Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2016, 18:42   #6121
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Folks, a quick question. What is the service interval for S Cross? My understanding was 1K, 5K, 10K and every 10K there after. I completed my 10K service three months back and is now at 18K. I got a call from Bimal Maruti that my 15K service is due. When I asked them about the service intervals, I was informed that the service interval is 5K and 10K is just the oil change interval. Any thoughts?
Absolutely wrong info given by the service center. The service manual very clearly tells that 1k or 1 month, 5k or 6 months, 10k or 1 year for first 3 services and post that the interval is 10k or 1 yr whichever is earlier. Do not fall in the trap of 5k service interval - this is not a Honda

I have also got my car serviced at Bimal(1k, 5k and 10k). Till now, I have not got any call regarding the 15k service. I am at 13.5k at this point of time. Will keep the forum updated if I get any such calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
They've screwed up wheel balancing and alignment. The steering needs to be kept to the left to go straight. It was perfect earlier.
Wow man. They do it every time, I guess. Bimal guys had screwed up the alignment and balance when I did my 10k service. I started getting vibration at 120+ kmph and the car was moving towards left when I leave the steering free. However, if I hold the steering straight, the vehicle keeps going straight.

Since I had to leave for a long drive pretty soon and since the service center did not have time to fix my car, I got the balancing done from Sai Iyengar. However, they did not have the values for alignment of S-Cross and I had to get it done from Bimal itself. On a weekday, I went again to Bimal again and tried to fix the alignment. They checked again and said everything was ok - but the behavior is the same even now. I need to take them for a drive in oprn roads to demonstrate the issue and get it fixed.

You should get back to the service center ASAP and get it fixed free of cost.

Last edited by Vigkey : 16th November 2016 at 18:49.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 19:40   #6122
BHPian

Thank you guys for suggestions will definately try DIY job on fog lamp. Anyways i guess scross doesn't come with additional headlights bulbs as i am not able to find it in my car.
Also i am happy to share that i have successfully solved the rear parcel tray rattling by adding small sponge pieces into the two tray connectors one on each side. Rattling have stopped completely now. Finally Relief from annoying noise
sahiltodankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 19:52   #6123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I have also got my car serviced at Bimal(1k, 5k and 10k). Till now, I have not got any call regarding the 15k service. I am at 13.5k at this point of time. Will keep the forum updated if I get any such calls.
I completed my 20k service (4th service) last month. I had received a call from Bimal when it was around 16k, asking for a 15k service. When I told them that the manufacturer is recommending 10k intervals, their point was that it is good for the vehicle.
I clearly told them that Maruti knows better than them what is good for vehicle and I will stick with the schedule Maruti recommended.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 23:15   #6124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Also i am happy to share that i have successfully solved the rear parcel tray rattling by adding small sponge pieces into the two tray connectors one on each side. Rattling have stopped completely now. Finally Relief from annoying noise
Sahil please share some pics. I tried damping at various points but the rattling didn't stop. Now I'm driving without the tray.
Old 17th November 2016, 00:28   #6125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sahil please share some pics. I tried damping at various points but the rattling didn't stop. Now I'm driving without the tray.
Just cut the sponge ( i used little harder sponge) into small pieces and stuff those pieces into this small connector points.now connect the parcel tray into those two points normallyJust make sure you put enough sponge so that it won't make any movement.Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2016111700214216523.jpg  

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 17th November 2016 at 00:33.
sahiltodankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 08:02   #6126
BHPian

[quote=a4anurag;4093871]Can you please post the bill of the service done. Will make things clear regarding that 6950 bucks that you paid.

I've uploaded the pictures. But sorry for the poor quality. I've tried my best. But the letters are too dim even when read directly.
How is the quality of leather wrap on the steering wheel? Mine keeps peeling off.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161117wa0001.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161117wa0000.jpg  

Old 17th November 2016, 21:44   #6127
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen couple of posts and also heard about multiple errors being thrown by S-Cross 1.6 ECU. I too encountered it 2 weeks back. I had just started the car at morning and while reversing, MID threw up CEL. I plugged in my OBD reader and found out the error codes. I drove for around 10 KM with CEL and car was doing fine. I cleared the errors and those errors have not come up in last 1000 KM. There were multiple errors which said lost communication with ABS, Power steering, Body control module and Vehicle speed sensor error. If those errors come up again, I wouldn't delete it and get it checked at MASS.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20161105125700.png  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 06:12   #6128
BHPian

There are periodic status messages sent on CAN bus from other ECUs to the engine controller. If for some short duration these signals are not recieved by the EMS (engine controller), then these DTCs you observed (diagnostic fault codes) are set in the fault memory. The threshold for setting the loss of communication DTCs like the ones you mentioned is typically 500ms or so, which means if a periodic message which is expected is not received by the EMS for 500ms, then the communication loss DTC is SET.

The usual reasons could be:
1. Weakened battery, which is not able to maintain the voltage during cranking, thereby resetting some of the other ECUs in the vehicle. During the time the other ECUs restart, loss of communication is detected.

2. Insufficiently mated EMS connector, which is causing intermittent loss of connection of the EMS to the CAN bus, hence these DTCs.

3. wiring harness faulty, leading to intermittent loss of CAN communication, this usually never the reason, but in theory can.

When such a behavior occurs next time, drop in to workshop, not a good idea to clear the DTCs yourself, which is kind of defeating the whole purpose why the DTCs were logged in the first place. For now, don't worry, take it easy.
vidyasagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 09:54   #6129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Wow man. They do it every time, I guess. Bimal guys had screwed up the alignment and balance when I did my 10k service. I started getting vibration at 120+ kmph and the car was moving towards left when I leave the steering free. However, if I hold the steering straight, the vehicle keeps going straight.

Since I had to leave for a long drive pretty soon and since the service center did not have time to fix my car, I got the balancing done from Sai Iyengar. However, they did not have the values for alignment of S-Cross and I had to get it done from Bimal itself. On a weekday, I went again to Bimal again and tried to fix the alignment. They checked again and said everything was ok - but the behavior is the same even now. I need to take them for a drive in oprn roads to demonstrate the issue and get it fixed.
Even I had a similar problem with wheel balancing / alignment. Car was pulling to left and there were vibrations above triple digit speeds. I went to my regular WA/ WB guy who do it using manual machines.

He took a couple of attempts for WA and the issue was resolved. He basically takes the car on the ramp, fixes the alignment, goes for a trial and repeat the process till he is satisfied.

Have been visiting him from past few years and every visit solved my problems on WA / WB.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 18th November 2016 at 09:56.
Old 18th November 2016, 10:06   #6130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
When such a behavior occurs next time, drop in to workshop, not a good idea to clear the DTCs yourself, which is kind of defeating the whole purpose why the DTCs were logged in the first place. For now, don't worry, take it easy.
Thanks for the detailed analysis .

I will definitely get it checked at MASS if those errors come up again. I did not mind clearing the error codes because even MASS does the same and would have asked me to come back if those errors turn up again. My car is only 8500 KM run and it does take little time to crank the engine. A weak battery couldn't be ruled out here.
Old 18th November 2016, 18:45   #6131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I completed my 20k service (4th service) last month.
Hi Sree, would you mind sharing the cost incurred for the 4th service at 20K. I am currently at 18K and with some outstation trips planned, I will be going for the 20K service in the next couple of weeks. A heads up on the estimated cost will help.
Old 18th November 2016, 22:32   #6132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Hi Sree, would you mind sharing the cost incurred for the 4th service at 20K. I am currently at 18K and with some outstation trips planned, I will be going for the 20K service in the next couple of weeks. A heads up on the estimated cost will help.
20K service came around 8600. You can refer the detailed bill on the post post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Attached is the total bill for 20K KM service.
Parts cost - Rs. 5398
Labour (Including balancing & Alignment) - Rs. 3238
Total - Rs. 8636.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 21:57   #6133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Any idea if this is the default alloy now, or is it still an option available with NEXA?
If optional, does anyone know how much is NEXA charging for this?
This particular design of the alloy was the first one to walk out of Nexa, as confirmed by the RM. At first they were unsure as to whether it was an update or since the order was on priority, it might be an import model. But they have confirmed since that it is an update on the car. Since I did not pay any extra penny for the same, I can confirm that it is stock and not an accessory.
eddy481 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 23:41   #6134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy481 View Post
This particular design of the alloy was the first one to walk out of Nexa, as confirmed by the RM. At first they were unsure as to whether it was an update or since the order was on priority, it might be an import model. But they have confirmed since that it is an update on the car. Since I did not pay any extra penny for the same, I can confirm that it is stock and not an accessory.
Congratulations for the pleasant surprise!
Maruti has surprised folks and how.
Shows they are listening to customers and probably taking steps to beautify the weak spots of this wonderful car.
Bring on the new front grill that the European version wears. That would be a game changer.

By the way, was your car manufactured recently? I mean month and year.

Last edited by aryasanyal : 19th November 2016 at 23:53.
Old 20th November 2016, 00:16   #6135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Congratulations for the pleasant surprise!
Maruti has surprised folks and how.
Shows they are listening to customers and probably taking steps to beautify the weak spots of this wonderful car.
Bring on the new front grill that the European version wears. That would be a game changer.

By the way, was your car manufactured recently? I mean month and year.
The car was manufactured after the booking was done, that is, in first week or early second week of November. Due to some issues with the local Nexa dealer not being able to provide the estimate regarding the delivery date, there was some resentment shown by us. As a result the owner of the dealership had the car delivered on priority. In fact, the car was the only one in the whole trailer when it was delivered.
According to the vin decoding done by me based on forums, the manufacturing date comes to be December 2016. The tyres themselves are October manufactured.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks