Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 14:32   #5311
BHPian

S Cross MCP Voucher

Can any of the members who bought the S Cross 1.3 prior to the price reduction and received the Maintenance Cost Voucher confirm if they were able to redeem the same. I have been following up with Kalyani Nexa from May and have not been able to redeem the voucher. They say that the voucher is not updated on the system and I should expect a new voucher from Maruti. The last date of redemption which is 30th of May is long over.

I don't remember any of the members facing a similar issue discussing the same here...

Last edited by Satishtv : 2nd August 2016 at 14:34.
Old 2nd August 2016, 14:47   #5312

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Dear Friends,

Request your comment/clarification on below.

I am not using my 1.6 delta from last 2 weeks, but I observed that on random times the siren in the car sets off for some 4-5 seconds and then shuts-off on its own.

Is this a normal behavior? Is something wrong somewhere?

Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:39   #5313
Distinguished - BHPian

India built S Cross is likely to be sold in Indonesia shortly. Car to be displayed at the upcoming Auto show.( GIIAS)
S Cross spied in Indonesia is expected to get the Manual and AT variants.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-suzukiscross2016indonesia696x470.jpg

Engines speculated are the 1600 cc petrol - 120 hp and peak torque of 156 Nm and the DDiS320 in diesel.

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd August 2016 at 15:42.
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:42   #5314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320NmThunder View Post
Dear Friends,

Request your comment/clarification on below.

I am not using my 1.6 delta from last 2 weeks, but I observed that on random times the siren in the car sets off for some 4-5 seconds and then shuts-off on its own.

Is this a normal behavior? Is something wrong somewhere?

Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Shock sensor sensitivity levels would be set high. If it is set high, a loud honk/thunder etc would trigger the alarm. I have S-Cross Alpha and reduced the sensitivity levels in MID. I am not sure if it's the same in Delta variant. Kindly refer owner's manual for details.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 21:48   #5315
BHPian

Re: S Cross MCP Voucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Can any of the members who bought the S Cross 1.3 prior to the price reduction and received the Maintenance Cost Voucher confirm if they were able to redeem the same.
I had handed over the Maintenance Cost Protect voucher to Bimal Nexa Bangalore, during the last week of June 2016. (My voucher was valid till July 31). So far my nexa account is not updated with the MCP status. I had raised the issue with RM as well as Nexa. Waiting for the resolution.
Old 2nd August 2016, 21:50   #5316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I had handed over the Maintenance Cost Protect voucher to Bimal Nexa Bangalore, during the last week of June 2016. (My voucher was valid till July 31). So far my nexa account is not updated with the MCP status. I had raised the issue with RM as well as Nexa. Waiting for the resolution.
Thanks for the info. I have written to Nexa and hope to hear from them tomorrow. Will provide an update
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:52   #5317
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Forget AT, Maruti might discontinue the current 1.6 with manual transmission. S-Cross would be offered with AT in petrol variant soon.
Are you sure? . Is it you, who have this feeling or is it coming from some source. I am planning to buy 1.6 delta. If this happens in near future, what will be the impact of this on service support or for the matter of fact on the resale as i intend to keep it for only 5 years.
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:21   #5318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshusharma View Post
Are you sure? . Is it you, who have this feeling or is it coming from some source. I am planning to buy 1.6 delta. If this happens in near future, what will be the impact of this on service support or for the matter of fact on the resale as i intend to keep it for only 5 years.
1.6 is available only in top of the line Alpha variant. You might get a 1.6 delta with fat discounts if dealer has 2015 variant in stock. Maruti has not imported 1.6 engine in 2016. Maruti service guys told me that 1.6 would be discontinued once the imported engines are exhausted.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:29   #5319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshusharma View Post
1.6 Delta has been discontinued way back in May 2016.
Only the Alpha version is available with the 1.6 engine option.

The 1.3 is still produced in all the versions.
f1fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:41   #5320
BHPian

Wonder what Maruti's strategy for Grand Vitara would be? Would it have a 1.6 at all when launched in India?

Regards
Bharath
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:57   #5321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Wonder what Maruti's strategy for Grand Vitara would be? Would it have a 1.6 at all when launched in India?
Vitara (Nexa) will be a halo product at Nexa. Maruti is not expecting any great volumes from this and yes it is speculated to come in both Petrol and the 1.6 diesel engine.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:47   #5322
Sip
BHPian

As per media reports quoting Mr RC Bhargava, Maruti has cut down production for other models to cater for huge backlog of Vitara Brezza. I have confirmed information from internal sources that S-Cross production has been slowed down. Does anyone have a clue on actual sale figure of S-Cross in July 16?

Last edited by Sip : 3rd August 2016 at 21:49.
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:42   #5323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
India built S Cross is likely to be sold in Indonesia shortly.

the DDiS320 in diesel.
So the 320 might not be discountinued for the Indian after all! If it was being produced only for the Indian market, there was a high chance it would be stopped once the initial kits run out.
Old 4th August 2016, 09:51   #5324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Does anyone have a clue on actual sale figure of S-Cross in July 16?
Expect S Cross sales figures in July to be in the range of 1500-2000 units.
Waiting period now( in Blr) is 10 weeks for DDiS200 variants.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:01   #5325
Senior - BHPian

- MSIL shipped just about 100 S Cross across India in June and for July it will be close to 1000; the monthly sales figure reported at the forum should confirm this

- DDIS 320 (1.6 engine) supply is facing some problem and MSIL has not decided to do away with the large Fiat oil burner. It is because of import issues that they are only producing 1.6 S Cross in the top most trim and against firm order. I am told that S Cross production is carried out for 2 shifts in a month typically the monthly orders are produced in a batch. Even for the 1.3 S Cross, unless ready stock is available at the dealership, the wait period is nearly 5 weeks for NCR region and may be a week more for other parts of the country

- The present focus is on start of production from the Gujarat facility which is a JV between MSIL and Suzuki Motor Corporation. It is likely that S Cross (present trims) and upcoming petrol options will move to Gujarat. Some jacking up of quality is also expected from the Gujarat facility

- MSIL is expecting another 100 K bookings for Brezza in the balance calendar year as festive season is approaching and the country has observed good rains and would like to ensure that the present outstanding bookings and the new bookings are delivered by end of this FY 31 March 2017. We might see a surge in deliveries starting October with numbers in excess of 15 K per month shipments.

- Once the demand for Brezza stabilizes MSIL is looking at plonking 1.6 mill in Brezza; this engine is not going anywhere unless otherwise Government of India changes policy around Diesel cars, which is unlikely for sub 2 litre engine. This is planned to strengthen its position against Creta and create space for 2 upcoming compact SUV / Cross Overs in next FY. It is also expected that the DDIS 320 engine gets a retuning of motor for Brezza to reduce the turbo lag and increase the fun element during in-city driving

Last edited by i74js : 4th August 2016 at 10:09.
i74js is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed