Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 09:09   #2026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey Sudeep,

Can I know how much will these cost? I am thinking to get it done for my Swift ZDi.

Initially thought of getting the Paint protection - Advanced treatment from 3M but have this Ceramic Coating as an option. Do these guys have any website with more details?
Do you really want it? I know you are planning to sell and lay hands on either the XUV 5oo or S-Cross DDiS 320 after another 1.5 Years (50,000 kms). For your regular runs of 100 kms a day on the Office-Home circuit and mostly parking at same locations, I see this as an investment.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:22   #2027
t0m
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I love the back profile, any color. Sheer elegance.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151006_08.56.49.jpg

Last edited by t0m : 6th October 2015 at 09:24.
t0m is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 09:28   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey Sudeep,

Can I know how much will these cost?
Do these guys have any website with more details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Do you really want it? I know you are planning to sell and lay hands on either the XUV 5oo or S-Cross DDiS 320 after another 1.5 Years (50,000 kms). For your regular runs of 100 kms a day on the Office-Home circuit and mostly parking at same locations, I see this as an investment.

@a4anurag - The cost depends on the size of the car as they calculate on the total area to be detailed. For instance, My city costed me about 7,000 INR where as the quote for my S-Cross is 12,000 INR (Ceramic Coating). There is also a super ceramic coating which is about 18,000 INR. I am sure I don't need the super ceramic.

The other option is to get a basic treatment done which includes Claying, Polish and Sealant, costs about 5,000 INR. I would say, if you are not planning to keep your car for over a year, don't get it done. I am in agreement with paragsachania on that. The basic coating will prevent bird drops and other contamination from sinking into the paint and therefore make it easier to restore the shine later.

Keep in mind, regardless of what treatment you do, unless you take care of it well, i.e. not give it to a watchman for washing, none of these protections will last. You need to take care to wash the car only when heavily soiled and gently dust it regularly.

Their websites are:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultimatedetailerz/timeline/
Old 6th October 2015, 18:04   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Stock covers will last long if even you have them cleaned annually. Only issue is when you travel with kids and/or pets, you may have to increase the frequency in such cases. I have August 2008 Swift (with 110000 kms in odo) with stock fabric on seats and trust me they look far better than after market covers.
I completely agree Sourab! My BIL drives a Swift and has the same experience. I felt the fabric on the S-Cross to be very decent as well. Will most probably keep them on for some more time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
3 pics for visual treat (from my recent road trip - see thread)
Attachment 1423367
Attachment 1423368
Attachment 1423369
Visual treat indeed! The second picture makes a perfect calendar shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I am going in for the paint treatment provided by Ultimate Detailerz. Got it always on my Honda city and I am extremely happy! Their latest offering is Ceramic coat which it seem is tougher than regular paint protection.
Please note, I am in no way recommending or promoting this, just merely sharing information and sharing my experiences
Thanks for details Sudeep. BTW, I did not notice any hint of marketing in your post, only valuable information .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Talking about the floor mats I recommend that the new buyers avoid the mats from Maruti. They are very slippery. I am considering changing the same.
Here are the ones I got from NEXA. Sorry about the poor shot. Only for you to check the type.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-mats.jpg

Last edited by pannags : 6th October 2015 at 18:13.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 18:45   #2030
Senior - BHPian

Today I test drove the S Cross DDIS 320. The drive was on the Pune Bypass road for a total of around 15-20 Kms. The DDIS 320 is INSANE!!

The way the car surges forward once turbo spools needs to be experienced. If I am to buy S Cross, it will be the 1.6. NVH is decent considering its a diesel under the hood. Also I did not face any problems whatsoever with respect to the Turbo Lag. There was some traffic on the way back but it was manageable. May be that I am used to driving a diesel.

Seriously Impressed. With the discount currently in offer, I think the base 1.6 model is good value at 13.8 Lakh OTR Pune purely for the torque monster. Specially considering the fact that this is the only car in India running that engine.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 20:36   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
Nice pictures.

Also, did you feel any drop in performance while driving in high altitude?
Munnar is just 1500-1700m above sealevel. No performance issues here noted. There may be,if you take the car to Ladakh / Leh.
Dreaming about doing that some day.
Old 6th October 2015, 20:51   #2032
t0m
BHPian

Next step, considering a tuning box once the car crosses 5000 kms. Have already done 2K, so research starts now. If anyone can guide me to a good place in Delhi NCR for tuning purposes. I have heard good things about Spider and Pete's. Experts need your inputs please.

Getting a race chip is another option. Iam not even sure if one is avaialble for SCross, it being a pretty new entrant.

Last edited by t0m : 6th October 2015 at 20:54.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 21:08   #2033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Next step, considering a tuning box once the car crosses 5000 kms. Have already done 2K, so research starts now. If anyone can guide me to a good place in Delhi NCR for tuning purposes. I have heard good things about Spider and Pete's. Experts need your inputs please.

Getting a race chip is another option. Iam not even sure if one is avaialble for SCross, it being a pretty new entrant.

Thought the car has adequate power ! If you still need more, talk to Speedsport about a remap or tuning box. I think it is at www.speedsport.in

Cheers
Old 6th October 2015, 21:17   #2034

Quote:

Talking about the floor mats I recommend that the new buyers avoid the mats from Maruti. They are very slippery. I am considering changing the same.
The floor mats I got from Nexa are pretty good. They are the rubber type but have Velcro on the bottom, so they stay in place. When I was getting mine, I was shown 2 types of rubber mats, one for ~800 and the other for ~1400. The ones I got were the 1400 ones, the other looked like they would not stay in place.

On a different note, has anybody changed the stock headlights on the zeta? I just got back from my first longish night drive and the light is totally inadequate. Any recommendations for headlights that don't void the warranty?
Old 6th October 2015, 21:41   #2035
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Thought the car has adequate power ! If you still need more, talk to Speedsport about a remap or tuning box. I think it is at www.speedsport.in

Cheers
Power is never enough .
Old 7th October 2015, 11:01   #2036
BHPian

It seems S-cross has not found enough sales with its exaggerated price. Offers 1-lakh discount

http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...s/20151006.htm
Old 7th October 2015, 11:33   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Satish, is this about the mats that you get as part of the optional accessories (Rs 8800)? If that is the case, I would think none of us should go for that accessory pack.

By the way, I noticed that your spare is also a Continental but with steel rims. Looks like you have gone for 5 tires when you replaced them. Any reason why you did not go for the fifth alloy?? Also, I find a lot of us going for 4 tires + alloys instead of 5. I always thought going for a set of 5 makes better sense. Am I missing something here??
Old 7th October 2015, 15:29   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hey Satish, is this about the mats that you get as part of the optional accessories (Rs 8800)? If that is the case, I would think none of us should go for that accessory pack.

By the way, I noticed that your spare is also a Continental but with steel rims. Looks like you have gone for 5 tires when you replaced them. Any reason why you did not go for the fifth alloy?? Also, I find a lot of us going for 4 tires + alloys instead of 5. I always thought going for a set of 5 makes better sense. Am I missing something here??
personally, 5th alloy makes no sense. If your tyre is damaged, you just install new tyre on that alloy rim. If you have a puncture, you just temporarily use spare tyre.
Old 7th October 2015, 22:24   #2039
SDK
BHPian

An update on my S-Cross 1.3 Alpha booking with Varun Nexa.
Booking was done on 5th September. Delivery promised in 3-4 weeks.
Was offered a display car on 21st September which I rejected.
No communication from RM after that.
Complained to Maruti yesterday and called the Customer care manager of Varun Motors today.

Finally got a mail saying they would need another 3 weeks to deliver the car.

Unfortunately, the NEXA experience has been rather ordinary for me ever since I paid the booking amount. I was much more happier with the way I was treated in the normal Maruti showrooms when I bought my previous cars.

Looks like I have to cancel my booking and look elsewhere even though I really liked the S-Cross for its solid build and handling .
SDK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 22:42   #2040
BHPian

The facelifted Ecosport topend diesel model prices are :-

1.5 TDCi Diesel
Titanium - Rs. 9,85,844
Titanium+ - Rs. 10,44,344

Comparing feature to feature, the Titanium would probably be similar to 1.3 Zeta. The difference in price is only 14K whereas the Ford gets the excise benefit also.

Wouldn't this make 1.3 Zeta an excellent VFM vehicle with all the extra headroom/legroom and the better planted road behaviour!!

Last edited by cjsarora : 7th October 2015 at 22:43.

Most Viewed