Old 19th March 2016, 18:57   #3721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Hi Anurag. The full rear shot attached.
sree

I think something rectangular would look better like in T jet

Anyways, looks are subjective. If you like it, you like it.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20150804111944_exhaust.jpg
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 22:31   #3722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
sree

I think something rectangular would look better like in T jet

Anyways, looks are subjective. If you like it, you like it.
Hi kpzen, I couldn't get the rectangular one. So bought the double square barrel type. I can tolerate this design.
Old 19th March 2016, 23:49   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Guys, anyone having exact feature details of S-Cross Limited Edition recently launched (March 1st week) by Maruti? The nexa website shows only price, no further details - the brochure also doesn't mention it.

The dealership was pushing for it when I went there today (I was interested in 1.3Zeta). They said the LimitedEdition is about 30K less than the Zeta although having 'almost' the same features of Zeta. Plus its having the leather seat from the Alpha plus a rear spoiler! Sounded interesting!

Did some googling afterwards & found that this Limited Edition looses out on the SmartPlay Infotainment part - i.e. its having the normal 2-din ICE of the Delta variant, therefore loosing out on rear camera also. Not sure of the Automatic climate control part. Issue is - exact feature details are not available anywhere!

P.S. I came to know that this 'Limited' edition is different than the 'Premia' edition launched in December.
Leather seat cover is provided and not the leather seats from alpha. ICE is from delta. Carbon fibre finish is not classy like the normal silver insets. Automatic climate control is present though.

I almost bought this before the budget applied. If u go a few pages back u will realise that I was the one who brought it first for discussion. Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160303wa0003.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160303wa0017.jpg
anycatd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 00:12   #3724
Senior - BHPian

As per the Nexa dealers in Kolkata they've stopped taking any fresh orders for 1.3 Zeta in metros. Is this true? My uncle was unable to order one in any of the dealerships here. Finally one of them managed it somehow. Car has arrived (brown) - he will take delivery next week. I dissuaded him from opting for the Special edition (which the dealers were pushing) as I found the 1.3 Zeta to be much better equipped at a similar price point. I'm guessing the 1.3 Z orders will restart once the Special ed. variant inventory gets cleared.

Last edited by razor4077 : 20th March 2016 at 00:13.
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 09:39   #3725
BHPian

I have little query about seating position in SCross.I am 6ft tall with around 80kgs in weight. I am finding it difficult to find best seating position which gives lesser stain on thighs. I guess SCross have average under thigh support. any advice? Clutch is little heavier but I have no issues with it though. memory foam cushion seems like a good idea or I am missing something?
Old 20th March 2016, 10:30   #3726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
So the seat belt reminder does work, only when you start the car. Once the engine is running and say you stop at a signal, if you remove the belt now, there is no warning displayed. Also, after this the reminder never comes back and you can drive all the way without wearing seat belts. I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD, I am just highlighting the defect.
Hi Ajay, I checked by removing the seat belt when the engine is running. The seat belt reminder comes back and continue to be in highlighted mode till the seat belt is engaged back into the slot.

You may have to check with the service people why it's not this way in your vehicle.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 16:34   #3727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Leather seat cover is provided and not the leather seats from alpha. ICE is from delta. Carbon fibre finish is not classy like the normal silver insets. Automatic climate control is present though.
Thanks anycatd for your response. Your pictures are quite crisp and clear and helped me to dump this limited edition variant without even looking at it physically Not liked the Carbon fibre finish at all! I will stick to my requirement of Zeta only. Its pretty decently loaded version and the price difference with Alpha is substantial for the features I won't be needing. Thanks for your help.
Old 20th March 2016, 16:50   #3728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You may have to check with the service people why it's not this way in your vehicle.
Ok. Its now completely gone dead. The seat belt reminder does not come up at all. Like Anurag said, it could be just a loose contact.
Old 21st March 2016, 10:52   #3729
BHPian

I tried starting the car by placing the key fob in the pocket on the right side of the steering wheel (The pocket just below the Fog lamp / Parking switch). The car is not detecting the key and gives the error message "key fob not detected" quite often. If the key is placed in the holder near the hand brake, it's perfectly fine and no issue with starting.

I had this issue in the beginning and was advised not to place the key in the right side holder. Any one experienced this issue if you place the key in the right hand side pocket?

Last edited by Sree73 : 21st March 2016 at 10:56.
Old 21st March 2016, 11:13   #3730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried starting the car by placing the key fob in the pocket on the right side of the steering wheel (The pocket just below the Fog lamp / Parking switch). The car is not detecting the key and gives the error message "key fob not detected" quite often. If the key is placed in the holder near the hand brake, it's perfectly fine and no issue with starting.
Any one experienced this issue if you place the key in the right hand side pocket?
I have been driving with the key in my right pocket since day one, but I have never faced this issue. However, nowadays, I have started keeping the key in the cup holder near the handbrake, after reading the problems reported by fellow members. All said and done, I have not figured out the technical problem behind this behaviour, of keeping the key in the right pocket or near the start/stop button.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 11:25   #3731
BHPian

Quote:

I had this issue in the beginning and was advised not to place the key in the right side holder. Any one experienced this issue if you place the key in the right hand side pocket?
I typically keep the key in my right hand side pocket and have not faced any issues so far.

Added another 800 kms over the weekend. With this trip, odo stands at 2800 kms.

Mileage seems to have taken a dip this time. MID is showing 16 kmpl and yet to check the 'real' FE by doing a tankful.

Had first puncture in one of the Michelins. Culprit is not a nail, not a sharp stone, not a screw, but a piece of wood (or bamboo). Never faced this earlier.

As the odo is growing, engine seems to be settling in. Has become more silent and revs effortlessly.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 13:49   #3732
BHPian

Quote:

I have so many times used FOB key by placing it in the holder in driver side door as well and it works perfectly fine.
I guess you should get the battery of FOB key checked up once.
akshatmangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 15:19   #3733
BHPian

I took delivery of my 1.6 Zeta caffeine brown last Friday. Drove about 75 Kms so far and its feels good. This is my first diesel car and feeling the turbo lag in 2nd and 3rd gears. I could get used to this quickly as I anyway have the habit of down-shifting in my petrol Ikon too.

The reflection of dash / AC vents on ORVM is very annoying. Is there a fix to this. Also, where do I find the VIN number

Slakhs
Old 21st March 2016, 15:32   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakhs View Post
I took delivery of my 1.6 Zeta caffeine brown last Friday. Drove about 75 Kms so far and its feels good. This is my first diesel car and feeling the turbo lag in 2nd and 3rd gears. I could get used to this quickly as I anyway have the habit of down-shifting in my petrol Ikon too.

The reflection of dash / AC vents on ORVM is very annoying. Is there a fix to this. Also, where do I find the VIN number

Slakhs
You can find the VIN on the RIFD tag which is on top right corner of your windshield (passenger side). Also, could you send a photograph of what you mean by "reflection of dash/AC vents on OVRM"?
Old 21st March 2016, 15:37   #3735
Senior - BHPian

How many Pune members and S-Cross owners attended the meet? Any photographs to share? How was the meet?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks