Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 13:06   #2836
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

yes for sure, the rear seat on the s-cross is more comfortable than the one in Cruze.

When cruze loses on torque to weight figure, it gains on power to weight.

Cruze:
Torque to weight 234 nm/ton
Power to weight 107 bhp/ton

S-cross 320
Torque to weight 256 nm/ton
Power to weight 94.5 bhp/ton
Old 31st December 2015, 13:25   #2837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post
I am quite puzzled right now whether just go with tried and tested 205/60R16 Goodyear Assurances or to go with decent Yokohama A348 upsize of 215/60R16 to handle available high torque of 1.6.

Any quick suggestions would be appreciated folks!
If you are looking at tyres with a bigger contact patch then why not look at performance tyres instead, Yoko Advans, Hankoo Ventus V12 Evos, or Dunlop Direzzas or even the good old Yoko S.Drives are sure to wow the pants off you when it comes to grip, steering feedback, wet weather traction and braking and allow you to harness the most out of that 1.6 monster while allowing you to stick to a reasonable 205 contact patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
Hi,
Can someone help me clear this query.
With the current offers in store for a Chevrolet Cruze LT, it works out to be 30-40k cheaper than a S-cross 320 Alpha. I know for sure that for one who opts for the 320 Alpha, the engine alone will be a decisive factor. How well do the 320 DDIS perform when compared to the 2.0 Vcdi of the Cruze?
If you are looking at outright performance, the Cruze will have the S-Cross beat. It has a bigger motor, more power, lower center of gravity etc. However the S-Cross will easily be able to keep up in decently talented hands and does nearly everything the Cruze does while also offering you the added advantage of reliability (japanese) and practicality (it is a crossover afteral)
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 13:26   #2838

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Congrats! Have you booked Alpha 1.6 ?

Stock alloys are Okay & serve their purpose but if you have vitamin M, then go for MOMO.

If you want to further improve the handling, tyre upgrade to 215 width is recommended for 1.6, the torque is enormous! For 1.3, 205 section is adequate. I am driving in extremely relaxed mode with very light input on the throttle; this vehicle is so eager to pull up.

Bluetooth works like charm, mine is a Delta. Bringing in accessories from US is your own choice. HU in Alpha seems to be adequate, users can comment better.
Thanks breezydrive for feedback. I have booked 1.6 delta.

Tyre upgrade to 215 will also need alloy upgrade right ?

Quote:
Getting buyback of 5000 Per tyre for JK Elanzo's.

@TorqueManR: which shop is offering such a good buyback for JK?

Some other tyre in stock size are continental CPC2 & MC5. CPC2 is well discussed on team-BHP, however could not able to find much feedback for MC5. Other option is Bridgestone MY-02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankumar View Post
  1. Want to change in-dash player to something better (my need: Sound reproduction, Hands-free calling, Parking Camera input, Smartphone connectivity/Bluetooth and as a Bonus: Integrated Navigation). Checked Nexa recommended accessories and they only have/recommended Sony XAV-68BT (Rs.19K) and Sony XAV-712BT (Rs.35K). Any other recommendation.
awaiting comment from audio guru's. should I go with Sony or any option from Pioneer/Alpine/Kenwood is available?
Old 31st December 2015, 13:48   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
which shop is offering such a good buyback for JK??
Go to Iyengar tyres at Indiranagar. They are in the official directory and have immense respect among many fellow members.
Just google for their number. I go to them everytime eyes closed.
Old 31st December 2015, 14:28   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks breezydrive for feedback. I have booked 1.6 delta.

Tyre upgrade to 215 will also need alloy upgrade right ?

I am getting the offer from Madhu's Tyre Store in Mysore. I will be travelling tomorrow post delivery to my native so i will get it done there.

Regarding Tyre upgrade to 215, stock alloys is 16*6J, recommended size for 215 is rim width of 6" to 7.5". So stock will marginally fit this tyre but won't be too ideal IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If you are looking at tyres with a bigger contact patch then why not look at performance tyres instead, Yoko Advans, Hankoo Ventus V12 Evos, or Dunlop Direzzas or even the good old Yoko S.Drives are sure to wow the pants off you when it comes to grip, steering feedback, wet weather traction and braking and allow you to harness the most out of that 1.6 monster while allowing you to stick to a reasonable 205 contact patch
Unfortunately Ishaan, no tyre store in Bangalore have any of tyres from your suggestion list.
Old 31st December 2015, 14:48   #2841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately Ishaan, no tyre store in Bangalore have any of tyres from your suggestion list.
Perhaps Advans and Direzzas will be hard to source but I can guarantee you that Hankook Ventus will be available in multiple stores I could PM you a few contacts if you'd like. Our resident expert Nikhilb2008 would also be able to help you out in this area

Last edited by IshaanIan : 31st December 2015 at 14:50.
Old 31st December 2015, 15:49   #2842
BHPian

Quote:
Tomorrow I am getting delivery of my 1.6 Alpha. Battle of deciding the tyres still going on due to non availability of stocks. I was in two minds to upsize or not. But after many deliberations had resorted for stock size Primacy 3ST. unfortunately it is out of stock and many dealers are not able to source Michelin's in other sizes as well immediately.

Getting buyback of 5000 Per tyre for JK Elanzo's.

Now i have 2 Choices mainly:

205/60 16 - Goodyear Assurances (500 Rs extra post exchange per tyre, Better VFM)
215/60 16 - Yokohama A348 (1.8% Deviation, ride height increase of 6mm)
225/55 16 - Yokohama db ES501 (Somewhat fitting in my budget(9k) but Lot of negative reviews, even-though perfect upsize but i am not convinced for S-Cross and other premium tyres are out of my budget)

I am quite puzzled right now whether just go with tried and tested 205/60R16 Goodyear Assurances or to go with decent Yokohama A348 upsize of 215/60R16 to handle available high torque of 1.6.

Hi TorqueManR, would you mind sharing details of the dealer with whom you have negotiated the rates for exchange of tyres. Goodyear Assurances at 500 post exchange sounds like a great deal to me. You can get rid of the stock tyres without even feeling a pinch on your pocket.
Old 31st December 2015, 18:08   #2843

Quote:
Perhaps Advans and Direzzas will be hard to source but I can guarantee you that Hankook Ventus will be available in multiple stores I could PM you a few contacts if you'd like. Our resident expert Nikhilb2008 would also be able to help you out in this area
Hi Ishaan, please indicate/ping me the store to source 'Hankook Ventus V12 evo2' tyre in Bangalore...called few store but none of them carry this tyre.

@Nikhilb2008: please indicate the availability and price.
Old 31st December 2015, 18:18   #2844
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove both 1.3 and 1.6 s cross on same day. I drove 1.6 first. 1.3 ddis is much more driveable in city compared to 1.6.Gearshifts were little rubbery in 1.6 and clutch was bit heavy. No prominent turbo kick in 1.3 and 1.6 is a torque monster above 2000 rpm and can eat other cars for breakfast.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th December 2016 at 23:31. Reason: Typo
Old 1st January 2016, 10:06   #2845
BHPian

Hello Friends. Firstly a very happy new year to all of you. Have a great and safe driving year ahead.
Couple of small updates,
Instead of using car mobile charger which apparently (as per SA) had resulted in a fuse failure in my car 10 days back, we can simply charge mobiles using USB from the arm rest bin. It works perfectly fine, rather far better than using any Chinese chargers.

Secondly had purchased black and Decker vacuum cleaner couple of days back and it works great for the car and has good suction capacity. I liked it, so thought of sharing it on forum with you guys.
akshatmangal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 11:37   #2846
Distinguished - BHPian

Driven the DDiS200 S Cross on highways - both well paved and broken stretches. Decent performance and no complaints whatsoever. Exceptional in FE figures.

Now Vacationing in Kerala, details coming up in ownership thread!
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160101_100907.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151231_182843.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st January 2016 at 12:04.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 12:04   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Couple of small updates,
Instead of using car mobile charger which apparently (as per SA) had resulted in a fuse failure in my car 10 days back, we can simply charge mobiles using USB from the arm rest bin. It works perfectly fine, rather far better than using any Chinese chargers.
Thanks for this update. Post reading ealier thread regarding fuse blowing up due to unauthorised charger, I had asked the RM for a charger as accessory and he also suggested that I use the USB port inside the arm rest. I was not 100% sure it will work, this update confirms that.
Old 1st January 2016, 23:03   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
It's in Madhu's tyre store, Mysore.

Quote:
No luck. Yoko Advans DB is not available in this size. (Stock) S-Drives and DB ES501 also discontinued. No luck finding the Direzza's also in stock.
Tried all major dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Hi TorqueManR, would you mind sharing details of the dealer with whom you have negotiated the rates for exchange of tyres. Goodyear Assurances at 500 post exchange sounds like a great deal to me. You can get rid of the stock tyres without even feeling a pinch on your pocket.
Hi Safedrive, as mentioned above, i am doing the swapping in my Native Mysore as i will be there during the weekend. The dealer is Madhu's Tyre Store.

Now Major Happy Note:

Took the delivery of my 1.6 Alpha in the evening. Drove straight to my home town Mysore 160 KMS. Initial feeler wow!!! A Great Highway Cruiser.. The satisfaction this Car gave me is so great than my Creta 1.6 in last 4 months. More feelers will be posted in my ownership thread which i will pen down in couple of days or within a week with comparison with Creta.

Tomorrow morning first up going for tyre change. The new shoes will be PIRELLI P7 215/60 R16 after so much thinking, discussions, reviews and deliberations with deviation of +1.8% over stock which results in marginal ride height increase. Planning to have 2-3 psi less tyre pressure than usual to have clean drive n handling to compensate with ride height increase.
Alloys is in transit but will get the tyre change tomorrow as dealer needs to buyback OEM tyres immediately. P7's will cost me 8500/- Per tyre. Hope this selection proves successful.
TorqueManR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 23:42   #2849
BHPian

Hello All,

I understand from the manual that the recommended oil grade for the DDIS 200 (1.3 L) is 5W30. The SA has quoted me a price of 1800 for 4 liters approx (full oil change basically). Anyone else got their oil change at this price? and if so could you please confirm whether it was fully synthetic oil and not part synthetic or mineral.

My SA claims the oil would be fully synthetic. I'm a little skeptical about the fact that fully synthetic oil costs only INR 450/- a liter.

Anyone who's completed their 3rd free service or done an oil change please let me know.
Old 1st January 2016, 23:47   #2850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hello All,

I understand from the manual that the recommended oil grade for the DDIS 200 (1.3 L) is 5W30. The SA has quoted me a price of 1800 for 4 liters approx (full oil change basically). Anyone else got their oil change at this price? and if so could you please confirm whether it was fully synthetic oil and not part synthetic or mineral.

My SA claims the oil would be fully synthetic. I'm a little skeptical about the fact that fully synthetic oil costs only INR 450/- a liter.

Anyone who's completed their 3rd free service or done an oil change please let me know.

The 1.3 can take only 3.2 litres with an oil filter change at the max.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks