Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2016, 23:28   #5281
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hey folks, is anyone up there who is to take delivery of s-cross 1.3 soon, say within a fortnight. I reckon during July there is 'NIL' production as far as 1.3 is concerned! Speculation is based upon the input from few NEXA guys.

Last edited by Sip : 30th July 2016 at 23:51.
Old 31st July 2016, 02:21   #5282
BHPian

Got to test drive the 1.6 variant today as part of some Nexa promotional work (since I own a Wagon-r). I drove for a good 16 kms. My parents right away said it looks like a slightly grown hatchback to which I had to agree. But they all liked the front end of the car. The doors were heavy and solid, having a very European feel to it. The interiors had decent quality stuff but I did not like the switch-gear along with few other bits which, as the review states, is a direct lift from Maruits much cheaper siblings. Seats were very comfortable, the car was spacious enough and the engine, oh boy. It just pulls so effortlessly. 100 came up in no time and it feels so effortless to drive. Brakes were sharp, steering was precise enough and altogether it was rock solid. I did experience a bit of body roll. And few other negatives were that the engine wasn't that refined inside. If you ask me, with respect to the engine noise alone, it did not seem to be a 14.5 lac rupee car. I really did expect it to be more silent.

But overall, I loved this car, mainly due to the engine and rock solid nature of the car. The pricing was a little too steep according to me but I really don't know how strong the contenders are in this price segment. Nexa, as a thought and sub-brand does seem to work well as the experience was very much different (positively) than a normal Maruti showroom

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 10:43   #5283

Booked an alpha 1.3 around end May. Still no news from NEXA. Maruti is making waiting period for S-Cross longer than that of Creta. Difficult to understand the strategy of more advertisements along with lower production.
Old 31st July 2016, 10:56   #5284
Senior - BHPian

Information to all S-cross 1.6 owners : Engine oil 0W 30 is from Petronas.
Assuming it is synthetic based on price.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160731_094234.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160731_094226.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
Impressive Indeed. Does the 2016 model for India has the Triple-lined chrome front grille ? The 2015 model obviously featured the thick Double-lined chrome grille.
I'am quite keen to replace it with the triple-line grille Can anyone suggest from where I can procure it ?
All S-cross (2015 & 2016) till date have the same double lined chrome grille.

Triple lined grille has to be sourced from outside India only.
I got mine from China.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 11:59   #5285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
All S-cross (2015 & 2016) till date have the same double lined chrome grille.

Triple lined grille has to be sourced from outside India only.
I got mine from China.
I'am interested to purchase it as well. Kindly apprise about it's pricing and the website along this grille's product code.
1. Are you satisfied with its quality as a whole ?
2. Were there any issues in its installation like grille's dimension mismatch etc ?
Old 31st July 2016, 12:04   #5286
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunday Morning : S-Cross gets a good shower

Before :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160731wa0004.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160731wa0007.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160731wa0005.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160731wa0001.jpg

Products Used :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160731wa0003.jpg

After :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160731wa0006.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160731wa0002.jpg
Dr.Naren is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 13:33   #5287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
I'am interested to purchase it as well. Kindly apprise about it's pricing and the website along this grille's product code.
1. Are you satisfied with its quality as a whole ?
2. Were there any issues in its installation like grille's dimension mismatch etc ?
Smitz
This was physically bought from an accessory shop in China and hand carried to India. To my knowledge, its not available anywhere online.

Price approx Rs 1700.

Overall quality is acceptable. However, the original double lined is a lot heavier and stronger comparatively.

Its a straight fit, no mismatch. All you need is a Suzuki logo to stick it on the new grill slot. Cost Rs 80.

Last edited by kpzen : 31st July 2016 at 13:55.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 13:42   #5288
BHPian

Quote:
Calm, sedate and looks boring.
On the highway, its a completely different animal - DDIS320 Beast !!

Attachment 1534985
Please let us know from where you have arranged the Front Grill for Scross.

Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 15:15   #5289
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Blasted Bandicoots. Horrible wicked rodents.
Sadly, they love humans because we are a source of food for them with our garbage and waste habits.
And nowadays every street has one or two eateries and these definitely attract big monster rats.
I see the nasty little devils scuttling about in the neighbourhood every morning when I walk my dogs. There is nothing one can do really. They are a part of the landscape and are real survivors.
Natural predators like Eagles, Hawks, Kites and Cats also don't seem to be able to keep the Rat population sufficiently down. Some of these Bandicoots can put up a serious fight even with a Cat.
The most dangerous thing about these creatures is they are definite carriers of Typhus, Leptospirosis and even rabies. Be very careful with them.
A good way to catch the beasts is to buy a large tough wooden trap, heat a piece of Coconut and place it as bait, set the trap and leave it - chances are you will get one of them. Because they love the smell and taste of Heated coconut.
They are very tough. Don't die easily even if shot with an air rifle or air pistol. Only those very powerful CO2 Air rifles can be reasonably guaranteed to kill them and even then you need a clean shot and these beasts rarely remain still enough to shoot easily.
In any case, getting a CO2 powered air rifle/ gun in India isn't too easy either.
Hence the Trap is more accessible and more efficient overall.
There are poisons like Warfarin which kills these rats by causing them to haemorrhage internally - Im scared of such things and never use them because of my dogs as well as all the poor stray dogs nearby too. Additionally a rat killed by using poison will get somehow into the ecosystem and food chain because the rat carcass gets taken by predatory birds and others and harms them too. Hence Poison is NOT to be used.
Are dogs cleaner ? Dogs are supposed to carry disease as well right ? At least Rats , Bandicoots do not eat shit . Dogs pry even on shit .

Rats have increased more in no. because snakes have been disloged from their natural habitat .

Rats are not so bad , because they help clean up the waste .
greatmana2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 15:22   #5290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This was physically bought from an accessory shop in China and hand carried to India. To my knowledge, its not available anywhere online.

Price approx Rs 1700.

Overall quality is acceptable. However, the original double lined is a lot heavier and stronger comparatively.

Its a straight fit, no mismatch. All you need is a Suzuki logo to stick it on the new grill slot. Cost Rs 80.
I searched a lot for this grill online. There is only mesh type chrome grill available in India which looks really bad. Alibaba has 3 lined grill but in chrome.

When are you going to China again? . Don't forget to visit that accessory shop and get few pieces for S-Cross owners in Team-Bhp .
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 17:52   #5291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
Are dogs cleaner ? Dogs are supposed to carry disease as well right ? At least Rats , Bandicoots do not eat shit . Dogs pry even on shit .

Rats have increased more in no. because snakes have been disloged from their natural habitat .

Rats are not so bad , because they help clean up the waste .
Dogs aren't dirty creatures. Especially our pet dogs who are well trained.
But yes, the poor strays are potentially dangerous and disease carriers.

I agree that Rats which are the natural prey of snakes, have been proliferating because Snakes have all migrated away from urban areas. But it is also a fact that our unbridled commercial development, especially in terms of food places and unhygienic, unsafe waste disposal and garbage generation, is a major contributor.
Old 31st July 2016, 21:39   #5292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Dogs aren't dirty creatures. Especially our pet dogs who are well trained.
But yes, the poor strays are potentially dangerous and disease carriers.

I agree that Rats which are the natural prey of snakes, have been proliferating because Snakes have all migrated away from urban areas. But it is also a fact that our unbridled commercial development, especially in terms of food places and unhygienic, unsafe waste disposal and garbage generation, is a major contributor.
In tamil there is a saying "even if you bathe a dog and keep it inside the house it wont change " . Dogs do carry a lot of diseases which can be harmful .Even the pets at home .

We have an aversion to rats because they cannot be domesticated like a dog or a cow , but they do play an important role in the waste disposal cycle .
Old 31st July 2016, 22:01   #5293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Hi mindovermotor,

1. Fixing of the shark fin antenna does not require any drilling. It's done with a double sided tape available at the bottom
Thanks a lot Sree for the detailed information. Just a couple more questions.

- Did you do the sharkfin install yourself? Is this something I can do myself or will I need to take it to a Maruti ASS?
- Will this void the Maruti warranty in any way?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st July 2016, 22:25   #5294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Thanks a lot Sree for the detailed information. Just a couple more questions.

- Did you do the sharkfin install yourself? Is this something I can do myself or will I need to take it to a Maruti ASS?
- Will this void the Maruti warranty in any way?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. I installed it and you can do it yourself. It's hardly a 10 minutes job. You have to remove the antenna receptor (The small rod like structure) by turning it anticlockwise. It's a screw fit type one.

The detailed fixing procedure is available along with the product. This antenna is not going to void any kind of warranty. At any point of time, you can bring back the original antenna in couple of minutes.

Last edited by Sree73 : 31st July 2016 at 22:28.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 22:35   #5295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Yes. I installed it and you can do it yourself. It's hardly a 10 minutes job. You have to remove the antenna receptor (The small rod like structure) by turning it anticlockwise. It's a screw fit type one.

The detailed fixing procedure is available along with the product. This antenna is not going to void any kind of warranty. At any point of time, you can bring back the original antenna in couple of minutes.
Thanks a lot Sree! Much appreciated. I think I will try this out in the near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks