Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 10:29   #2131
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Is it just me or the remote key range is very limited .
I have also felt the same.
Its got worse with the ebay rubber cover.
Try after removing the rubber cover. You are sure to get more range. More over my dzire key remote had more range.
Old 28th October 2015, 10:34   #2132
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I have also felt the same.
Its got worse with the ebay rubber cover.
Try after removing the rubber cover. You are sure to get more range. More over my dzire key remote had more range.
Tried that already, no difference. The battery might be responsible and changing that could maybe help but i doubt. But this is a big let down.
Old 28th October 2015, 10:48   #2133
Senior - BHPian

I feel a lot of negativity on this thread for the S-Cross. I understand that most of it is around the 1.6 engine. But calling it a Kizashi-like failure is a slight stretch of that negativity IMO.

I have really liked the ride quality and build quality of the S-Cross. The rear seat comfort is probably one of the best. I took a TD of the 1.3 Scross and I found it pretty good for daily city rides. The lag is minimal, compared to the 1.6. The 1.3 is also decently priced when you look at all other cars in the country having the VGT 90 BHP engine, like the Linea, Ciaz, Punto Evo Sport, etc.

Someone told me that I must be insane to put 11+ lakhs on an engine which is also used by the Swift, Ritz, Dzire, Vista, Bolt,...etc.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 11:04   #2134
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I feel a lot of negativity on this thread for the S-Cross. I understand that most of it is around the 1.6 engine. But calling it a Kizashi-like failure is a slight stretch of that negativity IMO.

I have really liked the ride quality and build quality of the S-Cross. The rear seat comfort is probably one of the best. I took a TD of the 1.3 Scross and I found it pretty good for daily city rides. The lag is minimal, compared to the 1.6. The 1.3 is also decently priced when you look at all other cars in the country having the VGT 90 BHP engine, like the Linea, Ciaz, Punto Evo Sport, etc.

Someone told me that I must be insane to put 11+ lakhs on an engine which is also used by the Swift, Ritz, Dzire, Vista, Bolt,...etc.
I guess the reasons are certain preconceived notions and prejudices against Maruti. Also, i feel we as Indians have a tendancy to unduly criticize anything Indian in favour of foreign ones (some people might cite Suzuki as the foreign connection). With due repect, I see no other reason for people saying that how can Maruti sell a really premium product with good build quality at 12.5 lakh OTR. The same set of people are pretty happy batting for a drilled down version of a Korean competitor for more than that amount. I say this although i own three cars from the same competitor and pretty happy with them.

The S Cross Alpha i believe is the most VFM car available at this time with the set of features it provides along with awesome ride quality. The only place i find it a bit lacking are the NVH levels. Other than that it's a perfect vehicle. I believe it will get its due in good time. I still remember how Swift and Dezire were initially written off. That's my two cents.

Last edited by t0m : 28th October 2015 at 11:33.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 11:18   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
3) The locking system is little crazy. To open all 5 locks we need to press black sensor twice or even the open lock on the main key needs to be pressed twice. If we press once only the driver side gets unlocked. (Friends If I am missing any trick here, please correct me).
This is very useful feature as you do not want someone else to get into your car when you do not want them to. This is a safety feature.

Quote:
Is it just me or the remote key range is very limited.
Try taking the remote close to your temple area near your forehead. it increases the range (don't ask me how). This trick works with mostly all car remote locks.
Old 28th October 2015, 11:23   #2136
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
This is very useful feature as you do not want someone else to get into your car when you do not want them to. This is a safety feature.
I agree this is a very useful saftey feature. Despite that i had to disable it after a week of angry glances from wifey as everytime we got into the car i would forget to press the open button so that the other doors also open and she can get in .

Quote:
Try taking the remote close to your temple area near your forehead. it increases the range (don't ask me how). This trick works with mostly all car remote locks.
Sounded bizarre but actually tried it . Did not work at all. Maybe holding it near your head increases the height at which the remote is held, thereby increasing the range marginally.

Last edited by t0m : 28th October 2015 at 11:29.
Old 28th October 2015, 11:32   #2137
Senior - BHPian

On locking part, I will rather have angry glances from my wife than a grin on a laptop bag or car thief!

Quote:
Sounded bizarre but actually tried it . Did not work at all . Maybe holding it near your head increases the height at which the remote is held, thereby increasing the range marginally.
I checked the internet (after your reply) and found that it works (in most of the cases). Google it and you will find some explanation. One of them is this: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/tech...care-rem-83663

I tried this a number of time when I carelessly walked away from my car without locking it. Remote worked after taking next to temple when it was not working previously.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 28th October 2015 at 11:34.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 11:44   #2138
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
On locking part, I will rather have angry glances from my wife than a grin on a laptop bag or car thief!

I checked the internet (after your reply) and found that it works (in most of the cases). Google it and you will find some explanation. One of them is this: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/tech...care-rem-83663

I tried this a number of time when I carelessly walked away from my car without locking it. Remote worked after taking next to temple when it was not working previously.
Holding the remote to your chin does seem to have an affect. Bizzare but the link you shared gives some method to the madness.

Last edited by t0m : 28th October 2015 at 11:45.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:25   #2139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
owners( Delta, Zeta variants) awaiting to upgrade to Projector/HID head lamps.

Stocks are available (Confirmed for Bangalore) and the upgrade cost is INR 38 k all inclusive ( bulbs, wiring , ballast and installation). Co-ordinate the installation with your RM at Nexa.
Update :

Though stocks have come, Maruti Suzuki has instructed dealers Not to undertake this upgrade on lower variants citing there is a mismatch in wiring harness.
Those looking for Projector lamp /HID upgrade on lower variants for both S Cross/ Baleno will need to go after market.

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th October 2015 at 12:26.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:33   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Finally I saw S-cross in person, I mean, I sat in one and closely experienced the car for the first time inside out. My reaction was

I was completely blown away by the S-cross. This is the best Maruti ever. Photos don't do justice at all. You have to see the car in person only to feel it. Alloys also actually not bad and looks better than photos. Car also feels bigger than seen in the photos. When sat inside I was plesantly surprised by the sheer quality of the car. Its too good & its hard to believe its a Maruti product. I dare to say here that quality I found to be better than current Honda, Ford, Toyota cars and is easily comparable to VW cars, I mean it. Build quality also I found to be very good. Fit & finish, panel gaps and paint quality was excellent too. Though it looks like grown up hatch, its actually a C2 segment car IMHO. One can buy it instead of cars like Ciaz, Verna, City etc. It has more features than all these cars and price wise also its comparable. In fact DDiS 200 is cheaper than City and Verna. The feel I got in the car was really good and felt the luxury immediately. I will be really sad if this car sells less than 3000 units per month.
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 12:43   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Finally I saw S-cross in person, I mean, I sat in one and closely experienced the car for the first time inside out. My reaction was

I was completely blown away by the S-cross. This is the best Maruti ever. Photos don't do justice at all. You have to see the car in person only to feel it. Alloys also actually not bad and looks better than photos. Car also feels bigger than seen in the photos. When sat inside I was plesantly surprised by the sheer quality of the car. Its too good & its hard to believe its a Maruti product. I dare to say here that quality I found to be better than current Honda, Ford, Toyota cars and is easily comparable to VW cars, I mean it. Build quality also I found to be very good. Fit & finish, panel gaps and paint quality was excellent too. Though it looks like grown up hatch, its actually a C2 segment car IMHO. One can buy it instead of cars like Ciaz, Verna, City etc. It has more features than all these cars and price wise also its comparable. In fact DDiS 200 is cheaper than City and Verna. The feel I got in the car was really good and felt the luxury immediately. I will be really sad if this car sells less than 3000 units per month.

Pls take the car for a spin too. Nexa guys are very accomodating and will give a long test drive(based on my experience with Shivaji Nagar Nexa Showroom). We took almost 20-25 Kms test drive on Pune Bypass twice.

The composure of the car at speeds and over broken roads is amazing. I drove only the 1.6 litre one and the car really pulls on all gears. Only fly in the ointment (and I will be nitpicking really) is the inherent gruff nature of DDIS in comparison to the Hyundai Crdi.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:55   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Pls take the car for a spin too. Nexa guys are very accomodating and will give a long test drive(based on my experience with Shivaji Nagar Nexa Showroom). We took almost 20-25 Kms test drive on Pune Bypass twice.

The composure of the car at speeds and over broken roads is amazing. I drove only the 1.6 litre one and the car really pulls on all gears. Only fly in the ointment (and I will be nitpicking really) is the inherent gruff nature of DDIS in comparison to the Hyundai Crdi.
I will be. But yesterday Nexa showroom was flooded with people all over the place and all RM's looked very busy. I will go after some time and will have detailed test drive. I couldn't even sit in Baleno as so much rush was there. RM mentioned that already 55-60 cars are booked with them in first 2 days itself. I am talking about Baner Road showroom.

Coming back to S-cross, I seriously think its a very good option for C2 segment sedans and is better in some areas. Base 2 models are very competitive in pricing and with discounts its better option with all safety features. I am sure with Nexa network growing, sells will also increase for the S-cross. On the other hand Baleno will soon become top 10 selling car list soon and keeps all Nexa people very busy
Old 28th October 2015, 14:06   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Coming back to S-cross, I seriously think its a very good option for C2 segment sedans and is better in some areas. Base 2 models are very competitive in pricing and with discounts its better option with all safety features. I am sure with Nexa network growing, sells will also increase for the S-cross. On the other hand Baleno will soon become top 10 selling car list soon and keeps all Nexa people very busy
Glad to see more people sharing the feeling. I was driving around Pune city for 8-10 days visiting various car dealers with a cheque book in my hand. But it was only when I saw and test drove the S-Cross, I felt like cutting cheque and which I did. I booked the 1.3 Zeta immediately after coming back from the TD.

The only concern I had and I still have is whether I will be stuck with a car which is not selling well. That can create various problems like parts availability, resell value (not really a major concern), etc. What do you guys feel?

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 28th October 2015 at 14:08.
Old 28th October 2015, 14:17   #2144
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
The only concern I had and I still have is whether I will be stuck with a car which is not selling well. That can create various problems like parts availability, resell value (not really a major concern), etc. What do you guys feel?
I don't think this should be a major cause for concern at the moment. The pricing has to a large extent caused the 1.6 to not sell in big numbers but the 1.3 definitely is selling. But with Nexa outlets all over India just numbering a few hundred (I think < 200) could be the major reason for the numbers not being very big. I expect this to change with the festival season and some discounts kicking in plus more Nexa outlets coming up will help the cause too

Last edited by NPV : 28th October 2015 at 14:18.
Old 28th October 2015, 20:32   #2145
BHPian

Is the 1.6 really selling for I haven't seen any on road and I don't think anyone from Teambhp has bought one.

I definitely liked it for sure, but need to test drive in b2b traffic before I make a call. Its definitely priced higher and I hope they throw in some additional benefits for Diwali

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks