Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 19:49   #5191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
I am also in the same boat. Booked 1.3 on 24 May 16. S-Cross inventory levels are at the lowest since launch. Production seems halted for S-Cross, may be to provide for numbers of Baleno and Vitara Brezza. Negligible supplies subsequent to Subros fire accident. Baffling game plan by Maruti Suzuki
Agreed, it is baffling why there is absolutely no priority given to a "premium" offering. But for me, the S-Cross is the best car available in my budget so am waiting and there is no urgency as well. But patience is wearing thin...
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 19:23   #5192
BHPian

Hi,

I am taking my S-cross for second service at 4700km. Can you please let me know what are the things I should be aware off?

Girish
Old 15th July 2016, 20:39   #5193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

I am taking my S-cross for second service at 4700km. Can you please let me know what are the things I should be aware off?

Girish
The manual has a checklist for the jobs to be carried out in the second service, make sure to look at it once. Also, if your car is from the batch which had a soft recall for the rear break calipers then please ask them to include that if you havnt already availed of that fix. Any other niggles and issues you may want fixed. I'm sure the others here can give more inputs.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 10:30   #5194
BHPian

was looking at the s cross

check with 2 nexa dealers in mumbai. According to them the 1.6 is now available only in the alpha version. Does any one have any more information on the same.

Test drove the 1.3 & 1.6 yesterday in normal city conditions. On the 1.6 Post 1800 rpm its like sitting on a roller coaster. But 1.3 had better drivability in town

1.6 alpha on road is 14.8 vs 1.3 zeta (most VFM) which is 11.4

City/Highway running will be 80/20

Heart wants the 1.6 !!!
Old 16th July 2016, 11:21   #5195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post

1.6 alpha on road is 14.8 vs 1.3 zeta (most VFM) which is 11.4

City/Highway running will be 80/20

Heart wants the 1.6 !!!
Go with the heart. Even being an owner of 1.3 Zeta, I would recommend the 1.6. Turbo lag and all you can get used to. I drive with the same 80/20 pattern, but that 20 number makes you feel like " Only if i had got the 1.6 then...".
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 12:12   #5196
BHPian

I got my seat covers and steering wheel cover done at SP Sports, Vijaya Bank Layout last week.

Though I was on the fence about the colour (my wife and son were more involved in the selection), once I saw the final product, I had to agree that the seat covers added a brightness and richer look/feel to the interiors.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4421.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4423.jpg

The steering wheel cover can be seen here:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4427.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4435.jpg

Regarding the installation experience, I had placed the order on Sunday. Even tough the seat covers were ready by Wednesday, I could visit the shop only on Friday (work issues). For the installation they took approximately 5 hours - dropped the car of at 10:30 and the car was ready by 3:45 in the afternoon.

I am quite happy with the quality of the installation and the seat covers. The steering wheel is more better to hold, with the layer of soft padding.

The total damage to my wallet was 14K.
Aiel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 13:13   #5197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I got my seat covers and steering wheel cover done at SP Sports, Vijaya Bank Layout last week.
Congratulations !!. Colour choices are personal and very subjective.

Frankly, I did not find this seat colour gel with the interior colour scheme of S-Cross. It's purely my personal opinion and
Old 16th July 2016, 13:42   #5198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I think 14k is a good deal. What is the material of seat covers? The texture looks good. Steering cover looks awesome fit. Did you get the pedals changed too?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th July 2016 at 13:47. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our small screen users. Thanks!
Old 16th July 2016, 14:34   #5199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Congratulations !!. Colour choices are personal and very subjective.

Frankly, I did not find this seat colour gel with the interior colour scheme of S-Cross. It's purely my personal opinion and
To each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
I think 14k is a good deal. What is the material of seat covers? The texture looks good. Steering cover looks awesome fit. Did you get the pedals changed too?
The material was an artificial leather (do not know the exact term for it).

The pedals were changed from the showroom itself, at the delivery time.
Old 16th July 2016, 16:58   #5200

Took our S-Cross out in the hills of Kumaon for our first family road trip in the car. Attaching a few pics for viewing pleasure
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7229.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7244.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7261.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7264.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7281.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7284.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7283.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7308.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7345.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7569.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7571.jpg  

Hades1011 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 17:11   #5201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Took our S-Cross out in the hills of Kumaon for our first family road trip in the car. Attaching a few pics for viewing pleasure
Wonderful pictures !! Wish you many more pleasant trips and much more happy miles.

When I saw the word Kumaon, One memory jumped out.. "Man eaters of Kumaon" by Jim Korbett was an English text book that I studied during my Pre Degree (Now it's known as +2) during 1988-90.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 17:26   #5202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Wonderful pictures !! Wish you many more pleasant trips and much more happy miles.

When I saw the word Kumaon, One memory jumped out.. "Man eaters of Kumaon" by Jim Korbett was an English text book that I studied during my Pre Degree (Now it's known as +2) during 1988-90.
Well, coincidentally the route we took was near one of the gates of the Corbett National Park and we also crossed Corbett's village on our way.
Old 16th July 2016, 18:04   #5203
BHPian

Saw a YELLOW BOARD S Cross today at Trivandrum, near Bakery Junction.

That was a first for me. Couldn't identify if it was the 1.3 or 1.6. It was a blue one.
Old 17th July 2016, 01:51   #5204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Saw a YELLOW BOARD S Cross today at Trivandrum, near Bakery Junction.

That was a first for me. Couldn't identify if it was the 1.3 or 1.6. It was a blue one.
I think Kerala get the first taxis of any car launched; the same was with Vista (in a non-white color) just 1-2 months after the launch when TATA was making loud statements that the car will not be allowed to be registered as a taxi! I couldn't find a Vista taxi in Bangalore long after that even.

With the kind of premium for 1.6, there is no reason someone will buy it for a taxi badge. Plus, the reduced FE - these two points will ensure taxi variants will be restricted to the 1.3 version. The 1.6 being an import engine and the hooligan nature of the 1.6 will seal the deal against; the passengers would hate to be "pinned to the seat" while the driver wouldn't mind!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th July 2016 at 01:53.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 11:31   #5205
Sip
BHPian

With the lowest inventory levels of S-Cross, halt in production for over a month, likelyhood of petrol variant and SHVS on S-Cross tempt me to speculate that may be some changes on S-Cross are underway. Any increase in demand of S-Cross would ease the pressure on Vitara Brezza production.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks