Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 10:07   #5326
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
- Once the demand for Brezza stabilizes MSIL is looking at plonking 1.6 mill in Brezza; this engine is not going anywhere unless otherwise Government of India changes policy around Diesel cars, which is unlikely for sub 2 litre engine. This is planned to strengthen its position against Creta and create space for 2 upcoming compact SUV / Cross Overs in next FY
This is the Vitara -range topping which is inline with the international model and will come in both Petrol and diesel.
Feasibility study of a seven seat based on Vitara Brezza is too speculated to be under way.

But the question here is where will they plonk the Suzuki 1.5 diesel which is due in late 2017/18?

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th August 2016 at 10:09.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 15:48   #5327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Shock sensor sensitivity levels would be set high. If it is set high, a loud honk/thunder etc would trigger the alarm. I have S-Cross Alpha and reduced the sensitivity levels in MID. I am not sure if it's the same in Delta variant. Kindly refer owner's manual for details.
Thank you, Dr Naren.

But the sad part is that when siren goes off it is normally silent everywhere with no such disturbance as loud honk etc.

Thank you again.
Old 4th August 2016, 16:14   #5328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320NmThunder View Post
Thank you, Dr Naren.

But the sad part is that when siren goes off it is normally silent everywhere with no such disturbance as loud honk etc.

Thank you again.
If the sensitivity level is set at highest, alarm will trigger even if someone taps the car. For mild intrusion there would be only few beeps. For major intrusion, sensors will let the alarm switch on with full bast.

If you want to rule out shock sensors, just disable it and check if alarm gets triggered on it's own.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 18:00   #5329
Distinguished - BHPian

Remap for 1.6 S-Cross : Yes or No?

I had almost decided to get RD dual channel box and also get free dyno run. But later decided to remap the car. Car is no way under powered in stock map and actually there is no "need" to remap. But this car has very good potential if remapped, remap is a "want" here not a need.

So what's stopping me?

1. ECU needs to be bench flashed. ECU once opened will lead to loss of warranty. Most of the parts for 1.6 is imported and would cost a bomb.

2. 1.6 S-Cross has fully imported M32 gearbox. This gearbox is used in many cars with 1.6 multijet engine abroad. This particular gearbox is known for numerous issues . Maximum input torque is rated at 320 NM which is the stock torque in 1.6 S-Cross. I dont know if it's safe to increase the torque further by remap.

Also, I have seen few cars with 1.6 multijet engine remapped abroad. Some guys have added a bigger turbo etc and have taken it till 200 bhp (at crank).

Details about M32 gearbox :

Quote:
Bearing failure on the M32 gearbox is very common.
Typically you will notice a whining noise when cruising on the motorway in 6th gear. The whining will come and go as you press and release the accelerator. When the bearings wear even more, the gearstick will begin to move as you press/release the clutch in first gear.

The maximum input torque for the M32 manual transmission is 320 Nm.
The weight of the M32 manual transmission is approx. 41.5 kg without fluid.
The overall length of the transmission is 329.5 mm.
http://autolusso.co.uk/gearbox-m32.html

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th August 2016 at 18:02.
Old 4th August 2016, 18:51   #5330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Remap for 1.6 S-Cross : Yes or No?

I had almost decided to get RD dual channel box and also get free dyno run. But later decided to remap the car. Car is no way under powered in stock map and actually there is no "need" to remap. But this car has very good potential if remapped, remap is a "want" here not a need.
Let me put it in an honest and cut-throat way - Stick to the current setup and dont be greedy for more power. I have driven the Indian as well as the Euro spec model and the manufacturer is already giving you such terrific performance, that asking for more will turn out to be quite unnecessary and problematic. Though I have hopes on the S-Cross 1.6 still being sold in India, repair and spares might be an issue even if in the future this engine is localised. If you have an imported motor under the hood, you will have to stick to imported parts for the engine mechanicals in case of a failure. Such is the case with the SX4 whose engine had imported parts in the initial days.

Since the gearbox is also imported, I think it will be an expensive job to replace the clutch if it is fried prematurely due to excess torque. Hence, keep all that in mind and enjoy the current tune in peace. If there is one reason I am very interested in the 1.6 as my next car, it is the OE setup that you get. No need of tuning box, remap, etc and we can enjoy it so much in its stock setup itself which very few cars actually can deliver.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 19:06   #5331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Let me put it in an honest and cut-throat way - Stick to the current setup and dont be greedy for more power. I have driven the Indian as well as the Euro spec model and the manufacturer is already giving you such terrific performance, that asking for more will turn out to be quite unnecessary and problematic.
Agreed!!

1.6 S-Cross is one such car where performance in stock setup could be really enjoyed. In my other cars like SX4 and Grand I10, more power was something which I craved for. Since I am used to driving a remapped car (SX4), I just got little power greedy . Holding the peak torque for longer revv band totally transforms the car. But here I am concerned about warranty and availability of parts. SX4 and Grand i10 had performance mods after warranty period. I was supposed to get 1.6 S-Cross remapped next week. I will resist this (practical decision). Grand I10 would be tried to remap again instead .
Old 4th August 2016, 20:47   #5332
Distinguished - BHPian

India built S Cross officially confirmed for Indonesia - Bookings open soon.
The S Cross petrol variant details to be revealed soon.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-promoscross.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th August 2016 at 20:49.
Old 4th August 2016, 23:12   #5333
BHPian

In the morning while going to office, I was not getting proper feedback from the accelerator, especially in 1st / 2nd gear. The car was kind of stalling and needed much more accelerator input to move than my normal pattern. Was little bit worried. But, while returning back from office, it was perfectly fine. No issues.

Could not understand why the car behaved differently in the morning.

Today, crossed 17000 KMs In almost an year. (Rather 9 months, as 3 months car was not used as I was out of station)

Last edited by Sree73 : 4th August 2016 at 23:16.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 01:11   #5334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
In the morning while going to office, I was not getting proper feedback from the accelerator, especially in 1st / 2nd gear. The car was kind of stalling and needed much more accelerator input to move than my normal pattern. Was little bit worried. But, while returning back from office, it was perfectly fine. No issues.

Could not understand why the car behaved differently in the morning.

Today, crossed 17000 KMs In almost an year. (Rather 9 months, as 3 months car was not used as I was out of station)
Did you recently have your vehicle water (pressure) washed? Have you not used the vehicle for long? Both these conditions cause water (/moisture) absorption by the air-filter element resulting in the symptoms you described.
If so, please remove the air-cleaner element, blow-dry if possible and re-install, the car should be good to go!
During your return, the filter element must have got unclogged with the running of the engine (warming-up of the engine bay, evaporation of moisture), hence the journey was uneventful!
cpbopanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 04:39   #5335
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
-

- Once the demand for Brezza stabilizes MSIL is looking at plonking 1.6 mill in Brezza; this engine is not going anywhere unless otherwise Government of India changes policy around Diesel cars, which is unlikely for sub 2 litre engine. This is planned to strengthen its position against Creta and create space for 2 upcoming compact SUV / Cross Overs in next FY. It is also expected that the DDIS 320 engine gets a retuning of motor for Brezza to reduce the turbo lag and increase the fun element during in-city driving
I don't understand this part. The 2 suv/cross over coming here will be ignis which sits below and vitara which sits above brezza. Then, launching the brezza in 1.6 version will fill the gap and not create it.

Imo, as volkman said, the 1.6 will come in international vitara. It may come in brezza only if a 7-seater version is launched.

So the maruti diesel suv/cross lineup will be:

Ignis 75bhp
Brezza 90bhp
Scross 90bhp
Brezza 7-seater 1.6 (if at all launched)
International Vitara 1.6
Old 5th August 2016, 06:27   #5336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Did you recently have your vehicle water (pressure) washed? Have you not used the vehicle for long? Both these conditions cause water (/moisture) absorption by the air-filter element resulting in the symptoms you described.
Thanks cpbopanna. I will check that angle and see if anything is amiss there. I had cleaned the air filter a month ago (@16K KM).

Answer your specific queries, both are "No". The car is a daily commute vehicle and it's used regularly. Also, no pressure wash was was done.

Anyways, was driving in the very wet conditions of Bangalore rains last week and will check any clogging is there in the air filter.
Old 5th August 2016, 16:50   #5337
Senior - BHPian

Tool delivery of my Grey S-Cross Alpha 1.6 yesterday evening. The beast is home!!

Drove around 100 kms. Surprisingly (or maybe buyer bias ), I am finding the lag to be pretty easy to handle. No opportunity to go to 5th or 6th gears yet. Ownership report should be out soon, once I drive around 1000 kms.

Trip to Bangalore coming up, looking forward to the journey more than the destination
arvind71181 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 18:43   #5338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Does anyone have a clue on actual sale figure of S-Cross in July 16?
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Expect S Cross sales figures in July to be in the range of 1500-2000 units.
Waiting period now( in Blr) is 10 weeks for DDiS200 variants.
Actual figures reported by Auto Punditz is 369 units, Ertiga production seems to be prioritized.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 19:51   #5339
Distinguished - BHPian

'Made in India' SX4 S Cross lands in Indonesia, leaked petrol variant specs. Likely the same engine for India soon. Exquisite 16 "Alloys !

Comes in 5 speed MT or 6 Speed CVT in Petrol variants.
Quote:
New Suzuki S-Cross 2016 secar imported CBU from the Hindustan country equipped with engine capacity of 1.5 liter DOHC VVT with five-speed manual transmission or six-speed CVT.
Quote:
Suzuki S-Cross comes in two variants, namely manual transmissions at 246.9 million, while for the automatic cost Rp 259.5 million.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-suzukiscross2016indonesiaterbaru696x449.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-suzukiscross2016indonesiaharga.jpg

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th August 2016 at 19:57.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 20:17   #5340

Got Philips LED foglamps installed on my S-Cross.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160805-20.10.051.jpg  

Hades1011 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks