Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 15:42   #3736
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I got a call from my dealer regarding an event for all S-Cross owners. I think someone had already mentioned here about such event

All S-Cross owners have to gather at the dealer tomorrow morning and drive to Adlabs imagica together. Two adults and two kids' all expenses are sponsored.

Unfortunately i cannot make it for the event tomorrow, but those who have time and interest and who had bought S-Cross from Nexa Sai service Baner should attend.
It was a good day spent with family at Imagica. The expectation, however, to engage with fellow owners was not fulfilled. Was expecting something that would happen at HOG or RE gathering. Admiring vehicles and modifications and discussions about the vehicle. I guess cars are different from bikes... Everybody drove on their own to the venue. Although, the dealership claimed that there will be designated parking for S-Cross, the parking folks at Imagica were not aware of anything like that. So lost an opportunity of a line-up photograph at the parking. They were all peppered across the parking. It could have been awesome... but then no complains as got more time with the family.

Last edited by @viral : 21st March 2016 at 15:53. Reason: grammar
@viral is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 17:02   #3737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakhs View Post
I took delivery of my 1.6 Zeta caffeine brown last Friday.

The reflection of dash / AC vents on ORVM is very annoying. Is there a fix to this. Also, where do I find the VIN number

Slakhs
Congratulations.
I think wood coloured inserts are available as MGA to replace the silver inserts on dashboard. The dark colour may help to reduce reflection in ORVM.
Old 21st March 2016, 17:20   #3738
BHPian

Post on MSN today
"Maruti customers who bought the car at full cost before the price cut are being given cheques worth INR 95,000 by Maruti! "

http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...=mailsignoutmd

Anybody got any news about the authenticity of this one?
Old 21st March 2016, 17:40   #3739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
Post on MSN today
"Maruti customers who bought the car at full cost before the price cut are being given cheques worth INR 95,000 by Maruti! "

Yes.. There are some BHPians who have already received the 90K cheque. (1.6 owners). Also a 20000km / 2yr maintenance program also rolled out. There is a separate thread on this movement from Maruti.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 17:55   #3740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Congratulations.
I think wood coloured inserts are available as MGA to replace the silver inserts on dashboard. The dark colour may help to reduce reflection in ORVM.
Thanks, I will check this out. I got the VIN number (Chassis Number) from the driver side door. It is a 17 digit number, not sure how to decode.

Slakhs
Old 21st March 2016, 19:10   #3741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
Post on MSN today

You can check this thread for more information,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-warranty.html
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 20:21   #3742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
The car is in the workshop. The local NEXA service advisor says they have fixed the leak. But he says that they must keep the car in the workshop for 2 more days. An engineer from their plant (maybe Gurgaon) is going to visit and inspect the vehicle. They say this is the first time such a problem has been discovered in S-Cross. They fear that the engine oil might have leaked into the gearbox assembly. Looks like they need to dissect the guts of the vehicle. Meanwhile, they have offered to give me another vehicle to travel for next few days. I'm really pissed. I think I've wasted my money!

What if I have problems later on (in the vehicle life span) because of this issue? Even the insurance will not cover it. Shouldn't I be entitled to receive a replacement for this defective car?
An update from my side. I picked up the car from the workshop about a week back. The cause of the engine oil leak was attributed to a faulty 'oil pressure switch washer'. The service centre guys fixed the washer. However, because it was a NEXA vehicle, the Maruti TSM (Territory Service Manager) from Mumbai visited the service centre and inspected the vehicle. I guess they feared for their name. The TSM recommended that the washer as well as the oil pressure switch be replaced under warranty. This was done and the engine oil was topped up. And there was transparency throughout the process as well. I insisted for the job card copy (I was irate about the defect in early stages of the vehicle) as I wanted details/proof of the work/fixes performed on the vehicle.

The service advisor showed me the location of the faulty part in the engine bay, which caused the leak. It looks like the oil could not have gotten into any other parts. The Maruti guys have assured me that my case is on record and if there are any related issues in the future (I hope not!), they would take care of it. In fact, the record of the work performed is visible in 'Service History' under Nexa web portal.

I am using the car for my daily home -> office -> home commute. I'm happy with the car's performance so far. The clutch is not very hard and the gear shifts are smooth. This is my first diesel car and I'm getting used to the initial turbo lag (although its not a big issue). I feel confident with this car at high speeds. My daily route is on the busy NH17 highway which sees its fair share of traffic. I am getting a mileage of about 20 kmpl (based on the MID display). The first service is due in a few days. I hope the mileage will improve in the coming months.
TheGoodest is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 21:24   #3743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakhs View Post
Thanks, I will check this out. I got the VIN number (Chassis Number) from the driver side door. It is a 17 digit number, not sure how to decode.

Slakhs
After lot of struggle, I finally managed to find out where the complete VIN is. When you open the bonnet, just look straight in the middle. There is a small metal projection with a 19 character VIN. The last two characters, represent year and month. Because everywhere else ( the forms, app) it's only 17 character VIN.
Dani7766 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:43   #3744
BHPian

Fiat sourced 1.3 engine. Does it come from Ranjangaon plant in Pune? Does Suzuki Powertrain Ltd too manufacture it?
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:53   #3745
BHPian

Guys, any of you have the near side snapshot of the touch screen head unit of Alpha / Zeta version? If so please share. I would like to see the connectivity options available. The infotainment manual is not having any technical content.

Last edited by lovetorque : 22nd March 2016 at 16:53. Reason: error
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:58   #3746
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Fiat sourced 1.3 engine. Does it come from Ranjangaon plant in Pune? Does Suzuki Powertrain Ltd too manufacture it?
AFAIK, Maruti is manufacturing the 1.3 DDiS themselves.
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:01   #3747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AFAIK, Maruti is manufacturing the 1.3 DDiS themselves.
Maruti is manufacturing around 3 lakhs 1.3 multijet engines every year and around 1 lakh engines are provided by fiat powertrain.
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:33   #3748
BHPian

Today I briefly tried out Apple CarPlay on my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta head unit and it works. The device used was iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3. All you need to do is connect the iPhone to the head unit using the lightning to USB connector. Immediately you will see 'CarPlay' on the iPhone screen and 'Apple Car Play' in the fourth quadrant on the touch screen unit. You need to tap on the fourth quadrant and it will mirror the selected apps on the touch screen. Also if you press the voice control button on the steering wheel up (and hold it momentarily), it will launch Siri!

I would like to mention that my S-Cross is 2016 model. I think firmware upgrade for touch screen unit is required for older models to get this functionality. I think one of the members has mentioned this a few pages back.
TheGoodest is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 21:06   #3749
Senior - BHPian

Goodest, can car play be connected to the Head unit using Bluetooth of the iPhone?
Old 22nd March 2016, 21:51   #3750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
Today I briefly tried out Apple CarPlay on my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta head unit and it works. The device used was iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3. All you need to do is connect the iPhone to the head unit using the lightning to USB connector. Immediately you will see 'CarPlay' on the iPhone screen and 'Apple Car Play' in the fourth quadrant on the touch screen unit. You need to tap on the fourth quadrant and it will mirror the selected apps on the touch screen. Also if you press the voice control button on the steering wheel up (and hold it momentarily), it will launch Siri!
Thanks TheGoodest.
I had given up the 'fourth quadrant' after multiple tries before first service and I did not try again after first service. Your post made me remember that the firmware of the head unit was upgraded during first inspection.
I hooked up the iPhone 5S to the head unit using the cable and, head unit prompted to switch on siri. Switched on siri and few apps (call, music, navigation, messages and some other) were displayed on the head unit.

Impressed by this success, tried connecting my OnePlus One to the head unit to find that it does not work. I guess OnePlus One does not support mirror link.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160322_203657.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160322_204038.jpg  

prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks