Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2016, 21:55   #6001
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Is the Basic Kit compulsory? And what does it contain?!
No, its not compulsory. Insurance, Basic kit, 3rd/4th year extended warranty and NEXA Card are optional.

The Basic Kit covered the following items:

- 3D Floor Mats.
- Perfume.
- TomTom car charger with 2 USB points.
- Cushions.
- Leather wrapped steering Wheel Cover.
- Mud Flaps.

------------------------------------------------------

Will be visiting Raju and Rahul at Palika Bhawan for seat covers tomorrow after seeing their work on another thread. Booked an appointment for 1st Service for Saturday, have told them I will be staying with the Car.
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:24   #6002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
No, its not compulsory. Insurance, Basic kit, 3rd/4th year extended warranty and NEXA Card are optional.

The Basic Kit covered the following items:

- 3D Floor Mats.
- Perfume.
- TomTom car charger with 2 USB points.
- Cushions.
- Leather wrapped steering Wheel Cover.
- Mud Flaps.
Are you sure about the basic kit inclusions? When I booking mine 2 days back, the dealer said , the basic kit includes floor mats, door sil guards (non-illuminated) and body cover(Tyvek) . This is in Chennai and for 1.6 Alpha.

Also, I don't think the basic kit varies with version/engine options as the cost quoted is same. So having a Leather wrapped steering cover as basic kit doesn't make sense .
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:18   #6003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi all. My 1.3 Alpha Pearl White has been allotted (booked 8/10) and expected to arrive end this week. As I am traveling will take delivery on 12/11. Effective wait period has been 30 days. I asked the dealer not to do the anti rust and paint protection. Would be getting it done at 3M as I would like to be present when it is done. 3M is pushing for film for bonnet and roof to prevent from bird droppings. Please give me your suggestions.
Hello,

The film on the bonnet (half), Bumpers, Doors is not a bad idea. It could go a long way in protecting your car in the city traffic, from those minor brushes here and there. I have done it for the Polo two years ago and It amazes me, with its protection, even to this day.

The film part will certainly cost you upwards of 20K.

Regards
Bharath
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:27   #6004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
Are you sure about the basic kit inclusions? When I booking mine 2 days back, the dealer said , the basic kit includes floor mats, door sil guards (non-illuminated) and body cover(Tyvek) . This is in Chennai and for 1.6 Alpha.

Also, I don't think the basic kit varies with version/engine options as the cost quoted is same. So having a Leather wrapped steering cover as basic kit doesn't make sense .
Sorry I forgot to mention that I paid 5970/-(Basic kit price for Baleno) for the items I listed instead of 5323/-(Basic kit price for S-Cross)

I made a note of it at the time of booking.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4154.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:15   #6005
BHPian

Almost time now to share my incident with fellow S-Cross owners and prospective buyers. I recently had my 20k service done from my dealer Fair Deal Cars Pvt Ltd service centre in Sahibabad, Noida on the 7th of October. The servicing process was smooth but I had been encountering an apparently minor problem eith my steering control illumination for a while.

The left side of the steering controls which contains media control buttons of Volume Up/Down, Track Up/Down, Mode and Mute was having significantly dimmer illumination as compared to the right side having Cruise Control buttons. I made the Manager Mr Kamal aware of the situation, in return of which some pictures were taking and I was told that a complaint would be lodged.

No action taken until the 20th, no information conveyed to me and my SA would repeatedly tell me that I will get a call from NEXA soon. I received a call from NEXA on the 22nd asking if I was happy with the complaint resolution. This was a shocker as I hadn't been provided any resolution. I contacted Mr Manoj and got to know that the replacement part has been issued, received at service centre and kept in their store since 16th October! He promised that the replacement would be done on the 1st but nobody showed up at my address.

I am unable to come to terms with how the NEXA experience is going on with me ever since my purchase date. There is a stark contrast in the car's performance and my dealer's performance. Wondering if it's just Fair Deal Cars that I'm having trouble with matching wavelengths.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161103_130624.jpg  

sunejarahul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 21:19   #6006
BHPian

From a recent trip to Lepakshi, while we stopped for a countryside picnic style lunch on our way back ...

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scrosslepakshi-2.jpg

Last edited by pannags : 3rd November 2016 at 21:29.
pannags is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 23:30   #6007
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Wondering if it's just Fair Deal Cars that I'm having trouble with matching wavelengths.
NEXA is good concept and launched with intentions to improve customer experience. Since it has emerged from within Maruti Suzuki hence shares some of its cultural traits. Cultural change is bound to take time for it is essentially a slow process.

I had a protracted struggle during purchase of my S-Cross. Purchase attempt started in Feb 16 and finally got car in Aug 16. There were some complexities in my transaction as sale was through a different channel. At an early stage I decided not to unrelent and not to compromise due to frustration. In the whole episode I wrote over 20 e-mails and many more telephone calls to NEXA, interacted with 3 different dealers and few RMs, SMs/GM, TM and finally a Regional Manager. I pursued the case with vigour and some of unresolved issues i am still determined to pursue untill acceptable resolution is reached.

I started with dealer A, but due to very poor handling, booked the car with dealer B, paid money but could not get the car and finally dealer C, provided the car to me and it was at dealer C that I found some qualitatively acceptable experience.

Some inferences from experience :-

- Initial bugs have strong existence.

- Improved hospitality and better ambience at NEXA showrooms.

- Big investment by dealers making them desperate for profit. Maruti and its dealers tend to be inflexible hence sales staff find them working in unhealthy environment because logic and good ethics are subordinated to profit. Customer complaints normally trouble RMs only. RMs are under pressure from Maruti ( for prescribed code of conduct and getting high sales), Dealers (to increase profit) and from customers (e.g. facing customers ire for delay caused by company and manipulations by dealer towards profit maximisation).

- Unexpected responses both in case of S-Cross (below expectations) and Baleno (above capacity) complicated the matter.

- Maruti does focus on macro level only so individuals shouldn't expect personalised attention from company irrespective of gravity of the case. Dealers are dictated primarily by profit and can indulge in expected behaviour with customers. Here RM could be made to act like a puppet! Dealers think they could get away with this in most of the cases, a fact revealed by one of NEXA sales fellows!

- Many RMs are devoid of critical traits and could be easily found telling lies both deliberately and due to lack of knowledge. Yes good thing is that few of them are competent and strive to be up to the proclaimed standards of NEXA.

Last edited by Sip : 3rd November 2016 at 23:40.
Sip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 20:12   #6008
Distinguished - BHPian

Putting a rest and earlier speculations on Maruti Suzuki may axe the DDiS320, Maruti Suzuki shows us the proof on how serious it is with the S Cross!
Now imports the 3rd consignment of 1.6 engines in 2016. Total stock of engines ( 1.6) imported in 2016 is now 384!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

Source - Zauba

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th November 2016 at 20:16.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 21:13   #6009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Now imports the 3rd consignment of 1.6 engines in 2016. Total stock of engines ( 1.6) imported in 2016 is now 384!
I hope this engine import is for S-Cross consumption.

Are they wanting to launch it in the Ciaz and Swift under the Sport label (limited edition just like the VW GTI).. I know wish full thinking.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 21:17   #6010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Are they wanting to launch it in the Ciaz and Swift under the Sport label (limited edition just like the VW GTI).. I know wish full thinking.
Very remote chance as Maruti is finding it difficultl in production constraints due to capacity issues,

Another chance could be the Vitara ( speculated to be called Grand Vitara) that could be launched as a halo product at Nexa.
Old 5th November 2016, 09:46   #6011
BHPian

Ok so, I got a confirmation from NEXA Vizag that they are receiving 1.6 only in alpha trim.
Has maruti officially released any word on that yet ?

I might have to settle for 1.3 zeta or ecosport in that case
Old 5th November 2016, 09:59   #6012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
Ok so, I got a confirmation from NEXA Vizag that they are receiving 1.6 only in alpha trim.

It's quite long time now that Maruti is only offering 1.6 in alpha trim. 1.6 engine is solely made if your driving is more on highways.if you want to enjoy pure thrill then don't look anywhere else. If you looking for daily commuter in city traffic then go with scross 1.3 anytime over EcoSport.
Old 5th November 2016, 10:25   #6013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes the 1.6 is available only in the alpha trim from May onwards. If you can stretch please get the 1.6. even for the city it is good. I think the Maruti guys have tweaked the ECU to make it easier to drive in the city. The lag is quite manageable. I had also booked a 1.3 Zeta and then switched to the 1.6 Alpha as the 1.3 was being diverted to the brezza and the baleno. One of the better decisions I took. Yes it is expensive by almost 4 lakhs. So, am again repeating, if you can, please buy the 1.6
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 11:31   #6014
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti has not officially released any thing on the discontinuation of lower variants of 1.6. The price list of all variants are available on Nexa site. But, unofficially instructed the Nexa outlets to take bookings of 1.6 Alpha only. That too it's made to order.
Old 5th November 2016, 13:19   #6015
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Maruti has not officially released any thing on the discontinuation of lower variants of 1.6. The price list of all variants are available on Nexa site. But, unofficially instructed the Nexa outlets to take bookings of 1.6 Alpha only. That too it's made to order.
While price of all variants of the 1.6 DDIS 320 is listed in the nexa website, the brochure only mentions the Alpha variant, So I guess the price list in the website is not updated.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross.jpg

brochure-scross.pdf
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed