Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 10:17   #5221
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I for one like the 2017 SCross. I also read that it is slightly bigger than the outgoing model.
The dimension in width ( bumper changes?) seem to be a bit more than the current model sold in Europe.

SX4 S Cross- 2017 -Source- Alvolante.it
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-b.jpg

For India expect the facelift to come late 2017 or early 2018.

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd July 2016 at 10:37.
Old 22nd July 2016, 10:59   #5222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats on the new car. How long did it take from booking till delivery? How much was the price on road, and were there any discounts or other offers which the dealership was able to give you?
Kindly Accept my apologies for not giving those details. Here it is :

Discount : 10000 RS corporate discount
On Road (Noida): 13.9 including the TDS , but i have a question on the TDS, dealer needs to give me a tax receipt right ?

Booking/Delivery Drama : On May 31st 2016 I gave a cheque of 11K as the booking amount, which got cleared by june 2nd 2016. As it was told to me that the waiting period will be 3 to 6 weeks , i was patiently waiting.

But then came the call of my Sales representative on 6th june saying the car has been ordered and it will be available by June 11th and you do the pdi on weekend , hence you can come and pay some more . This was heavily insisted upon. I didn't care much about it . towards the weekend when i asked if the car came or not , SM said no sir , there has been some problem it will come next week , hence please come and pay some more. I was really surprised and equally puzzled .

Spoke to my wife and then we came to a conclusion that it might be that they are worried if we can pay them or we are committed to take the car or not , hence asking for more money. So , thinking that i went to showroom on june 17th 2016 and paid 1 lakh 67 approx and brought the total outstanding to 12 lakhs. While doing that i cross questioned my SM and that is when she spilled out that the car is not ordered yet. You can imagine how furious i was. they wasted 2 weeks straight , they did nothing absolutely nothing after taking the booking amount.

But still she had the guts to assure that the car will be delivered by end of June no matter what. I patiently waited but i lost the trust with Vipul Nexa.
In the mean time, me needing the vehicle badly started calling other dealers in delhi and gurgaon , all had some or other colour and all were feb or march made vehicle.

Towards june end , again came the excuse that they cant deliver and no point of time they were admitting that the delay was due to them. All hell broke loose dropped an email to nexa and maruti clearly stating my disappointment .

SM called and tried to give an explanation but as usual those were just- you know what . This happened on the first week of july 2016.
finally i made up my mind that by july 17th if i dont get the car i am going to cancel it, but they called me on july 12th/ 13th to confirm that the car is in transit and i took the car delivery on july 19th evening.

The car reached their showroom on 17th july and i did the PDI on the same day , the odo was showing something around 25 kms, once satisfied with the PDI, went for the payment but i couldn't able to make the payment as it was sunday, hence i paid the full amount by tuesday morning and took the delivery on tuesday itself. My wife was like we paid right , no more delay just bring the car home.

on a side note: i opted for the basic kit, and they never disclosed what all they will cover in that basic kit. I even asked the SM once that whether the basic kit will cover mobile charger , she promptly said yes , while talking to her i was browsing amazon for the same , so i didn't ordered because she confirmed but when i took the car delivery no mobile charger was there .

Overall if i have to give the feedback to NEXA vipul noida it will be 2/5 , 1 being the lowest , 5 being the highest. I was taking their top end model but really felt sorry for Maruti/Vipul nexa which wants to differentiate the NEXA in terms of premium offering. Seriously their SM needs to know a way more of the product, i am confident in saying they have pathetic knowledge of S-cross and its features

Anyway I am very happy with S-cross 1.6 but the dealership experience left a soar taste.

S-cross rating : based on how S-cross meet all my requirements, my rating to S-Cross 5/5 .

Thanks
madaboutCARS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 23:43   #5223
BHPian

The facelift at first glance in the front view could make one mistake it for a BMW
Old 23rd July 2016, 08:03   #5224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Kindly

Overall if i have to give the feedback to NEXA vipul noida it will be 2/5 , 1 being the lowest , 5 being the highest. I was taking their top end model but really felt sorry for Maruti/Vipul nexa which wants to differentiate the NEXA in terms of premium offering.

Thanks
Congrats on the great car!! Please do compile the ownership review for future 1.6 buyers like me

You should take this to their Facebook page, twitter handle and let them know how their NEXA strategy is NOT winning customers like humble Maruti dealers did.

Maruti dealers treat you like a VIP no matter whether you are buying an Alto 800 or their top of the line Ciaz. That is something NEXA will never learn.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 23rd July 2016 at 08:04.
Old 23rd July 2016, 09:23   #5225
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Congrats on the great car!! Please do compile the ownership review for future 1.6 buyers like me
Any manufacturer is very - very sensitive towards policy environment in country. Maruti Suzuki is highly unlikely to continue 1.6 production including Alpha variant of S-cross. However, those who own 1.6 can continue to enjoy their exclusive status with this awesome machine without any maintenance/ spares issues.

You see how NGT is acting with amazing haste and madness. May be few future plans of good diesel engines are nipped in the bud due to last few weeks of its senseless activism. This has casted doubts on even smaller diesel engines, so 1.6 option could be a matter of days! Besides emergence of turbo petrol, reducing price gap between diesel and petrol fuels and continued high taxes on diesel engine are too strong indicators for a quick distaste for diesel.

So if you want 1.6, time is to act NOW
Sip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:13   #5226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post

So if you want 1.6, time is to act NOW
I wish i can buy one now. Unfortunately I bought my Ciaz zdi just 11 months ago. I am awaiting a celerio zxi(o) coming Monday.

My safari Dicor needs a replacement, having run 1,05,000 km. But having spent moolah on two new cars, my parents will think I have gone crazy if i tell them I want to spend 14 lakhs on another new Maruti

So I am praying NGT gets some sense before anything like what you said, happens.

PS: I also like the 2017 version of the SCross better. Somehow, it has the presence of BMW X1, in my personal opinion.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 23rd July 2016 at 11:14.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 21:48   #5227
Sip
BHPian

S-Cross is the vehicle used by actor Anil Kapoor in the TV serial 24 on colors channel, starting today. S-Cross replaces Tata Safari which was used last time. Car is used all the times by the actor and would get wide publicity. Serial is impressive thriller and has good TRP as a result car image would get a boost! Commercial breaks too are replete with new S-Cross TVC !

Last edited by Sip : 23rd July 2016 at 21:56.
Sip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 15:05   #5228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Cross posting from the Hatchback vs Compact SUV thread::

Meanwhile, the heart starting playing its part and I took a test drive of the 1.6 yesterday. I wanted to check how bad the lag was. Surprisingly, it was manageable to me, maybe in bumper to bumper traffic it would be a bit more difficult. I could not gain any high speed but the medium speeds which I gained left me grinning. So, the decision has been revised and the variant has been changed to the 1.6 Alpha
Hey Arvind, congrats on deciding to go for the S Cross 1.6. Yes it is indeed a hoot to drive. Lovely engine and gearbox combo. And yes, when I test drove it 2 weeks back (for the 2nd time in a month) in city traffic on Saturday evening around 5pm, I tested mainly driveability and it was excellent. I could go as low as 25 kmph in 3rd gear with no engine knocking. And the engine responded from there too to get moving. Almost like my petrol Verna 1.6. I could climb the Kathipara flyover in 4th gear at abou 30-35 kmph ... what else do we need? It is superbly driveable in city traffic and seriously punchy once the turbo spools up. Great choice and I am sure you will enjoy the car once you get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Dear Bhpians,
I took the delivery of my BULLDOG (S-cross 1.6 Alpha caffeine brown) on 19th July 2016. Vipul Nexa Showroom Noida .

But in a nutshell: very very happy with S-cross 1.6.
Congrats on your new 1.6 beast! It is indeed a lovely vehicle and great for enthusiasts. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The dimension in width ( bumper changes?) seem to be a bit more than the current model sold in Europe.

SX4 S Cross- 2017 -Source- Alvolante.it
Attachment 1532060

For India expect the facelift to come late 2017 or early 2018.
Late 2017 or early 2018? That would be too late! The car internationally would already be 5 years old then. I hope MSIL brings it in earlier.
VSG12777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 15:10   #5229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Late 2017 or early 2018? That would be too late! The car internationally would already be 5 years old then. I hope MSIL brings it in earlier.
Facelift is introduced usually after a gap of 3 years. Since the car was launched in India last year, we can expect a facelift only in 2018. Maruti might get it earlier if sales decline by huge margin.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 16:32   #5230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Facelift is introduced usually after a gap of 3 years. Since the car was launched in India last year, we can expect a facelift only in 2018. Maruti might get it earlier if sales decline by huge margin.
Maruti was already too late to introduce the S-cross in India. It launched a 2013 car in 2015, already too late in today's competitive market. Due to which it simply could not compete, Atleast looks-wise with the likes of Creta & the rest.

Maruti now needs to launch this refresh as soon as possible. 2018 would be too late as by then it would have already killed this product. Other manufacturers might also launch something better by then.
Old 24th July 2016, 16:37   #5231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Well, coincidentally the route we took was near one of the gates of the Corbett National Park and we also crossed Corbett's village on our way.
Have you done any detailing work on it? How to get the shine like yours?
Old 25th July 2016, 10:58   #5232

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Have you done any detailing work on it? How to get the shine like yours?
Well I clean my car with ArmorAll carwash every week and also I apply carwax on it in every few months.
Old 25th July 2016, 11:28   #5233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Well I clean my car with ArmorAll carwash every week and also I apply carwax on it in every few months.
Hi, What do you do with the black beading and the scuff plates? When I wash and polish the car, there is a whitish stain on black areas. Is there a way to polish them?
Old 25th July 2016, 19:05   #5234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Cross facelift in Italy,

Attachment 1531086

Source- Suzukiclub
This looks captivating.

The sole Achilles' Heel of S-Cross is its understated [ and unappealing] design and the facelift seems to resolve it.

Some might disagree with what I find attractive but that front grill hovers around 'love or hate but cannot ignore' style.
Old 26th July 2016, 11:01   #5235
Senior - BHPian

I got this SMS today morning.

It is NEXA 1st anniversary and we are privileged to have you as a MyNEXA member - Team NEXA

I am also happy and proud, but what is Maruti doing about it? I thought there will be some get-together, or some free check-ups or some kind of activity on the occasion of first anniversary. After all, both Nexa and S-Cross are supposed to be premium offerings from Maruti. Am I asking for too much?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks