Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 11:41   #5206
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
With the lowest inventory levels of S-Cross, halt in production for over a month, likelyhood of petrol variant and SHVS on S-Cross tempt me to speculate that may be some changes on S-Cross are underway. Any increase in demand of S-Cross would ease the pressure on Vitara Brezza production.
Possible reason is the introduction of the petrol variant. Will it launch it with the facelift ? Internationally facelift of S Cross is speculated to launch soon - October 2016.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 16:24   #5207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
was looking at the s cross
1.6 alpha on road is 14.8 vs 1.3 zeta (most VFM) which is 11.4
City/Highway running will be 80/20
Heart wants the 1.6 !!!
Forget the 80/20 usage. If you can afford the extra dough of ~3.4 Lakhs, you should get the 1.6 without a hint of doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Go with the heart. Even being an owner of 1.3 Zeta, I would recommend the 1.6. Turbo lag and all you can get used to. I drive with the same 80/20 pattern, but that 20 number makes you feel like " Only if i had got the 1.6 then...".
+1 to that Ajay. My driving usage/pattern is similar to 80/20. While negotiating the City traffic (non-peak hours), all it takes is just a slight push on the accelerator and you would easily get past the many adjacent vehicles that were giving you company during your drive. And each time you do that you will only have a WIDE Grin and never regret the purchase.
Keynote is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 10:39   #5208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
City/Highway running will be 80/20

Heart wants the 1.6 !!!
Go with the heart, as I did. Before the S-Cross, my city/highway running ratio was 80/20. After the S-Cross, it has become 55/45

And even in the city, you will get immense childish pleasure nailing those gaps in traffic impossible in any other car.
Old 19th July 2016, 14:26   #5209
BANNED

Has anyone tried adding an internet dongle or wifi dongle for the smart play system ? Any ideas on how to bypass the video playback without applying the handbrake ?
Old 19th July 2016, 18:47   #5210
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross facelift in Italy,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-13735859_633310850164524_853117811_n.jpg

Source- Suzukiclub
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 19:04   #5211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Cross facelift in Italy,

Source- Suzukiclub
Contrary to what I had earlier thought, this does not look too bad. Actually looks decent and the kind of design that would tend to grow on one. Excess chrome could easily be blacked out with 3M wrapping.
Old 19th July 2016, 20:09   #5212
BHPian

Quote:
S Cross facelift in Italy

Source- Suzukiclub
I have always liked the present S-Cross design which looks quite classy though understated, specially in the blue and white colours.

The facelift however seems to be screaming that 'Hi I am S-Cross', very gaudy indeed.
Old 19th July 2016, 20:49   #5213
BHPian

Quote:
S Cross facelift in Italy
Source- Suzukiclub
I really love the present S Cross design when compared to the face lift. Are there any changes to the interior? ICE?
Old 20th July 2016, 13:51   #5214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
- One day, I mistakenly pulled up the window glass switch when the glass was already closed. What I saw was lateral (in horizontal direction) movement of the glass and door panels (inside plastic and outside door). I saw this happened with my both the front doors, did not check the rear doors as yet.
- For some reason, I have kind of screeching noise for some minor movements in driver seat. The noise is similar to old sofa (spring cushioning) screeching. This happens even when there is little extra acceleration too. [I am not over-weight person either ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
I have exactly the same problem with my car, which is the 1.6 alpha. Sounds like an old amby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I have this issue too. I didnt feel my seat move, but there is this slight creaky noise. I noticed the noise only when there is some extra acceleration. And it cannot be reproduced at will - it happens only once in a while. I reported this issue during the first service and after a test drive and some inspection, my service assistant told me the sound came from the seat belt housing. He also confirmed he has arrested the sound. I was pretty sure it came from the seats and hence I was sure he did not do anything to stop it. Yesterday I was again able to hear the sound a couple of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
All perfectly part of the package from Maruti. If you roll down the windows a bit, you can easily shake them horizontally within the channel using your hands. Ask MASS to fix it up for you. It is reduced in my car now.

The seats - well that happens even now. If I get into a pothole or drive across a speed breaker a bit horizontally, the seats will creak and shift from their place a bit.

These are quality issues with Maruti and it is always been there with their cars. These are areas where Toyota and honda are much ahead with their quality. My city never ever had a creaking sound after 6 years of ownership!!

I got second servicing of my car done earlier this month from Sai Service, Hinjewadi (Pune) and I reported both the issues above. At first, the advisor showed multiple cars with same window problem and tried to fix the noise by tightening few things. He did not bother to understand where the noise was coming from nor he took test ride before handing over the car to me after service.

I reported this next day when I got the feedback call and I was told that service advisor & technician would come at my place to fix these things on Saturday. As expected, noone called me or showed up that day; and I got another feedback call. On this call, I made sure that the person calling me listens to me and then went berserk! I was asked to bring the car to workshop once again. This time everything was correctly aligned. The window problem is now going to be escalated to Maruti and screeching noise of the seat is completely done away with. Service advisor and I ended up taking 4 test rides after every adjustment or change made to sort out this noise. Finally they managed it. Advisor himself did some work and he told me that they tightened all screws, screws to chasis, oiled the springs below the seat.

Now I am waiting for window problem to be solved.
sagara999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 18:03   #5215
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the Hatchback vs Compact SUV thread::

Much water flown under the bridge. Booked on May 26th and the S-Cross 1.3 was nowhere to be seen. 1.6 variants continue to be produced though. I am assuming this is because the 1.3 engine is shared with the Baleno and the Brezza and priority is being given to them.

Meanwhile, the heart starting playing its part and I took a test drive of the 1.6 yesterday. I wanted to check how bad the lag was. Surprisingly, it was manageable to me, maybe in bumper to bumper traffic it would be a bit more difficult. I could not gain any high speed but the medium speeds which I gained left me grinning. So, the decision has been revised and the variant has been changed to the 1.6 Alpha

Hopefully will get the vehicle by the first week of August. At the risk of repeating the emoticon, this is how my face looks now
arvind71181 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 15:11   #5216
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,
I took the delivery of my BULLDOG (S-cross 1.6 Alpha caffeine brown) on 19th July 2016. Vipul Nexa Showroom Noida .

Driven 150 kms, Absolutely no complains. The pull and power is just mind blowing and reminds you to handle it responsibly .

Regarding the lag, yes it is there but it is manageable, i did not find it an issue at all.

Currently not thinking of any upgrades, although i would love to change the tyres.

But in a nutshell: very very happy with S-cross 1.6.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160719_181634379_hdr-1.jpg  

madaboutCARS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 16:04   #5217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Dear Bhpians,
I took the delivery of my BULLDOG (S-cross 1.6 Alpha caffeine brown) on 19th July 2016. Vipul Nexa Showroom Noida .

Driven 150 kms, Absolutely no complains. The pull and power is just mind blowing and reminds you to handle it responsibly .

Regarding the lag, yes it is there but it is manageable, i did not find it an issue at all.

Currently not thinking of any upgrades, although i would love to change the tyres.

But in a nutshell: very very happy with S-cross 1.6.
Superb, Congrats!!! Since our discussion, I have also upgraded my choice to Alpha 1.6. Your call was probably the first step in that direction . My vehicle is scheduled to be delivered on 4th of August
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 00:45   #5218
Distinguished - BHPian

I for one like the 2017 SCross. I also read that it is slightly bigger than the outgoing model. Suzuki has added more soft touch plastics to the dash it seems. The big question is, will it feel like an upgrade from Safari Dicor 2.2. I know it cannot be as spacious or as comfortable, but if it can seat 4 comfortably and drive decently, I am sold on to the 1.6

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 22nd July 2016 at 00:46.
Old 22nd July 2016, 00:55   #5219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I for one like the 2017 SCross. I also read that it is slightly bigger than the outgoing model. Suzuki has added more soft touch plastics to the dash it seems. The big question is, will it feel like an upgrade from Safari Dicor 2.2. I know it cannot be as spacious or as comfortable, but if it can seat 4 comfortably and drive decently, I am sold on to the 1.6
I don't think the facelift model is bigger than the current one. Suzuki has changed only front end. There would be only minor difference in dimensions, thanks to new bumper(only by few mm) . Interior space would be same.

S-Cross 1.6 would be an upgrade in terms of driving pleasure, i.e better performance and handling .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 09:54   #5220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Dear Bhpians,
Congrats on the new car. How long did it take from booking till delivery? How much was the price on road, and were there any discounts or other offers which the dealership was able to give you?

Most Viewed