Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2016, 21:51   #5161
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post

The headlights are not powerful enough. I will definitely need to change the bulbs as of now. Please advise me on what can be upgraded with and obviously I don't want to void my warranty.
I recently replaced the bulbs to Bosch Gigalight 120 plus.(Rs 1400 for a pair). It's the same wattage as the stock bulbs (60/55 W). There is a marked difference in the light output and throw also. You can try this one or try Ring UltimaXenon.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 22:01   #5162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I recently replaced the bulbs to Bosch Gigalight 120 plus.(Rs 1400 for a pair). It's the same wattage as the stock bulbs (60/55 W). There is a marked difference in the light output and throw also. You can try this one or try Ring UltimaXenon.
Thanks Sree73. Will check on this. It was one stressful drive today while return via ECR. I was actually feeling that all vehicles in my opposite direction were having powerful lights than mine
Old 11th July 2016, 00:38   #5163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Hi All, I just returned from a short trip to pondicherry from chennai. This has been my first long trip in my S Cross zeta. Few pointers from my trip though it has already been discussed earlier by other members:

The headlights are not powerful enough. I will definitely need to change the bulbs as of now. Please advise me on what can be upgraded with and obviously I don't want to void my warranty.

Though the seating position is perfect, I have started getting neck pain now after this journey. I guess the headrest might be a reason. Has anyone felt this??

I am running on the stock JK tyres. The noise is bearable except if I run on cement roads where the noise enters the cabin.

The overall mileage for the trip was around 19.4 and I sincerely hope it increases once it crosses 5k mark ( currently at 2k mark).

Happy revving. Cheers A.
I had the same issue with my S-cross . The service centre replaced the rear axle beam and now the body pain is gone .
But , the rear shock absorbers seem to have issues . The car fishtails at very low speeds over uneven roads , turnings . It is scary to drive at times .

As for the head lights , I would suggest the 130/90 W bulbs with philips relay rather than go with the night breaker type bulbs .

Last edited by greatmana2000 : 11th July 2016 at 00:40.
Old 11th July 2016, 09:36   #5164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
S Cross sales fall to just 110 units in June 2016.

There has been a fall in almost all Maruti models, and its attributed to the fire at Subros, but still, this huge fall in S-Cross sales is a shocker.

http://www.autopunditz.com/
My thoughts - It is completely due to the fire in the AC vendor plant. I got a visit from my relationship manager on Friday. He came over to my office and handed me a letter which said that full blown production of the S-Cross will start only in the first week of August and that I can be expected to get my vehicle around the 3rd week. I had booked my vehicle on the 26th of May. He gave me a box of Ferrero Rocher to compensate for the delay . I think priority is being given right now to the Brezza and the Baleno.

A side note, the letter which was handed over needed a lot of improvement. Lot of mistakes, not sure how it got green lighted to be given to the customers!! And so, the (frustrating) wait continues...
arvind71181 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 10:57   #5165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
S Cross sales fall to just 110 units in June 2016.
There has been a fall in almost all Maruti models, and its attributed to the fire at Subros, but still, this huge fall in S-Cross sales is a shocker.
Production capacity Strikes Maruti Suzuki. Huge demand for Baleno and Vitara Brezza given priority.

Maruti sends out a circular to Nexa officially stating a Minimum waiting period of 6 weeks for any variant S Cross.

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th July 2016 at 11:09.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 16:32   #5166
Distinguished - BHPian

S-Cross & Baleno : Both Nexa Cars At Home
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160711wa0016.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160711wa0015.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160711wa0014.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 18:27   #5167
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitiloop View Post
Yes in hindsight I should have slowed down...the road was such that 2 vehicles would cross each other comfortably. So in previous instances slow down was not required. However if the oncoming vehicle crossed the medium even by a small magin...you needed to get off road. I must have misjudged it and hence getting on-off the road at same speed happened.

The 3-4 times zig-zag movement, brake failure and loss of steering control then followed...Really lucky to come out safe!

I have the same issue. The rear simply bottoms out on small uneven roads and pot holes. Even with speeds below 50-60 km/hr there is a loss of traction at the rear on turns. While on rumbler strips (4-5) small speed breakers together at speeds of below 15-20 km/hr there is a loss of traction. The brakes are fine, ABS works as expected. It is simply the suspension and nothing else. The loss of traction is intermittent but it is easily noticed by an experienced driver.

This is an issue for real and very major one for the S-cross . It is very dangerous to drive the car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitiloop View Post
My first post here! The thread has influenced me the most to buy the s cross 1.6 and now I am a proud owner of the delta version
The loss of steering control and no response to braking remain my biggest worry...do i need to get things checked?
The loss of traction was not due to speed or 3-4 inches of road height difference. On a Punto with over 4-6 inches of difference betwwwn the road surfaces and speeds over 100km/hr it is entertaining and confidence inspiring. Similarly, a high pressure of 55 on one wheel would not make the car lose control. It is more to do with loss of traction on the rears. The brakes are nothing to complain/ The ABS works as expected and they are pretty decent for speeds upto 140 (which I have done max).

Last edited by aah78 : 11th July 2016 at 19:33. Reason: Posts edited for grammar, spell-check & merged. Quote only relevant portions of posts please. Thanks!
Old 12th July 2016, 09:36   #5168

Got my S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in Pearl Arctic White delivered on the auspicious day of Rath Yatra, 06.07.2016. Here are some photographs from that day.

At the Nexa Delivery Bay:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160706_153556.jpg

Puja being performed by the family priest :

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-potpl3.jpg

The beast has been affectionately named "Snow Leopard" by my daughter.

The Snow Leopard takes pride of place at the parking lot. Looks bigger than most of the big boys.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-potpl.jpg

My observations so far:

It is a much improved version than the last year. I think, Maruti has tickled the mapping a wee bit. The turbo lag/kick is not very evident now and the low range performance has improved. The car does not feel sluggish at low speeds.

As mentioned in my earlier post a few days ago, the alloy wheels now come in gun metal finish hence, I have decided to retain them for the time being. On the JK Tyre front, the RSM and Service Engineer of JK Tyre had called on me a few days ago. They assured me that they have had no complaints against JK Elanzo NXT in the eastern region. Most of the complaints are coming from the west and south of the country where they feel that the road compound does not go well with the hard compound Elanzo NXT. Since I have faced no issue with tyre noise so far, we have agreed that I drive the car for 1K/2k and report to them about any issues with the tyre. They are still ready to replace all five tyres with JK UX Royale of the same size. Although, noise and excessive tread wear are not an issue at present, I did show them the amount of gravel being picked up by the tyres. I intend to carry on with the same set as of now. At least I have assurance from the JK Tyre Kolkata team and they are in regular touch.

The FE hovers around 15 in city driving conditions with AC on at all times and I am sure it will improve when I do some highway driving in the coming weeks. The only noise from inside the cabin was coming from the hazard triangle which was kept loosely on the parcel tray. After removing it, the noise is gone. The vehicle feels tight and inspires lot of confidence while driving.

The navigation and smartphone connectivity work fine. I have not had a chance to engage cruise control so far but hope to do so on one of the highway trips. People who have had the pleasure of riding the Snow Leopard have had a big smile on their faces.

Last but not the least, many thanks to the Mods and all the participants on this forum for enabling me to take this decision.

Warm regards,

Parryontheprowl.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th July 2016 at 08:03. Reason: Inserting images
Parryontheprowl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 10:02   #5169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parryontheprowl View Post
Got my S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in Pearl Arctic White delivered on the auspicious day of Rath Yatra, 06.07.2016. Here are some photographs from that day.====
At least I have assurance from the JK Tyre Kolkata team and they are in regular touch.
Parryontheprowl
Hi, Congrats!

I have also booked an S-Cross in Kolkata. Would love to know how did you manage to get in touch with the JK guys?

Also, read in this thread that MS was supposed to switch to Apollo tyres. That doesn't seem to have happened yet. Thanks.
Old 12th July 2016, 10:39   #5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtail View Post
Hi, Congrats!

I have also booked an S-Cross in Kolkata. Would love to know how did you manage to get in touch with the JK guys?

Also, read in this thread that MS was supposed to switch to Apollo tyres. That doesn't seem to have happened yet. Thanks.
Hi Fishtail,

Congratulations on booking an S-Cross. The JK Tyre guys met me when I visited the dealer workshop to conduct the PDI. This was before I took delivery of the vehicle. It just so happened that the Service Engineer was at the workshop to attend to another warranty claim. He happened to overhear my concerns about the Elanzo NXT and offered to help. Thereafter, they have been in regular touch. I guess you can ask your NEXA RM to get you through to the JK Tyre guys or else, if you can PM me, I shall be glad to help.

No, they haven't switched to Apollo Tyres yet.

Thank you and warm regards. Eager to see another S-Cross on Kolkata roads soon.

Parryontheprowl
Old 12th July 2016, 15:58   #5171

Can someone who has a 1.6 remapped post a review please?
Old 12th July 2016, 16:27   #5172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZrider View Post
Can someone who has a 1.6 remapped post a review please?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-remapped.html

Not sure if there are more, please search.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 17:36   #5173

I did follow his review but no updates for quite a while.
I was looking at knowing more on how the 1.6 rides in traffic and going up chat roads.
Back to back driving the Duster Awd and the 1.6, I find the first and second gears to be a bit tall. Wondering if a remap would help crawl better.
Old 12th July 2016, 19:12   #5174
BHPian

Quote:
I was looking at knowing more on how the 1.6 rides in traffic and going up chat roads.
Back to back driving the Duster Awd and the 1.6, I find the first and second gears to be a bit tall. Wondering if a remap would help crawl better.

Not sure how the remapped one behaves. But with the stock 1.6 set up (May 2016 manufactured), I have not noticed any issues with the first two gears. Also, did a recent trip to Yercaud consisting of ghat routes where I was able to climb the ghat section with ease in just 3rd and 4th gears without having to frequently use the first two gears at all. Hope this is of some help to you
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 21:06   #5175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Drove my 1.6 up to Ooty last weekend, by the rather steep and broken south slope reserve forest road.
No, turbo lag is not an issue at all, and gearing is pretty spot on. If you can live with the body roll and "squishiness" of higher profile tyres, it is capable of being hustled up the steepest hairpins in 2nd gear itself.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks