Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 07:33   #5371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rattles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
My uncle has booked a S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in Trivandrum and is expecting delivery in a couple of weeks. Now, there is one thing between him and the S-Cross that is on the way to Trivandrum - 0 sightings in Trivandrum.
I have my s-cross in trivandrum and there is one other 1.3 (brown) in my same apartment and works in my same campus. Also, There is a regular white 1.6 Alpha that reaches technopark phase 3 at about 8.30 followed by a blue 1.3 at about 9 am. My colleague also owns a 1.3 zeta. So, that is 5 s-cross in technopark phase 3 alone.

Annoyingly, there is an s-cross with yellow plates. :( I will take a pic if I can find it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I have been noticing rattles on rough roads and at lower rpms from the left glass and glovebox areas. Has any one noticed them in their cars ? Is S cross going the Swift way.. ?

Hoping to fix them at 20k service
I too found them, and to my annoyance found that the passenger side seat lever for the reclining options fowls with the seat, creating this irritating noise. Just a dab on it to push it slightly away gets rid of the noise for a while and then it returns. :(

Last edited by govigov : 10th August 2016 at 07:36.
Old 10th August 2016, 10:09   #5372
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Gear to Explore is the tagline for S Cross, to be unveiled shortly at the Indonesia Auto fair. Expect the petrol variant to have the same configuration when launched in India,
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-suzukisx4scrossspyshotindonesiaversion630x384.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-spyshotsuzukisx4scrossindonesiaversion630x236.jpg

Petrol engine will be the M15A - to confirm on the final output. Will come in both MT and AT variants.
Quote:
The power of the M15A engine to be applied in the new Suzuki S-Cross will produce around 100 Hp at 5,900 rpm and 133 Nm at 4,100 rpm just like the previous Suzuki Swift.
OR
Basically there is a bigger M15A output with 111 Ps and 142 Nm like fitted in the previous Suzuki Ignis, but with a high 11:1 compression ratio.
OR
For Indonesia version, probably it will apply a lower compression ratio to produce 109 Hp and 138 Nm.
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th August 2016 at 10:11.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 10:31   #5373

Re: Rattles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I have been noticing rattles on rough roads and at lower rpms from the left glass and glovebox areas. Has any one noticed them in their cars ? Is S cross going the Swift way.. ?

Hoping to fix them at 20k service
I have had a plastic rattle / buzz from front left corner of dashboard in 1300-1800 engine rpm range (its a 1.6 delta) almost since day 1. It vanished after 2nd service when that corner was opened and packed with foam. Its back now - intermittently.
Old 10th August 2016, 12:26   #5374
BHPian

OT:

Slightly OT question i like to ask.i have scross 1.6 alpha bought in feb 2016.to be honest i am more than happy with performance.at the time of booking dad opted for maximum loan which calculates to emi of around 24k/month. Now my dad and i had discussion over this and we came to conclution that we are not using the car regularly( 7k km in 6 months with 90% driving in city) somehow dad are now looking to sell the Scross and thinking about buying hatchbacks like swift or grand i10 and invest remaining money in our business which is the best bet according to him.as expected i am not that happy with this saga but somehow i have to accept the fact that we are not able to justify the price we paid for it. Right now i want to know is there any way i can reduce the current emi by paying additional amount to the bank? I just want to reduce the emi so that i can convince my dad to keep this car
Old 10th August 2016, 12:43   #5375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thanks for posting this.

I went for 3rd servicing of my 1.3 with the same clunking noise problem. Initially the Pasco folks could not diagnose it. So I showed them your post, after which a MUL engineer examined and ordered for a replacement of the "dead axle". The part was not available in stock and should be in tomorrow / day after.

Thank You
Update - The part arrived within 48 hours (inspite of the heavy flooding fiasco in Gurgaon)

But I managed to drop the car yesterady for the change. It took about 4-5 hours (including a complemenatry wash). Issue resolved - the sound has disappeared completely.

This was the first S-Cross to get the "dead axle" changed at Pasco Gurgaon, although they claim to the biggest Nexa dealer.

I will post a copy of the bill later, but was told that the part costed INR 18.xx k
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 15:40   #5376
Distinguished - BHPian

Made in India S Cross for Indonesia - AT confirmed.
Price starts at ~ 12.8 INR Lakhs for MT and ~13.26 Lakhs for AT

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-4.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-5.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-6.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-7.jpg

Source- Suzukimobil

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th August 2016 at 15:51.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 15:51   #5377
Senior - BHPian

The infotainment system seems different to the one that is on offer here. There are 5 lights below the screen, unlike the placement on the right side for the indian version.
Old 10th August 2016, 16:06   #5378

Dear friends,

Need your suggestion and may be any of you had a similar observation as under:

My SCross was recalled for brake work, and though brake never felt like an issue, but after the recall and work it seems the sharpness of the brake is gone.

I now have to press the brakes harder and even then I feel brakes lack teh punch and effect they had earlier.

I discussed the issue with service centre and the response I got was, "earlier brakes were bad as they were bringing the car to sudden stops, that is what has been rectified". Does this seems acceptable?

It is now very hard to prove that brakes are not effective as the service center guys can easily push brakes much harder and say 'see it is working fine' :(

This may be a silly query but is annoying me. Not to mention the sound from dead axle is very much there is my car, they are just saying we are calling the experts from maruti to check that?

Thanks for your responses and help.
Regards
Old 10th August 2016, 19:05   #5379
BANNED

My S-cross has covered around 6000 kms and I have changed the bulbs to a 130/90 hella and the horns as well . The car is suprisingly fast and it does need a better set of horns .

The problems with the car is that the suspension is woefully soft and bottoms out at the rear . The steering is a bit vague on the turns and is not so confidence inspiring .
Old 10th August 2016, 20:06   #5380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
The problems with the car is that the suspension is woefully soft and bottoms out at the rear . The steering is a bit vague on the turns and is not so confidence inspiring .
I'm surprised to hear that you are finding the steering some what vague. I found the steering is precise and inspire confidence in turns. The steering feedback is very perfect.

I have driven almost 20K KMs including very long highway runs and bumper to bumper city drives

Last edited by Sree73 : 10th August 2016 at 20:08.
Old 10th August 2016, 20:34   #5381
BHPian

There is something that I have noticed in almost all turbocharged Diesel engines that I can hear the turbocharger wheezing if I kill the engine too soon. Have experienced this in Nissan, Ford, VW but not in the 1.3 DDIS national engine. Any idea why? Infact in other engines I can hear a whistle when the turbocharger kicks in but have never heard in 1.3 DDIS.
Old 10th August 2016, 21:31   #5382
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki reveals the S- Cross Petrol Variant specifications - launching tomorrow at the GIIAS 2016

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

To come in 5 Speed MT and a 6 Speed AT.

Engine - M15A
Power - 109 hp/ 6000rpm
Torque- 138NM @4400 rpm

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg

Source- Suzuki

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th August 2016 at 21:40.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 04:54   #5383
BHPian

Quote:
I am really shocked to hear woefully soft suspension as a problem of S-Cross I have drove over 9k kms and has never bottomed out once. I have always felt the suspension to be relatively stiffer than other cars I have driven. Also, with respect to the steering - it is lighter than our Dzire's EPS but it not as vague in corners. I felt it to be pretty straight and very confident inspiring. The feedback can be better, but is not a limitation in any sense of imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I have my s-cross in trivandrum and there is one other 1.3 (brown) in my same apartment and works in my same campus. Also, There is a regular white 1.6 Alpha that reaches technopark phase 3 at about 8.30 followed by a blue 1.3 at about 9 am. My colleague also owns a 1.3 zeta. So, that is 5 s-cross in technopark phase 3 alone.
Nice to know there are quite some S-Crosses in technopark. But I dont think that will comfort him. In my opinion, if you love the car - just go for it. Why worry how many people have already bought it? Unless resale is the priority, one should not be really worried.

Last edited by Vigkey : 11th August 2016 at 04:57.
Old 11th August 2016, 06:21   #5384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
There is something that I have noticed in almost all turbocharged Diesel engines that I can hear the turbocharger wheezing if I kill the engine too soon. Have experienced this in Nissan, Ford, VW but not in the 1.3 DDIS national engine. Any idea why? Infact in other engines I can hear a whistle when the turbocharger kicks in but have never heard in 1.3 DDIS.
I think you are referring to the turbo whine.It's there but very faint. Try driving with the windows rolled down next time, you will hear it. Moreover the turbo has a very silent blow-off. The most noisier ones I have heard is in the Scorpio and Safari.
Old 11th August 2016, 06:33   #5385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My S-cross has covered around 6000 kms and I have changed the bulbs to a 130/90 hella and the horns as well . The car is suprisingly fast and it does need a better set of horns .

Great! Can you share some insight on the light change? I am guessing ceramic holders without cutting wires. How was the wiring for the horn done?

I felt the suspension a bit stiffer than usual and it has never bottom'd out for me. I felt the steering feedback better than most cars, but not as great as the fords. A different than usual feedback, may be your driving style and expectations are different.

A question to all s-cross owners:

Did you ever feel the rear fish tailing at any point?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks