Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:01   #2101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Hey guys, I too am in quite the soup, regarding my car ......Despite having read all the reviews, I never expected to be smitten by the Scross this way.
What a write-up Speed Demon! Excellent! I am almost tempted to trade-in my SX4 Diesel for the DDiS 320!
But wait, I am so smitten with my car that I just spent a Lakh to totally rejuvenate it! Got to run it for another 4 years. My kids simply refuse to sit in any other vehicle, especially for long-distance travel!
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:36   #2102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, I too am in quite the soup, regarding my car purchase.
Despite having read all the reviews, I never expected to be smitten by the Scross this way.
That's so supremely worded speed demon. A perfectly weighed in and unbiased report from the mouth of an enthusiast. However, I should say that the glee and the silly grin on your face after the TD mostly got splashed on the report too.

Well written buddy.
You should write specific and separate threads on TDs.
Quite a gripping read.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 10:40   #2103
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:

You get the gist. The composure of the car is amazing. No body roll and a FLAT ride. Wow. But all that ruined by those tires.

While the Fiat feels heavy and doesn't change direction quite so quickly, the Scross will let you get away with bloody murder on the road.
Fiat vs Maruti.

Is the Fiat faster? Probably.

Is it better to drive? No, I liked the Scross better.

Forget the engine, how about otherwise? Even so, the Scross despite being big doesn't feel that way. When you throw it into corners, The car seems to shrink around you, while the Fiat doesn't.

At last s cross gets some appreciation it really deserves
Even I can feel the nimble handling in the puny 1.3 engined car. Had a blast on highway today morning. Even the 1.3 switches lanes at 80 -100 like it is a KTM Duke (does not feel lumpy at all).

@Speed.demon. Buy the 1.6 and have a blast. Change the tyres, remap it for a better low end and you will have one hell of a ride.

Last edited by sandygordon : 24th October 2015 at 11:02.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 15:11   #2104
SDK
BHPian

Has anyone tried logging into the NEXA android app or even on the NEXA website ? If yes are you able to create your login.
There is an option to generate the userid and password by entering the 17 digit VIN.
I tried by entering my car's VIN but it did not accept it. Tried with a couple of other S-Cross VIN's but the result is the same.
Even RM is not aware of this and said he would check this.

Just wanted to know if any existing S-Cross owner has been able to get this thing to work ?
Old 24th October 2015, 16:47   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Has anyone tried logging into the NEXA android app or even on the NEXA website ? If yes are you able to create your login.
There is an option to generate the userid and password by entering the 17 digit VIN.
I tried by entering my car's VIN but it did not accept it. Tried with a couple of other S-Cross VIN's but the result is the same.
Even RM is not aware of this and said he would check this.

Just wanted to know if any existing S-Cross owner has been able to get this thing to work ?
Well yes, I have created the login with my VIN after around 2 months for purchase. You can see all relevant information regarding your vehicle including service details.

Unfortunately the account seems to be down most of the time.
Old 25th October 2015, 21:52   #2106
Senior - BHPian

I booked the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta today. On road price is 11.3 lakhs.

After researching for last 5 days, taking test drives of various sedans, SUVs, compact sedans and premium hatchbacks, S Cross was the first car which appealed to the heart, mind and whatever relevant organ.

Both me and my wife loved the car inside out. The space is monstrous, features are good, safety is pretty good too with all disc brakes, airbags, ABS EBD and what not. Build quality is the best ever from Maruti Suzuki stable.

I paid 11,000/- as booking amount. Delivery promised before diwali if all documentation goes smooth. We liked the Cafe Brown colour the most hence booked the same.

The only fly in the ointment is the horrendous resale value of my Vista. I am expecting around 1.8 lakhs but Nexa evaluator gave best offer of 1 lakh. I told them to take their sweet time and come up with better offer as i am in no hurry. There are no offers whatsoever on Zeta and Alpha variants.

The finance will be from SBI at 9.75% ROI. With 2 lakhs down payment, emi comes out to be ~16k.

Fingers crossed!
ajay_satpute is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 21:56   #2107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I booked the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta today. On road price is 11.3 lakhs.
Congratulations on booking the most VFM variant of S Cross. Wishing you a truly 'Premium' delivery process and a great ownership to follow.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 22:22   #2108
BHPian

I was driving back today after attending a family function and happened to pass by a Nexa showroom around 6:00, a quick word with my wife and decided to check the car in person.

Test drove the 1.6 Alpha, boy this finally bought a smile on my face. It had lot of similarities with my current Fiesta 1.6, like the lag at lower RPM and the planted ride, however the real fun starts when you give a bit of acceleration, it comes alive and is a different animal all together. As mentioned in the review road noise was the only downside apart from those drab alloys. The comfort was excellent and feels solid.

Now comes the big question, do I take the 1lac offer and buy this beast.

The price difference between the 1.3 Alpha and 1.6 Alpha is still 2.6 lacs taking into consideration the 1 lac offer.

From a value perspective its still overpriced I suppose.
Old 26th October 2015, 08:45   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, I too am in quite the soup, regarding my car purchase.
Brilliant write up there Demon. I think you should get the S-Cross. If you liked the way it drives compared to the Abarth, then its a no contest really.

I drove the 1.6 a few days back, and was fully expecting that engine to blow me away. But it didn't happen sadly. What didn't help was the fact that I drove in the city and the lag and the gruffness of the engine was more pronounced than the immense torque on the offer. Need to take one more TD with some open roads. Besides, the TD car had some 9800 clicks on the Odo and near its service.

What impressed the most was the ride, and the space on the offer. Took the car through some of the worst roads and the composure was amazing. Nothing fazes the S-Cross and you can confidently tread through the craters. The sales guy admitted the car was always driven very hard but the car was holding up well except for a light squeak from under the driver seat. It feels solid on the inside.

The 1.6 Alpha was 15.25 OTR and Zeta is 14.5 with a 90k discount thrown in. Don't know if those offers have improved now.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:48   #2110
Distinguished - BHPian

Limited Edition S-Cross at Dealer. Extra cost for this mod-Rs.15,000.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151026_120659.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151026_120633.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:15   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Limited Edition S-Cross at Dealer. Extra cost for this mod-Rs.15,000.
The only thing missing in this Limited Edition S-Cross is "For Test Drive - Call 9XXXX XXXXX".
With such an unnaturally large S-Cross sticker, it will not look like an individually owned white board car, but it will look like a dealer owned test drive car.
hybridpetrol is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:21   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
The only thing missing in this Limited Edition S-Cross is "For Test Drive - Call 9XXXX XXXXX".
With such an unnaturally large S-Cross sticker, it will not look like an individually owned white board car, but it will look like a dealer owned test drive car.
Didn't the old Pajero have a huge PAJERO sticker ?
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 15:53   #2113
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news for all S Cross owners( Delta, Zeta variants) awaiting to upgrade to Projector/HID head lamps.

Stocks are available (Confirmed for Bangalore) and the upgrade cost is INR 38 k all inclusive ( bulbs, wiring , ballast and installation). Co-ordinate the installation with your RM at Nexa.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 16:04   #2114
BHPian

A great vehicle is being made to lose because of wrong marketing strategy of MSIL.

As a proud S Cross owner, I am really pained to see the vehicle losing just because of the decision taken by those in the corner rooms at MSIL Head Office.

UP, one of the largest states in India, has just one NEXA at Lucknow. Another one is coming up again at Lucknow. What about the other bigger cities of UP like Agra, Kanpur, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, etc, etc which alone can sell more than 50 vehicles a month easily.

I have driven to some of these cities and my office colleagues have been impressed with the vehicle, but not a single one was willing to come all the way to Lucknow to get one. And however advanced we may become, we still need a brick and mortar store to buy a vehicle.

A serious loss for a competent vehicle.

Having driven more than 2500 kms, I have not found a single reason to complain so far.
cjsarora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 16:31   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Brilliant write up there Demon. I think you should get the S-Cross. If you liked the way it drives compared to the Abarth, then its a no contest really.

I drove the 1.6 a few days back, and was fully expecting that engine to blow me away. But it didn't happen sadly. What didn't help was the fact that I drove in the city and the lag and the gruffness of the engine was more pronounced than the immense torque on the offer. Need to take one more TD with some open roads. Besides, the TD car had some 9800 clicks on the Odo and near its service.

What impressed the most was the ride, and the space on the offer. Took the car through some of the worst roads and the composure was amazing. Nothing fazes the S-Cross and you can confidently tread through the craters. The sales guy admitted the car was always driven very hard but the car was holding up well except for a light squeak from under the driver seat. It feels solid on the inside.

The 1.6 Alpha was 15.25 OTR and Zeta is 14.5 with a 90k discount thrown in. Don't know if those offers have improved now.
Are you sure its 15.25 OTR, its close to 16.25 OTR in Chennai after the 90k discount thrown in

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks