Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:12   #2851
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hello All,

I understand from the manual that the recommended oil grade for the DDIS 200 (1.3 L) is 5W30. The SA has quoted me a price of 1800 for 4 liters approx (full oil change basically). Anyone else got their oil change at this price? and if so could you please confirm whether it was fully synthetic oil and not part synthetic or mineral.

My SA claims the oil would be fully synthetic. I'm a little skeptical about the fact that fully synthetic oil costs only INR 450/- a liter.

Anyone who's completed their 3rd free service or done an oil change please let me know.
Are you sure it's 5W30 for 1.3 S cross? All maruti cars with 1.3 ddis engine use 5W40 oil(fully synthetic) . For old swift it was 15W40 (mineral oil). 3.1L OIL along with oil filter is recommended.
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:48   #2852
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post
It's in Madhu's tyre store, Mysore.

No luck. Yoko Advans DB is not available in this size. (Stock) S-Drives and DB ES501 also discontinued. No luck finding the Direzza's also in stock.
Tried all major dealers.

Tomorrow morning first up going for tyre change. The new shoes will be PIRELLI P7 215/60 R16 after so much thinking, discussions, reviews and deliberations with deviation of +1.8% over stock which results in marginal ride height increase. Planning to have 2-3 psi less tyre pressure than usual to have clean drive n handling to compensate with ride height increase.
Alloys is in transit but will get the tyre change tomorrow as dealer needs to buyback OEM tyres immediately. P7's will cost me 8500/- Per tyre. Hope this selection proves successful.
I would suggest Michelin Primacy 3 ST 205/60-16.
Any reason for not considering this tire ?
Old 2nd January 2016, 02:10   #2853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Are you sure it's 5W30 for 1.3 S cross? All maruti cars with 1.3 ddis engine use 5W40 oil(fully synthetic) . For old swift it was 15W40 (mineral oil). 3.1L OIL along with oil filter is recommended.
Yup. Here's a pic from the manual. But even 5W-40 would make sense considering Indian weather conditions (i.e. hot weather).

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160102_014954-768x1024.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The 1.3 can take only 3.2 litres with an oil filter change at the max.
Yup. You're probably right about this. I may have recollected this morning's conversation with my SA incorrectly.

But even so, isn't 550-600 bucks relatively inexpensive for fully synthetic oil? I'll be changing the oil tomorrow (after 1500 km on the odo), I just don't want to be replacing the factory filled oil with something that is not fully synthetic. I'd rather get it changed at elsewhere.

FYI: The brand in question in Castrol.
Old 2nd January 2016, 07:42   #2854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post

Now Major Happy Note:

Took the delivery of my 1.6 Alpha in the evening.
Congrats TorqueManR, from Creta to Scross, that's a big change, not many would go far, especially since Creta has this Aura around it and people just lapping it up like hot idli's.

That being said, I am sure the offers on the 1.6 were enticing for you to bite the bullet.

As you have driven both the cars, I am sure you will be the best person to compile the differences. Two major concerns with scross are the road noise and hard clutch. Do you agree that scross looses out in both these departments to Creta.
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:04   #2855
BHPian

Pardon me if it's been shared before but saw this on IAB that some Nexa dealer is offering S-Cross with dual tone interior option.

Wonder who'll go with it. Black looks so more classy!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrossdualtone696x522.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrossbeigeblack696x522.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrossbeigeinteriors21024x768.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrossbeigeinteriors71024x768.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrossbeigeinteriors696x522.jpg

Souce and more pics
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:55   #2856
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
For all those who think that the higher discounts and ownerships will translate into higher number of sales of Scross in December: mostly it is stock clearance from dealers and not from manufacturer, so, not much to add to the sales figures, imo.
Not really,
Maruti, post robust sales in Dec 2015.

Quote:
The strong increase in demand for MSIL was led by compact segment vehicles such as Baleno (launched in October last year) and the utility vehicle, S Cross.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/bus...ec/178202.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 14:53   #2857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Yup. Here's a pic from the manual. But even 5W-40 would make sense considering Indian weather conditions (i.e. hot weather)

Yup. You're probably right about this. I may have recollected this morning's conversation with my SA incorrectly.

But even so, isn't 550-600 bucks relatively inexpensive for fully synthetic oil? I'll be changing the oil tomorrow (after 1500 km on the odo), I just don't want to be replacing the factory filled oil with something that is not fully synthetic. I'd rather get it changed at elsewhere.

FYI: The brand in question in Castrol.
Synthetic oil used to cost more than 1k per litre. Now synthetic oil is supplied to maruti by Mobil, castrol etc as Maruti Genuine diesel Oil. I use Mobil 1 5w40 synthetic oil which costs 2000 rs for 3.5L.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160102_082947.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160102_083001.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 10:57   #2858
BHPian

Guys, for 1.3ddis is it advisable to change oil and oil filter at 5K mark? I know manual says first oil change should be done at 10K mark but still I was thinking whether changing it for the first time at 5000kms and then again at 10K (routine service) may help. Any pointers on this please.
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:28   #2859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Guys, for 1.3ddis is it advisable to change oil and oil filter at 5K mark?
Nothing like that. You can just stick to the manufacturer's routine. But if you have that extra love for your ride, you may wish to change first oil early. I replaced oil and filter in my new car at 2500km first service. Manufacturer's routine first change was scheduled at 10k second service. Actually many of the fellow members do that. It helps flushing out the roughness of cyllinders' inner surfaces that keeps suspended in first oil. Why to keep it inside for as long as 10k km?
But really, it's more of a peace of mind thing, a love thing. You do it because you want to do it, not because the car needs it.
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:40   #2860
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Guys, for 1.3ddis is it advisable to change oil and oil filter at 5K mark?
There is nothing wrong if you do but it best of done. If not oil change but do change the oil filter.

It is good to change as all the metal pieces would be trapped by the filter. So please do change the oil and filter.
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:24   #2861
BHPian

Dear All,

I am interested in the S-Cross 1.3. I have a few doubts with regards to the warranty and service. I tried searching this thread but was not able to get all the answers. I would be happy if existing S-Cross owners can shed some light on these aspects.

1. Does the default manufacturer warranty (2 years/40,000 kms) cover all mechanical and electrical/electronic failures? Are things like the ICE (touchscreen for e.g.) covered as well?

2. Does the NEXA extended warranty cover all the same aspects covered by the default warranty? Or are there some exceptions?

3. Is the extended warranty between NEXA and the customer? There are extended warranty agreements done between dealers and customers, backed by an insurance company. Is it like that? The dealer tells me that the extended warranty coverage is all over India and works at all authorized Maruti service centres.

4. What are the service intervals for the S-Cross? Is there a service schedule like the one for Punto/Linea on the Fiat website? ----> http://www.fiat-india.com/service/ This would come in really handy.

Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:34   #2862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
Dear All,

I am interested in the S-Cross 1.3. I have a few doubts with regards to the warranty and service. I tried searching this thread but was not able to get all the answers. I would be happy if existing S-Cross owners can shed some light on these aspects.

1. Does the default manufacturer warranty (2 years/40,000 kms) cover all mechanical and electrical/electronic failures? Are things like the ICE (touchscreen for e.g.) covered as well?

2. Does the NEXA extended warranty cover all the same aspects covered by the default warranty? Or are there some exceptions?

3. Is the extended warranty between NEXA and the customer? There are extended warranty agreements done between dealers and customers, backed by an insurance company. Is it like that? The dealer tells me that the extended warranty coverage is all over India and works at all authorized Maruti service centres.

4. What are the service intervals for the S-Cross? Is there a service schedule like the one for Punto/Linea on the Fiat website? ----> http://www.fiat-india.com/service/ This would come in really handy.

Thanks
Manufacturer warranty and extended warranty will cover all Mechanical and Electrical parts. Rubber parts like Bush are not covered in warranty. Detailed service schedule is given in owners manual. First 3 services are free at 1k,5k and 10k kms. Post that it is 10k kms/1 year. Also I have heard Maruti has started Maintainence Cost Program. I am yet to receive the details about the same for my New Baleno
Old 4th January 2016, 04:54   #2863
BHPian

A question to 1.3 Sigma and Delta owners. Did you receive a rear parcel tray on the Sigma or Delta 1.3 variant? The list of features shows "Dual side operable parcel tray" for Zeta and Alpha variants. I was assuming that Sigma and Delta variant will come with a regular parcel tray that is not Dual side operable. However, the RM says that it has to be purchased as an accessory. Was stumped when I saw the parcel tray missing during the PDI.

On another note, will be taking delivery of my 1.3 Delta in the next couple of days. Nexa has also stopped giving the nice OEM carpet floor mats as an accessory. They currently have a sad transparent floor mat. Any suggestions for good floor mats will really help as well.
Old 4th January 2016, 10:31   #2864
Distinguished - BHPian

Another review of the S Cross - DDiS200.

Maruti-Suzuki S-Cross Is Not Meant for Flings but Love..

Quote:
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross is not the woman you want to have an affair with, she’s the one you can love and take home to your mother.

http://www.thequint.com/torque/2016/...lings-but-love
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 10:41   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Manufacturer warranty and extended warranty will cover all Mechanical and Electrical parts. Rubber parts like Bush are not covered in warranty. Detailed service schedule is given in owners manual. First 3 services are free at 1k,5k and 10k kms. Post that it is 10k kms/1 year. Also I have heard Maruti has started Maintainence Cost Program. I am yet to receive the details about the same for my New Baleno
I found the 'Maintainence Cost Program' section on the NEXA website when I searched for it in Google. But it wont let me access the page. You need to be logged into the NEXA website in order to see that page. I guess you need to own a NEXA vehicle in order to get access.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks