Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 10:38   #2956
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Rear AC vents was not the only factor

The only point which appealed tome in the S Cross over the Ciaz was the availability of the cruise control.

If I was driving, I would have picked the Cross anytime in that segment.

Ideally we would have bought the Storme (an ideal upgrade for the manza in case of comfort and space), but Tata leathergic sales ex put things off for us.
I only commented on the post by akshatmangal regarding rear AC vents. I completely agree with all your points and reasoning to consider the Ciaz over the S-Cross. I would have done the same if I were in your place. Ciaz is more of a family car than the S-Cross for sure.

Cheers !
Old 12th January 2016, 11:26   #2957
BHPian

Re: S-Cross being offered at ₹5 lakh discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
What I do not find hard to believe is that the S-Cross did not achieve the targeted sales figures for maruti. I have only seen maybe a couple of S-Crosses on the road here (including demo cars). Compared to that, the Baleno is now everywhere (and the Baleno is a product which was launched much later than the S-Cross)
I am actually seeing a few on the road and office parking lot since last 1 month or so, whereas I didn't see any before that. Perhaps the discounts are helping push the sales up slightly.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:01   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Well! I had the same apprehensions about Michelin, but the P3ST is particularly made for the subcontinent and has been a very popular choice for the stock size tyres on the S-Cross. The gentleman I have quoted below (volkman10) has an ownership review you'd want to check out.

I went with the P4s in mind, but the dealer did not have stock in spite of advance intimation. Thankfully, they had fresh rubber from Goodyear (~ 5 weeks old) and I chose them from my good experience with the EcoSport.
I will decide between the P4s and the 3STs. Do the P4s also have softer sidewalls like the 3STs or they are more durable? The softer sidewalls of Michelins are making me a bit worried as we encounter bad roads quite often in India and this is making me consider the P4s.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:20   #2959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
I will decide between the P4s and the 3STs. Do the P4s also have softer sidewalls like the 3STs or they are more durable? The softer sidewalls of Michelins are making me a bit worried as we encounter bad roads quite often in India and this is making me consider the P4s.
P4's of 205 are T rated (speed), I think. Stay away if you are having 1.6 and does serious speed at times! 1.6 deserves H rated or better V rated tires.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:29   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
P4's of 205 are T rated (speed), I think. Stay away if you are having 1.6 and does serious speed at times! 1.6 deserves H rated or better V rated tires.
Thanks, I do have the 1.6
Are the P3STs V rated?
Old 12th January 2016, 12:33   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I do have the 1.6
Are the P3STs V rated?
Yes, P3ST is V rated: http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/tyres/p...macy-3-st.html
BTW mine is Pirelli P7 (215/60 R16 V), as I felt the 7" Momo alloy deserve slightly wider tires
Old 12th January 2016, 12:43   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, P3ST is V rated: http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/tyres/p...macy-3-st.html
BTW mine is Pirelli P7 (215/60 R16 V), as I felt the 7" Momo alloy deserve slightly wider tires
Great! Then I'll be going with the P3STs. They're costing me 3600 per tyre after exchange which is quite reasonable.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:15   #2963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great! Then I'll be going with the P3STs. They're costing me 3600 per tyre after exchange which is quite reasonable.
I think you should negotiate even further. I got P3STs at 2900/- per tyre exchange price. Try with another tyre dealer in your city.

S-Cross should have also got the SHVS technology at the inception. Suddenly, Ertiga and Ciaz diesels with SHVS tech seem better in terms of technology. S-Cross being a premium offering, Maruti should have planned this SHVS launch carefully. And it might not have been difficult, as all these 3 vehicles share the same engine.

I hope the future facelifts get the SHVS tech and make the S-Cross even more desirable.

BTW, the Ertiga and Ciaz have been exempted from Delhi's odd-even rule, because of the SHVS technology.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th January 2016 at 17:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 12th January 2016, 15:01   #2964
BHPian

Quick query, is the nexa experience login available only to owners opted for nexa card? I have not opted for nexa card and was told that nexa experience login won't be availabe to me!
At the same time, is it really worth to have that login? What are the useful stuff available there?
Old 12th January 2016, 15:34   #2965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quick query, is the nexa experience login available only to owners opted for nexa card? I have not opted for nexa card and was told that nexa experience login won't be availabe to me!
At the same time, is it really worth to have that login? What are the useful stuff available there?
You can download nexa app and log in using chasis number and registered mobile number. No need of Nexa card to access it. You can schedule service, check service cost, cost of maintenance etc.
Old 12th January 2016, 15:42   #2966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
You can download nexa app and log in using chasis number and registered mobile number. No need of Nexa card to access it. You can schedule service, check service cost, cost of maintenance etc.
Additionally, you can download the official Nexa app for Android and Mac (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.grapes.nexa) and have all the information of your car on the go. Though, I feel that the service history information should have been elaborate. Right now, it just shows me date and type of service and number of KMs at service.

Probably, there was nothing to do in the 1st free service, the info is not there. Hopefully, 2nd service onwards the information on the app is more elaborate.

BTW, there was a glaring defect in the Nexa app. I had reported that defect the day I installed the app. The home screen had Baleno's photo and car name was shown as S-cross. Maruti has fixed the defect with the last upgrade.

EDIT:

I just happened to go to Google India Play store to check the Nexa App and I found this. Based on the service provider (Virgin) in the photo, it does not seem to be India specific for sure. But quite misleading, at least for now.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-nexa_app.jpg

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 12th January 2016 at 15:56.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 15:47   #2967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Additionally, you can download the official Nexa app for Android and Mac and have all the information of your car on the go. Though, I feel that the service history information should have been elaborate. Right now, it just shows me date and type of service and number of KMs at service.

Probably, there was nothing to do in the 1st free service, the info is not there. Hopefully, 2nd service onwards the information on the app is more elaborate.
Service details shown in app would not be in detail. I am using maruti app for my sx4 and interface is almost same as Nexa app. Service cost will be shown in cost of maintenance. But service details like what part, labour etc would not be updated in app.
Old 12th January 2016, 17:17   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Quote:
Additionally, you can download the official Nexa app for Android and Mac (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.grapes.nexa) and have all the information of your car on the go. Though, I feel that the service history information should have been elaborate. Right now, it just shows me date and type of service and number of KMs at service.

BTW, there was a glaring defect in the Nexa app. I had reported that defect the day I installed the app. The home screen had Baleno's photo and car name was shown as S-cross. Maruti has fixed the defect with the last upgrade.

EDIT:

I just happened to go to Google India Play store to check the Nexa App and I found this. Based on the service provider (Virgin) in the photo, it does not seem to be India specific for sure. But quite misleading, at least for now.

Attachment 1459797
I have rather a strange issue. I've received two sms post purchase with Nexa login user name and password. Neither of these work and its not accepting my VIN number as well, when I chose to get login credentials (tried with app and web login). I've raised this issue with Nexa and the response I had from Nexa RM is that I won't be able to have Nexa Experience Login as I haven't opeted for Nexa card .
Btw I'm able to use the VIN number to login to My Maruti app and its giving me my first service details etc.
Now wrote an email to Nexa contact email provided in site, waiting for the premium response
Old 12th January 2016, 18:30   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
I think you should negotiate even further. I got P3STs at 2900/- per tyre exchange price. Try with another tyre dealer in your city.
Yes, I am negotiating with some other dealers and will decide soon. How are the P3STs treating you on your S-Cross?
Old 12th January 2016, 18:55   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
The softer sidewalls of Michelins are making me a bit worried as we encounter bad roads quite often in India and this is making me consider the P4s.
Quote:
Makes sense for the DDiS320. "V" is rated for 240 kmph, while the "T" maxes out at 190 kmph.

BTW, the Goodyears I have on my DDiS200 are rated "H", which is in between the above at 210 kmph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks