Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 09:41   #5521
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
And yes, I have an updated engine map which reduces turbo lag.
Thanks for confirming buddy!! I too have found the difference between my car and TD car. My car would pull in 3 rd gear at 1000 RPM while TD car was not that responsive.

How long did the update take? Did you complain about turbo lag or was it a voluntary update by Maruti?

1.6 S-Cross - Turbo lag : The only fly in ointment has a solution now
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 12:37   #5522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Thanks for confirming buddy!! I too have found the difference between my car and TD car. My car would pull in 3 rd gear at 1000 RPM while TD car was not that responsive.

How long did the update take? Did you complain about turbo lag or was it a voluntary update by Maruti?

1.6 S-Cross - Turbo lag : The only fly in ointment has a solution now
Mine came with the updated map from birth place, got it confirmed by the service manager.

For the older lots it must be done during the 'brake caliper issue' recall.

Given the huge A.S.S. network of Maruti and the very minimal 1.6 beasts in the wild, it is best to press the service manager to go an extra mile and find out if an update is available. Another service locality in the same city had no clue about the Apple CarPlay update for the S-Cross.
coolkid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 12:57   #5523
BHPian

I am getting an annoying issue with my 3 months old S Cross music system. Its a zeta version, nothing after market was installed.

Everytime I take speed breakers or bad roads at high speed, the usb gets disconnected and it automatically starts playing FM. I have to press the mode button on the steering to switch back to the usb. Anyone else seen this? I will raise it in the next service. Not sure they will be able to fix it or make it worse.
Old 24th August 2016, 13:36   #5524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
Mine came with the updated map from birth place, got it confirmed by the service manager.

For the older lots it must be done during the 'brake caliper issue' recall.

Given the huge A.S.S. network of Maruti and the very minimal 1.6 beasts in the wild, it is best to press the service manager to go an extra mile and find out if an update is available. Another service locality in the same city had no clue about the Apple CarPlay update for the S-Cross.

Even I got my 1.6 with updated map from factory itself. I had expressed my concerns about turbo lag and slightly harder clutch post test drive. SA assured me that Maruti has tweaked it and I was actually surprised to see the change in my car.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 18:10   #5525
BHPian

Don't know if this has been posted before, but here's a video showing the top end performance of the 1.6 DDiS doing duty in an AllGrip Vitara.

Also, here's a video showing a whole bunch of in-gear acceleration timings in various gears in an S-cross AllGrip. The instant fuel economy indicator is a rough indicator of turbo lag - until it hits the peak in any gear - you're in the lag zone.

Old 24th August 2016, 19:58   #5526

Quote:
Nice pics buddy!!

Those led pivot lamps look more of amber than white . I hope it's the camera effect, should be white in real.
Yes you are right. It's probably because of some shift in the camera's white balance while the pic was shot.
Old 24th August 2016, 22:17   #5527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The instant fuel economy indicator is a rough indicator of turbo lag - until it hits the peak in any gear - you're in the lag zone.
Hey d3mon, I am not sure how you correlate turbo lag to the instantaneous fuel economy. Also, I am not sure if I understood your point correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Based on my experience with S-Cross, the FE indicator has NOTHING to do with the turbo lag zone or peak power zone. It mainly depends on which gear and how much throttle input the driver gives. Even in rpms below 1500, if you drive with low or no throttle, the instantaneous FE indicator shows highest (above 20). Even in the proper turbo zone i.e. 1750 and above, if one drives spiritedly with lot of throttle input or if one floors the throttle, the instantaneous FE indicator shows a low figure (below 10).

And what do you mean by "peak in any gear"? You mean red lining or entering turbo zone (> 1750 rpm)
Old 24th August 2016, 22:32   #5528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hey d3mon, I am not sure how you correlate turbo lag to the instantaneous fuel economy. Also, I am not sure if I understood your point correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Based on my experience with S-Cross, the FE indicator has NOTHING to do with the turbo lag zone or peak power zone. It mainly depends on which gear and how much throttle input the driver gives. Even in rpms below 1500, if you drive with low or no throttle, the instantaneous FE indicator shows highest (above 20). Even in the proper turbo zone i.e. 1750 and above, if one drives spiritedly with lot of throttle input or if one floors the throttle, the instantaneous FE indicator shows a low figure (below 10).

And what do you mean by "peak in any gear"? You mean red lining or entering turbo zone (> 1750 rpm)
I was talking about the FE indicator hitting the peak value of consumption in a specified gear. Are you talking about km/L or L/100 km? The video shows the latter.

It's very simple - the instantaneous fuel economy in the video shows "L/100 km". The higher the value, more the fuel being injected (and hence power being generated), at a relatively constant speed and in the same gear.

Start watching from 20:30. He presses the accelerator pedal at 20:32, which is when the FE indicator shows some fuel being injected, and the speed start to increase. Until 20:35, the FE indicator keeps increasing, which shows that the quantity of fuel being injected is still increasing until 20:35, in line with the gradually increasing boost pressure. This indicates 3 seconds of lag in that operating range and gear (5th gear, 70KMPH).
Old 24th August 2016, 23:23   #5529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Something related to keyless push start system.

Did you try again and check ?
The problem was a blown accessories fuse. The service technician has changed it but not sure what has caused it. I have to wait and see.
BenHarPree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 10:13   #5530
Distinguished - BHPian

Oil filter of 1.6 S-Cross : 970 Rs (almost 3 times costlier than 1.3 variant)

Pic was shared by fellow S-Cross owner in WhatsApp.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160824wa0003.jpg

Both air and oil filter is priced just under 1000 Rs for 1.6 S-Cross while it's under 300 Rs for 1.3. According to SA, fuel filter is same for 1.3 and 1.6 .
Old 25th August 2016, 10:44   #5531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I've booked the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha
Congrats first of all!

If I may ask, what's the car costing you on the road (I am assuming it's in Pune with octroi)?
Old 25th August 2016, 21:24   #5532
BHPian

Any idea of how to check whether I have updated map or the old one itself?
I am having a peculiar problem from one week. The OBD indicator comes up randomly and stays for a very long time. Today, twice I felt that I lost power in third gear and my heart almost came to my mouth both the times :(

girish

Quote:
Even I got my 1.6 with updated map from factory itself. I had expressed my concerns about turbo lag and slightly harder clutch post test drive. SA assured me that Maruti has tweaked it and I was actually surprised to see the change in my car.
Old 25th August 2016, 21:28   #5533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Any idea of how to check whether I have updated map or the old one itself?
I am having a peculiar problem from one week. The OBD indicator comes up randomly and stays for a very long time. Today, twice I felt that I lost power in third gear and my heart almost came to my mouth both the times :(

girish
I guess that's engine malfunction light. Get it checked at MASS and also note down the error code. Did you notice power loss when SVS light came up in MID?

Regarding map update, ask your SA if there is any update for your car.
Old 25th August 2016, 21:28   #5534
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
The OBD indicator comes up randomly and stays for a very long time. Today, twice I felt that I lost power in third gear and my heart almost came to my mouth both the times
Please take the car to MASS as soon as possible. Don't delay.

In case you have an OBD 2 reader, plug it in and see what the CEU has stored.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 12:53   #5535

Dear Friends,

I inquired the Noida Rohan NEXA, and as per them there is no MAP update provided by Maruti. I had faced serious problem on my trip to Hilly area, when I had to pull my Scross from a stand still on a steep slope.

Can we check this info from Maruti?

Thanks for your help.

regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks