and headlamp.

I missed to ask about that during service. Will take it up next time I visit the service station.
Old 15th March 2016, 09:30   #3641
BANNED

Quote:
No Anurag, the hood is closed properly but the panel gaps are not proper. The other side of the bonnet is actually a little better. On this side, you can actually put your finger between the hood and headlamp.
Not good for a Premium Maruti.

Do get it realigned at MASS when you visit them. Looks odd when observed carefully.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 12:29   #3642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Also got hub rings fitted today to cancel vibration I am facing at around 125 kms/hr.
Some pictures below
Chaudharysaab, how much did it cost in total including labour? I'm in one of the shops in JC Road Bangalore and they are quoting 750 per ring. I felt it's too much. Any thoughts?
Old 15th March 2016, 13:16   #3643
BHPian

Quote:
Chaudharysaab, how much did it cost in total including labour? I'm in one of the shops in JC Road Bangalore and they are quoting 750 per ring. I felt it's too much. Any thoughts?
It cost me 1500/- total.
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 13:46   #3644
Senior - BHPian

Don't know but i see less people opting for blue color. Any particular reason why the blue color doesn't sell well? Is it hard to maintain?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 15th March 2016 at 13:47.
Old 15th March 2016, 14:24   #3645
Distinguished - BHPian

With Vitara Brezza getting the 1.0 L boosterjet engine as the petrol variant, it is imminent the same will come in S Cross too.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ol-400834.aspx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks