Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 19:34   #5611
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S-Cross 1.6 : 0-100 timing (Torque Pro App)

Lunch RPM : 2500

Shifted just before 4000 RPM and hit 100 KMPH in 3rd gear.
That's fabulous ! But it could only be feasible due to launch RPM @2500, besides 3rd gear would almost scramble the car

What was gear sequence for this ? I mean 1-2-3 or 2-3?
Also the road chosen for the test is perfect!

Last edited by Sip : 4th September 2016 at 19:41.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 19:50   #5612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
That's fabulous ! But it could only be feasible due to launch RPM @2500, besides 3rd gear would almost scramble the car

What was gear sequence for this ? I mean 1-2-3 or 2-3?
Also the road chosen for the test is perfect!
I did multiple runs and found this method the best one for 0-100 run in 1.6 S-Cross.

1. Launch at 2500 RPM in 1st gear
2. Shift just before 4000 RPM
3. Hit 100Kph in 3 rd gear

I tried hitting 100 in 4 th gear too but I was around a second slower.

Launching above 2500 RPM caused lots of wheelspin which resulted in a relatively slower timing.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th September 2016 at 19:52.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 23:11   #5613
BHPian

Quote:
I did multiple runs and found this method the best one for 0-100 run in 1.6 S-Cross.

1. Launch at 2500 RPM in 1st gear
2. Shift just before 4000 RPM
3. Hit 100Kph in 3 rd gear
Out of curiosity just want to know. Did the car emit a lot of black smoke when you pushed it hard? Or did it behave like a true sports car?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2016 at 10:10. Reason: Grammar.
Old 4th September 2016, 23:17   #5614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Out of curiosity just want to know. Did the car emit a lot of black smoke when you pushed it hard? Or did it behave like a true sports car?
I always keep an eye on ORVM to check smoke. I have not noticed black smoke even under hard acceleration. But I have seen one 1.6 S-Cross which was smoking with aggressive driving on ghats which is normal for diesel cars. Continuous black smoke is an issue and only a puff of smoke with WOT is normal.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2016 at 10:11. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 4th September 2016, 23:34   #5615
BHPian

Quote:
I always keep an eye on ORVM to check smoke. I have not noticed black smoke even under hard acceleration. But I have seen one 1.6 S-Cross which was smoking with aggressive driving on ghats which is normal for diesel cars. Continuous black smoke is an issue and only a puff of smoke with WOT is normal.
I have Scross 1.6 too which used to leave lots of black smoke whenever i used to push it bit hard or sometimes in normal conditions too.got my car serviced yesterday.they took nearly 3 days to solve the issue as service center guys took more than 2 days just to identify the issue according to them My 1.6's air filter had lots of dust which resulted in oil sucked into intercooler. So they cleaned the intercooler hoses along with EGR Valve and all the piping associated with it. I havent seen black smoke in last 2 days though tomorrow i am leaving for my native which will give me the opportunity to push the car to max limit fingers crossed this time.hope issue is solved this time.
Also they charged me for Air filter which costs 810 rs.mind you my car have clocked just 8k Km so bit shocked to see air filter gave up so early.seems like my car came with faulty air filter

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 4th September 2016 at 23:36.
sahiltodankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 23:43   #5616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
I have Scross 1.6 too which used to leave lots of black smoke whenever i used to push it bit hard or sometimes in normal conditions too.got my car serviced yesterday.they took nearly 3 days to solve the issue as service center guys took more than 2 days just to identify the issue according to them My 1.6's air filter had lots of dust which resulted in oil sucked into intercooler. So they cleaned the intercooler hoses along with EGR Valve and all the piping associated with it. I havent seen black smoke in last 2 days though tomorrow i am leaving for my native which will give me the opportunity to push the car to max limit fingers crossed this time.hope issue is solved this time.
Also they charged me for Air filter which costs 810 rs.mind you my car have clocked just 8k Km so bit shocked to see air filter gave up so early.seems like my car came with faulty air filter
Good to know that you are happy finally. I had read about your posts regarding black smoke. What Maruti guys told is true. When air filter is clogged, engine won't get enough air and fuel would be rich resulting in black smoke. Also it's easy to remove air filter on your own. I suggest you to clean it yourself every 5K KM.
Old 5th September 2016, 10:05   #5617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just checked air filter today to see how dirty it was. It was pretty clean. Also it's Mahle brand (Made in India). My car is April 2016 manufactured and I guess Maruti has localised the air filter now.
Naren,

Is it "India Mahle" or "Made in India" ? There's a difference.

To my knowledge, air filter of all 1.6DDIS have been imported from Europe. 70% from Germany. Rest from France, Hungary etc.
Old 5th September 2016, 10:18   #5618
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that you are happy finally. I had read about your posts regarding black smoke. What Maruti guys told is true. When air filter is clogged, engine won't get enough air and fuel would be rich resulting in black smoke. Also it's easy to remove air filter on your own. I suggest you to clean it yourself every 5K KM.
Naren,

I Echo your post, my Sx4 (D) was giving a lot of smoke on sudden acceleration. Day before I changed the Air filter (5,000 Kms interval) and the smoke has reduced to half. I normally change the air-filters after 5k kms. For Indian conditions, I believe 10k kms is fairly long interval.
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 11:07   #5619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Naren,

Is it "India Mahle" or "Made in India" ? There's a difference.

To my knowledge, air filter of all 1.6DDIS have been imported from Europe. 70% from Germany. Rest from France, Hungary etc.
It was written as Mahle and Made in India. Maruti might have imported air filters before and would push it for service replacements. Localised one (Mahle) is used for current production batch.
Old 5th September 2016, 12:42   #5620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was written as Mahle and Made in India. Maruti might have imported air filters before and would push it for service replacements. Localised one (Mahle) is used for current production batch.
Thanks, then its clear, you have got a Mahle (Made in India) filter.

However, its surprising they have localized for such small quantity.
Old 5th September 2016, 14:17   #5621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, then its clear, you have got a Mahle (Made in India) filter.

However, its surprising they have localized for such small quantity.
I was wrong. I rechecked just now. I had not removed the air filter out and had only glanced by removing the cover before.It's written as "India Mahle". Looking at the word India, I thought it's localised. Kindly confirm!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160905141440.png  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th September 2016 at 14:19.
Old 5th September 2016, 17:12   #5622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wrong. I rechecked just now. I had not removed the air filter out and had only glanced by removing the cover before.It's written as "India Mahle". Looking at the word India, I thought it's localised. Kindly confirm!!
Now you are right.

All air filters of 1.6 are imported from Europe.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 17:28   #5623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Now you are right.

All air filters of 1.6 are imported from Europe.

I just did a Google search as "India Mahle" and was indeed directed to an automotive air filter manufacturing company, but it's an India based company. So maybe the filter is being manufactured in India. Here's a link to the company website. http://www.mahlefiltersystemsindia.c...cts/index.aspx

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160905172333.png

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160905172441.png

Mods, please change the emoji of Off Topic. I just hate this frowning face.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 5th September 2016 at 17:36.
Old 5th September 2016, 18:12   #5624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I just did a Google search as "India Mahle" and was indeed directed to an automotive air filter manufacturing company, but it's an India based company. So maybe the filter is being manufactured in India. Here's a link to the company website. http://www.mahlefiltersystemsindia.c...cts/index.aspx

]
Mahle is a German automotive parts manufacturer.
It has 170 production units across the globe. There is one in India as well.

But, S-cross 1.6 air filter is not made in India.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 18:20   #5625
BANNED

Quote:
Kindly confirm!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I just did a Google search as "India Mahle" and was indeed directed to an automotive air filter manufacturing company
Quote:
But, S-cross 1.6 air filter is not made in India.
I agree with Kpzen Sir.

The part number found on the air filter picture posted by Dr. Naren it reads 13780-62M00

This number isn't for an Indian manufactured or Maruti Suzuki specific part. Reason is parts that are labeled by Maruti Suzuki would be having an 'M' in between like below:

13780M62M00

I may be wrong too but that's what I have observed.

Please find the picture of the air filter on my Swift ZDi (Mahle manufactured but Indian Maruti specific)

Name:  ForumRunner_20160905_182005.png
Views: 2754
Size:  392.2 KB

PS: Part number had that 'M' in between.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks