Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 11:19   #2866
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Looks like Maruti might have sold more S-cross in December. It was a rare sight in Chennai (OMR) till last month. Suddenly, I see too many new cars flying around (to be frank, now a days I sight more S-crosses than Cretas).

Seems like Baleno has set S-Cross sales chart on fire. With more on Nexa's plate, Game on?

Apart from brand Maruti, looks like Tatas/M&Ms/Hyundais/Hondas need to brave a fight with Brand Nexa.
Old 4th January 2016, 15:03   #2867
BHPian

Finally got my 1.6 Alpha delivered on 30th December from Palace Nexa Bangalore. Changed the wheels to Momo Next anthracite and tires to Pirelli P7 (215/60 R16 V).
Very next day morning was the trip to Trivandrum via Nagarcoil (NH 7). Thanks to the advice of team BHP fellow, I was keeping the revs belwo 2500 rpm. So its 1800 kms in 4 days now, and I can summarize the whole experience in just one sentence - Addicted to drive S-Cross. My long term partner for last 7 years at 1,50,000 kms (Swift VDi) is definitely going to miss me.
lovetorque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 19:53   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Finally got my 1.6 Alpha delivered on 30th December from Palace Nexa Bangalore. Changed the wheels to Momo Next anthracite and tires to Pirelli P7 (215/60 R16 V).
What a coincidence lovetorque. I got the delivery of my 1.6 Alpha on 1st Jan. I also changed the JK to Pirelli P7 215/60 R16. I have ordered the exactly same alloy MOMO Matt anthracite. But it is still in transit from Delhi.

Mine is Premium Silver. I hope even color is also not same!!
TorqueManR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 21:37   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post
What a coincidence lovetorque. I got the delivery of my 1.6 Alpha on 1st Jan. I also changed the JK to Pirelli P7 215/60 R16. I have ordered the exactly same alloy MOMO Matt anthracite.
Congrats lovetorque and TorqueManR on your latest acquisitions

Loads of similarities between you guys:

- Proud owners of S-Cross 1.6
- Similar Alloys and pretty much same Tyre Sizes
- New car bought on the same day
- Both of you are from Bangalore
- Both of you have 'Torque' in your TBHP Handles

This Takes the Cake Folks:

Both of you have not penned down your Purchase/Ownership report

Please pen down the same at the earliest and drive safe.
Vik0728 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 22:15   #2870
BHPian

Quote:
What a coincidence lovetorque. I got the delivery of my 1.6 Alpha on 1st Jan. I also changed the JK to Pirelli P7 215/60 R16. I have ordered the exactly same alloy MOMO Matt anthracite. But it is still in transit from Delhi.

Mine is Premium Silver. I hope even color is also not same!!
Torqueman, similarity is there with the name as well! I went for pearl white . Rear spoiler and illuminated sill guards were the addins got on day1. I think we have to pen down the ownership reports soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Sure Vik0728, my work schedule is preventing an immediate report.
Uploading rear snap ( I love that spoiler) and close up of wheel .

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dsc_0108-copy.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dsc_0109-copy.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th January 2016 at 19:37. Reason: Posts merged. Images inserted in-line.
lovetorque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 22:39   #2871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
I found the 'Maintainence Cost Program' section on the NEXA website when I searched for it in Google. But it wont let me access the page. You need to be logged into the NEXA website in order to see that page. I guess you need to own a NEXA vehicle in order to get access.
I have New Baleno and it is not updated in Nexa app. I dont know about S Cross. S cross owners please provide the details.
Old 4th January 2016, 23:37   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Very next day morning was the trip to Trivandrum via Nagarcoil (NH 7).
Quote:
Congrats both of you.

Could both of you share the exchange and prices you got for the alloys and tyres?

What's the on road price you got the for 1.6?

And the cost of illuminated sill guards? My friend is looking to have them installed on his 1.6.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 06:43   #2873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Congrats both of you.

Could both of you share the exchange and prices you got for the alloys and tyres?

And the cost of illuminated sill guards? My friend is looking to have them installed on his 1.6.
Tires were 8.5k per pc, with 4k per pc as the buy back price. Alloys were priced at 8.5k per pc, and not exchanged, as the exchange price offered was very low. I will have to sell it. I was told that Momo wheels are going for a heavy price hike from January.
Illuminated sill guards and rear spoilers are part of Nexa accessories (3.2k and 7k respectively), got as part of free offer.
The total offer to me was 2L December clearance cash discount plus the freebies that includes the spoiler, sill guards, carpets, body cover and cleaning kit.
lovetorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 07:40   #2874
BHPian

Yesterday I did a PDI of a car, it had 12 kms on the ODO, however I saw a gap in the plastic cladding that is attached to the doors. Two doors had this problem. SA mentioned it could be fixed. But my concern is that water could have seeped in through this gap, has any of the Scross owners noticed this during PDI or post delivery.
Old 5th January 2016, 14:16   #2875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Thanks Vik! Yes caught up with some office work, will take some time off for the ownership thread. Also i am waiting for the alloys to arrive and complete the accessorizing work.

Quote:
Torqueman, similarity is there with the name as well! I went for pearl white . Rear spoiler and illuminated sill guards were the addins got on day1. I think we have to pen down the ownership reports soon.
Yes, need to soon!! I got the sill guards but didn't opt for the spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Congrats both of you.

Thanks Mr. baddy.

I got Cash Discount of 3 Lacs + Freebies (15,000/- worth corporate accessories + Teflon Coating) at Kalyani NEXA.
I got buyback price of 5,000/- per tyre for JK and the new Pirelli P7 215/60 R16 costed me 8,500/- Per tyre.
Momo NEXT Matt Anthracite costed me 33,000/- for set of 4.
Stock Alloys i have not traded yet as very low buyback offered will sell it outside.

Illuminated sill guards costs 3,500/- as i vaguely remember.
TorqueManR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 15:07   #2876
BHPian

Few useful links for Smart Play system queries. I hope I'm not breaking any rules. Request mods to remove if inappropriate.
Mirrorlink is available only in very few phone as of now: http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
Suzuki Remote Control App (works with Bluetooth) – available in google play store.
SmartPlay FAQ: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/smartplaysystem/faq.aspx
SmartPlay home page: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/smartplaysystem/index.aspx
Suzuki SLDA page: http://www.suzuki-slda.com/_layouts/...me_Suzuki.aspx
SmartPlay compatibility list: http://www.suzuki-slda.com/SitePages...rchResult.aspx

So I have to change my smart phone or possibly wait for an update
lovetorque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 15:56   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Few useful links for Smart Play system queries. I hope I'm not breaking any rules. Request mods to remove if inappropriate.
Mirrorlink is available only in very few phone as of now: http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
Suzuki Remote Control App (works with Bluetooth) – available in google play store.
SmartPlay FAQ: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/smartplaysystem/faq.aspx
SmartPlay home page: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/smartplaysystem/index.aspx
Suzuki SLDA page: http://www.suzuki-slda.com/_layouts/...me_Suzuki.aspx
SmartPlay compatibility list: http://www.suzuki-slda.com/SitePages...rchResult.aspx

So I have to change my smart phone or possibly wait for an update
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
The fourth quadrant is android mirror that is supported only on certain android phones or if you root yours and install a custom ROM with android mirror. Most latest smart phones have the capability. I have a OnePlus One and it works fine. Nothing great though. The only plus i see is my daughter can view her videos on the move apart from being able to use Google Maps for navigation and traffic.
Tom even i have Oneplus One running on Cyanogemod CM 12.1. [Android 5.1.1]. But i am not able to connect my phone to smart play system on fourth quadrant. When i connect my phone via usb slot and click on the fourth quadrant nothing happens. When i checked the mirror link supported phones oneplus one was not listed. Then i remembered your post and wondering how it works for you with the same smartphone. Do you use Cyanogenmod or Oxygen OS on your Oneplus one?
TorqueManR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:32   #2878
BHPian

Happy to share the news that my S Cross Delta 1.3 came home yesterday Was a great feeling and I still have grin pasted on my face.

After much deliberation, decided to change the tyres. Swapped the JK’s for Good Year Assurance. You guys might be knowing that the Delta 1.3 comes with steel rims and while I was at the tyre shop, the dealer said that he has stock S Cross alloys that he took back for exchange and offered it for 12k. Although it’s not the best in design I thought it’s definitely better than the steel rims. My budget did not permit me to consider a new set of alloys. Finally bargained and got the alloys for 9K. So my new Delta now has the stock S Cross alloys and Good Year Assurance tyres on.

As I had mentioned in my earlier note, the quality of floor mats offered by Nexa is really really poor. That’s next on my agenda – look out for a new set of mats. Suggestions welcome

Also thinking about a steering cover. The grip and feel without any leather covers is good enough but I feel that a decent steering wrap would make it better. Need to decide on this one but it’s not as urgent as the mats.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 14:57   #2879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Happy to share the news that my S Cross Delta 1.3 came home yesterday Was a great feeling and I still have grin pasted on my face.

After much deliberation, decided to change the tyres. Swapped the JK’s for Good Year Assurance. You guys might be knowing that the Delta 1.3 comes with steel rims and while I was at the tyre shop, the dealer said that he has stock S Cross alloys that he took back for exchange and offered it for 12k. Although it’s not the best in design I thought it’s definitely better than the steel rims. My budget did not permit me to consider a new set of alloys. Finally bargained and got the alloys for 9K. So my new Delta now has the stock S Cross alloys and Good Year Assurance tyres on.

As I had mentioned in my earlier note, the quality of floor mats offered by Nexa is really really poor. That’s next on my agenda – look out for a new set of mats. Suggestions welcome

Also thinking about a steering cover. The grip and feel without any leather covers is good enough but I feel that a decent steering wrap would make it better. Need to decide on this one but it’s not as urgent as the mats.
Congratulations.

Good choice on alloys. Stock is always the most reliable.
Check with your insurance guy, if it can be covered now as an add on accessory.

How much did the Goodyears cost ? and the buy back value of stock Jktyre ?
Old 6th January 2016, 17:26   #2880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have New Baleno and it is not updated in Nexa app. I dont know about S Cross. S cross owners please provide the details.
You very much need a Nexa vehicle to access this information. But, the 'Maintenance Cost program' shows "Coming soon..." for me on the Nexa app as well on the website.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks